1.87d Destroys the crafting community ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
As Vlad has posted the notes alreayd I wont repeat them here
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=212604

Except for this part :-
- Crafted item quality is no longer considered when determining the number of imbue points an item has. All crafted items now have the maximum number of imbue points for their level. For example, all level 51 crafted items have 32 imbue points. All level 49 crafted items have 31 imbue points.

So, what is the point in crafters making 99 or MP items ?
If crafters don't make any money will they keep going? I know I wouldn't.

As for the "Overcharge" in the notes it says if the overcharge fails the item is not lost - only the SC'er blows up (so has to pay to get con back) whats the benefit of a customer getting higher quality item to improve the SC chance when there item is safe anyway? nothing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
well all it will do is annoy people when their armour goes boom, no point bothering with crafting now.

Gamah

Banned
Raven said:
well all it will do is annoy people when their armour goes boom, no point bothering with crafting now.

Did you actually read?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gamah said:
Did you actually read?
yes, did you? there will be no point making mp stuff to sell as shitty qual will do, it costs about 15-20 plat to get lgm in most crafts (not tailer) there simply isnt the population left for all the crafters to make any money from, SC costs will drop to virtually nothing as any gem will do, so your talking 100g max per SC suit (+whatever tip)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Crafters can still make money. The amount of cash they earn for the amount of time thy spend won't go down but the amount of time they spend will decrease.

Spell Crafting will not change much. Maybe a few more explosions but the same amount of time will be required!

Alchemy and Fletching won't change.

Weapon/shield crafters will still want to get 99%/100% stuff to do proper damage.

Only armour crafting will change and there is an awful lot of whine about th price of MP gear at the moment, also getting MP stuff with the new pattern things like in alot of templates is insane.

As far as I am aware a lvl 51 99% chain armour has 3 AF less than a 100% one. The base AF buff does upto +50. That means you can get away with 3 95% pieces of armour in your template without affecting your AF while buffed.

So yes I think that there will be alot fewer armour crafters than currently but prices will come down alot too.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
Crafters can still make money. The amount of cash they earn for the amount of time thy spend won't go down but the amount of time they spend will decrease.

Spell Crafting will not change much. Maybe a few more explosions but the same amount of time will be required!

Alchemy and Fletching won't change.

Weapon/shield crafters will still want to get 99%/100% stuff to do proper damage.

Only armour crafting will change and there is an awful lot of whine about th price of MP gear at the moment, also getting MP stuff with the new pattern things like in alot of templates is insane.

As far as I am aware a lvl 51 99% chain armour has 3 AF less than a 100% one. The base AF buff does upto +50. That means you can get away with 3 95% pieces of armour in your template without affecting your AF while buffed.

So yes I think that there will be alot fewer armour crafters than currently but prices will come down alot too.

I like the part in bold , that i highlighted for you.

If people would are getting mp for the af , they need a clue , people get mp for the max Imbue points for sc and nothing else, af has a role in the game , but not as much as squeezing ing the extra stats...i reckon you allrdy know this , so i will take it as you were tired when you wrote this :)

/berget

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
yes, did you? there will be no point making mp stuff to sell as shitty qual will do, it costs about 15-20 plat to get lgm in most crafts (not tailer) there simply isnt the population left for all the crafters to make any money from, SC costs will drop to virtually nothing as any gem will do, so your talking 100g max per SC suit (+whatever tip)

I think what Gamah means is that you're saying an armour piece will explode 10% of the time regardless of quality, but as that's not true and I assume you aren't mistakenly misreading the patch notes, I'm assuming you meant that "losing armour is merely an annoyance now that MP items are not needed" so crafting to order is defunct?

I do agree, with the previous changes (1.87 was it?) crafters will now be ten-a-penny and so actually trying to make a living out of it's over. Which is shit for the crafters.

However....

I'm in two minds. See, I never did like the way crafting and SCing was in the game anyway. It inspires too much templating, leetness, and generally boring shit you've gotta do to feel like you're finally set to RvR. I think there's three ways of having the armour and item system and this is the middle of that list, 1 being the best and 3 being the worst.

1> No crafting
2> Crafting as of 1.87d
3> Crafting pre-1.87d

1> The best option! No crafting is a better way to play the game because then you can't "have it all" which is how DaoC was and should still be. There should be no maxing of everything, no capping everything. It should be like a real RPG where you use a sword because it glows and sets people on fire, not because it has +5 str cap and 3 x 7% resists whilst debuffing ABS on a proc, and 4% style damage, and caps all your stuff nicely! That's shit, it's elitist because it forces people to have to build similar "templates", makes everyone the same, and to fight over farming the item. Oh and its very American (stats etc) so that's bad too :p

2> Crafting as on 1.87d. Not a perfect system. Would prefer to have people with some variation , in different armour, using quest items so we're not all as uniform as one another or busy templating instead of playing, but at least this change DOES make it a LOT easier for everyone to achieve equal footing.

3> Crafting pre-1.87d. Well basically in its current state for EU players. I've learned to deal with this by levelling my own AC and SC and my mate having an Alchemist. I can tell you, we don't really want to spend our game time doing this but everyone feels as tho they need their templates. And people know that they CAN cap stuff and have everything maxed because of crafting in its current form which is bad for the game (and ofc why 1 and 2 are better than it is atm)

Aside from people feeling pissed wasting time and money getting to where they are now on their crafters (like me spending 100s of plat on levelling crafters and buying armour) I think that option 2 is better than option 3 (but not as good as option 1 :p )

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Was there really a community? The majority of the crafting community feeling vanished with the introduction of crafting inside houses, availability of high level resources everywhere instead of a few places, as well as consignment merchants.

For those crafters who decide to leave because they can't make enough profit, there will be plenty of replacements as those who find crafting less tedious might start again. I've spent many hours levelling my crafters (8xLGM, quite a few others between 500-1000), and I welcome the changes.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
You're missing the point though.
Previously ppl who could only get dropped stuff by buying it, cause they don't have the time to farm for it, could afk craft ( at work etc) their way without much risk into quite a fortune.
With this patch the only crafters that will have to make mp's still are weapon crafters and fletchers. AC's and Tailors won't be able to sell anything at a decent profit. SC's profit will also plummet, cause there no longer will be a time investment into doing a sc, hence no reason to ask 400-500 g per sc item.
So all it will do is make getting into crafting more unattractive ( no chance to ever regain your investment) and raising the price on dropped items cause all that cash that isn't going into crafted pieces now has to go somewhere.

Danita

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Was there really a community? The majority of the crafting community feeling vanished with the introduction of crafting inside houses, availability of high level resources everywhere instead of a few places, as well as consignment merchants.

For those crafters who decide to leave because they can't make enough profit, there will be plenty of replacements as those who find crafting less tedious might start again. I've spent many hours levelling my crafters (8xLGM, quite a few others between 500-1000), and I welcome the changes.

But why will new crafters start when there is no money in it ? People will not buy MP or 99% armour anymore - there is simply no need

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
Too true, the notion being a crafter as a 'respected trade' disappeared a looong time ago (ie budgeting and setting prices, gradually building up a customer base and a rep, getting to know peeps via custom and doing linings for other crafters, salvaging for cash to craft and skill up etc).

Now it's just a hassle, I cba at all for non-guildies for a long time, for guildies you do it cos u should but that's about it.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Alan said:
But why will new crafters start when there is no money in it ? People will not buy MP or 99% armour anymore - there is simply no need

Do people really make crafters in order to make money?
Well I guess they must do or you wouldn't have said it :p
I've had most of the crafts at LGM at some point somewhere but I never ever made one to make money. Usually I made them because I needed pots, or a specific crafter wasn't available in the guild I was in. Those kind of reasons don't change, & TBH I really don't think I ever recouped my investments on any of my crafters. They were just useful to have to make stuff, repair, salvage etc

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
It's a wonderfull change imo, it makes life alot easier to make templates, without needing to farm for a week before hand. It also makes the game friendly to new players.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Remember also that skilling up a crafter becomes less expensive and there's a faster skill gain in this patch too. Crafters who skilled up the old slow and expensive way will feel hard done by, people who want a crafter after the patch will find it easier to level one up. There's no money in crafting after this but the market was pretty dead before to be honest. The days of sitting in Diogel with a list of people queueing up to buy 99% chain at 4 plat a suit have been over for a long time. I can't remember the last time I sold any 99% armour to anyone who wasn't a guildie and I've had almost no orders for MPs for several months. if I was a weapon crafter or a fletcher I'd have written my crafting off years ago.

Personally I've made back the cost of getting to capped LGM many times over already so I'm not too bitter about this. I'm just disappointed that Mythic promised us crafting love then gave with one hand and took with the other.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
It's a wonderfull change imo, it makes life alot easier to make templates, without needing to farm for a week before hand. It also makes the game friendly to new players.

Excactly!

A change that lessens the PvE requirement, giving people more time to RvR?

How bloody awful!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
yay

Im glad i never wasted days of my life crafting now :)

a LOT of people get crafting up purely as a salvage bot too tho, so it still isnt a waste of time lvling an ac-er/tailor , trinketing arcanium still brings in a lot of feckin cash yknow.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
knighthood said:
yay

Im glad i never wasted days of my life crafting now :)

a LOT of people get crafting up purely as a salvage bot too tho, so it still isnt a waste of time lvling an ac-er/tailor , trinketing arcanium still brings in a lot of feckin cash yknow.

Well I never!! Such fables.......

Nate

FH is my second home
Isn't WoW crafting a bit like this? :/

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:

Abit .. you dont loose stuff and pretty much always gain a point on a yellow, only real difference is you need to go out and farm stuff in to make it (though you can sell the recipy parts for more than the item you make from it)

Same principle though .. its a fairly pointless time/cash sink since most people can get better gear than you can make.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
nice chance :D about fucking time.. not like makeing armor was really good profit
anyways

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Nate said:

Everything is ripped from WoW these days, save for RvR that is :> but then RvR don't matter no more as all rvr has been upgraded to some bhuddist version of pve on this server at least - time to burn those josticks at fins hib map again :p

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
It depends;

if you got into crafting for the chance to make a profit then yes this will probably hurt

if you got into crafting to provide a service for guild and realm mates then this change makes an awful lot of sense.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
guess i'll finish off getting my 730 SC'er up now :)

Anyone want any SC'ing done? :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
As a crafter (5 LGM, 1 700 and rising fast), I welcome the changes. I became a crafter to help out the guild/others, not to make money. Spent 8 hours on Wednesday making 3 items (2 MP, 1 99% new stuff) - that's not fun. Under these rules I'd have been taking about 5 minutes, then doing fun stuff, and not missed out on a night of RvR.

Only reason people went for MP was for the imbue points, quality isn't that important otherwise. Now people may want 99% weapons, rather than shoot for MP, and with armour they'll probably not worry about quality. Only downside is that people will be wanting stuff NOW rather more than they do now. Spellcrafting will still carry a slight premium, cos customers often don't know what they want, but it will at least be easier.

The real question in my mind is whether currently crafted armour is retroactively changed to 32 imbue. If not I can see crafting dying completely between now and 1.87 implementation. Which crafters would want to spend hours today making what will take minutes in a couple of months. It'll be destabilising for a while, but it'll settle out I'm sure. This is made more extreme by the lack of a LotM launch date, if we'll be getting 1.87 with it.

Darzil

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Alan said:

People will probably buy 99% armour, it'll offer the best AF for the lowest price.

Although the profit per part might be lower for armourcrafters, I can see more people being able to spellcraft their alts - it won't be as expensive as before! So hopefully the amount of people buying will actually increase.

Do you actually craft? None of your characters listed in your signature have any tradeskills listed.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Neffneff said:
spot on
all this whine is laughable,
crafters have been whining for years about lack of mp's

I personally would have suggested a better route would have been to make it so a LGM crafter is garunteed to make 99%+,
and you are garunteed a 99%+ for any armour 5 lvls below you current crafting level.

But saying that, since when has Mythic actually been interested in developing the game rather than simply implementing quick fixes which more often than not have made the situation worse...

You all know the drill by now, bend over....
or if your tierd of it /cancel

NavaloreShadowvar

Loyal Freddie
Tbh ye about time, really was looking forward to this :) at least it will be easy mode to get crafts up fast and also to get templates done way easier :)

Keitan

Banned
NavaloreShadowvar said:
Tbh ye about time, really was looking forward to this :) at least it will be easy mode to get crafts up fast and also to get templates done way easier :)

dude get on msn pls !!! havnt spoken to u in ages! please

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
welcome change, agreed, started crafting to gear up the camlann population, not for proffit, and now i can do that without spending 5 hours on a suit of armor

Sorin

Banned
Alan said:
As Vlad has posted the notes alreayd I wont repeat them here
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=212604

Except for this part :-
- Crafted item quality is no longer considered when determining the number of imbue points an item has. All crafted items now have the maximum number of imbue points for their level. For example, all level 51 crafted items have 32 imbue points. All level 49 crafted items have 31 imbue points.

So, what is the point in crafters making 99 or MP items ?
If crafters don't make any money will they keep going? I know I wouldn't.

As for the "Overcharge" in the notes it says if the overcharge fails the item is not lost - only the SC'er blows up (so has to pay to get con back) whats the benefit of a customer getting higher quality item to improve the SC chance when there item is safe anyway? nothing.

Not sure if this have already been said.. "To busy to read it all"

Anyway, here goes:

There will still be a big point in crafting MP and 99% quality weapons/armor

For weapons it means "Higher Effective Damage"
And for armor its "Higher Armor Factor".. so i still see a good reason to make MPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom