Sharma

Savages got nerfed.

I always said i would do this.

Hahaha.

D

Danya

Originally posted by horsma
cry me a river...
can you honestly say that savage's dont need nerf?
And yes, my main char is in midgard.
Horsma is stlong skald. And one of the few mids speaking sense. ;)

T

thegreatest

No. Just now think twice where to use the savagery abbilities instead of like before a buffed savage spamming evadeuberbuffs4tehwin! with very minimum hp loss (when you used the buffs before it looked at your hp unbuffed, so this is more a bugfix than a nerf imo)

:eek:

O

Ottar

> No.

No what?

> Just now think twice where to use the savagery abbilities instead
> of like before

For a person with about 80k rp worth of RvR experience, you sure as hell have loud if rather vague opinions about how other people play their classes.

Oh, and apparently the 230% increase in selfbuff cost was underestimation. Apparently its closer to 250% The buff-cost values somehow got rounded to 5% for last tier buffs. So, maintaining only both offensive buffs will now cost 20% of total hp for every 30 seconds. 30% if you add evade.

Tests on mobs show around 10% damage decrease on mobs with 2h weapon. Due to nature of dps buffs, that value will depend alot on target af. Unshielded casters will still die quickly, anything with high af (like the same caster with BoF up) or someone in plate armor and af buffs will make 2h savage lose hp from selfbuffs faster than he would gain from those buffs.

How much dps decrease exactly was the h2h nerf that went up eariler, I dont know yet.

Ottar

M

mavericky

I wont comment on whether savages needed a nerf of not.

What is really bad is that it is another midgard nerf on a already demorilised and underpopulated (in the US) realm. IF the nerf is enough to make the savages that we have quit in the same way that the zerkers all did, then the problems facing midgard will become even worse.

At the end of the day the game is only fun in RvR as all realms have other people to fight, there will be no fun having one realm with little or no pressence out there.

Mythic really should of either tested classes harder before release of SI, or, rather than nerfing, thought of ways to defend alb/hib/mid groups from the /assist style of game play that has suited the savages so well.

I can only hope that the forthcoming masters levels in ToA dont screw the game up completly too

H

Hargh

I'm from Midgard and fine with it. More love to skalds and thanes and nerf savages even more. Anything to encourage diversity in groups. IF it could be acheived to get 8 different types to make the perfect RvR group then I would cheer.

Oh and in answer to whether it will demoralise americans - I don't care. If it will demoralise english servers and have ppl leave midgard - no chance.

LAxe was a worse nerf x20 and we still cane it in RvR and have pretty good server population.

C

case-rigantis

i`m sure most of the people here can`t have actually ever played midgard it`s hilarious hearing all the mids crying nerf and oh my god our characters are so weak

i play on mid/exc for a change atm and couldn`t beleive how powerful and well made the characters are

since with shop bought armour and weapons and with no knowedge of the classes i can virtually chain kill low oranges playing:

Skald (getting more loving :eek: )
SM (omg not overpowered at all)
Zerker
Thane(gets more loving aswell lol)

have a savage at level 22 atm so not really able to comment what i can say though is at level 22 doing 120+ damage against purple cons per hit OMFG!!

there is maybe 1 tank class in alb able to chain solo oranges at level 24 and that`s probably the paladin

mids whine loudest this thread only proves that so shut up with all your albs whining cause mid nerf as if mids don`t need a nerf

S

ssera

Originally posted by Hargh
I'm from Midgard and fine with it. More love to skalds and thanes and nerf savages even more. Anything to encourage diversity in groups. IF it could be acheived to get 8 different types to make the perfect RvR group then I would cheer.

Oh and in answer to whether it will demoralise americans - I don't care. If it will demoralise english servers and have ppl leave midgard - no chance.

LAxe was a worse nerf x20 and we still cane it in RvR and have pretty good server population.

yeah the LA nerf was bad, but people still had the chance to roll uber Savages. Now that they're gone, what are people gonna play...?

O

old.Schenton

Originally posted by ssera
yeah the LA nerf was bad, but people still had the chance to roll uber Savages. Now that they're gone, what are people gonna play...?

Well if you read the one writing over you it will be Uber Thanes and Uber Skalds. At lvl 22 he know all about Mids chars.

M

mavericky

Originally posted by case-rigantis
i`m sure most of the people here can`t have actually ever played midgard it`s hilarious hearing all the mids crying nerf and oh my god our characters are so weak

i play on mid/exc for a change atm and couldn`t beleive how powerful and well made the characters are

since with shop bought armour and weapons and with no knowedge of the classes i can virtually chain kill low oranges playing:

Zerker

have a savage at level 22 atm so not really able to comment what i can say though is at level 22 doing 120+ damage against purple cons per hit OMFG!!

there is maybe 1 tank class in alb able to chain solo oranges at level 24 and that`s probably the paladin

mids whine loudest this thread only proves that so shut up with all your albs whining cause mid nerf as if mids don`t need a nerf

Please, you are surely not trying to compare level 20 PvE to how effective a class is in end game RvR???

H

Hargh

It's true Thanes are more effective PvE.

I think the ability to "chain" orange mobs tho relies on some self healing which altho you may have with a skald to some degree, Thanes, Savages and Zerkers cannot do. SMs, I imainge you are saying a summon SM, and thus he will run out of power v fast and have to regen.

Maybe he means virtually as in he can't. I don't know.

H

Hyuga Hinata

Originally posted by case-rigantis

Zerker

Good thing that lvl 20 PvE isn't the same as lvl 50 RvR then eh?
Tell you what, take the Skald and Thane out in RvR at around lvl 45-46 or even 50 for that matter, and let us know then how many people you manage to solo eh?

R

Roo Stercogburn

One of the commonly forgotten things about Midgard having stronger classes or classes with more utility is that we have a smaller number of classes than any other realm so you do get individually stronger/wider utility classes from time to time. I'm not talking about whether savages are overpowered or not, just in general.

I don't play any melee classes (to any reasonable level) so cannot comment on the effects of the savage nerf in gameplay.

The tally of Midgard classes getting some kind of nerf in the patches leading to 1.65 is definately on the rise and for those that can be bothered to join the dots that means a higher percentage of players than it would be in other realms getting nerfed as we have, as I said, less classes in realm.

Just something to think about.

R

Roo Stercogburn

On subject of SMs, I suspect an SM with Serenity 2 and MCL1+ or Raging Power could chain oranges regardless of spec. I have Serenity 1 and MCL1 and can chain yellows. (hehe my downtime is usually more due to chatting to peeps than anything - if you see me taking my ease amongst the skrats it usually means I've ended up sorting something out before I go back to relieving them of their ill-gotten gains :D)

My pull technique is:

Load Summoning staff.
Cast Realm castable damage shield on Junior
Load Darkness staff.
Pull mob with spirit debuff, while casting send Junior.
Let Junior get it to about 75% health.
Nuke with lifetap twice.
Mob agroes me and stops hitting Junior, and foolishly tries to get to me. This saves damage on Junior and hence power from having to heal.
Junior finishes it off before it gets to me, or I give it one last thwack with staff to say nightnight.
Load Summoning staff.
Heal Junior if needed.
Next :D

Given that both the damage shield and debuffs are getting nerfed in these patches I'm not entirely sure how this affects me as its I'm still not sure of which debuffs get messed up and the exact effects of the FDS nerf on yellow con mobs. You can see this pull technique depends on 2 of the things that may be hit in that patch.

N

nerve

Originally posted by -Nxs-
60 sec pets will rock - expect that to be nerfed before 1.65 goes final :) same with the necro changes, well im not leveling my earth theurg of SC-ing my necro armour just yet.

Pfffft, as long as they don't give necro's ANY working means of reducing mez (determination and purge don't transfer at the moment) they can keep giving 'love' to necro's as much as they want. That 500 CON, 500 STR, 500 DEX pet will still be staring around waiting to be slaughtered in RvR, just like before...

GIVZ WORKING DET and GIVZ WoRKING PURGE DAMMIT!

The only thing patch 1.65 does for necro's is make em even better PvE toons/PL'ers/Farmers.

O

Ottar

> Anything to encourage diversity in groups.

If you think savage nerf is going to achieve that, you are mistaken. Once again, look at what happened with 1.62 - after berserkers left the building, the number of classes you commonly see in balanced rvr groups increased? Nope, the opposite happened.

Quite aside from basically removing berserkers as a class from the picture, it caused necessity of even more ruthlessly optimized ganksquads.

Look at current rp statistics. Albion and Midgard are pretty much tied - Mids are actually 3% ahead atm. Then look at top 100 rp earners for last week. What you would expect is similar divide - same number of albs and mids on it. In reality, over half the people in top 100 are from Midgard.

Standard way to interpret that data would be of course that mids are obviously overpowered and/or have no life. That however does not explain why -overall- weekly rp gains for realms are almost equal.

What this data actually means is when compared to Albion significantly larger portion of Midgard weekly rp's come from few people that run in balanced rvr guilds/groups. It also means, the average joes in random groups gain less rp's and die more than they do in Albion. Predictably enough, that tendency became -much- more pronounced just about after 1.62 hit Europe and berserkers started leaving. If savage nerf will prove to have similar effect on yet another Midgard class, the obvious group solutions would be MM style pbaoe or warrior-only melee ganksquads. Instead of groups where melee is 2 savages, skald and a warrior, you will start seeing skald+3-warrior groups. Diversity this is not.

Ottar

O

old.moriath

the only thing this patch means is the the fotm'ers will have to find a new toy to lvl and we have to put up with 4 months of savage whines from the same ppl who whined about zerkers getting nerf'd. As if whining here will do anything to change it.

Nothing more nothing less.

H

Hargh

How about savage and zerker with similar damage output and warrior and thane used for shield purposes whilst also dishing damage?
I never said that increasing the health drain on savages and altering their 2H damage WOULD increase diversity, rather I would like to see ANYTHING tried to achieve it. Hell, move Celerity to Shammys and boost their healing, give Stun to Runies and remove from Healers, anything to get away from 2 class domination.

P

PJS

Roll on 1.65

oh and while we're at it. SM's are taking the piss atm. They may as well be necros in shade form while their pet is alive.

You target spiritmaster
You perform your Perforate Artery perfectly
Pet steps in front and takes the blow
You hit pet for xxx damage
You perform your Garotte perfectly
You hit pet for xx damage
You perform your Achilles Heel perfectly

Isnt there a timer on intercept when it fires til it can be used again? Shouldnt the pet have the same timer limitation or remove the timer from players also?

L

-Lonewolf-

Lovely the US Servers will be patched with that soon

WOOHOO no more savage only groups with one healer running round owning everything

F

Falcon

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
I mean, look at the Midgard servers in the US. Over HALF of them are already /level 30 and have serious player issues. And the nerfs continue regardless.
Funny you should mention that, I've rolled a savage on Galahad, a /level 30 realm and just last week they had 5 relics and could've easily taken the 6th if they'd wanted, not only that but two times in one week they were able to take EVERY keep in all frontiers. A /level 30 realm that can cause that much damage has to say something about Midgard.

This savage nerf isn't really going to change a lot, the buffs lasting less time just makes it easier for the healers in the group to heal up twice in 30 secs than if they had to heal double duration and thus double hp loss buffs once at 30secs. H2H is still rediculously powerful so boo-fucking-hoo if my 2h hand damage is only going to drop as low as H2H damage.

Even after these changes one things for sure, Savages still have the best offence and defence of any tank, the only difference now is they pay more of an hp penalty for it.

It's going to take a lot more than the current changes to balance savages, and there's still bonedancers to go yet before Midgards even beginning to approach balanced.

The constant stream of love to Albion is worrying though, they're already about where things should be imo and if they give them too much more they're just going to end up like Midgard and have to suffer a constant stream of nerfs to bring them back into line. As for Hibernia, I think Mythic even forgot it exists so it looks like Hibs staying as is for a long while yet.

S

Solid

Savagery buffs have been taken from one extreme to another, before they cost way too little, now they cost waay to much.

How fecking hard is ti to get the damn cost right?

9% hp on 60sec buffs or 5% on 30sec buffs, its nor bloody rocket science.

Assuming highly optimised buffed Savage with 2200hp, each new 5% hp buff should cost an estimated 110hp.

A Savage spamming full complement of his common RvR spells:

Evade
Haste
DPS
Parry

SHOULD take 440 damage when fully buffed in RvR

With the reduction in buff duration, Savages will often now feel the HP loss whilst still in combat but a good Spread heal will nullify this completely so its not a major nerf, just means Savages need to spam 3-4 buttons twice as often in RvR and rely on their ehalers a little more.

Hybrid Weaopnskill on classic weapons was a weird one, Mythic cant really have the Saveg as the only class of its kind with both Pure Tank RA's and HP table and Hybrid Weaponskill and non mana pool spells.

All in all not a major nerf imo, and its reasonable, Savages WERE too effective, regardless of how well designed a class they are, other classes in all 3 realms dont match up so they will be onsidered over powered.

Honestly I think this should be the extent of Savage nerfs, they dont need any more nerfs now.

O

Ottar

> I never said that increasing the health drain on savages and altering
> their 2H damage WOULD increase diversity

You sure? What you said was, and I quote:

> I'm from Midgard and fine with it. More love to skalds and thanes
> and nerf savages even more. Anything to encourage diversity in groups.

Which part, if not the savage nerf of the abowe did you consider as encouraging diversity? Skalds will be more required in groups than they are now? Or that thanes are now somehow preferrable to warriors in groups for purposes other than keep defence?

Curiously enough, if h2h actually did get nerfed to same degree as 2h, skalds and thanes may well be first to suffer collateral damage from it. With both light tank classes nerfed, achieving sufficient damage output for a group can become quite problematic. You cant really skip on seers. Only way to pack more punch in a group would be to replace skald with 4th tank and run on healer speed+sprint. Never mind taking a determinless thane in a group that already struggles to keep up with damage. Such luxuries you could afford when you could compensate gimps with berserkers.

Ottar

H

Hargh

Yes I am sure. Read it again. The point I am making is any change away from healers and savages should be good, but will not necessarily be so.
Why is there always someone trying to be pedantic on these boards?

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Ottar
> IMO the nerf isnt big enough...

Seen the numbers coming from Pendragon? Using 3 of the last savagery buffs (dps, haste, evade), the current 30 s cycle will cost around 600 hp (buffed), which is about 230% when compared to current cost. Thats 20 hp per second, 40 hp per round assuming 2s attack cycle. Or self-damage about equivalent to damage output of a skald DDs. After they get upgraded 2nd shout and both shouts on 15s timer.

Actual logs show that average 1fg vs 1fg fight lasts somewhere around 1.5 minutes. Thats 90s. During that period, savage with 3 buffs up will sustain total self-damage of 1800 hp.

Positive effect of savagery buffs is increased damage done due to dps buff plus increased damage due to haste buff minus potential increased damage from healer Purity of Attack line haste, plus less damage taken due to evade buff.

In other words, to make it worthwhile at all to use or for that matter spec into savagery, a savage must take less and or/make more than 1800 hp more damage per fight with selfbuffs than he would have done without.. Thats the point where savagery buffs will -start- to pay off having specced 49 levels in a specline.

Too early to tell about 2h weaponskill nerf. Isnt known yet how the reduction is calculated. If its percentage-based, 2h savages might remain marginally viable. More likely tho that they just moved 2h savage to a hybrid damage table. Numbers that Ive seen so far seem to indicate a post-nerf 2h savage has about the same ws as skalds do.

So, all in all, another great victory for albion and hibernia. Keep up the good work.

Ottar

Or maybe savages will just have to chose to use their buffs carefully and not just stack every single one for every single fight.
yeah it's a nerf, but savages are overpowered and this should go a way to balance it...

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by mavericky
Please, you are surely not trying to compare level 20 PvE to how effective a class is in end game RvR???
I wish it was equatable... then at least I'd be good in RvR ;-)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by PJS
Roll on 1.65

oh and while we're at it. SM's are taking the piss atm. They may as well be necros in shade form while their pet is alive.

You target spiritmaster
You perform your Perforate Artery perfectly
You hit pet for xxx damage
You perform your Garotte perfectly
You perform your Achilles Heel perfectly

Isnt there a timer on intercept when it fires til it can be used again? Shouldnt the pet have the same timer limitation or remove the timer from players also?

Hmm

For a start, the intercept is % chance to intercept based on level of the spell used to summon the pet which increases up to Spirit Champion. Buffs on pet affect this. Most spirit masters have close to zero summoning and can't buff their pet. buffbots however do affect this as they can make the pet effectively do more per combat round and thus there is a higher chance to intercept.

Base chance for a pet to intercept on an unbuffed pet is not particularly high. I have 26 summoning, Junior is rarely in receipt of external buffs and he does not make me invulnerable to either assassins or other classes.

I think comparing it to a necro in shade form is a bit hysterical and your attempt at what a log looks like is somewhat exaggerated.

O

Ottar

> The point I am making is any change away from healers and
> savages should be good

Ah, good you clarified. You point was not readily apperant as you somehow managed to see 1.65 as facilitating class diveristy in Midgard. Which as I pointed out, it doesnt.

The sole reason balanced groups with less than half of available classes commonly present in them are so prominent in Midgard is that other class combinations do not fare nearly as well against opponents with active group ra's. It would be -so- much easier to run out with just 2, hell, even 1 healer, then maybe get a skald, fill up with random tanks or casters. Then port to Emain and go meet our dear friend Faderullan, or just any other group with at least 1 active group ra up. You should try that some time. Then come back and share with us the experience. Many have done so already. And no, before you ask, nerfing neither healers nor savages will not make that experience any prettier.

Ottar

O

Ottar

> just have to chose to use their buffs carefully and not just
> stack every single one for every single fight.

You assume we already didnt? Why? Also, savagery line contains 7 buffs. 2 of those are used each fight. 3rd one is used almost every fight. Rest are situational.

If a savage would use all of his buffs in every fight as you suggested, then according to the same formula, "fixed" hp loss over 90 seconds would be 4830 hp. Thats not counting occasional endurance heals. More than twice the total buffed hp of that same savage.

You apparently assume savages out there are idiots. And nerf being neceessary to teach how to play our class. Yer a thane right? May I return courtesy and suggest Call of Mjollnir line to be changed so it uses health instead of power, 500hp per pop. To teach you guys to not break mez.

Ottar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom