Football 2022/2023 Season Football Thread

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Bud is shit anyway :)

The fact Bud is probably the only beer you can get there is enough to put me off FIFA events for life - and I say that as a fan of "piss weak lager" - I have a can of Amstel on the go right now for eg.

But Budweiser? Jesus Christ, even I have standards.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The fact Bud is probably the only beer you can get there is enough to put me off FIFA events for life - and I say that as a fan of "piss weak lager" - I have a can of Amstel on the go right now for eg.

But Budweiser? Jesus Christ, even I have standards.

Bloke in the pub the other day ordered a bottle of bud and a glass with ice. I was close to staging an intervention.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had a lager last weekend, I don't drink anymore, I thought it was fantastic! (Can't remember what it was)

When I was a drinker, it was "real" ale anyway.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I had a lager last weekend, I don't drink anymore, I thought it was fantastic! (Can't remember what it was)

When I was a drinker, it was "real" ale anyway.

Lager became popular in the UK in the 90s so probably after your time

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lager became popular in the UK in the 90s so probably after your time

When we first started drinking in the local, at 15ish, it was always Carling. Absolute pisswater.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You'll be pleased to know it's not changed

I am ashamed to say we also bought it in packs of 24 cans for weekends, though one summer you got 24 cans plus (I think it was 4) tubes of Phileas Fogg snacks, which were legendary.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Utd sueing Ronaldo, guess he wont llay again, if they are really petty they will just sit him in reserves and not let him play until contract is up in June

Then they have to pay him ofc which they dont want to do either

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
500 grand a week.

I don't actually get why they didn't just let him go, when he wanted to. Why pay someone half a million a week to warm the bench.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ooh aah up the...

Attachments

• RDT_20221118_2039485465237497483890937.png
    RDT_20221118_2039485465237497483890937.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 6

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's turning into the disaster everyone said it would be, the moment the host nation was announced. If you care about football, you won't watch any of it.

I'm just fucked off that it has made the first season on FM23 a complete ballache.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's turning into the disaster everyone said it would be, the moment the host nation was announced. If you care about football, you won't watch any of it.

I'm just fucked off that it has made the first season on FM23 a complete ballache.

Utter shit show, completely agree, but don't see what individuals not watching in their homes will do to help. Blatter has already publicly stated that it was a mistake. I don't see it happening again.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I mean, he has a point, but probably the wrong person to be making it.

He is hardly going to criticize his paymasters, especially when they have been so kind to lend him private jets in the past so he doesn't have to fly with the plebs

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The way that we complain about Qatar (rightly so) but also ignoring the conditions that lots of migrants have to deal with in western countries.

Yes, because executing homosexuals and using slave labour is just the same as a kid dying from poor living conditions.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The way that we complain about Qatar (rightly so) but also ignoring the conditions that lots of migrants have to deal with in western countries.

Because there isn't a massive focus on everywhere else at the moment? Weird whataboutery.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Name a western country that's killed 6500 immigrant building workers since...ooh, 1945?

Maybe FIFA should include a "how many poor people do you intend to kill?" question in the bid process.

Embattle

FH is my second home

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yes I saw after posting the source was Saudi. Like you I wouldn't surprised if there is some truth to it anyway.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Why does Fred Flintstone want the world cup moved to United Arab Emirates?

Because the stadiums in Qatar dont sell beer, but the ones in Abu Dhabi dooooo

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why does Fred Flintstone want the world cup moved to United Arab Emirates?

Because the stadiums in Qatar dont sell beer, but the ones in Abu Dhabi dooooo

Get out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom