A Hib An Alb And a Mid ......

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupiter said:
It really is quite sad tbh, apart from PE who successfully run a good RvR fg (damn that was hard to say), the alb response is pathetic. They base their salvation in RvR on NF, which is even sadder because its easymode for larger numbers realm. So they gonna sit back and w8 till NF and then what ya gonna do?

stop whining mate.. doesnt suit you.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
VidX said:
Yes, we were going to break Excal and Myrddin doors last night due to lack of Alb response, but we had Scathaig to take back so thought that more important.
wow very noble of you :cheers: :m00:

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
VidX said:
Well, actually, I think I've seen a TLW group in open (non-keep) RvR a grand total of twice, and those were adding on a PE fight.

Yeah, was quite sad last night that only 22 Albs bothered to defend their keeps, saying that there is no point due to having no relics is a very bad excuse. Cause if you keep thinking like that, you will have no relics and will constantly be needing to repair your relic keep doors.

Yes, we were going to break Excal and Myrddin doors last night due to lack of Alb response, but we had Scathaig to take back so thought that more important.

There was a total of 38 Hibs taking your keeps, mostly in unbalanced groups, so a decent Alb force could have stopped us yesterday, and the fact that gtaoe and volley is a sure way to defeat a Hib defence is something that only the Mids seem to realise. Mordur is right in saying that you just need to get some organisation, get the damn /asshole... sorry, /assist scouts off the amgE and get them into keeptaking, there's more than enough wizzies in Alb, and if you can't find any, there is the possibility of using a treb (or 10) and that really messes up any lord room defence.

Yes, it's a hell of alot harder to attack a defended Alb lord room than it is a Hib one, but only if you don't use some planning.

It's been explained countless times on these forums how bad animists are against a decent enemy. Sure, say there's 2 animists defending a lord room (was only 1 animist on the raids last night, Awarkle btw) that means 30 shrooms, which lock onto the first target in range and cast on it only. meaning that if you send in a tank first instead of the usual wave of casters that Alb tends to do, you will find that spread heal will be enough to keep him/her alive while the rest of the force moves in.

Jeez, so much apathy ffs, poor albs, such pity for you.

Get your asses in gear and start getting organised. Mid and Hib seem able to do it. PE/FL/old Outcast seem able to do it. AoD seem to be organised, TLW seem to be getting there. That, what, 60 people, tops? wtf are the other 300+ doing? Oh yeah, half of them are stealthers.... /yawn

Seriously guys, get back into rvr, it's been 6 months since TOA was released, most people have 2-3 ML10s in that time, and at least 1 fully TOA kitted character.

Nope. impossible to get the artifacts needed as most 1337 guilds and players think its oh so cool to farm wanted artifacts and sell them for 20p+

Someone givf cloudsong, snatchers bracer, atlantis tablet and ill come kick ass!

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
I hope you didnt try to be funny. This cant be your best shot.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
besides bowie being a complete retarded rr4boi'd ranger throwing out shit, theres good discussions in here.

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
Kahland said:
besides bowie being a complete retarded rr4boi'd ranger throwing out shit, theres good discussions in here.

Could it be i just wantet this good discussion ??

I have played this game for 3 years and use to like it a lot, but for long time everything in rvr has been all about emain, witch is such a little part of the game, and tbh quite borring to that everyday only.

For me ( and i know for many others ) this game is great when all parts: Mids, albs and Hibs, takes part and have great fights for a the keeps, the relicks, or like when we 1 fg hib ( on our way to Beno ) ran into 1 fg albs just to see 1 fg Mids add and hell broke lose :) that fight lastet forever and many was rezzed 2-3 times in that fight with all having used all skils and all power, and 2 mids standing left on very low hp. sthis is long time ago now but i bet all in that fight was having a blast...

I think the albs have been way to passive for a long time now, so ofc when i see hibs just walk in and take all keeps very easy, i use that to provoke a little :)

For the retarded part: well think what u like about me, couldent care less tbh.
But mabye PE who have the power to do it, could show an exsample on the keep taking part, insted of -the building up ego thingy - on the millions of rps thy cash in running emain. We have all seen how GREAT AWESOME POWERFULL YBER ect,ect,ect u are in building emain rps. Now start to play the game ??

So i wrote this: not to be Rude as someone said, not to play smart, but as a little friendly W A K E U P C A L L.....

leviathane

Part of the furniture
incase you aint realised they are playing the game. People can play how the fck they like to, if ppl wanna pve then be so, if ppl wanna rvr the be so, don't tell ppl to play the game just cos they dont defend a keep.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bowie said:
For the retarded part: well think what u like about me, couldent care less tbh.
But mabye PE who have the power to do it, could show an exsample on the keep taking part, insted of -the building up ego thingy - on the millions of rps thy cash in running emain. We have all seen how GREAT AWESOME POWERFULL YBER ect,ect,ect u are in building emain rps. Now start to play the game ??

Why should PE have to play differently to suit you? Have you ever thought that PE maybe earn lots of rps because they enjoy doing it? Yes there's many aspects of the game that don't involve earning lots of rps in emain.. that doesn't mean you have to do them.. e.g. everyone can be a crafter, doesn't mean you're required to be an LGM on every char you have..

Also it's not like hibs ever rushed to defend keeps and such when they had no relics :p

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone has the right to play the game as they wish and if you pay your subs like anyone else by all means play however you feel. I think that people will always have a certain playstyle and seemingly for Albs this is currently PvE, get Arti's, get MLs, raise cash (for SC sets, Artis, Scrolls etc) and then, and only then, can you hope to compete in RvR.

Either there's an essential truth in this strategy and that come NF Albs will simply rule by numbers and MLs and develop RRs as a direct consequence of this strategy OR they'll simply carry on bitching that "we got no PBAE, high opted groups to join, no utilty in our classes *insert other excuse for not competing*" and either make more 50s they see as winning classes, farm more artis etc. or simply quit.

I wonder how many Albs are hoping that the experience from NFon US servers provide a get-out they need to balance an issue that, by example of PE and some other good Alb guilds, simply doesn't need balancing just needs a little co-operation, leadership and goodwill. I do wish you all well on - Alb the game is better when the odds are fairer - I just hope you understand that mucking about in ToA isn't perhaps always the solution to every problem you perceive you have...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Am I the only one who found the original post funny? o_o

Jarl

Fledgling Freddie
well albs took back Renaris when no hibs where there. Altho quite embarasing the 16 or so albs camping renaris lost it to 8fg + me hibs shortly after .....

Jarl

Fledgling Freddie
8fg should ofc be eighter 1fg or 8hibs plus me :) such typo :(

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Jarl said:
8fg should ofc be eighter 1fg or 8hibs plus me :) such typo :(

Was gonna say 2 fgs loosing to 8fgs, its not that against the odds ;)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm this threads quite amusing :drink:

As I recall last time TLW (to my knowledge) took a hib keep noone came to defend it or reclaim it cos they said we were only there to farm them. The same can be said about anyone taking alb keeps atm.

Unlike mids that come out organised, or hibs that have the higher rr's stopping by the *help* briefly on the way past alb defence/attack of their own keeps is not well structured and all together quite random.

No offence but if I have the option of a) go to a keep thats just been taken with 2fg then get farmed my insta stun + pbae, or pbae + shit loads of mushrooms, or b) go take it back a few hours later when I'm not just gonna die instantly and repeatedly I know which I'd take.

Currently due to alb have 0 relics theres no real reason to take an alb keep other than the hope that you can farm a retake force. Blackbyrd Family have done it many times in the past and most albs just can't be bothered with it anymore. Especially when you having our keeps really does mean squat. Not like we ever have DF anyway.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone thought perhaps that the problem may lie with BBs and that those that don't have one are too bored of being clobbered? At least in PvE people feel that they are still capable of accomplishing things, coz in RvR if you run around solo unbuffed, you're pretty much dead as a doornail. :twak:

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Tristessa said:
Anyone thought perhaps that the problem may lie with BBs and that those that don't have one are too bored of being clobbered? At least in PvE people feel that they are still capable of accomplishing things, coz in RvR if you run around solo unbuffed, you're pretty much dead as a doornail. :twak:
Why would you want to run around solo in a MMORPG?

Install Morrowind or something if you don't wanna group :)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Why would you want to run around solo in a MMORPG?

Install Morrowind or something if you don't wanna group :)

why not?

some ppl actually like playing solo

just coz its a MMORPG...doesnt mean u have to group, just means u have that option

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
Do please take a look at the weeks numbers for animists...

http://daoc-stats.com/top50chars.ph...ace=all&sort=LRP&realm=Hibernia&realmrank=all

Jabberwocky's retired.
Aroac has been busy with non rvr
Awarkles just gotten back online
I rarely run rvr on the animist, preferring to be an annoying druid type.
Peat causes mayhem and disaster whenever he pops his head up
Gatt retired a few months back.
Furbina hasnt been around much that Ive seen...
Kinny's been working nights
zhamans been playing his bard and been on holiday
Abaleaf, usually ends up on his druid

Seriously guys, where the hell are all the animist youre complaining about? Of the 50 or so listed... 20 dont have any lrp, and several others simply arent active in rvr.

Now capped down to 15 shrooms, 15 shrooms that take 2+ power bars to set up, can be cc'd, dotted, nuked and aoe'd from outside their 1000 range. They get even further gutted in the upcoming NF (with no recompense), theyre designed for keep warfare (animists die in a heartbeat open rvr), and well, put it this way, if you've not figured out how to defeat an animist you need to learn more than f8/stick or /assist /stick

Come NF, youll see the same animist faces as you do now, the dedicated ones, the ones who understand the class and will play it regardless. The fotm idiots who rolled it up to "farm artifacts" will bugger off, and thanks to all the whining and complaints, animists are basically removed from any real contribution to rvr (150range up and down on casting, turrets dropped in hp by 60%, 1 dot can drop them, no pet ras, all the pet penalties, cant cast into keeps you dont own, bombers dont path very well, sub 50 lifetap, there isnt anything else FOR animists).

Anyhow, someone, please, DO point out where all these uber animists are coming from that single handedly defeat the might of Midgard and the... uhm... asinine Albion (ignore Peat and Awarkle tho, they're uber, whereas Im just deadmeat)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Deepfat said:
...by example of PE and some other good Alb guilds, simply doesn't need balancing just needs a little co-operation, leadership and goodwill. I do wish you all well on - Alb the game is better when the odds are fairer - I just hope you understand that mucking about in ToA isn't perhaps always the solution to every problem you perceive you have...

i see lotsa leadership, cooperation etc from albs... at amgE every time I RVR :) But I guess amgE is the only place majority of albs actually can find so thats always an explanation.

Countless times I have seen albs zerg amgE, only to stand there for 20mins like idiots, tis like :

alb1:"-Woheeee, 788 arppeeesss from zerging, dis is fun"
alb2:"-Yah, dat that was funny as hell tbh, we shud do dis more often"
alb3:"-Did you see that kill I got on that thunderer, man he went down like a sack!!!, even got me 102 RPs from kill!"
alb4:"-stfu ffs, follow me, for Arthur!!!, lets show em bastids how to do it!"
alb5:"-can I come along?"
alb6:"-no, you have funny colours"
alb5:"-No I dont"
alb6:"-Yes mister, you do have funny colours"
alb2:"-woa cool, i can get MoC now, gonna suicide on mmg"
alb4:"-Follow me then! For arthur!!!"
alb6:"-you have funny colours too, aint gona follow you"
alb3:"-nobody ever notices me :<"
alb16:"-shouldnt we group btw guys?"
alb1:"-no, gives me less arrppeees"
alb16:"....."
alb4:"-yes! lets group, for arthur!!!"
alb2:"<wanders off to mmg to die now>
alb4:"-hey! hold on, gonna come die with u! for arthur!!"
alb1-36 except alb4 and alb2:"-guys can we come along to see mmg?"
alb4:"-yes! for arthur!!!"

<everyone goes silent for a second as they see the mighty warriors of the infamous midgardguild Bad Omen comes running in mach6 with another group of Mids behind with 10seconds delay>

alb4:"-FOR ARTHUR!! FOLLOW MEEEE!!!!!"
<alb4 charges the mids>
<6 albs run to apk>
<random scout #17 draws his bow and fires from the battlements>
<the rest of the 17 scouts does the exact same thing>
<the mighty warriors of Midgard starts slaughtering many many albs>

then suddenly, after about 45 seconds, the sky lights up, birds starts singing and a humming chant from gregorian monks appear from nowhere.

<PE arrives to amg, timing is excellent as always when it comes to adding on amgE, nevermind that it aint really far from Grogans uphill after APK but, timing is crucial, we all know that>

<all albs that still are alive are stunning in AWE from the fight that follows, in some mysterios way, PE and the 17scouts and the remains of the 3fg+ albs manages to kill the 2fg's of mids>

alb4:"-maan that was awesome, you guys truly are warriors of Arthurs liking"
pe#1:"-ye, we are, go take a keep now tbh keke XDDD"
alb2:"-guys, Im gona go suicide on mmg now ok, anyone wanna come?"
alb4:"-well of course I am gonna follow you friend, for Arthur!!!"
pe#3"-...."
pe#8"-comon guys, stick ffs, need to rebuff"

<PE so leaves amgE and head APK to rebuff one guy that accidently got deaded by Thina in some way, luckily Thina got killed by 5 mighty scouts>

alb2:"-guys.. errm, whats that?"
<alb2 points at a bunch of hibbis that come running>

<one instamez later and after 2 pbaers are breaking loose with capped castspeed and powerrelics all albs are deaded, except the scouts that didnt dare to add since the hibbis looked scary>

<later, on the pad>

alb2:"-yay, got moc now!"
alb4:"-oh my lord, hibbis need nurf!! for Arthur!!"
alb1:"-wopeee!! killed one, got 19 RPs!!"
alb6:"-wth, I soloed Evex, got 1RP ffs"
alb5:"-well, I got 972 so I think I did most damage tbh, moron"
alb6:"-noway lol, I got 1RP FFS, must be cheating.."
alb4:"-..... cheater? gonna kill him, for Arthur!!!"
alb5:"-zzz he's already dead idiot"
alb4:"-dem PE really good tbh, RVRgods, like Arthur!"
alb6:"-ye, RVRgods, BO rly good tho, good PE came pwned them"
alb5:"-ye, and lucky 17scouts added too, moron"
alb4:"-why you mad alb5? you no like Albion? you sounds so negative, even though we have the spirit of Arthur among us!"
alb5:"-nevermind dude, nevermind.. gonna go roll hib now, cya"
alb4:"-my heart is broken"
alb6:"-lgo amg guys"
alb3:"-ye! lets show em all we can RVR, can camp amg all night with the scouts and pwn and make arrpeess"
albs:"-ye, lets do that"

and so, the story goes on, every day, every night.

Disclaimer: this story is fictional, infact, this is all made up for pure amusement and nothing else. If I have offended anyone, I am truly sorry but I beg of you to take note of that this is a joke, nothing more, nothing less.

/salute

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Nice story Shike. Some parts are true. Some parts are not. Or make it most parts are not.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Fadeh said:
Nice story Shike. Some parts are true. Some parts are not. Or make it most parts are not.

tis written with the glimpse in the eye mate, dont take it serious in any way. :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom