Bury my heart to Emain Macha

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Ages ago I remember when I picked up a game that I didnt know. It turned out that very soon a level 1 troll viking, soon to be a thane wandered in myrkwood. I didn't quite understand why some monsters killed me, but soon enough I understood that I should only fight with blue and yellow "color ones".When myrkwood started to get somewhat small, the troll traveled to Vale of Mularn where I fought many hard battles against "hill persons" great exp. In those times we fantasised of getting to Nisse's cave. No one could wait for that to happen.

When time passed my levels rose and I managed to reach the dreaded Spindelhalla. I really thought that I had succeeded in something in reaching "the highest level dungeon in the game", after that I realised what a grind I had ahead of me.Nonetheless during the travels I had made countless friends. Shaniah, Tarrasque, Thorarin, Arnor, Grilf, Blazor and many others spring to my mind. Before my 50th season I didnt succeed in much, afterall I was a 2nd wave gamer.

Notheless, at those times actually a thane could get a group in rvr. And group up I did. Running around at mtk yelling "lvl50 thane lfg" was a good plan at those times.I remember being such a rp cow for <Llaw Arian> which I greatly feared. Time after time Wuren, Dorathnae, Domain & co just pbaoed the shit out of me and 30 other noobs. Nonetheless it was great when once me and a guildie managed to kill Wuren during a fight. Sure, we died. Sure, we lost the fight. But we still managed to kill the toughest motherfucker of a hero that was at the time. We cheered in /send's and laughed, "at least we got him".

At this point <Red Guard> was starting to group up, and it was coming more and more evident to me that thanes were actually next to useless in the ever changing rvr scene.My real deal with RvR started when I decided, just for a joke, to roll an alt. The name of the shaman came to be Kalba, which is a name that has stuck with me ever since. Notheless, I leveled up, and soon noticed how much fun i had playing my character. I could actually make a difference in fights, not just go around hoping for someone to heal me.

In these times I met people like Horsma, Raid, Karate and other great players I enjoyed playing with. We didnt really make those immense rp's but we had fun, we laughed and we joked. And eventually met up irl.At those times dark age of camelot wasnt just a game. I was so innocent and I actually believed in people fighting for their realm. I actually thought that there was a war of 3 nations going on, and we would make conquests and fight as a whole.

I was a naive player perhaps, but at those times the whole nihilistic thing about gaming hadnt come to people's minds. Many actually thought that there was something more than your guild, your friends, and your exp and rps. Or maybe not, but I sure did. I lived the game and somewhat forgot to live the real life. I flunked out of school and left a many thing undone I perhas should've done instead of dreaming away in the net.

After Kalba had been lev50 there came many guilds, I think I played in <Jack Herer> until Sushii kicked me when I told him to "drop the fucking wrathofsauron impression, when he was yelling in /gu. After that I joined <Cutting Edge> for awhile, and then went to <Black Company> due to Boogy, who was a uber funny guy. Not forgetting all those runs in Forest Sauvage with Ralgedi and Murphys the skald. And hundreds of other people I fail to mention.

Then I met Karate whom with I played in <Atrocity> I guess that doesnt make any difference to anyone but me, but I think I'm reaching a point soon. Anyway, I have never ever in my online life met such a community where everyone knew everyone. Where people could go around flaming and bosting, but still not being that evil. I also think that there will never be such a game as old daoc was. With it's imbalances and crazy things (1.2min mezz anyone?) it was still a great game. In no other internet game have I ever found such intensity, need for co-operation and the whole feel of actually belonging into a team.

Being able to beat 3 times your number due to superior tactics (and OP savages, yeah yeah, I know) was something that really did make you feel good. I think I miss it all sometimes. Especially in those some evenings, when you cant sleep and for some reason manage to find your old hd of old images.

This became a huge rant with nothing important to say. I just miss daoc. I just really do.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Awww.

*sniff*

Well said, moments like those - we're never getting back.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
good thing you mentioned me or I would have cried inside.

Horsma

Fledgling Freddie
You aren't only who miss green grass of Emain Macha old mate, those good old times will live in our memories. Just hail and kill my brother in metal when we meet again and that same goes to other mates too under the sign of the hammer.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
threads like this remind me why i still play the game,devon cluster will never be the same as excaliber to some of us but theres alot of old friends and foes on there and theres still plenty of fun to be had....

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Think most addicts feel very much the same way :)

Takes me back, I remember the days when Grilf, Tarrasque and Shaniah were around - what the bloody hell was the guild called though, doing my head in now!

If i remember correctly, Shaniah and Tarrasque did everything together! Hmm... was it Tiwaz something? god knows.

Anyway, making a return to US servers is quite easy really.. leveling is mega fast, and with 1.99 everything is buyable with BP tokens and tradable too.

with 30k bp's you can buy artis, encounters, scrolls, mls etc.

Anyhow, good post :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Doesnt mean it feels the same though mate.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
If i remember correctly, Shaniah and Tarrasque did everything together! Hmm... was it Tiwaz something? god knows.

<Tiwaz's Emissaries>

Old time guild in which people shared nothing but /gu together xD I cant really recall that many raids or hunts, but the chat was great :D

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
With it's imbalances and crazy things (1.2min mezz anyone?)

Thanes had one of the best CC spells in the early days. HAMMERS, one of the best looking spells and when lots of thanes were together would lag the crap out of my crappy old PC :)

Guindor

Fledgling Freddie
US fixed grp....any1 wants?

As the topic says i will try to make a fixed grp to run in us....atm my guildies r not coming (atleast for the next 6months) so its a bit boring running by myself +that solo action is crap....i pop with hunter and the attacks i receive is like my brothers wedding list...(10pages) so ppl who want to form up a rvr fix grp either pm me in FH or post here for more info...like setup we will run and what classes r needed...

P.s Us fix grps r ...like...omg....

Guindor

Fledgling Freddie
lol....wrong place to post it....JUST FORGET MY msg ffs and really sry

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
as the topic says i will try to make a fixed grp to run in us....atm my guildies r not coming (atleast for the next 6months) so its a bit boring running by myself +that solo action is crap....i pop with hunter and the attacks i receive is like my brothers wedding list...(10pages) so ppl who want to form up a rvr fix grp either pm me in fh or post here for more info...like setup we will run and what classes r needed...

P.s us fix grps r ...like...omg....

Talk about a thread derail :D

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Well put, I think many of us feel the same way about daoc. DAoC has pretty much ruined any other game for me.

I decided to keep DAoC as a great memory and won't do silly things like rerolling US.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Maybe, just maybe the stars will align, Origins will be released, and it will be perfect.

Just maybe.

Everz

FH is my second home
Well put, I think many of us feel the same way about daoc. DAoC has pretty much ruined any other game for me.

I decided to keep DAoC as a great memory and won't do silly things like rerolling US.

I agree with this, every game i compare with DAoC to which leads to me getting bored of it quickly.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
So true, so very true. GIVF origins.

Sadly I dont think you'll ever get that "old feeling" about daoc becuase its also you who changed, wouldn't be the same ppl playing and irc... you know you would make a gank group and performance is all the thing that matter...

and why do they need to make a "origins" server when they just could repatch to 1.65, and develop from there.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Sadly I dont think you'll ever get that "old feeling" about daoc becuase its also you who changed, wouldn't be the same ppl playing and irc... you know you would make a gank group and performance is all the thing that matter...

and why do they need to make a "origins" server when they just could repatch to 1.65, and develop from there.

Dear Zorena, I dont think we could ever get that back. It's gone, all that is left is memories and those friends we made. Sure the feeling would be gone, but I would still like to check if we could get some action going.

Sure, we could never get the same ppls back, but at least we could play a game where true teamplay and coordination exists, if not Hardcore, then random slacking. I dont think I would have enough time for that 40h+/week gaming :D

What it comes to your idea of rolling back to 1.65 and starting the development again, I TOTALLY agree.

Narco

Loyal Freddie

true.i wish they would have just roll back to some nice old patch instead of origins server...but "origins" server could give us something much better then what we got now.
ofc we wont get that old feeling and the same fun we had...but better then nothing for those who JUST CANT PLAY OTHER GAMES SINCE DAOC :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
They will probably bring out an Origins server with all the cats classes :/

Heretics camping amg, warlock gank groups sat waiting to go, unnerfed mushroom cap.

Ah the joys of old daoc, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom