9:40ish Emain By bridge 16/5

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
any explaination to why there was alb guards there? with no keeps in zone? :O almost killed my mauler :(

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
A post mentioning a GM and not sucking up to his ass is a sure fire way of getting a locked thread, now get ass licking!!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
A post mentioning a GM and not sucking up to his ass is a sure fire way of getting a locked thread, now get ass licking!!

That's pure bullshit. I'm not defending Requiel cause he was wrong in my opinion, but your statement is pretty useless.

From what I read in the thread, Requiel totally overreacted, as it's a common thing to watch other people fight. It was never a problem to do so and I think it's a bad thing that GOA is inconsistent if you look at the different servers. On other server boards the local GM stated that a pre-arranged duel is ok, if it happens once or twice only and if the outcome isn't clear in the forehand (i.e. RP farming). Now on Dyvet it seems that it's forbidden alltogether and it gets treated like this.
On the other Hand, it was ok to have a solo zone here, but on other servers the solo zone got invaded by guards. Now I think that instead of unclear statements, there should be clear rules about what is ok and what not.
There should also be made a difference between some players and the playerbase as whole. Just because some people can't cope with getting added on and start yelling around, it doesn't mean that the whole 1v1 or 8v8 community is full of those people. So instead of punishing a whole community, why not just punish the individuals who are commiting such things. Yes it sux if you have a real nice 1v1 and someone adds, but loosing your mind over it will not make the situation better, in fact it will just make the situation worse. If I get people watching a 1v1 I say thanks for not adding, but if they do, tough luck. I try to disengage if it works, but I'm not gonna yell at people for playing the game their way. This is a thing that some have to get into their minds before starting to play.

Now once there is some thread going on about it, people suddenly start to wonder why it gets shut and blame GOA, a GM, the mods or whoever for it, instead of looking at their own style. Yes I know, it's the same here again, whole threads get locked because certain individuals didn't learn to behave and have a normal discussion. Nobody forces you to agree, but at least give your opinion and not something like "olol you can all f*** off". That's not an opinion, that's flamebaiting.

Personally I don't agree with everyting aswell. Think it was Sharma who said that people should use the feedback form to tell GOA their opinion, but tbh, I think a good forum discussion is a nice thing to have aswell, so that people all get the opportunity to see what the others think about the situation. We can see from Requiels answer that he reads the forums, so it's gonna get to his attention (and well, you can send a feedback on top of posting on forums).

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Lock this... Requiel is an ignorant egotistical dickhead with about as much comminty spirit comprehension of what community spirit is as a dell call centre operative who has never even seen a dell Computer..

Requiel... Wake the fuck up you moron.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Lock this... Requiel is an ignorant egotistical dickhead with about as much comminty spirit comprehension of what community spirit is as a dell call centre operative who has never even seen a dell Computer..

Requiel... Wake the fuck up you moron.

Oil to the fire *sigh* and please make sentences which people can actually read without having to decipher them first, would be greatly appreciated.
Your inability to discuss without abusive language is pretty close to Sorin if you ask me.....

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hmm, what Requiel has done seems to me like another bit of over the top usage of the COC.

People do NOT always want to roam in a zerg. Likeminded people will go to areas where the zerg is not at, then look for fights.

If there is a few more soloers there and they do not attack each other as they are engaged in other fights etc, they ahev every right to stand there. They pay thier subs. Why should anyone of us force a playstyle on someone else?

Yes, zergers zerg, 8 man do 8man, soloers solo. They never will get along with each other, but they can coexhist. Requiel and GOA are just forcing the zergy playstyle onto people, people thata re already pissed off at the state of the way the game is being run.

Requueil should be encouraging this sort of beahviour, it gets people out having fun in rvr but more improtantly, it keeps the money rolling in with regards to subs. Take away peoples fun, those people might just bugger off to another mmorpg, taking thier custom with them, something GOA cannot afford to do with an aging game like this one.

Me personally, im all for 8-man rvr. I do not begrudge those that want to fight 1 vs 1(hell, even stood around watching a few duels back in the day), the same why I do not bedgrudge those that zerg, However, when the zergers begin to zerg the 8man groups/soloers, it just ruins two of the three playstyles, making people log or just cancel thier subs.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, good work Requiel!
Second, to bad my EU accounts aint open or I brougt my WL or RM plus
a BG tank to kill the duelers. Usally get alot of RPs b4 I get killed. :)

Im not against 1 vs 1. But when there is BBs and more or less organized
its not DAOC anymore.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
First of all, good work Requiel!
Second, to bad my EU accounts aint open or I brougt my WL or RM plus
a BG tank to kill the duelers. Usally get alot of RPs b4 I get killed. :)

Im not against 1 vs 1. But when there is BBs and more or less organized
its not DAOC anymore

But it wasn't -.-

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
But it wasn't -.-
Not according to some of the whiners dude, read back amongst all those whine threads and you will see admissions (someone also mentioned cure res, PR etc) that BBs and played ressers were there, and as most seer classes dont duel, its fair to say they were there for the rps.

This game is about a huge war between the 3 sides, there was no gentlemans agreements about 1v1 back then, and armies did run in zergs, and try to outnumber their opponents so whats the beef about the SOTG, think some people need history lessons...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not according to some of the whiners dude, read back amongst all those whine threads and you will see admissions (someone also mentioned cure res, PR etc) that BBs and played ressers were there, and as most seer classes dont duel, its fair to say they were there for the rps.

This game is about a huge war between the 3 sides, there was no gentlemans agreements about 1v1 back then, and armies did run in zergs, and try to outnumber their opponents so whats the beef about the SOTG, think some people need history lessons...

Well according to peeps who were there when guards were spawned, there were no bb using for rezzing etc.
When i roam that area i never witnessed usage of bbs to pr or rezz or heal for rps or whatever (there's the occasional Nature Druid tho now and then or the Smite cleric).
That said to be completely fair with Requiel and the English Team, back in the Solo Area times, they always told us it was all good and dandy provided there weren't BBs for rezzing and ppl wouldn't stand in a circle doing nothing whilest others fighting. So there are no news for me rules wise here.
I only tend to think that, since there were no rp farming involved for sure, Requiel might have more important things to do then nuke some guards on 8 ppl trying to squeeze out last fun from a dead server.

Isletha

Loyal Freddie
I would just like to point something out as i was there most of that night haveing 1V1 fights :) the only time i saw a druid in the area was when the FG of hibs came along to try and kill 1 alb :twak: and as for when the GM did what he did there was me with my champ, Jamie with his gimp champ and Moon with his bull like tank thing now from the thread yesterday can someone please tell me where the res spell is in my Champs spell list i was looking all night for it and still could not find it :kissit:

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie

I bet either Kagato or Muylaetrix was your history teacher!

You should read into history before you start posting crap cause it will make you look like a complete tool..... tool.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie

And by 'back then' there was clearly a time during which mythical creatures waged war against eachother fighting for the control of relics! (couldnt resist :>)

Anywhos, i stand by my original statement:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/rvr...r-allowed-then-im-out-here-7.html#post3158424

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
I would just like to point something out as i was there most of that night haveing 1V1 fights :) the only time i saw a druid in the area was when the FG of hibs came along to try and kill 1 alb :twak: and as for when the GM did what he did there was me with my champ, Jamie with his gimp champ and Moon with his bull like tank thing now from the thread yesterday can someone please tell me where the res spell is in my Champs spell list i was looking all night for it and still could not find it :kissit:

cynith arrived on his warden after guards were spawned. moomoo is my mauler (bull like tank thing) :)

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie

and these same whiners are also the ones who "hate" all the 1v1 ppl and zerg down everything to get a fair share of the rp's. so what if there is rezzers there? ppl choose to accept that rezz themselves and give rp's to that certain bb/active druid

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Im a big fan of conspiracy theories.

Mythic/Goa are working hand in hand.

They want all active players shall quit playing.

So they can concentrate on the new Project.

Providing a game like Daoc thesedays costs more than they earn from it.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Bah, can a mod please edit my post and pull out the font stuff? I wanted to use another font but it seems like it shows completely different here on my Linux machine.

Else I put my old post in here again, but with a spoiler to save some space =))

That's pure bullshit. I'm not defending Requiel cause he was wrong in my opinion, but your statement is pretty useless.

From what I read in the thread, Requiel totally overreacted, as it's a common thing to watch other people fight. It was never a problem to do so and I think it's a bad thing that GOA is inconsistent if you look at the different servers. On other server boards the local GM stated that a pre-arranged duel is ok, if it happens once or twice only and if the outcome isn't clear in the forehand (i.e. RP farming). Now on Dyvet it seems that it's forbidden alltogether and it gets treated like this.
On the other Hand, it was ok to have a solo zone here, but on other servers the solo zone got invaded by guards. Now I think that instead of unclear statements, there should be clear rules about what is ok and what not.
There should also be made a difference between some players and the playerbase as whole. Just because some people can't cope with getting added on and start yelling around, it doesn't mean that the whole 1v1 or 8v8 community is full of those people. So instead of punishing a whole community, why not just punish the individuals who are commiting such things. Yes it sux if you have a real nice 1v1 and someone adds, but loosing your mind over it will not make the situation better, in fact it will just make the situation worse. If I get people watching a 1v1 I say thanks for not adding, but if they do, tough luck. I try to disengage if it works, but I'm not gonna yell at people for playing the game their way. This is a thing that some have to get into their minds before starting to play.

Now once there is some thread going on about it, people suddenly start to wonder why it gets shut and blame GOA, a GM, the mods or whoever for it, instead of looking at their own style. Yes I know, it's the same here again, whole threads get locked because certain individuals didn't learn to behave and have a normal discussion. Nobody forces you to agree, but at least give your opinion and not something like "olol you can all f*** off". That's not an opinion, that's flamebaiting.

Personally I don't agree with everyting aswell. Think it was Sharma who said that people should use the feedback form to tell GOA their opinion, but tbh, I think a good forum discussion is a nice thing to have aswell, so that people all get the opportunity to see what the others think about the situation. We can see from Requiels answer that he reads the forums, so it's gonna get to his attention (and well, you can send a feedback on top of posting on forums).

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I bet either Kagato or Muylaetrix was your history teacher!

You should read into history before you start posting crap cause it will make you look like a complete tool..... tool.

You should think about the people your talking about before quoting names too. Given that i'm usually the first one to go for a 1 on 1 challenge it's rather ironic.

As for history, in most cases trying to judge how people acted towards one another, even in a war, is mostly all speculation based on very little evidence.
You could just as easily argue that there were noble challengers of might amidst the battles as there wasn't, no one can prove much either way.
Personally, i'd like to think that there was, even if its just a romanticism, and that's how I liked to play it.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Failing to understand the relevancy of this to the incident in question.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Think you need some logic lessons.

DAoC has no real death penatly. It's not worth fighting for resources. There are no resources you need to replace, there is no real market, no real front and back lines and so on.

The huge war as you call it is pointless and unrealistic, it's a never ending conflict. In a proper universe you would see realms rise and fall.

All is left is the fight for fun and for challenge and for RPs.

And then, when people fight at Crauch there are almost never rezzers! But I guess you don't play there so you don't know, you are just up for some dogmantic discussions knowing shit all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom