1.68b !!!

nol

Fledgling Freddie
omg, the encyclopedia that is glottis arrives to foul up the thread...

Yay Mythic, at fucking last you give bards a measure of a hope in competing with the multitude of determination groups running around.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Tahn said:
stop QQing sorc cc >>>>>>>>>>>>> all

AEmezz,Aeroot,4x Stats debuffs, Resist debuffs Pet,Quickcast,SingleRoot,SingleMezz,high dex,Lifetaps,Demezz,UberRange,Speed,Casteable Amnesia.............. all in one class not like we need more spells :eek:

PD:hi lofff ^^

I bet my pants you would give a finger in exchange for Disease :wub:

Aussie

Banned
and don't forget, you deserve moc because the other 2 CC classes have that!

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Aussie said:
and don't forget, you deserve moc because the other 2 CC classes have that!
thats actually true ;p now givf root cos other 2 have too ;p and scale cuz healor has! and qc cos sorc has! and and and ;>

no, to b real if only sorc had moc would b fine, but either strip it of helaers or giv it to bards too ^^ neway :fluffle: aussito

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
bards who heal a lot need a swift kick in the bollocks. Oh, and thats only Druids and bards now who have MOC in hib. Shammies + Healers have it in mid, friars and clerics in alb. So thats 2 in each realm. Oh, and lets add to that, clerics have the best overall healing than any other healing class in the game anyway.

Oh and mentalist no? Giving hib 3 MoC healers

I can't see any justification for giving the Bard MoC, it's not needed. All it means is they can heal they're group more and they can also counter anyone interrupting their PB box by spamming mez on the interupter. They really don't need it

Talifer

Exioce

Part of the furniture
MoC will be a luxury for only the highest realm rank bards, very rarely do you need to MoC purely for mezzing purposes, and they don't have to ae lul/spread heal when the shit hits the fan (you have CC immune pets on you) against strong PBAE groups.

Tahn

One of Freddy's beloved
I bet my pants you would give a finger in exchange for Disease

yes, always wanted to run around farting :kissit:

pd:tenta abre el msn :<

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Talifer said:

I can't see any justification for giving the Bard MoC, it's not needed. All it means is they can heal they're group more and they can also counter anyone interrupting their PB box by spamming mez on the interupter. They really don't need it

Talifer

if a bard could spec 50, 50, 50, 50, 50 I might agree but it can't so I don't.

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
Really. Im lmao irl.

Actually Im not, I lie. All these cocks talking about bard doesnt need MoC.. Have you ever played a bard? I doubt you even have the skills to play a bard tbh.

Anyway.. Bard Heals in rvr? Lol. Ok, maybe I get to heal vs a SUCKY group. But im usually busy.
Bard is expected to do so much in rvr like
  • Lead a group
  • Pan and look for enemies
  • Land mez first
  • Get end song up before you're interrupted
  • keep healers/mages busy with luls/dds/mez's
  • stay alive

Now lets see, tell me ONE class that has to do all that in mid or alb?

.......... silence.. Because there isnt.
Pac healer leads a mid group, all he has to worry about is getting his insta off on the bard then mez the rest of the group. He has 2 other healers to support him and shaman with his end BUFF.
Mincer leads in 'clever' alb setups, he has to stun bard I guess, or interrupt him. Sorc is at the back of the group well hidden with his bolt range mez and high dex. Sorc needs to worry about Mezzing and lulling. Loads to do there. Now theres the paladin. Insta chant, pretty simple class.

Because bard is required to do so much on his/her own I think MoC is completely justified. Try and get end song up with 1 shaman spamming you with spells, or a sorc, or any class meleeing you or using spells. Its close to impossible most of the time. MoC eliminates that - and yes its true, dont argue with me, MoC will work with end song.

Tank group without end song, or a bard = dead. Bard has so many issues which you simpletons just cant comprehend. Go play Bard for more than 5minutes then come back and talk to me kthx.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Talifer said:

Talifer

lol

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Talifer --I LOVE MENTALISTS-- said:
Talifer
I fell off my chair when I read this, you my friend, are a true JOKE.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Gargo said:
  • Lead a group
  • Land mez first
  • stay alive

MoC will barely help at all with the jobs you have on this list.
You've got to be in pretty dire straits to MoC purely for mezz or end regen, so I'd be surprised if more than 5 bards on the server have enough rsp to justify getting it

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Exioce said:
You've got to be in pretty dire straits to MoC purely for mezz or end regen, so I'd be surprised if more than 5 bards on the server have enough rsp to justify getting it

gives bards a nice chance now to get some good interupts off against healer/shammies/sorcs tho, like if getting spammed they can moc and interupt healers etc when mages are taking a lot of damage, giving druids/mages free time to cast a bit.

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Does str/con debuff breaks mezz on pets, and does GP remove that mezz too ?
Does sorcs debuff only matter if specced high body and with wizzys ?
Does 10 % xtra resist on mezz means anything in rvr ?
Does QC means anything anymore with toa comming ?
Does CASTABEL lifetaps mean anything in rvr for a cc, which btw is prime target.
Only thing sorc got which matters is the second type of cc, root and
the pet if you dont die to fast to use.

Does, insta dd, insta ae lul, speed 5, access to IP, melee ability, end regen ability, healing ability, armor !, group resist buffs(mezz reduction here too), resurrect, cures not to mention 1,5 spec point means anything ?

lol, you know str/con debuff is instant, he can use it instantly after GP ?
QC means anything with ToA comming, as u can cast while interrupted..
Castable lifetap means as much as bard heals.....
40% mezz reduction on sorc is very nice, pet is nice, str debuff etc is nice.
So root aint the only thing which matters..
And lol at the abilities for bard you mentioned, looks like a joke...

MoC for bards will be nice in zerg fights etc, when they are chain-interrupted. Not as usefull fg vs fg.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Glottis said:
As long as Albs cannot compete with Hibernia or Midgard, yes, it is stupid.
And sure you can have bolt mezz, as soon as the bard wears cloth...
Regards, Glottis :eek:
lol.. Alb/excal cant compete because its full of 10 year old brats who havent even started puberty yet. Maybe its your fault you suck and not you class.:flame:

Someone hand this guy a Cluepon please.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Gargo said:
Really. Im lmao irl.

Actually Im not, I lie. All these cocks talking about bard doesnt need MoC.. Have you ever played a bard? I doubt you even have the skills to play a bard tbh.

Anyway.. Bard Heals in rvr? Lol. Ok, maybe I get to heal vs a SUCKY group. But im usually busy.
  • Lead a group
  • Land mez first
  • stay alive

Now lets see, tell me ONE class that has to do all that in mid or alb?

.......... silence.. Because there isnt.
Pac healer leads a mid group, all he has to worry about is getting his insta off on the bard then mez the rest of the group. He has 2 other healers to support him and shaman with his end BUFF.
Mincer leads in 'clever' alb setups, he has to stun bard I guess, or interrupt him. Sorc is at the back of the group well hidden with his bolt range mez and high dex. Sorc needs to worry about Mezzing and lulling. Loads to do there. Now theres the paladin. Insta chant, pretty simple class.

Because bard is required to do so much on his/her own I think MoC is completely justified. Try and get end song up with 1 shaman spamming you with spells, or a sorc, or any class meleeing you or using spells. Its close to impossible most of the time. MoC eliminates that - and yes its true, dont argue with me, MoC will work with end song.

Tank group without end song, or a bard = dead. Bard has so many issues which you simpletons just cant comprehend. Go play Bard for more than 5minutes then come back and talk to me kthx.

hehe giv palas det5 and we r equals on the end issue :D coz full lenght mezzed pala=no end for 1 min :)

ohh btw how often does u face an alb grp in an open landscape?
lets no times unless u got gimped driver!! sure bards need moc but ill think some other classes need some more love b4 bards.. like friars there atm r the most sucky class for rvr!! we cant even solo due to no shield, wearing leather and low hp.
tell me another tank/hybrid from any realm there cant solo? nope u cant :) okay maybe abit offtopic but hey it r FH :D

Aussie

Banned
emma said:
lol.. Alb/excal cant compete because its full of 10 year old brats who havent even started puberty yet. Maybe its your fault you suck and not you class.:flame:
it looks like you talk about your sb, am i right?

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Lejemorder said:
hehe giv palas det5 and we r equals on the end issue :D coz full lenght mezzed pala=no end for 1 min :)

lets no times unless u got gimped driver!! sure bards need moc but ill think some other classes need some more love b4 bards.. like friars there atm r the most sucky class for rvr!! we cant even solo due to no shield, wearing leather and low hp.
tell me another tank/hybrid from any realm there cant solo? nope u cant :) okay maybe abit offtopic but hey it r FH :D

bard's end dont work during mezz/stun either fyi... i think u got the upperhand there.. only thing working for bards there is 10pts purge.

i think friars can solo well.. depends on the player (does in most cases with non-fotm classes)

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:

I have seen a few friars that do solo and do it very well and as 4 det 4 pallys lmao might as well take armsman out off the game if they ever got det as it is arms have been replaced by mercs as main damage dealer in a grp and cant offer what a pally can as a slam bot due to no end regen.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
bard's end dont work during mezz/stun either fyi... i think u got the upperhand there.. only thing working for bards there is 10pts purge.

i think friars can solo well.. depends on the player (does in most cases with non-fotm classes)
okay that i meant was that all other hybrids w/o det (coz if u got det no need for soloing.. okay know ppl like kagato do it :D) can solo better then friars... but it r with friars with all other nodet tanks they need some more love from mysthic :D
friars could use a more grp freindly RA then Reflex attack. like a huge boost to grp dmg on a 30 min timer and ofc cost 14 :)

and ill also think sorc need a better RA then there aoe dot on a CC-class o_O maybe a counter to baod (just a thought) :D

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
Never said MoC would help with them all, but it sure as hell helps with mez/end issues and i'd sure as hell use it vs a good group when end song is hard to get up or I need to keep those healers busy.
Fact is bard has a lot to do aswell as a lot of issues against it, MoC helps even the tide.. a litte.

phandaal

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:

Someone hand this guy a Cluepon please.
Maybe you are an unskilled retard with an overpowered class

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Glottis said:
As long as Albs cannot compete with Hibernia or Midgard, yes, it is stupid.
And sure you can have bolt mezz, as soon as the bard wears cloth...
Regards, Glottis :eek:

Aye, because cloth has so much to say when they are gonna mezz. Not like they are able to mezz when they are in combat anyway.

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

irl

:cheers:

u are comedy my friend

I guess my post flew a good 3ft above your head. When you've regain your composure I'll elaborate for you and the other numpties who followed your example.

My post was a direct reply to the justification that a bard should have MoC to even out main healers across realms. This is very isolated reasoning, I opted to point this out, obviously a little to subtly for most of you. While Albion has 2 healing classes, both of which can have MoC, Hibernia has 4 healing classes, 3 of which can gain spec heals and 2 of which can have MoC. In my opinion this gives an advantage to Hibernia and does not justify MoC for bards. Unfortunately this isolation seems to be the only justification Mythic used to give the bard MoC. Let's look at the other effects. The bard has instant mez and instant aoe mez, therefore there's no reason to give bards MoC for mezzing. With healing and mezzing out we are left with songs, I don't know whether MoC will effect songs while in combat if it doesn't then there's no need for MoC if it does then it has 2 more implications. It give Hibernia a permenant source of endurance barring death, leaving Albion as the only realm without permenant endurance, in my opinion all realms endurance should be interruptable. It would also give the bard a weaker personal SoS, being hit would not slow the bard down and being snared at speed 5 is probably not significant.

So again, in my opinion, bards do not need MoC. Just because the healer is overpowered does not mean we have to bring other classes up to match it.

Talifer

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Talifer said:
I guess my post flew a good 3ft above your head. When you've regain your composure I'll elaborate for you and the other numpties who followed your example.

My post was a direct reply to the justification that a bard should have MoC to even out main healers across realms. This is very isolated reasoning, I opted to point this out, obviously a little to subtly for most of you. While Albion has 2 healing classes, both of which can have MoC, Hibernia has 4 healing classes, 3 of which can gain spec heals and 2 of which can have MoC. In my opinion this gives an advantage to Hibernia and does not justify MoC for bards. Unfortunately this isolation seems to be the only justification Mythic used to give the bard MoC. Let's look at the other effects. The bard has instant mez and instant aoe mez, therefore there's no reason to give bards MoC for mezzing. With healing and mezzing out we are left with songs, I don't know whether MoC will effect songs while in combat if it doesn't then there's no need for MoC if it does then it has 2 more implications. It give Hibernia a permenant source of endurance barring death, leaving Albion as the only realm without permenant endurance, in my opinion all realms endurance should be interruptable. It would also give the bard a weaker personal SoS, being hit would not slow the bard down and being snared at speed 5 is probably not significant.

So again, in my opinion, bards do not need MoC. Just because the healer is overpowered does not mean we have to bring other classes up to match it.

Talifer

I run the most popular spec for a bard which is 47 music, 43 nurture and 16 regrow. In keep takes, if the druid is aggro'd by guards, I use my group heal for one purpose, to pull aggro. The heal itself is worthless(33h), to the extent that it can suck a mana bar dry without even healing to the top.

If I heal, I heal with my biggest heal which is a 145h 3.2 sec cast which can get pushed down to 2 sec with mota, aug dex etc. When I heal, or cast any spell for that matter, I need to stop running(which is very stupid).

TBH, if I healing, we normally have the fight won, because it means I have acheived all my other goals in contact. Namely, I have Won, the CC battle(Most good bards use insta as a last resort because it's basically a "get mezz immune" free ticket.). On albs I might single insta the mincer before he stuns me, lull, the sorceror, then use the castable AE, which I have a much slower version of, with far less range then any sorc. Where albs have one person concentrating on one thing I have 2 people to worry about at the first contact.

If I am lucky and win, I turn, swap instruments and try start my end song, which unlike any other version of endurance in the game, takes 5 seconds to start, and is interrupted by a fly farting in Connacht. At this time I am sprinting to try get some distance between me and the assist train behind me. everytime the song gets interrupted I have to keep try to start it up. I also normally have some form of pet chasing me down. If my mezz worked, I try drag aggro into pb box.

Once I get the song started I need to turn and start looking for people to demezz, or start and interrupt cycle of my own. I look for a caster in the oppostion that is not being interupted, I use my st lull, grey thing that works one in a hundred times, or my AOE lull, which once used can't be cast again for 10 seconds. So I have to stop running and spam mezz, on both the people I am trying to interupt and the tanks charging around because the timer might be up.

When exactly do I have the time to MoC heal? If I MoC, it's to mezz, an ability which every realm except hibernia has. Or to start my end regen, once again, an ability to which every realm has, the chance to start end regen without being interupted.

Against most classes, moccing to even heal yourself is stupid.

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
You can't say Bards should have MoC just because it's not overpowered with a set Bard spec, it's like saying Dragon Fang isn't overpowered because Infiltrators could spec slash. You've chosen not to spec regrowth, not everyone does and the powergamers who'll be taking advantage of this change will adapt accordingly, plus what's wrong with taking 2 bards?

Your account of a standard fight doesn't suggest you need MoC to me either, some classes are harder to play but generally they have a much bigger impact on the fight. A Minstrel's stun has a range of 700 units and all your casters have a 1500 stun, there's no real reason that you have to deal with the minstrel on your own and even if you did your mezz is still over twice his range. But the fact is you CAN deal with this threat on your OWN without MoC, how does the sorc stop you? I'm not saying the Bard's life is easy, but I am saying it has plenty of tools to do it's job.

Now if you wanted to say that end chant should be instant, I'd say fair enough. But MoC gives much more than just end chant, the Bard just has too many instant abilities to warrant it. Like I said, yes the Healer has all this and more but I'd prefer to see the Healer toned down than the Bard raised to it's level.

Talifer

p.s. I thought amnesia interrupted even if resisted (in fact better if resisted on a non MoCing caster)? Making that single target instant VERY nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom