A plea to check "Remove underwater fights..." (picture inside)

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
undervatten7tm.jpg

I for once think that the idea of underwater fighting is ridiciluos, either make droppable snorkels/scuba diving sets or remove it.

(Check the survey when you log in!)

Lethul

FH is my second home
have to agree, the water is just woooooorthless. so is unclimable mountains

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I hate when people abut that los thing in water.

Once a group swam by me and some rm unstuck and chased me a little while (hah :p) then i turned around to attack him and the coward started to abut the swim up swim down thing so i couldnt kill him and give him what he deserved. Finally the grp came after him and killed me :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Agreed. I just don't get how anyone can swing a weapon underwater. :mad:

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Hm... water is a nice option to find fights. It good to solo in when it's zergy above. Why remove it? Fix the LoS issues instead.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Zagg said:
Fix the LoS issues instead.

Fixing is not the way of mythic! :)

Imo they should make it impossible to cast fire spells in water, but make cold spells root ^_^

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Zagg said:
Hm... water is a nice option to find fights. It good to solo in when it's zergy above. Why remove it? Fix the LoS issues instead.

Yea that sounds fun
hide with [insert bolt+ range caster / archer here] and pwn ppl swimming on top.

:twak:

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Roll a animist, doesnt have los problems in water, just shroom on surface and shrooms will hit both below and above water surface :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:

Imo they should make it impossible to cast fire spells in water, but make cold spells root ^_^

Yeah, firewizards and heat based hib nukers should do damage to themself if they try to nuke anyone in water. Call that "boil" damage.

Midgard dark nukers and light eldritches should have an added snare effect in water and their cold based nukes should do double the damage in water.

Bainshees should halved their damage and range, due to sound waves stopping earlier in water.

Or alternatively, we could just realize it's a game and see if the mechanics of underwater fights are fun or not, while forgetting silly attempted physics realism. :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
after playing wow, the way daoc handles swimming and entering/exiting water is just, well shite tbh.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
after playing wow, the way daoc handles swimming and entering/exiting water is just, well shite tbh.

That I can agree on though, except on the having played WoW part. :)

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Fighting and traveling is probably considered as a different thing, but anyways for solo's and small grps water provides safer way to move. Ie dive, unstealth, stealth, get up.

Also if you wouldn't be able to fight under water, people could just run into water when they are dying and couldn't be harmed.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Bainshees should halved their damage and range, due to sound waves stopping earlier in water.
Haha no you are way wrong m8! Sound travels WAY faster and further in water then in the air... Their range should be atleast dubbled and damage aswell...

Anyways, i think that is a bad idea. Remove water! Give back our OF! :twak:

Listerine

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:

lol aye its kinda strange see'ing fire bolts swimming underwater ^^

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Yup.

Unclimable mountains and water fights, 2 worse terrain issues in RvR.

Used to enjoy sitting at the top of a mountain and just watching the roads for any opportunities :)

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
i dont see how its gonna work tho, are they going to make it so you can't dive in nf? or you can't dive while in combat? can see quite a few problems with if there gonna do it like that

Lethul

FH is my second home
Bonehead said:
Haha no you are way wrong m8! Sound travels WAY faster and further in water then in the air... Their range should be atleast dubbled and damage aswell...

Anyways, i think that is a bad idea. Remove water! Give back our OF! :twak:

their range/damage should be a *5 multiplier i think :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer the water system is pretty annoying agreed. turn it off in rvr land.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Trunks said:
i dont see how its gonna work tho, are they going to make it so you can't dive in nf? or you can't dive while in combat? can see quite a few problems with if there gonna do it like that

just insert "event" in the northsea that managed to freeze all the waters into ice without changing the climate on land :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Agreed. I just don't get how anyone can swing a weapon underwater. :mad:
Or cast heat-based spells without boiling themselves :<

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Water's great against zergs and also also in avoiding zergs when solo, but 8v8 water fights suck I agree.

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
Water and bridges are the bane of NF. Mythic are probably asking if we wish for the ability to dive removed from RvR, personally I would like to see them totally reconsider NF design, get rid of the bridges and the water - not just restrict players from fighting under it.

The only useful thing water is useful for is avoiding the zergs - but there would be no zergs in a built up area (bridges) if we did not have choke points/ bottle necks, or even insta-port.

I voted that my option is not listed here, because it isn't. I do not care for NF design with all the water at all, I would prefer a redesign of how RvR could work in NF. That, to me, would be the best RvR improvement. Clustering at bridges or roaming forever only to find nothing really defeats the purpose and potential of RvR imo.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
I guess I'm the only one who actually likes the water and underwater fights. :)

as an archer I can imagine you like it, especially for escaping easy.

I love it when casters go up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down. Its lovely that you cant kill em then....

Cooldown on 30s on surfacing/diving imo, would fix it.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
just insert "event" in the northsea that managed to freeze all the waters into ice without changing the climate on land :)

Ow yea! and make it harder standing/stopping on the ice :D could be Teh funny >_<

/Dracus

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Voted not listed here.

Lots of things need changing in RvR. Need to make realm war worth at least as many RPs as 8v8, and the land isn't nearly as nice to look at as OF, it's too flat.

Looks like they've elected to tinker, rather than do anything meaningful.

Darzil

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Just remove the bloddy delay on going up and down in water. such a pisstake. Make it wow style with perma up/down. So you can chase casters abusing easy.

DaoC is the worlds best bug abuse mmo

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
They could make it so surface doesnt have los, and that everyone have 100% speed in water. Then you could have just as good fights as on land except that you can be above or below target also.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Dracus said:
Ow yea! and make it harder standing/stopping on the ice :D could be Teh funny >_<

/Dracus

would take strafeing to a whole new level so might not be good idea ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom