1.56b REVANGE !!! (eat that assasins)

A

Alrindel

It's a mild and gentle nerf. As archers know, the REAL nerfs are the ones they don't mention in the patch notes. When I see an infil miss me and then fumble twice in a row, I'll welcome him to the Nerfbat Beatdown. :p

As for hunters and warriors, geeze, about time. :)

O

osrim

I agree Nicolas

Rangers atleast with high lvl buffs are hard in melee too, dunno about hunters after 1.55 patch.

Only way win buffed ones post 1.55 is use weapons that have cap 1.5 sec swingtime, use buffbot and dragonfang so they cant IP as I currently see this.

Remove IP from all rogue classes, assasins should have edge in melee against other rogue classes cause we dont have decent ranged weapon? Yea.

Buffbots make big diffrence, Mythic has not yet taken this on table at all...maybe they too greedy. ;)

O

old.Iunliten

3 down, countless to go!

Heal buffert looks really nice though!

S

SFXman

Woohoo @ assassin nerfs.

But anyway, this is interesting... for the expansion client but still:

NEW INTERFACE OPTIONS FOR EXPANSION CLIENT

With 1.55b comes some new interface options for Dark Age of Camelot Expansion Shrouded Isles Client:

- You can now choose one of three interfaces ("classic", "Shrouded Isles", and "Transparent") from the options window in the main menu of the game. Classic is the original game's interface, the SI interface is a more modern looking version, and Transparent is a minimalist implementation. Please note that there are some font issues with the Transparent interface that we are currently looking into.

- There is a new window - the Command Window - which has two rows of buttons of commonly-used Camelot commands. You'll find things like "attack", "sit", "relic status" and so forth on this window. We are currently working on making these buttons drag-able to the hotbar - that will come in a near-future patch.

- There is a new "Options" window (displayed by clicking "options" from the character stat/information window). This dialog lets you specify in-game settings like sound/music/ambience/ambient music volumes, clipping plane, shadows, water settings, name-color scheme, and other methods of tweaking the game. Please note that the sound effect settings are not hooked up in this version - we'll get that working soon.

Sounds great... no more making them transperant yourself.

O

old.Hellskor

As a SB who never intended to get IP and doesn't use a Buffbot ...

I don't feel nerfed at all.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

On the healing changes, from the point of view of the Healer class (not sure how they effect Alb/Hib):

The Healer changes are pretty useless without a respec. The lowest spread heal requires a high Mend spec (30). A few people are specced to 27 in Mend - 27/27/38 MAP, but very few are specced any higher than that. As I've still got points to spend I could possibly get the lowest level spread heal, but it would cost me 8% in energy & spirit group resist buffs to do so. Also, as I've got to try to get crowd-control and celerity off at the start of a battle I'm not going to have much time for casting spread heals.

Still, it would be nice to see some high mend healers coming through (45/6/29 M/A/P would be a nice Mend Healer spec - 100% insta, 100% group insta, 2nd level spread heal, 549HP single heal, 223HP group heal and top level rez would keep a group going for quite some time).

The RA might be interesting if I've got any points to spend. On the face of it I think I'd rather have this than Perfect Recovery, as I'd rather keep people alive than rez them (and it's also cheaper).

M

Melodic

hmmm I seem to be the only one thinking that giving hunters increased melee damage AND insta cast pet = bad news. Why give them both, unless they intend their melee dmg to still be just under decent and need the pet to back it up. Those spears frigging HURT, you know :p

M

Molten Lava

Well done

WARRIOR CHANGE

In order to make the Warrior more of a melee damage-dealer, we've increased his weapon skills (again, behind the scenes, as with the Hunter) so that he will do more damage every time he hits with an Axe, Hammer, or Sword (both 1 and 2h). With this change, the Warrior now does more base damage than any other class in the game. Warriors don't need to do anything to take advantage of this change - it will happen automatically every time they hit with a weapon.

Same as they always do:
<MythicBilly> hey MythciBob, look nobody plays a cabby or a mentalist
<MythicBob> ok lets give them sum lovin'
<MythicBilly> what where you thinking off mythicBob?
<MythicBob> erhmmm wot about a......erhm.....1200 damage AOE-dot?
<MythicBilly> yeah sounds fair
<MythicBob> ok done implemented it

Same thing happend to warriors I gues..in stead of balancing they give them

<quote>more base damage than any other class in the game.</quote>

well done...

G

Gef

Doesnt feel very nerfy to me, I played a scout, that was a NERF

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
The evade change isn't that bad.

Evade 7 = 35%
dodger 5 = 15%
Dex/qui = ?%

now it's just capped at 50%, which is about equal to having evade 7, about 250 dex and low dodger. (thats assuming you have high dodger and a buffbot, if not it's no different)

nice change imo, and i play a shadowblade.

I think the formula is this:

Dex+Qui/2 - 50/20 = x%

This means that with Dex+Qui = 340 you will cap evade with Dodger III. All this is off course based on if the formula above is correct. An unbuffed lvl 50 assassin will cap evade with Dodger III.

With Dodger II you'll need dex+qui = 460+
With Dodger I you'll need dex+qui = 580+

IMO this is not a real nerf, but there is no point speccing more than dodger III with this patch.

About IP no big deal either...wasn't going for it anyway, but IMO it should be removed from all stealth classes.

H

hrorvaig

Even though i enjoy my warrior both in RvR and PvE i cant wait to get those new patches :) If im not mistaken FA2 and IP well have its costs reduced next patch for us, and now these lovely news on the upcoming patch in the US :)

K

korhal

well..

<-- still nerfed
give me some loving =))
or just give me normal speed while in camo (and lower the timer ffs)
so i will able to do R-E-A-L scouting
ffs..

D

Draylor

Finally Mythics show us their predictable answer to the "problem" of buffbots.

Dont nerf buffbots - that would lose them money. Nerf the buffbot users so that they are 'balanced' only when fully buffed.

The healing RA looks like a reason to group a buffbot and leave it on stick. Once this goes live and numbers are available we'll see what the real impact of this will be. The new heals look like a way for a healing class to keep their group alive without paying any attention at all. The interesting part will be power cost and amount healed - but its likely to make the difference between a good player and a bad player far smaller.

Guess Im just as cynical as ever.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SilverHood
look at my thane, he doesn't get evade :p

compared to warriors here ;)

Or do armsmen get lightning bolts firing out of their arses now? :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Really pleased for the hunters and warriors I know that have been wandering around dejected for a long time now. Hopefully we'll see fewer warriors propping up the bar in Jordheim and out in the frontier now introducing enemies to finely crafted Midgard metalwork.

Insta wolf, just add water. Nearly fell off my chair laughing at the idea, but it sounds really good.

As an SM got to admit slightly jealous of this - it always takes Junior ages to get out of bed in the morning, but they do say pets reflect their owner ;)

B

Belsameth

*hands Almighty Bat of NErfing +8 to mythic"
hit em again, Mythic! I know you can! :)

in other words, great changes to the assasin classes.
and possibly even better for the warrior and the hunter. I now finally have a chance to defeat them (as opposed to topling over laughing, without any chance to defend myself :p )

D

Dagalush

Originally posted by Gef
Doesnt feel very nerfy to me, I played a scout, that was a NERF

laff, scouts are still overpowered to hell and back, more nerfs needed ASAP.

oh almost forgot the caps there...
NERF SCOUTS NOW FFS!

M

Milkshake

I think the only thing I can say about this is...

Yeeeeehooooooo!!!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Dagalush
laff, scouts are still overpowered to hell and back, more nerfs needed ASAP.

oh almost forgot the caps there...
NERF SCOUTS NOW FFS!
This has to be some sick joke.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Dagalush

NERF SCOUTS NOW FFS!

if they nerf scout again that will be then kazillionth nerf they've had :(

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Generic Poster
Assassins should never have been able to solo tanks, their targets should be archers and casters. Archers should have casters and casters have tanks. Healers shouldn't be able to solo anyone.Uber.

err why shouldn't they be able to solo tanks? Thats just narrowminded.

On the ole this class kills this class thing:

nowadays tanks can easily kill casters, and casters cant easily kill tanks <nuke interupted... nuke nuke, IP nuke nuke resist nuke nuke nuke - interrupted - dead>. Tanks need nerfs :p

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by Meatballs

err why shouldn't they be able to solo tanks? Thats just narrowminded.

No its not.

In every game like this, classes have roles. Tanks (the name is a give away) wear the heaviest armour, pure meatshields. The only classes that should be capable of killing tanks in melee is other tanks. Tanks are traditionally weak to ranged attacks and spells. Assassins (especially buffbotted assassins) were so insanely powerful that they could toe to toe with the heaviest tanks in the game, and come out on top....Explain the logic in that ?

D

Derric

Hehe,just thought of something..who needs IP against a thane anyways? :D

S

SFXman

I must admit that according to my logic (not experience etc.), assassins would not be able to take on the heaviest of tanks... or should not be able. It just doesn't make sense.
Imho it makes sense that tanks > assassins, casters > tanks, assassins > casters, archers > casters, and hybrids are just somewhere totally different.

F

Flimgoblin

if they catch the tank unaware, get all their abilities off _perfectly_ and the tank's not paying 100% attention then they should kill the tank.

They shouldn't just say "sod the PA this time" appear from stealth and obliterate the tank ;)

G

Garris-

I guess this doesnt hurt so bad really. I think the whole "NERF THE ROGUES!!" situation is a little unfortunate.. back in beta I was a scout but I decided to make an inf at release because I kept hearing reports of how lame and overpowered scouts were.. so for the last.. I dunno.. 8-9 months I've slowly been working on an inf (I suck at leveling more than most, heh) and I guess I saw this coming. Ah well. At least its not THAT great a change.. good for hitting the people who only make infs to be uber. Me.. I made an inf because I thought climbing up keep walls sounded cool, when I saw it in the patch notes.. heh.

Ah well. The only way anyone is ever going to stop complaining about balance is when they remove RvR from the game. Simple.

S

Sharma

Was gonna say to SFXman's post, yes, where do hybrids come into the equation?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by sharma
Was gonna say to SFXman's post, yes, where do hybrids come into the equation?
Depends what hybrid you are talking about and how well they play their class and how well the other type of class plays o_O
You can't say much about hybrids really...

O

old.Zorewin

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom