3FG Dragon Bashing Part 4

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.Atrox
Hi I dont understand the argument so I'll just post some 1337 talk and brown nose Josef

Huh? I make a point that instead of moaning about not being picked this time that you should try get another hunt going and you post the above?

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Yussef
""All raiders must have Purge + High Heat Resist, preference -may- be made towards those who came last raid as they know what to do more. Can be done without Purge, however I like everyone being able to escape an AOE/PBAOE better.""

As my tactics evolved, the people on those raids were more accustomed on how to perform to the raid environment than others who hadn't been there at that time. I implemented a course of action that I said I very well may do. I did, people moan. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Compromise the success of a raid to please everyone which may result in us dying?

No it's up to you to choose the ppl you want to raid with, but after 3 threads you got your player base.

C

cHodAX

Let me add, I got a regular spot on these hunts for number of reasons. I have been there since the first attempt, I always arrive early and I also meet all the requirements with regards to group setup. No brown nosing involved, just sick of seeing people slag Yussef off for running a successful hunt :(

X

Xeanor

I'm not slagging off Yussef in any way, I didn't sign up, and I don't need a respec stone, so why should I sign up?

I've led my own raids, I was even the first one to ever organise a dragon raid on Alb/Prydwen. (that's different setup though) And I've led too many raids, I don't feel like leading even more of them, I'm GM of a guild, I have to organise, control and lead my own guild already, if I had too much I-don't-know-what-to-do playtime on my hands I would organise one, but I don't need a stone, compared to those people who only go on this raid to make some quick cash while all the work is done by Yussef :eek:

Credit to Yussef for organising stuff though, it's a hard job, especially all the Sidi raids, just silly that other people make as much profit of it as him :eek: some even more :(

O

old.Atrox

I could run a raid with 23 people who haven't been on one of my raids beforehand. Do you think the handpicked one or the random one will perform better in all honesty?

the handpicked ofc, but thats not what I react about.

S

Scunner

BTW arguments aside in the last 2 TLW sidi raids some 28 respec stones single line ones have dropped. All who wanted them have got them on both raids. If you need to respec another course of action could be to attend 2 sidi raids to respec 2 lines or more or less.

Thats what several people i know have done.

C

cHodAX

No it's up to you to choose the ppl you want to raid with, but after 3 threads you got your player base.

This is a free public forums, he can post anything he likes here. No where in the title does it say 'Join up now' and there is a disclaimer on Yussef's that states preference will be given to people who have been before. What more could he do? Please don't say 'Don't post here' as this is a public forum for Albion players.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
just sick of seeing people slag Yussef off for running a successful hunt :(

again not what the slagging is about.

O

old.Atrox

This is a free public forums, he can post anything he likes here. No where in the title does it say 'Join up now' and there is a disclaimer on Yussef's that states preference will be given to people who have been before. What more could he do? Please don't say 'Don't post here' as this is a public forum for Albion players.

Ok. so we are not allowed to say what we think about it ?

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Xeanor
compared to those people who only go on this raid to make some quick cash while all the work is done by Yussef :eek:

You make an amazing jump of logic there, of the 100 stones dropped so far how many have been sold on these forums? I have personally given, yes given one of my stones to a guild mate and traded one for alchemy services. My next stone will be for my personal vault incase I ever need it, if I am lucky to get more after that I will offer them to my guildmates at below market prices. You assume everyone is selfish and is hording them :(

X

Xeanor

You make an amazing jump of logic there, of the 100 stones dropped so far how many have been sold on these forums? I have personally given, yes given one of my stones to a guild mate and traded one for alchemy services. My next stone will be for my personal vault incase I ever need it, if I am lucky to get more after that I will offer them to my guildmates at below market prices. You assume everyone is selfish and is hording them :(

Feeling touchy? I didn't point at you :eek:

C

cHodAX

Ok. so we are not allowed to say what we think about it ?

You can say what you like, it is a public forum. However I never would never have thought 2 respected players like you and Teador would moan about this when you could quite easily get 3fg and have a go yourself. It is a shame that so many people who applied for the hunt and never got in cannot be arsed to organise another hunt.

X

Xeanor

Heh, yet again, I don't need a stone, I don't need to go on the raid. :eek:

C

cHodAX

Feeling touchy? I didn't point at you :eek:

Your post points the finger at everyone. Hell, if you make a hunt and are short of a Theurgist I will happily come along and not take a stone just so that other people get a chance at having a try at killing the dragon.

C

cHodAX

Heh, yet again, I don't need a stone, I don't need to go on the raid. :eek:

So what about the other people who applied and didn't get a spot? Why aren't they organising a hunt?

X

Xeanor

So what about the other people who applied and didn't get a spot? Why aren't they organising a hunt?

Well who am I to say things about them? Maybe they don't have time, maybe they're just damn lazy, I don't know. :) You actually can't make any conclusions about that, maybe some have 0 experience with leading raids or just don't want to put a lot of time into it. I don't know. No-one will ever know until those people say so themselves, speaking is silver, silence is gold. :)

But don't say "I never would never have thought 2 respected players like you and Teador would moan about this when you could quite easily get 3fg and have a go yourself." about me then, I don't whine about not being on the raid, I don't want to be on the raid, I'm just defending myself because of the little remark I made which was taken too big by some here. :eek:

I think I shouldn't have said the "Why make a sign-up thread" remark. :eek:

E

ele

Although I'm not complaining at all about the way Yussef runs things, read my post above which states 'I myself have mentioned the idea in guild and have had good interest, its not a monopoly, Yussef has taken the initiative thats all.'

There will be one in the pipeline shortly i'm sure.

C

cHodAX

Yep, it is easy to criticise others when you can't be arsed to make the effort yourself. The only problem people have with this hunt is that there isn't a turnover of different people in the groups. Yet the answer is so blindingly obvious, either keep trying until you do get in or make an effort to organise another hunt. The problem is too people sit behind there keyboards with a degree of anonimity that it affords them, then they throw mud at others when they don't get thier own way. It is easier to do that rather than be constructive and actually make an effort to help all those people who you feel have been hard done by.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by ele
Although I'm not complaining at all about the way Yussef runs things, read my post above which states 'I myself have mentioned the idea in guild and have had good interest, its not a monopoly, Yussef has taken the initiative thats all.'

There will be one in the pipeline shortly i'm sure.

That is why I like you Ele :) You didn't get in this time but at least you are prepared to have a go rather than throw mud. I can understand why Vestax is upset but Duo got an oppurtunity and earned the right for a slight prefernce to go on the next hunt.

X

Xeanor

Yep, it is easy to criticise others when you can't be arsed to make the effort yourself.

May I ask where I criticise Yussef because I would want to be on the raid? (which I don't need to)

I'm not criticising Yussef at all, I'm just disagreeing with you. :p

O

old.Atrox

what does yussef got to do with it anyway ?
was Delket who made the thread.

E

ele

Yeah well its all too easy to forget it is just a game after all, thats what i tell myself if things don't work out for the best :)

:D Keep smiling all.

Y

Yussef

I'm getting general comments about this in other threads too. Just felt like confronting it.

O

old.Atrox

I'm getting general comments about this in other threads too. Just felt like confronting it.

yea QQ is a great way to confront things.

Y

Yussef

Was you who started with the fucked up comments, I just brought myself down to your level.

O

old.Atrox

Was you who started with the fucked up comments, I just brought myself down to your level.

Oh I did ?

C

cHodAX

May I ask where I criticise Yussef because I would want to be on the raid? (which I don't need to)

I'm not criticising Yussef at all, I'm just disagreeing with you. :p

Your original post was asking why this was a sign up thread if people from previous raids would be chosen ahead of others, it was made quite clear in the following replies from myself and Yussef. Since then it has just spiralled into point and counterpoint. You have implied that it is a closed shop when it is not, new people have been involved on every attempt. All I have done is try to explain why things are the way they are and that constantly changing people will result in more failures and damage the hunt as a regular event.

Xorta, this hunt isn't been run by Yussef as he might be unavailable so Delket has kindly stepped in and took the lead for this weeks attempt. However if he is available it will be Yussef's hunt, Delket will freely acknowledge that.

Y

Yussef

I provided a response about people's views about being upset over not being picked et al. Then I got accused of crying by yourself, so I thought QQ would be a suitable response for yourself.

Especially when I'm happy about how the physical raiding is at present, I did not need to criticise anything except the responses made by those whom did not get chosen.

Y

Yussef

A comment on people's moaning over my actions, I didn't ask for that, I didn't ask for praise either, I just wanted the information I requested. However freedom of speech means of course people can moan/praise, also allowing me to post sign up threads on BW if I choose to.

Cannot have one without the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom