3 Things you would remove from DAoC...

O

old.Greggor

Originally posted by shanks
GOA is not changeing any classes at all, all they do is translate, remember?

Goa/mithic what ever

W

wyleia

1. SpellCrafting - make people work hard to get equipment that makes me unable to do any dmg to them with my nuking...

2. SpellCrafting - People can get close to cap everything with DF items.. much closer than we came when we had to use only drops... Big raids are basically pointless for casters and close to pointless for other classes now ;/ The coveted prince drops of Malice ring, Barbed Belt, Soul Bracer are now all pieces of junk you would never use in your template due to their UV....

oh and a third one? Would say spellcrafting but thought of another one...

3. The way RA points are allocated.. You get tons of RA points for very little work at the beginning of your rvr career, and it takes longer and longer to get more points as you get higher and higher.. Should be more even throughout.. 7k rps you get 10 pts to spend.. at 61k rps you get 20 pts to spent.. thats almost 10 times as much realm points for same amount of points.. it should be more even and give points at even intervals instead of all at once at the beginning and then slowed down.. my thinking was that people should have to save for a while before getting a big 10 or 14 pt RA.. right now they go out for one run to emain and almost have enough to get it before next port...

F

Falcon

Originally posted by Omniscieous
I would also remove Xest from DAoC, for no reason in particular :p

(he got me killed at parths ffs!!1)
I think I single handedly sealed the fate for rangers getting groups in my early days :p Probably my elite pulling that made everyone decide they don't want an archer in the group ;( Admit it tho, the xp was fast.... until we died and anyway I thought we could handle 6 parths at lvl13 :/

K

Kerram Darktyde

Originally posted by Falcon
Biggest problem there is that your chars data is sent to the client just not rendered (well it is, but with 100% transparency hence why you're not visible), thus radar users would know where stealthers were. At least currently stealthers have some protection against radar users in the way that stealthed client data isn't passed on to other clients unless said client has say, See Hidden or True Sight active. I'd hate for such a thing to go live in DAoC without Mythic/GOA doing something about cheats and hacks. I doubt it'll be long until Planetside has such things haunting it to be honest ;( Also I think it'd be perfectly possible to implement a memory hack or some other such cheat such as dll injection to disable rendering transparency altogether meaning stealth players would always be 100% visible.

I have to agree though, that kind of stealth system is REALLY nice if it weren't for the horrific security flaws it brings.

Yet another reason Stealth should be changed, stealthers should have to suffer like everyone else....
But yes anyone found to cheat/hack etc etc should be banned and somehow stopped from opening new accounts..

D

Darac

The Left Axe Nerf
People that constantly cry nerf
Spys that basically make relic raids a waste of time

P

planky

1. Nerf that you have to pay cash for this game.

2. Nerf that i dont got a credit card

3. Nerf that its so hard to get to 50 if you dont got a nice little buffie.

S

Solid

1: Manachanters
2: Remove buffbots via ranged buffs being imlemented
3: Remove levels 1-40 and make all chars start at 40 from creation with full autotrain.

M

Martix

1. Bonedancers
2. Buffbots
3. Time to wait for ports

F

-foadon-

1: being able to zerg
2: ppl being lame enough to spy before relicraids
3: whiners

M

Mornay

Spellcrafting?

What kind of friggin freak would want to remove spellcrafting from DAoC?
YOU ANIMAL!!!

Oh and I want to remove all people that want to remove SC.
Then all people that cant speak proper english and instead use words like nerf and zerg and such, friggin idiots.
And then I would like to remove the no roleplay server status.

N

Nonnier

1)i want to remove the fact that there isn't any SCers about!

2)oh, and remove pbaoe off the 49 spec for SMs and stuff it on the 47 spec

3)hibbie mana line

T

Turamber

Re: Spellcrafting?

Originally posted by Mornay
What kind of friggin freak would want to remove spellcrafting from DAoC?
YOU ANIMAL!!!

Oh and I want to remove all people that want to remove SC.
Then all people that cant speak proper english and instead use words like nerf and zerg and such, friggin idiots.
And then I would like to remove the no roleplay server status.

Because "friggin" is such good english? :m00:

Spellcrafting shifts the balance of power away from caster classes while doing nothing much to increase their survivability. But, more importantly, it's another aspect of the game that rewards time spent in game over skill.

Was not at all surprised to find you are a roleplayer! :rolleyes:

W

wyleia

Re: Re: Spellcrafting?

Originally posted by Turamber
But, more importantly, it's another aspect of the game that rewards time spent in game over skill.

I do not think it even rewards time... Time spent getting all the perfect drops is a heck of a lot more than time spent getting enuf to pay for SCing + armour... chain is 4p for a 99 set? SCing is about 2p.. thats 6p, most people have a few p from xping to 50 already...

Time spent gathering the right armour and jewelry from different drop areas is much more than just going and farming DF then buying some armour and paying a SCer... Especially since most of us used to want the prince drops and other big raid type stuff.

A

amazingsteve

1: bonedancers, only class which needs zero skill to play
2: buffbot
3: realm abilities

T

Teh Krypt

Rambotina
Rambotinas bot
Rambotias bot's bot.

F

froler-mid

-GOA and sloooooooooooooooooooow translations/patching

-new patches with pve content (rvr HELLO?)

- random bugs? :D

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Addlcove
Krypt
1337speak
Buffbots

in that order

You have never actualy met me once ingame yet you whine.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
You have never actualy met me once ingame yet you whine.

seeing as not all my chars are listed in me sig, you wouldn´t actually know that.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Addlcove
seeing as not all my chars are listed in me sig, you wouldn´t actually know that.

I would im from the spirit world :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
I would im from the spirit world :p

did you get G-lined from IRC in the spiritworld too?

A

atos

1.All patches after crush damage table was modded.

2.RAs and boofs.. (THEY DO COUNT AS SAME! =()

3.Zergs

O

old.Greggor

Originally posted by wyleia
3. The way RA points are allocated.. You get tons of RA points for very little work at the beginning of your rvr career, and it takes longer and longer to get more points as you get higher and higher.. Should be more even throughout.. 7k rps you get 10 pts to spend.. at 61k rps you get 20 pts to spent.. thats almost 10 times as much realm points for same amount of points.. it should be more even and give points at even intervals instead of all at once at the beginning and then slowed down.. my thinking was that people should have to save for a while before getting a big 10 or 14 pt RA.. right now they go out for one run to emain and almost have enough to get it before next port...

That is good thou it.

It is easier to to get to RR5(500,000Rp) and have 40 points where as RR6(2,000,000Rp), which for the casual player make it worth there while trying to get a few Rps to help them out?

If u made it linear RR2 would be 1,000,000Rp. The hole coding would be different to compensate for this eg. 50th lvl is now worth just under 1,000Rp in a linear systems a RR1 would be 10,000 Rp, RR2 20,000Rp.............RR10 100,000RP.

The RR system is not the thing to change it is the RA that is got

S

Sobek

I remmeber before the RAs, and the endless pbaoe spam, rvr was actualy fun, it was challenging, now its whos highest rr & best sc equip + buffbot.

imo remove SC,RAs because if you can make a good class by tweaking it with items, instead of just fixing a template i'd say thats more of a challenge

buffbots was fine before SC, because you did actually have a chance unbuffed vs. a buffed player now you just eat dirt unbuffed...

i bet i get flamed for this ><

anyway thats my opinion.

N

nightsorrow

1.BUFFBOTS
2.BUFFBOTS
3.BUFFBOTS?

yes thats it, make the game cool again:p

T

twistedmind

;-)

1: Buffbots (no i don't use one)
2: Dragonfang
3: Spellcrafting (no i don't use it)

Those are the things i would like removed. also the Group RA's, level cap, albs :) nah that was a joke. The uber buffed infils. end regen. about everything after patch 1.45 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom