A Hib An Alb And a Mid ......

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Well, to chip in the opinion of a low-rr, zerging, very few skills Hib - if I am running the BG for a bit of keep taking fun, I almost always go to Mid. We've had some cracking battles with the Mids who come to defend (Belorfyn and his naughty crew a lot of the time).

I've also been farmed in the Lord's room a fair amount. The way I see it I got the choice of being motivated either by

(a) Pettiness, holding onto my oh-so-precious RPs like an old miser who stays at home counting the cash he never spends

(b) Bad sportsmanship, staying away from fights where I don't have the upper hand going into it

or (c) A desire to fight, to hit the enemy whether I think I can win or not, to defend our keeps and have some fun in battle while doing so.

All realms have the defensive advantage in the Lord's room of a keep they own, and yes, there's a good chance you may lose trying to dislodge them, but if you never attack a keep with defenders you're missing out on a LOT of fun.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Boggy said:
All realms have the defensive advantage in the Lord's room of a keep they own, and yes, there's a good chance you may lose trying to dislodge them, but if you never attack a keep with defenders you're missing out on a LOT of fun.

I believe you are very wrong here tbh. You cannot take down a FG higher RR hibs with high MLs with anything less than a huge zerg. Nomatter what you do you will most likely just die in stairs or maybe at lord. If you make it 2FGs, good luck and have fun, you wont kill them unless you use massive volley and add in massive GTAE. Powertraps, DDtraps, swarps, titans, etc.... its too much utility for keepdefense really. Mids can do same thing and so can albs and its equally small chanse to win vs a proper setup defense.

That is not fun except for anyone but the defenders that can rake in the RPs.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
That assumes that you are going to meet a FG of high RRs when you try to retake a keep. Most times, you won't. Even when a guild well known for such farming has claimed, you will find that half the time they've buggered off to Emain quite quickly after taking.

As I said, I have been having quite a lot of fun on keep attacks and keep defenses the past few months. Yes, we've met a few high RR defense forces who we could not make a dent in, but we've had more times where we've had a right good battle (we're certainly not such a force ourselves so the people retaking from us have not met one either). Some we've won, some we've lost - as it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom