1.65h

B

bigchief

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Hmm

For a start, the intercept is % chance to intercept based on level of the spell used to summon the pet which increases up to Spirit Champion. Buffs on pet affect this. Most spirit masters have close to zero summoning and can't buff their pet. buffbots however do affect this as they can make the pet effectively do more per combat round and thus there is a higher chance to intercept.

Base chance for a pet to intercept on an unbuffed pet is not particularly high. I have 26 summoning, Junior is rarely in receipt of external buffs and he does not make me invulnerable to either assassins or other classes.

I think comparing it to a necro in shade form is a bit hysterical and your attempt at what a log looks like is somewhat exaggerated.

Hmm though that clearly wasnt a log I have to say in rvr (against buffed sm's admittedly) the pet does intercept rather alot. Never mind the fact it intercepts when stunned/mez'd :)

Only consilation i have is do a PA + CD and have pet intercept both stuns the SM not the pet :)

Worst thing tbh is that if u dont hit the caster it doesnt interupt .. means they get in a free one cast 'moc' .. in a sense anyway. Mez, run off some, nuke nuke nuke nuke, dead infil :( Well .. 3 is doable quite easy b4 inf gets to the sm .. a 4th is 50/50. And running = being petted :(

R

Roo Stercogburn

I think the point of having the pet intercept is to give an SM a chance in close combat situations to still deal damage. All other caster pet classes have access to ranged spells on their pets except the SM. Before this change (combined with slightly faster lifetap cast) I was merely free RP to anything and had simply stopped RvRing as SM as you really have to trust me my subclass was pretty much annhilated by resists and the various changes to RvR.

I think the problem is that many pets these days are buffed to the tits, just like their owners and that most RvR SMs are suppression spec which deals out massive damage to anything close to them.

I do agree that if the pet is mezzed or stunned it shouldn't intercept though it should if rooted and close enough to SM.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Hargh
I'm from Midgard and fine with it. More love to skalds and thanes and nerf savages even more. Anything to encourage diversity in groups. IF it could be acheived to get 8 different types to make the perfect RvR group then I would cheer.

Oh and in answer to whether it will demoralise americans - I don't care. If it will demoralise english servers and have ppl leave midgard - no chance.

LAxe was a worse nerf x20 and we still cane it in RvR and have pretty good server population.

LOL your too funny ..more diversity..sure go out and get farmed I'm sure you will love it . Will it demoralise english servers..ofcourse it will you fool , and if you dont think so then you just plain stupid..ohhh yes the LA nerf yes it was a bigger nerf , and yes we got over it ( nope we didnt in the stealther war we still loosing big time there ) BUT WHY ..because those peopel made savages instead...now what melee classes are left for fast dmg... Skalds or thanes in your diverse group LOL ... Well I guesse in the end you will be right.. when all the rest of us have left the game , all the whiners can run around in there mix'd pick up groups and kill each other.. at that time I'll be playing a different game thats for freaking sure

P

PJS

Hmm

For a start, the intercept is % chance to intercept based on level of the spell used to summon the pet which increases up to Spirit Champion. Buffs on pet affect this. Most spirit masters have close to zero summoning and can't buff their pet. buffbots however do affect this as they can make the pet effectively do more per combat round and thus there is a higher chance to intercept.

Base chance for a pet to intercept on an unbuffed pet is not particularly high. I have 26 summoning, Junior is rarely in receipt of external buffs and he does not make me invulnerable to either assassins or other classes.

I think comparing it to a necro in shade form is a bit hysterical and your attempt at what a log looks like is somewhat exaggerated.

Nope it actually happened, me lvl 35 fully sc shade in bg3 vs blue con sm, I may have hit him with an offhand once but the pet intercepted everything til he got away. It was near ck so I think I was full of arrows at this point.

I have no problem with the pets intercepting however I dont think from stealth critical strike attacks should be interceptable and they shouldnt be able to intercept again so quickly or chain intercept.

I laughed at the time, blue con mage invulnerable to a stealther, funny stuff.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Lovely the US Servers will be patched with that soon

WOOHOO no more savage only groups with one healer running round owning everything

nope soon you will be looking forward to fighting mob's only...maybe a lone hib or silly thane who think ever group should have one , and if not the class they picked instead should be nerfed...god I hope they launch WOW , DE , or Darkfall soon..
Then all you freaking whiners can play with your self....

R

Roo Stercogburn

Edit: was responding to the quote which at first had no comments by PJS undernead then cleared this post.

Well all I can say PJS is that I've never had a blanket series of intercepts on Junior, though as I said, Junior usually only has the buffs from my Summoning spec line as I don't have a buffbot.

I know I'm biased but I disagree that there should be no chance to intercept from stealth. I think thats just a case of assassins wanting it all their own way in every fight against casters. Its worth being reminded thats its not a guaranteed intercept but it does add an element of danger.

T

Tesla Monkor

I said eight servers with Midgard on /level 30. That's half the available servers. Actually, it should be 9. Trist is so empty they deserve /level 30 too, but Mythic has stopped adding the /level command. (Maybe they finally figured out it doesn't help much.)

As for the example Xest gives, he plays on one of the two mid-dominated servers (of 16 possible US servers). And those are losing players all the time as well according to people playing there. Maybe they're exaggerating, but honestly, do you expect people to actually move to Midgard with the continuing stream of nerfs?

The symbolic boosts to Skalds and Thanes won't affect that. The Runemaster love is non-existant. (Runemasters get some of their spells on 3s, instead of 4s casttime. If Mythic had bothered to even look at that class they'd known that that spell was already at 3s casttime. Doh.)

People say 'Yeh, but Prydwen is balanced.'. A few patches ago yes. It's already starting to slip - looking at the US patch is like looking into the future and knowing that that trainwreck is going to occur here too and not being able to do anything about it.

I love Midgard, but I see darker and darker clouds forming above our heads.

S

Solid

Well the Couch is open to all Tesla, come pay me a visit, I am very persuasive, and you can tell em all about your problems :D

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Ottar
> just have to chose to use their buffs carefully and not just
> stack every single one for every single fight.

You assume we already didnt? Why? Also, savagery line contains 7 buffs. 2 of those are used each fight. 3rd one is used almost every fight. Rest are situational.

If a savage would use all of his buffs in every fight as you suggested, then according to the same formula, "fixed" hp loss over 90 seconds would be 4830 hp. Thats not counting occasional endurance heals. More than twice the total buffed hp of that same savage.

You apparently assume savages out there are idiots. And nerf being neceessary to teach how to play our class. Yer a thane right? May I return courtesy and suggest Call of Mjollnir line to be changed so it uses health instead of power, 500hp per pop. To teach you guys to not break mez.

Ottar
Well seeing as most non FOTM savages don't seme to have a huge problem with the buff changes and I don't know of anyone who doesn't admit that the savage as it stands is overpowered...
A hybrid with tank RA's and the best defence and offensive output in all the game?
Yeah a lot of people will whine that they no longer have the most uber class, but any uber class needs reworking.
As for the hammers, it's a moot point as they have little or no use outside of PvE and keep raids.....

I'm assuming the buffs used are the evade and the uber dps add. With the best evade in the game to start with this could probably be used occasionally in battle rather than all the time...

P

PJS

I know I'm biased but I disagree that there should be no chance to intercept from stealth. I think thats just a case of assassins wanting it all their own way in every fight against casters. Its worth being reminded thats its not a guaranteed intercept but it does add an element of danger.

Maybe thats fair but it doesnt make sense to me. If I put an invisible knife to your throat how does the pet get in the way before I cut you with it?

S

Staan

heh.

well you know i have my own vision bout melee class in DAoC. So, imo a pure tank (warrior, armsman, hero) should be able to kill any light tanks in a 1v1 fight given the same realm rank and stuff, unbuffed.

so, hero and armsman should be able to kill a savage and atm its not the case. the bloody savages just evade most of strikes and good luck to get a slam in a duel against such a great evading mofo. you can get lucky if you block and do a reactive stun with a shield attack then if the savage is low rr he don't have high det and lets say .. get 2 or 3 swing in his back.

that was also the case for the zerk, not about evading ... but frontal damage. the zerk was able to deal such damage it was insane. now since 1.62 zerk are no longer fotm killingeverthingonsight, if they got catch by a pure tank in a fight they die.

why ? because the zerk is a light tank and deal exellent damage while on side of an enemy (and i'd like to point, the zerk is still dealing an huge amount of damage while on rat mode, ofc if you are mezzed .. its kinda useless, but thats more something to do with luck than anything else) but don't stand a chance against a pure tank melee.

i don't know if you see my point, warrior, armsman and hero are main tanks; merc, bm, zerk, savages are all on /assist and deal the damages while tanks on both side are there to get the most damage as possible.

but the problem (thats just my opinion) mythic shouldn't have gave to midgard another light tank/damage dealer. we should have gotten an hybrid like albion with the reaver and hib with the vw, (yea yea, you gonna tell me savage are hybrid because they have self buff, but heh wtf then? savage do more damage than a warrior or thane, so .. they don't belong in the hybrid class .. but in the light tanks/damage dealer)

like an hybrid with a sort of regen mana (chant or non-conc buff, like the sorc or mentalist ), wich midgard lack of. we just got the pac healer for pom.

and yes i do think savage are a fucked class and i play in midgard. the savage is just wrong ... c'mon ... that troll 2handed swing his hammer speed 5.5 faster than a warrior using 1h speed 2.4 (with healer celerity buff). yea i wouldn't mind if the savage was dealing less damage than a zerk or a warrior using a 2 handed weapon but he does more.
h2h is jsut fine for me, thats the perfect "side based damage dealer" very poor anytime, some very nice evade/parry reactive combo and extrem side based combo. if they want to be effective they got to put all of these in their QB and use their brain and be quick.

why o why they gave savage the ability to use 2 handed weapons :S thats even against their "background" ... kelgor and stuff.

bah nerf typo :( i'm too lazy to correct all the grammar :> forgive me.

H

Hargh

Damon_D I think you got the wrong end of the stick there and I have to say if anyone is whining it's you. I'm agreeing with the patch. Or at least it's intention.

H

Hargh

Originally posted by PJS
If I put an invisible knife to your throat how does the pet get in the way before I cut you with it?

Because you aren't meant to be invisible, you are just sneaking up on the caster and the pets spots you.

R

Roo Stercogburn

PJS, an ever vigilant undead guard should be something of a challenge.

But there again... stealth shouldn't really be invisibility with impunity either ;)

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by Damon_D
nope soon you will be looking forward to fighting mob's only...maybe a lone hib or silly thane who think ever group should have one , and if not the class they picked instead should be nerfed...god I hope they launch WOW , DE , or Darkfall soon..
Then all you freaking whiners can play with your self....

TRUE!

D

Damon_D

Well you cared enough too post you didnt care..aint that ironic...

/salutes the moron

S

Staan

now i'm starting to understand the reason why, mythic don't have forum on their website and why goa whiped out their forum :)

C

chretien

LOL your too funny ..more diversity..sure go out and get farmed I'm sure you will love it . Will it demoralise english servers..ofcourse it will you fool , and if you dont think so then you just plain stupid..ohhh yes the LA nerf yes it was a bigger nerf , and yes we got over it ( nope we didnt in the stealther war we still loosing big time there ) BUT WHY ..because those peopel made savages instead...now what melee classes are left for fast dmg... Skalds or thanes in your diverse group LOL ... Well I guesse in the end you will be right.. when all the rest of us have left the game , all the whiners can run around in there mix'd pick up groups and kill each other.. at that time I'll be playing a different game thats for freaking sure
Put a different record on Damon please! Mid have had the most nerfs recently cos Mythic messed up realm balance badly. It's not about sharing the nerfs equally across the realm it's about making the realms balanced with each other. If one realm is overpowered then that realm is going to get nerfed.
As far as demoralising players goes, the one thing that would stop me as a new player from choosing Midgard wouldn't be the recent patch history (like a new player is going to read all of those anyhow), but people like you bitching that their classes aren't uberwtfpwnz0r anymore. I'm a Paladin with effective 71 shield spec, fully SCed gear and even buffed I'm lucky to stand more than 3 hits against a savage - you can't tell me that's reasonable?
Waiting for the Launch of WOW , DE or Darkfall , so I can quit this freaking game of whiners....
Oh the irony..

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by chretien
Put a different record on Damon please! Mid have had the most nerfs recently cos Mythic messed up realm balance badly. It's not about sharing the nerfs equally across the realm it's about making the realms balanced with each other. If one realm is overpowered then that realm is going to get nerfed.
As far as demoralising players goes, the one thing that would stop me as a new player from choosing Midgard wouldn't be the recent patch history (like a new player is going to read all of those anyhow), but people like you bitching that their classes aren't uberwtfpwnz0r anymore. I'm a Paladin with effective 71 shield spec, fully SCed gear and even buffed I'm lucky to stand more than 3 hits against a savage - you can't tell me that's reasonable?
Oh the irony..

/salutes the moron and hopes he enjoy's killing mob's...

S

svartmetall

The most annoying thing for Savages, actually, is this utterly cretinous 15 second selfbuff duration. Which will make it very fiddly to play in any kind of intense mosh...

Oh, and tests are under way on Pendragon ATM...there is some evidence to suggest that the base cost of Savagery may have been raised, which would make soloing Savages unbearable - our downtime due to selfbuff-induced HP loss was already very bad.

F

Falcon

As for the example Xest gives, he plays on one of the two mid-dominated servers (of 16 possible US servers). And those are losing players all the time as well according to people playing there. Maybe they're exaggerating, but honestly, do you expect people to actually move to Midgard with the continuing stream of nerfs?
Yes but the point is it's a mid dominated server despite being vastly undermanned in comparison. I've yet to see a server where Hibernia is both undermanned yet still totally dominating the server. I certainly know plenty who are rolling chars in Midgard also, I'm one for starters :p

Midgard has been pretty powerful since day 1, they had a lot of advantages from the beginning, the problem is a lot of the original Mid players have grown used to that and think it's the norm, that they own not because they're overpowered but beleive the other realms just happen to be full of bad players. It's not the case, Midgard just has superior classes to most, it's arguable now with the debuff nerfs and so on that even SMs are better than the oh-so-great Enchanter, because at least SMs have a chance to do something when they have a tank on them in Dark Age of Tankalot.

Even with this nerf savages are still the best tank choice really, I guess if you want a tank with a lot of longevity the hero still holds the crown, AP, IP, Moose, Tank HPs, Sheild spec and so on but there's nothing in Hib or Alb that can or will be able to do the kind of damage a savage can do, and that's how it was with the zerker.

It's rediculous to try and claim any of the current nerfs put Midgard under par compared to other realms equivalent classes so at worst they've been left on an equal footing, therefore there's really nothing to whine about unless, you don't like the fact that your class just isn't the best there is anymore. It's like the SBs that whine about how gimped they are now, as if their weapskill has been nerfed or something when in fact all that's been nerfed is their LA styles, if they use crit strike styles or weap spec styles they're in just as good a situation as other assassins. Too many of the same people conveniently forget that SM pets got uber intercept, bonedancers got a better DD nuke despite being an uber-class already.

As I said, I'm playing a FotM savage and have been for a few weeks now and I'm not sad about the nerf, I'm happy to see it. The only thing it does mean is I can't now go wtfpwn solo, I have to rely on groups more if I want to use the buffs but hey, I expected to see a nerf. Half the classes I play get nerfed so I guess I'm not new to it either mind you, hmm, maybe I should go roll a bonedancer <evil grin> :p

O

old.Emma

All i can say is i hope the Savage nurfs aren`t that bad. messed around with my 32 Savage on pendragon and it was .... mmmm interesting to say the least.

Buff duration is defenatly too short now.

Just pray mythic dont destroy another class because i very much doubt people will bother to roll Warriors to be 100% effective in RvR. Atleast i made the good choice and switched realms.

The one thing midgard needs now is a moral boost and the only way i can see that happening is:

1. Class's that have needed love for a long time, get it.
2. Another realm gets a major nurf to a popular class.

C

chretien

/salutes the moron and hopes he enjoy's killing mob's...
Damon why do you bother joining in a discussion if all you're going to contribute is calling people who don't agree with you morons?
That's really quite sad and most kids grew out of that phase in primary school.

H

Hargh

Lonewolf that Arnold from Dif'rent Strokes pic had me laughing out loud at work. Fortunately my colleagues /autodismissed me as a moron who would be an RP cow.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by chretien
Damon why do you bother joining in a discussion if all you're going to contribute is calling people who don't agree with you morons?
That's really quite sad and most kids grew out of that phase in primary school.
He may well still be in primary school, Chretien :D...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom