1.87d Destroys the crafting community ?

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Its pretty much a waste of time crafting now , you cant even get rid of 99%s for cost price.

We will make less profit when this patch comes? dont even make a profit now nevermind when this comes. :p

Sorin

Banned
Influenza said:
Its pretty much a waste of time crafting now , you cant even get rid of 99%s for cost price.

We will make less profit when this patch comes? dont even make a profit now nevermind when this comes. :p

I'm making plenty of profit selling Weapons for thidranki, MP/99% quality.

And my armorcrafter makes even more, and he's not even legendary yet :p

You are prolly to expensive.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I wasnt talking about thid stuff , im sure theres a profit to be made but i dont bother as the reward is too small.

Im talking about lvl 51 99%s left over from doing MP orders , i had loads of stuff on my cm for cost price and it didnt sell (cost price as in material cost for 1 try not how much they cost me to make) and i ended up selling it for less than cost but more than sellback price.

If thats too expensive then tell me what is a fair price then? give it to them for free? :D

Sorin

Banned
Influenza said:
I wasnt talking about thid stuff , im sure theres a profit to be made but i dont bother as the reward is too small.

I make around 270g on each mp weapon/shields i sell for thid.. and i sell between 5 and 10 a week. Good enough for me.

Influenza said:
Im talking about lvl 51 99%s left over from doing MP orders , i had loads of stuff on my cm for cost price and it didnt sell (cost price as in material cost for 1 try not how much they cost me to make) and i ended up selling it for less than cost but more than sellback price.

Wrong tradeskill, or wrong server.. try any kind of armor crafting..

With the new armors patterns there should be alota money to be made there.

Influenza said:
If thats too expensive then tell me what is a fair price then? give it to them for free? :D

Yes.

If you really wanna make money.. become a spellcrafter.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
spellcrafting peoples templates is a pain in the arse having to get 4 gems per peice of armour all 99% or 98% and having to do it all while they are constantly pmming you going "is it ready yet". going to be so great to be able to start a template and just buy the items you NEED not 100000 of each resource only to have to buy or resell it back when you are finished.

Templating is going to be so much easier and faster, ok crafters might feel hard done by due to the changes, but this is for the better. the whole idea of the game is to get out into rvr fast. Or at least at a rate your happy with, if you had to wait days weeks or months before your template is ready (lets face it you can go from 1 to 50 in a week).

i do think its a push in the right direction, and as a spellcrafter i never made much profit from crafting. And it was a pain and took hours to do complete sc sets for thid or lvl 51.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone knows if you can still make plats from scing? Sounds like people expected the profit to go down when the patch came.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
People charge up to 1-1.5p a piece of sc'ing and some are even willing to pay that much. So if you have the patience and time, get Spellcrafting to 1000 and start making cash

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Yes

Anyone knows if you can still make plats from scing? Sounds like people expected the profit to go down when the patch came.

I paid 10p for 5 pieces on 37.5 OC. Was happy to pay it, keeps people SCing and keeps me from having to do it :)

I'm sure he was rubbing his hands together :)

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Make a spellcrafter and make 40-50 plat on a good night :)

CorNokZ

Make a spellcrafter and make 40-50 plat on a good night :)

It is so time consuming and boring! I don't even feel like I am playing the game at all when I am sc'ing! Sometimes I even pay others to do my sc'ing eventho I have one myself! That's how mind numbing I find it!

CorNokZ

Depends on who you are working with, not the realm. All realms are equal in crafting, so that is just daft

Some people do it because they want to make a lot of profit, others do it mainly to please others who are in need of help

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Depends on who you are working with, not the realm. All realms are equal in crafting, so that is just daft

Some people do it because they want to make a lot of profit, others do it mainly to please others who are in need of help

Wifey do all types of crafting on all 3 realms for material cost + a tip :)
(usually ends up that she gets around 500-750g / item in SC'ing).
But 1 realm seems to pay more than the other 2 , Hib :)

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
btw i read this post and i told to my bro not to make any sc, ac etc cause now pieces are cheap etc etc. But i was wrong, he's lgm sc now and he has earned more than 60 p in 3 - 4 days (and he isn't all the time active cause he's working to lvl up Taylor, Ac and Alch.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I've had LGM in all crafts and in all realms and to be honest I never noticed much of a community. Others like myself simply mashed keys while watching TV to get to LGM and to be honest When housing was introduced their was even less communication between crafters.

If you are going to bother going LGM these days, you do it for the sake of your guild and your own toons. Money is irrelevant as it is so easy to come by these days. A half decent PvE toon can farm 2-3 plat in a couple of hours now, and if you throw in salvage on top of that you can add another plat or so. As for the time it takes, crafting is like five times quicker than it used to be.

Even at LGM crafting 99 or 100% items was still not guaranteed and often takes what, five to ten attempts sometimes?, so if you can get the same result on lower quality items now so be it, it saves the crafter money.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
I've had LGM in all crafts and in all realms and to be honest I never noticed much of a community. Others like myself simply mashed keys while watching TV to get to LGM and to be honest When housing was introduced their was even less communication between crafters.

If you are going to bother going LGM these days, you do it for the sake of your guild and your own toons. Money is irrelevant as it is so easy to come by these days. A half decent PvE toon can farm 2-3 plat in a couple of hours now, and if you throw in salvage on top of that you can add another plat or so. As for the time it takes, crafting is like five times quicker than it used to be.

Even at LGM crafting 99 or 100% items was still not guaranteed and often takes what, five to ten attempts sometimes?, so if you can get the same result on lower quality items now so be it, it saves the crafter money.

agree with you. Money is an extremly easy thing now in Daoc Community.

I made 600p in 4 days (ml10 farms)

CorNokZ

agree with you. Money is an extremly easy thing now in Daoc Community.

I made 600p in 4 days (ml10 farms)

Yes you see people(HI TOGGY!!) farming it for ages without getting anything

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Yes you see people(HI TOGGY!!) farming it for ages without getting anything

Not agree with you.

At least in midgard the majority of the times people do Draco several times with 3fg, so everything will get something. (So At least you will get 1000 draco scales = 18p)

CorNokZ

Yeah if you're lucky enough that the leader doens't run off with all the loot. Toggers went to several raids on alb and never got a thing as far as I know

I cba spending my time on ML10 as it's a grindfest and you are not guaranteed anything you need or anything good

18p can get you fuck all these days. My Molvik templates costs way more than that

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah if you're lucky enough that the leader doens't run off with all the loot. Toggers went to several raids on alb and never got a thing as far as I know

I cba spending my time on ML10 as it's a grindfest and you are not guaranteed anything you need or anything good

18p can get you fuck all these days. My Molvik templates costs way more than that

with a proper setup of groups, you can kill 2 dracos in 1 hour, so its not a waste of time imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom