Politics 2024/25 General Election Voting Intention (2022)

Who do you currently intend to vote for in the next UK general election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • DUP

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

• SDLP

• Green

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other

• Total voters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Are they going to counter Jess Phillips?

Misogyny isn't an "extremist" ideology. She's fucking ridiculous.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Labour in power: 69 days (kek) - OMG THE WORLD IS TURNING TO SHIT THEY'VE FAILED OMG QQ
Tories in Power: 5178 days (ish) - Yeah this is fine... Ignore the world being on fire. 10/10 government never did anything wrong.

Basically all I hear when talking to people these days and I want to garrotte them.

Maybe give Lab a year before we shit down their throats...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe give Lab a year before we shit down their throats...
Why?

From the looks of it it appears they're going to do exactly what people feared they'd do before they were even elected - they're going to increase taxes on the middle classes and do fuck all about the super-rich. They're meddling around the edges and not making any of the "change" that they were supposedly all about.

The Guardian is running piece after piece about Rachel Reeves being the reincarnation of George Osbourne. Even more austerity, here we come.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Why?

From the looks of it it appears they're going to do exactly what people feared they'd do before they were even elected - they're going to increase taxes on the middle classes and do fuck all about the super-rich. They're meddling around the edges and not making any of the "change" that they were supposedly all about.

The Guardian is running piece after piece about Rachel Reeves being the reincarnation of George Osbourne. Even more austerity, here we come.

Because Tories did the exact same thing and if not worse, over the 5000 days they were in power and (without me spending hours doing reading) probably put us in the position where this had to happen?

I'd rather go through a year of shit more and see what happens than 14 years of shit again.

!remindme 300 days.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because Tories did the exact same thing and if not worse, over the 5000 days they were in power and (without me spending hours doing reading) probably put us in the position where this had to happen?
Nope.

They're just redoing austerity again. That's neoliberal orthodoxy and we voted for change. It didn't have to happen.

You complained about the Tories - and that's a fair complaint and I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, you voted Labour - but got more Tories.

None of the economic choices of austerity did us any good. But Reeves is ex-BoE and a proponent of austerity. When she said "we can only do what we can afford" that was a direct troll of Keynes - who said "whatever we can do we can afford". So she's likely to do Bidenomics without the spending - in fact with more austerity. Which is a double-whammy of shitness.

Sorry @Overdriven - I'm not going to wait 12 months for them to 'show their colours' - they've already shown them, so every single time they do what the Tories would have done I'm going to point it out. Like when they cut their 28bn pledge - something we "could have done" - which promotes growth. But "can't afford it" Reeves is cutting our legs off.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
We could dispense with a lot of discussion on taxes if we could get the economy working again. If we could increase productivity. And to do that we need to embrace healthy eating, active travel and flexible working. Improving our economy would lead to more income from taxes all by itself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We could dispense with a lot of discussion on taxes if we could get the economy working again. If we could increase productivity. And to do that we need to embrace healthy eating, active travel and flexible working. Improving our economy would lead to more income from taxes all by itself.
Agree. But they could also pull the lever called "investment" rather than the lever called "more austerity".

But they're hitting the austerity lever and the increased taxation levers. So the amount of money in the economy is going to go down. Labour policy is a headwind.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, if Trump gets in, we will be in recession by Xmas. The construction industry is already getting twitchy for all sorts of reasons, and that's usually a bit ahead.

Rich old folk not getting a Brucey bonus in the winter will be the least of our worries...it's still shit optics and a pointless hill to die on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom