A Disease prevails in Hibernia

W

wisewords

The Celt stands upon a hill in his epic armour, looking into the distance at the gate of Albion. It begans to rain and then out of the shadow comes a shiny light that strikes down upon him faster than his eyes could react. He feels the pain the disease running through his blood and before he realises he is lying face down on the ground.
Maybe i will get rezzed he thinks, and while he waits he recollects his past life. Hibernia he remembers was built upon a community spirit where everybody irrespective of guild, race or class helped each other as they tookarms to the monsters of the realm. Theses same realmers gathered on long summer nights from level 10 to level 50's to fend off the onsluaght of the other realms as they approached in numbers never seen in Hibernia.
Reality hit back home as the Celt lay there awaiting a kind soul to ressurect him. He see's something in the distance a band of brothers clad in guild colours. But they pass by they have no time to bring this Celt back to fight another day. He then brings to feel the sour taste in his mouth. He remembers he wore those same colours, but felt the stares and hatred from the rest of the realm as he stood at Drum Ligen with his friends readying themselves for yet another battle at Emain Macha. He tried to think hard when those stares were first cast and realised in a moment of clarity that it was the first time the legion appeared. The beast of Darkness Falls, which required an army to defeat it, where they loot was spread amongst the community by lotto. Then a darkness fell over the realm as the guild and a few others heard the call of the legion more strongly than other guilds. They sneaked off under the shadow to answer the legions call, stealing its loot and greedily sharing it amognst themselves. He then remembered the stares had always been there every since he left his guild to join a band of brothers who had the same ideals as himself, to seek the glorification of the Emerald Rider. He called it fun, he gained many points fast as everyone in the group was set on one goal the Holy Grail of his realm.

This cannot be right he thought, how could I be so selfish, so greedy what have I gained? What have i lost?

The Celt on returning back to the realm of the living sought out The Astrologer who stood talking to Fagan in Mag Mell. He talked to the astrologer for many a hour who adviced that he needed to look into futurestone. He was scared to do this at first, why would a simple hero wish for magic to show him his future, but rotting he felt deep in his skin, he had to look. His heart steadied for a moment as he saw familiar things, things that felt real, the looting and secrecy of the legion raids. The banding together of guilds clad in the same colours running around the frontier bringing speedily deaths on anything that ressembled a threat to the realm. It all felt so real, so much fun. Then his face went pale as if the shiny blade had once again struck from the shadow. He felt a great loss the relics had gone, stolen from a once strong realm. He looked around for those armies that once defended Dun Dagda but they were not there. Had they gone on a legion raid, and left their realm undefended surely not? He tried to bend his mind, his thoughts into finding those mass zergs of Emain Macha where once mixed groups of guilds stood and defended the community spirit that was once Hibernia. But his mind could not bend in that way, he hoped he would find the spirit that once was but the realm felt so cold,heartless and empty. He slumped back from the pain of the future he had seen enough, he could not look no more.
The astrologer spoke "Fear not my young Celt all is not lost. Yes the mass zergs that once were are no more. Many of your friends have left to seek other communities as they also died upon the hill, without friends to fight alongside, just as you did yourself before you sought my counsel. But after the relics were lost and the numbers dwingled a new spirit will be born out of the ashes of the old regime. Where new realmers of the land fight side be side with other realmers of the land, a second generation will be born from the evils and wrong doings of the first. They realised that the only way to get the relics back was to unify themselves. Not to lay claim to legion loot or send teams to seek the Emerald Rider. It took many months for them to realise this mistake but in the end they did.

Or will they??????????

E

Erekrose

cool an amusing version of the same old whine. Nice effort & variation but do we need yet another thread?

O

old.Tzeentch

The young celt then went outside and got himself hammered, and came back to realise there is two sides to every story.

Stay tuned for the next episode!

T

Tyka

Originally posted by Jace
Anyone care to summarise, cba to read it :p

same, just read something about legion, loot, then i got bored.

O

old.Tzeentch

summary:

once upon a time, everyone was nice and friendly in hibernia, regardless of race, creed, religion, guild blah blah

at one time mighty hibernia gathered its forces to defeat the evil of the mighty legion, and succeeded, hibernia was strong and unified!

and then some people saw the treasures of legion, and decided it was better to sneak into legions lair as small bands of theives for the dark treasure!

and blah blah people joined a guild and had fun, but didnt realise the hurt they were causing the realm (and apparently the writer is in one of these guilds) and this guy didnt get a rez cus he was in such a guild or something.. but! if we are so mighty, where are our relics?

kinda mixed and messy story, but can get what he's saying, even tho it's kinda bs :)

O

old.Gillaien

Don't you guys think that there must be truth in the whining as nearly everyone does it?

This realm had its strong days, they are gone, everyone knows it. Just some take it as it is, others ignore it, and some still look back at it with sadness and try to remind everyone that there is another way of doing all this. Just nobody is listening.

It's not the easiest way that is the best, but its that best way that makes the most fun

O

old.Tzeentch

This realm has had a large influx of 'new' folks the past few months.. blame the immigrants!

W

Wuren

Originally posted by old.Gillaien
This realm had its strong days, they are gone, everyone knows it.

Exactly what where the 'strong' days?

R

raggy4ever

This realm had its strong days, they are gone, everyone knows it.

Wut ?? U sure u are in the same realm as me ?? we have 1 Relic missing, and now we are weak ?!?

Remember for how long we had the "upper" hand.. I dont remember Mids/ALbs being weak at that time.. what would be the fun in us pwing all, in every way ?!?

Being the "underdog" suits me fine ;) Just another reason to find an Alb and gut him.... or a Mid for that sake, no racism here...

So the Mids did a "sneak" attack and claimed 2 relics so early in the morning that not even the devil was outta bed yet.. so what ?

//////////////// .!. O.O .!. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Raggy Pooh : Plant healer galore
Ragged Doll : Stick launcher supreme

...sort of proud to be a CF member...

O

old.Laryssa

It was the time when we had 10 lvl50 in total in Hibernia and everyone stuck together.

Happy Hibernia ... but Flower Power is over (atm).

:rolleyes:

T

thebinarysurfer

It was reasnobly well wrote even if it is on a theme that we've all at least heard....If not paid attention to judging by some of the replies.

I

inuyasha

and..

Originally posted by old.Gillaien
Don't you guys think that there must be truth in the whining as nearly everyone does it?

This realm had its strong days, they are gone, everyone knows it. Just some take it as it is, others ignore it, and some still look back at it with sadness and try to remind everyone that there is another way of doing all this. Just nobody is listening.

that makes the most fun

Bah.

Since when did we need legion loot to have glory? No matter if some guilds band together to get phat lewt or some gangs take all the realm points, the rest of hibernia is as it was. "and some still look back at it with sadness..." i doubt they do it by flaming a BW board, either that is with a touching story or a pure flame :D

The way people remember those glorious days is by keeping them alive. There is still no major problem for newbies to get cash or powerleveling at ardee waterbeetles of nice higher levels. People still rarely demand much or any cash for items unless you have a larger moneybag then they do, and there is indeed still groups for fun and joy both in rvr, pve, farming and drop gathering. I have never been to any legion raids, nor have i ever tried to kill the dragon, but if i did, i would not do it for the drops, but to get them as a bonus.

Hibernia still rocks people, the glorious days dont end case of more people flaming this boards, the game is inside the game, not here. This is like the newspapers, and like you see its the bad news that sells the best also here. Also in real life the world would be a pure hell to live in if you commented it from the focus of the newspapers, but also real life you have more things that is worth blessing then worth cursing for :D

Sooooo, cheer up and play the game. Help a newb and /advisor, ress dead people and clean up vaults for free. This is what make hibernia THE realm, not the +20% damage from the relics or the loss of a drop none of us really needs =) Heck, take the last 10% bonus and i can still drop ANY non-alpha player within the stun range, so its not more then a worthy nerf to all us enchanters around :D

O

old.Tzeentch

oh, i understood it alright, i just dont fall for the fancy schamncy stuff :)

it's the same old thing, in a different suit, and nothing has changed..

if you want to know am i a bit sad at what hibernia is like now, as compared to before?

well, yes, but there is nothing that can be done but to wait :)

this is not like, overnight, hibernia will all become nice and easy again.. so i dont see the point in the thing.

C

censi

The irony of it all is, Hibernia is really the only realm that has ever done consistent free for all raids on legion and we have done more of these raids then both the other 2 realms put togther.... We now even have Stormriderx who is organising these free for all raids whenever he can, and ill try and do some every now and then too...

With regards to ressing in RVR, I have always found guild rvr grps res me without ever having to ask... you got to remeber that some times you may not be ressed imedietly while they are securing the area....

But it was a nice way to voice your concerns but tbh theres nothing to whine about here.....

O

old.Laryssa

/salute Censi

not rezzing in emain if there is time&mana is not very noble :p

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by wisewords
The Celt stands upon a hill in his epic armour, looking into the distance at the gate of Albion.

If, gate of albion = albion pk then he shouldn't expect a rez anyway and wtf was he doin there by himself? :p

E

eneq

baah

the biggest fecking whiners atm is that "whiner" whiners.
WTF dont you have anything better to do then whine in every whine thread there is ?

This bloke made a rather good story, And all you do is "whine whine whine"

And strangely enough the ones "whining about whines" is the ones in the guild thats "snatch" people from other guilds.

Or will you deny that both Vengeance and LA have "snatched" people ?
I even know that Tyka asked 1 player 4-6 times....
Guess what char he played ? It was not a Mana Eld that for sure.

All i want is that the "whiner Whiners" stop Whining in every single posts !!!!

E

eneq

Originally posted by Wuren

Exactly what where the 'strong' days?

Dont know about your memory but we had all 3 power relics For a rather long time. If they was taken we stole them back pretty easy.

Now we have 1 and after rather many attempts still only have 1.

This game maybe isnt about individual RP for the poster but about having a strong Realm in relics.

Maybe the RRX isnt important but having the relics is to this poster.

And maybe he was disgusted that the one so nice realm of hib that let EVERYBODY b in on raids started to not invite all.

E

eneq

Originally posted by censi
The irony of it all is, Hibernia is really the only realm that has ever done consistent free for all raids on legion and we have done more of these raids then both the other 2 realms put togther.... We now even have Stormriderx who is organising these free for all raids whenever he can, and ill try and do some every now and then too...

With regards to ressing in RVR, I have always found guild rvr grps res me without ever having to ask... you got to remeber that some times you may not be ressed imedietly while they are securing the area....

But it was a nice way to voice your concerns but tbh theres nothing to whine about here.....

TBH when i read this i saw a picture in my mind.
Maybe strange picture but ill let you know what i saw :p

5 cops beating up Rodney King in a alley while one cop standing in the street yelling
"Nothing to see here. Just Move Along. Only police work in progress. Nothing to See."

W

Wuren

Originally posted by eneq
Dont know about your memory but we had all 3 power relics For a rather long time. If they was taken we stole them back pretty easy.

Now we have 1 and after rather many attempts still only have 1.

This game maybe isnt about individual RP for the poster but about having a strong Realm in relics.

Maybe the RRX isnt important but having the relics is to this poster.

And maybe he was disgusted that the one so nice realm of hib that let EVERYBODY b in on raids started to not invite all.

lol knew the day would come when we would be blamed for relics :lol:

you dont seem to have a fucking clue at all

We snatched all the power relics before the insta-pop-relic-guards-upgrade which was simply a walk in the park compared to how it is now, only thing you had to worry about was not to be spotted then you could go with a decent number just kill guards, bash down doors, take the relic and go home.

Does that work today in primetime? No.
After the upgrade we cannot simply put up a fight vs the guards without poping the keeps first and by the time you have done that you have 1xx mids/albs defending and you get ganked by GTAOE.

Ive been to relic raids far more organised then we ever done before, yet we havent succeded due to everything has to go perfect without any fuckup at all.

Let me remind you how the mids got them back, 05:00 am raid when everyone else was asleep. If relics means so much to you I suggest you put your alarm clock and lower yourself to the middie scum and snatch them in the morning.

LA has been to every serious relic raid since we formed, bringing rams and (often) helpt to organise and we will continue to do so. So even to insinuate that hib have failed so far has to do anything with the recent guild changes in hib is utterly bullshit.

E

eneq

hmm

soz if my post did make you think ill blame YOU in any way.
You asked a question..right ?
And i just answered to it. Many peeps refering to the 3 power relic days as the height of hibernia Power.

I have never ever said anything that LA isnt helping hibernia in Relic raids or anything. I think you doing great work there and at event last nite.

the strange reaction is that i accused you for "snatching" players and you dont even deny (sp) it........

EDIT * reply to Wuren post *

W

Wuren

:doh:

I have never/cant/wont ever force anyone to leave their guilds, I deal with at least 5 lvl 50's each day from different guilds arguing with me why they cant join.

I have never denied that I have asked some ppl and told them we have a place in the guild for them. These are all members now and I have never tried to convince anyone to leave their guild if they say they are happy where they are. Call me a elitist or whatever I dont care, its not like we offer them 10 plat if they join up. To me it looks like you thinking of someone in particular that have left you/your guild since I do not know your ingame nick. But my advice would be that you take it up with the person and not drag it to barryswhine.

P

Pempulla

As this whinish thread seems to be bumped up on top anyway, my opinion (whine ;)) on one matter:

The biggest reason why we, Hibernians, don't have 'our relics' back where they belong is the sucky game engine, that can hardly handle number of people required for a relic raid at this time. 1-3 secs per frame is hardly playable at all and it is virtually impossible to do anything 'planned' during having such awesome frame rates. Same reason has probably limited the number of relic raids by all realms, in general. Just takes the fun out of it.
Of course, entire zones crashing only add to the fun.

Hopefully the gfx engine patch (1.57?) will bring some improvement, although, no doubt, new bugs and problems will arise with the new engine (games having real dx8 gfx haven't really been trouble free and although dx9 is already there, some gfx card drivers still have problems with 'older' dx8 games, just check the release notes on any recent gfx driver version of any card).

L

lofff

Re: baah

WTF dont you have anything better to do then whine in every whine thread there is ?

And strangely enough the ones "whining about whines" is the ones in the guild thats "snatch" people from other guilds.

But, u are whining at the whiners who whine at the whiner who started such a whine-history-thread. So u are the worst?

O

old.Tzeentch

Re: baah

The original poster was whining, albeit in a disguised and somewhat more clever fashion than usual, but it was still the old points that have been said, over and over again.

You would have the guilds accused of doing everything that is criminal seemingly, not stand up to defend themselves?

E

eneq

Originally posted by Wuren
:doh:

I have never denied that I have asked some ppl and told them we have a place in the guild for them. These are all members now and I have never tried to convince anyone to leave their guild if they say they are happy where they are. Call me a elitist or whatever I dont care, its not like we offer them 10 plat if they join up. To me it looks like you thinking of someone in particular that have left you/your guild since I do not know your ingame nick. But my advice would be that you take it up with the person and not drag it to barryswhine.

Why do u assume i have someone in my guild that joined LA and im angry about it ?

Im reflecting over the many Whine posts made on forum. I actually read them and i see both sides of the argument.

I have teamed with alot of LA groups etc and i have seen good things and bad things. WE have had many LA members in our groups and they been nice almost the whole time. There are good apples and bad apples same as in every guild.

Yes i think you are an elitist just becasue you act like 1.
If just invite lvl 50. And just they chars you need. Then i think i can call you an elitist becasue that what elitist stands for in my mind.

Are you really trying to understand all the "whine posts" or you just browsing them aside ?
Do you understand what they are saying ?

Just reflect over it and IF you come to conclusion they are wrong then ok be me. AND if you come to the conclusion that you are an elitist then its ok be me also. You can b as much as Elitist as you want. Its your life. Just dont get upset if peeps call you that then.

E

eneq

Re: Re: baah

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch

The original poster was whining, albeit in a disguised and somewhat more clever fashion than usual, but it was still the old points that have been said, over and over again.

You would have the guilds accused of doing everything that is criminal seemingly, not stand up to defend themselves?

Yes i totaly agree with you.
It was "whining"
And would b soon forgotten b peeps if not for the "whiner Whiners".

CAn you understand that the poster needed to say this things ?
Sometimes you must act out the frustration and anger inside to get passed it. IF you read it clearly you will c he have lost many friends that quit DAOC becasue of it.

Maybe they where GM of an guild that lost several members to "poaching" guilds. Maybe helped PL a kid that as soon as hit 50 ran off to a RvR guild.
Can you understand that frustration ?? OR do you just brows it aside as a mere fly in the way ?

WE dont know the whole background. We can only read his posts and try to understand why he felt he needed to post this.

I get angry when he posts a clearly worked on story and the peeps responding is whining over whines.

"You would have the guilds accused of doing everything that is criminal seemingly, not stand up to defend themselves? "

You feel targeted ? In what way ?
What are he accusing you of ?

Users who are viewing this thread