a question and a whine

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
ok, is it just me that starts thinking this is unfair?`
recently vampires came and valkyries and heretics,
valks have gotten super love, same has thanes, I just can't fight those classes anymore, I just fought a vampiir, and he werent to high rr, but damn that little thing was hard, fight lasted in 6mins, I died, with him on 10%, he drained what so ever I had of endurance, he healed himself in combat.

mythic open your eyes, this can't continue, nerf them, or give us other classes love?

they are abit more overpowered than normal classes now imo?
what say you?

why wont they give us others love?
cause I can't jump any of those classes that are over the rank brehon and elding vakten anymore if they are thane valkyrie or vampiir:eek:
they just keep healing themself...

let's talk about this, and be serious.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Bottom line why should an assassin expect to be able to beat a hybrid tank?

The fact that you can almost compete with them is proof enough that your class is fine.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
I think giving some classes extreme love then leaving the rest for what will be the best part of 6 months is a huge mistake, you only have to look at emain the last few days to see. 4-5 VW's at any one time and a constant stream of valks and thanes.

Everz

FH is my second home
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
I think giving some classes extreme love then leaving the rest for what will be the best part of 6 months is a huge mistake, you only have to look at emain the last few days to see. 4-5 VW's at any one time and a constant stream of valks and thanes.
once again, welcome to daoc

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
yea but, I were able to beat them, why should it be like this now?
minstrels you know, they are not used in grps anymore, so I solo most of the time.
and I just think it is unfair, whats good with the minstrels now then?
I just think skalds and minstrels should get more love.

then it is like no meaning having skalds and minstrel anymore is it?

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Eversmallx said:
once again, welcome to daoc

Having played through the See-hidden/LA/savage/warlock periods i am quite aware of the way things work, i am merely pointing this out :p

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
Fahdlan said:
minstrels you know, they are not used in grps anymore, so I solo most of the time.

Dont even try to put skald and minstrel in the same boat. Skald is a tank, minstrel is not. Skalds are fine in groups and even solo. Minstrels are stealthers and are fine/overpowered in the stealth game.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Fahdlan said:

As a minstrel your main attribute is damage mitigation with warguard, ablative etc, but against a vamp and especially one with 38+ sm you meet a class which can out live you. Minstrels apart from CC have no obvious defence such as parry or shield, this makes power gaining on a vamp quite easy and if he has the SM HoT your screwed. Put this vamp up against a friar/reaver and the vamp will die on most occasions

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Here you go

Attachments

• other_cookie.gif
    other_cookie.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 439

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
skalds need love aswell:p
but why, why those 4 classes? why are they killing you with just looking you in the eyes?

well I need all those abilitys to be up when I need to kill anything:p it's like 15min each time, wh, battler, som, warguard, mincer abs, ip sos1 fa, you name it.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I have to say , fighting valkeryies before was tough enough . Slam side style side style etc was painful , now its just retarded. I have no intention to 'duel' something that I cant offer the slightest bit of a challenge to . At higher realm rank maybe but with limited tricks , no warguard , no battler , no mallice, no stun other than strafable ones .. I think Ill duel everything else bar valkeryies and rr 6 plus armsmen . Its just pointless and all Ill be doing is feeding them rps .

pip

Banned
If you can't beat em zerg em:) They did it to my warlock:( didn't stop me getting rr11 tho but yes i agree mythic should open the window and catch a clue:wanker:

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Just for the record, Valks got heals and dd procs, thanes only got dd procs.

And speaking for thanes, it's only fair. Because that for several years the thanes was the most shunned class in midgard, with as good as most things going against them.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
well that I agree on, it is ok for the thanes to get love, but I just think they gave them to much really:p

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
I think thane love was about right, valks are just stupid now though. I think the main error is this whole thing is they 'fixed' so many classes and left others, like archers for instance.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
how do you others handle thanes and valks, vampiirs, heretics btw?

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Well... I can only tell from BG1, so that might not be what you are after, Fahdlan... anyway.

I had lot's of toons in Thidranki and most of the time I didn't had the chance to actually PLAY the class if that would mean not to 1/2/3 shot someone or getting 1/2/3 shotted.

No whine, just a statement. Some people may love this, that's the kick for them, some not.

With my Valkyrie I managed to play a visible character without speed and get some nice fights - which was fun. 60-90 seconds where I actually fought another player and we could use our abilities - every block was welcome, every parry, trying to get into side position to shield-slam, watching my power bar to go down fast with all the spells I used and stuff. It was actually a fight. Assasins to jump me and *woot* no insta-dead! What a feeling!

(Note: I don't have a buffbot - I run alone, unbuffed (safe that ow weapon procc buff) and I did have blue con Aurulite bought armor plus some yellow con player crafted weapons with an ice dd procc. No "template" to say so.)

What did they do? They dumped all their poisons, desease etc. on me, backstabbed me etc. and if I wasn't dead after the first 4-5 rounds they would give up and ran! I mean - I had like 30% Hp left, was poisioned and stuff, slowed and hindered and the assasin was almost at full HP and RAN AWAY just because I turned on him and drew a weapon?

Is this silly or what? I wanted to just start fighting and he didn't even gave me a chance??! I chased, he stealthed, I went back to the very same place, waited patiently. Alone, no ambush, no group, hoping he'd try again.

He did. Full load from behind, tried to fight a bit longer but when he saw I healed myself mid-fight he broke and ran away... he got no insta kill on me - so he ran. Grrrrrr

He wasn't even below 50% HP at that time... And I bet he was fully buffed...

Then there was that Infil that had the courage to actually fight. Was a long fight at Kingsbridge with us running, turning, chasing the other, trying positionals - he changed weapons and I got another DoT... we both wasted all our tools, even went down the ladders and fought at 1st floor until both of us had like 5% HP left.

He got the lucky swing and won. /bow from me

--> See: that was actually a fight.

Bottom line. I could kill some players, some could kill me. Call me a bad-played Valkyrie (I have no experience in tank like chars) or whatever. I enjoy that Jill-of-all-trades feeling so I can take different roles in a group. I will get spanked many times with my Valky - no doubt, BUT I do hope that it won't be the oh-so-common insta dead. What's the good thing in a game? To actually PLAY, right?

I think every class has an advantage in certain situations and there are some that are harder to kill solo and some are easier. Everything that I want is a CHANCE to play the class I choosed and use the tools I was given.

Casters 2-shot me as a Valky with bolts. It's all about reaction... 1st bolt hits... am I fast enough to hit insta PBAOE heal? 2nd bolt - me prolly dead. IF I manage to heal I am not at full health anymore and have to close the distance to the caster. 15s till next insta heal. Caster has me targettet and faced. Ready to nuke. When I sprint I loose ENDU and can't style... And then there is CC in any form. Guess who'll win? Not to mention pet classes?

Maybe I am not the "average Joe" here with lightning fast reflexes, optimized gear and stuff... and as I said I can't comment on lvl50 valks... but as long as it means that people can play their toons actually and don't experience so many insta-kills as I am used to - it's fine.

Also the player behind that char is what makes the char good or not. You will experence that too. There are people that can play their char to an extend that is just magical... and I don't mean cheating ;)

My 2 cents, have a nice weekend.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Fahdlan said:
I just think it is unfair, whats good with the minstrels now then? I just think skalds and minstrels should get more love.

Well ofc, Remove stealth from Minstrels and give them some groupgiving love, and some love for Skalds too...it is two classes that are nice and fun to play that havent been getting on the love train as of yet for a long time.

But you really shouldnt be able to beat hybrids in solo fights though!:) So that part is ok now...(not sure how Thanes heal themselves though!:)

/Charmangle

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
just learn how to fight them... just couse evrything doesnt die from 3 arrows anymore doesnt mean they are op

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
I think thane love was about right, valks are just stupid now though. I think the main error is this whole thing is they 'fixed' so many classes and left others, like archers for instance.
both thanes and valks needed love nuff said rly.

And you play infil? Paing ppl for 1k dmg arent OP atall right ? whya re they supose to kill all classes whitin 3 seconds ? shure i can live whit that they kill casters pretty easy,but when they start to wack hybrid/light tanks and heavytanks there´s something wrong dont you think ?

Archers
Hunters are getting love!:)but i can agree give them something just not more dmg and longer range.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Konstantin said:
just learn how to fight them... just couse evrything doesnt die from 3 arrows anymore doesnt mean they are op

Yes i never thought about learning how to fight them, wow what a revelation.....or the fact that some classes are made to kill others?

Feel free to explain to me how a bow specced ranger kills a valk/thane with the latest changes.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Yes i never thought about learning how to fight them, wow what a revelation.....or the fact that some classes are made to kill others?

Feel free to explain to me how a bow specced ranger kills a valk/thane with the latest changes.
Cant do m8r:) maby respec to melee ranger ?:p tho dont se why a bow specked ranger should pwn shield tanks atall, shure they should be able to beat them, but it should be harder then etc. light tanks.

I mean youre bow specked for tower humping right ?play whit some diffrent specks and im shure you will do wery well in a future...

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Konstantin said:
Cant do m8r:) maby respec to melee ranger ?:p tho dont se why a bow specked ranger should pwn shield tanks atall, shure they should be able to beat them, but it should be harder then etc. light tanks.

I like playing an archer, not a stealthing tank tbh, i agree shied tanks should be harder, it took me roughly 10-15 minutes to kill coldbeard. The problem is, the new hybrid changes makes hybrids untouchable, friars are pure evil now, reavers always were, now thanes and valks are untouchable for me. I have a NS i can use for melee but i prefer playing my elf ranger far more.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Fahdlan said:

ok
you USED to be able to kill them. didnt see you complaining when they couldnt win.
tables turned, now they are winning and you cant, and your complaining ?

you cant have it both ways, you didnt call for love of valks , thanes etc when they were gimped, you cant then do it when it suits you cos the focus has shifted.
If you had a serious complaint , fair enough, but it smells too much of ME ME ME tbh :fluffle:

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Fahdlan said:
ok, is it just me that starts thinking this is unfair?`
recently vampires came and valkyries and heretics,
valks have gotten super love, same has thanes, I just can't fight those classes anymore, I just fought a vampiir, and he werent to high rr, but damn that little thing was hard, fight lasted in 6mins, I died, with him on 10%, he drained what so ever I had of endurance, he healed himself in combat.

mythic open your eyes, this can't continue, nerf them, or give us other classes love?

they are abit more overpowered than normal classes now imo?
what say you?

why wont they give us others love?
cause I can't jump any of those classes that are over the rank brehon and elding vakten anymore if they are thane valkyrie or vampiir:eek:
they just keep healing themself...

let's talk about this, and be serious.

I agree. The diffrences is to big. But for the first time in 3½ years I might
be able to win a 1 vs 1 fight with my thane....
I never deleted my thane bcos I knew that sooner or later he will
get some love. I was about to delete my rr5 hunter a month ago, but see,
love inc :D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, the interesting thing with all this is that with Valkyries, Mythic did not for once follow the usual introduce-overpowered-new-class-and-then-nerf-it-to-oblivion pattern, but instead the other way around.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
Mabs.
I just told my side of the story, I think those classes got abit of a much love.
and I bet many other players got the same story to tell aswell.
so this is no attention post really.

remove stealth from the minstrel, no problem for me, I never use it anyway.
give us magic abs in the wall of song spell?:p

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Fahdlan said:
Mabs, if you ment I was talking about MEMEME all the time,
I just told my side of the story, I think those classes got abit of a much love.

so this is no attention post really.
:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom