1.56b REVANGE !!! (eat that assasins)

K

korhal

only part of it.. about time they make hunters better (they are more nerfed then my scout and the rangers) and about time the warriors are the best melee in the game (after all mid is the melee realm)

i love balancing even if it hurts
now now.. my sweet assasins..
MUAUAUAU !!!!

Please, please read these carefully:

=======================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Camelot 1.56b Test Release Notes

Tuesday, November 26, 2002

=======================================

1.56b has a lot of class tweaks and balance changes, and new stuff to test. Hunters and Warriors get the love their team leads and community have been asking for. We've re-implemented the new resurrection system so that there is minimal impact on anyone's playing style, and even introduced a new healing system for each Realm's primary healers that will make keeping people alive in RvR much easier. We have also taken steps to address the problems of Assassins being able to fight in melee combat better than we intended. Read through these notes closely.

HUNTER CHANGES

We've decided to make Hunters more effective in Melee combat. These changes will help them greatly in both PvE as well as RvR:

- All Hunter melee skills base damages have been increased "behind the scenes". The specific melee skills involved are sword and spear. Hunters will now notice that they do more damage every time they attack an opponent with these weapon types. Hunters now do more base damage than the other two Archer classes, and will not need to do anything to take advantage of this change - it will happen automatically every time they hit with a weapon.

- Hunters have been given a new line of spells in their Beastcraft specialization that allows them to insta-cast a wolf pet. This can be done at any time, even in combat. These are shouts that cost 25% power and have a 30 second recast time. Please note that if a Hunter is controlling a charmed pet, they cannot summon a wolf pet. Here's the list:

1 Hunter's Companion 80%
7 Hunter's Pet 80%
13 Hunter's Ally 80%
20 Hunter's Protector 80%
32 Hunter's Avatar 82%

WARRIOR CHANGE

In order to make the Warrior more of a melee damage-dealer, we've increased his weapon skills (again, behind the scenes, as with the Hunter) so that he will do more damage every time he hits with an Axe, Hammer, or Sword (both 1 and 2h). With this change, the Warrior now does more base damage than any other class in the game. Warriors don't need to do anything to take advantage of this change - it will happen automatically every time they hit with a weapon.

ASSASSIN CLASS CHANGES

Because of the great advantages Assassin classes - Nightshades, Shadowblades, and Infiltrators - now have over almost any other class in the game (poisons, stealth, devastating combat styles, good base damage, extremely high evade, etc.), we've decided to take some steps to bring them back in line with the rest of the classes in the game. We realize that these three classes are not exactly the same, but they all have a combination of abilities that make them more powerful than other classes of their level. The overall design goal of the assassin is to have them be able to defeat opponents using a combination of stealth and their "backstab" combat style chains. Now, with these changes, they'll have to use more strategy to defeat their target opponents. There's no way to sugar coat this - these steps will make Assassins less effective in direct combat.

- We've removed the Ignore Pain Realm Ability from all three Assassin classes. These classes have been granted back the realm training points they spent to get Ignore Pain. It was an oversight that Assassins were given IP at all, and we should have taken it away sooner.

- We are capping the maximum amount that any player (of any class) can evade at 50%. Assassins are the only classes that can currently go above this cap, by linking together their Evade 7 ability, plus the Realm Ability Dodger, plus bonuses from stats. Assassins will be granted a Realm Ability respec for those who no longer want Dodger ability (as it is usually Dodger that pushes them above 50%). Please note that you will get the realm ability respec only if you currently have Dodger and you are either a Nightshade, a Shadowblade, or an Infiltrator.

Of course we know that the Assassin community in general will not like these changes - however, this is one of those things we have to do for the good of the game.

O

old.Atrox

about time....
let's hope they remove the weapons from them stealthy bastards in 1.57

M

mabs0r

heheh

well as an infil....
(ok im only lvl 43 rr2l9 but :p )

losing IP.. about time, no problem with that, give those tanks a chance ;)

now evade, that different.
in GENERAL terms, after stealth, evade is our only protection
archers and casters are not meant to get into melee so they dont count ;)
everyone else gets chain or alb tin cans. we have soggy paper... sooo that equates to buggered without evade :(
Assasins are meant to have highest evade, but now archers and anyone else with semi-decent evade plus spare points in Dodger are going to be rivalling us :|

/me wanders off to lie in the grass again

F

Flimgoblin

doesn't seem that huge a nerf... it's definitely a nerf, but it's not a NERF!

O

old.chesnor

:clap:

Bit of a suprise this one (not the assassins bit, seen that coming a mile off), Hunters and Warriors finally get some loving. Nice one Mythic :)

G

Garaen

All those people that rolled an assasin to the high levels are going to be feeling very ill after reading this. The only reason i didnt join the assasin club was because it was obvious a huge nerf was coming to them. And i think this will hit them very hard.

S

Sharma

im just waiting for mattshanes to do a massive WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reply on the fact that stealthers are gettin one almighty NERF

K

korhal

hmm.. well..

<True Sight in AMG emain>
*korhal sees 10 assasins mostly sb some inf*
*korhal shots an arrow on some shadown00b*
*the shadown00b evades*
*the shadown00b doing the pa combo+friend that coming to leech rp*
*korhal is dead*

/release

o_O

you will still have high evade ffs..

D

-dewey-

Thank god they have finally done something about Hunters and Warriors. I still think archery in general needs some loving however, but at least we are on the right track........

C

cHodAX

Well done Mythic, 6 months overdue but better late than never. As for hunters.... now that is a another shitty fix, insta cast pets and putting them on a higher dmg table, oh dear it seems Mythic really hate casters :( Higher melee dmg table I could understand but more instas :( When will they learn that in general insta = skilless and it is killing this game.

C

Carlos Bananos

The evade change isn't that bad.

Evade 7 = 35%
dodger 5 = 15%
Dex/qui = ?%

now it's just capped at 50%, which is about equal to having evade 7, about 250 dex and low dodger. (thats assuming you have high dodger and a buffbot, if not it's no different)

nice change imo, and i play a shadowblade.

O

old.Charonel

ok, but does an insta cast wolf actually "feel" right for a hunter? charming beasts feels right, but instacasting a wolf!?, regardless of whether it's usefull or not, i dont think it's a good idea, i'd personally rather that they just fixed hunters almightily crappy bow damage rather than go around giving instacast pets :rolleyes:

still, any kind of buff to hunters and worriors, more than welcome!!! surprised they ever actually bothered to be honest, very surprised, but very glad too! :)

and it's CERTAINLY about time that the Perf--->CD--->dragonfang--->IP combe got shot down :p, bloody infils :)

dont like to see classes getting nerfed, but certain aspects of assassins as they are now, combined with the ra's they could have was just stupid, good to see it getting brought into similar levels as the rest of the character base.

and i feel soooooo sorry for all the people who have just finished lvling an inf to 50 and a HARD time they'll have had too, just to get there in time for the class to get hit with a nerf... gotta hurt :p

S

SilverHood

#

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

FELL THE LOVE!

K

Kagato.

With this change, the Warrior now does more base damage than any other class in the game. Warriors don't need to do anything to take advantage of this change - it will happen automatically every time they hit with a weapon.

Ok but what about Armsman who are also nothing but weapons and styles?

M

Meatballs

<doesn't have FA>
<doesn't have IP>
<probably doesn't often go over 50% evade cap>

<doesn't really care>

S

SilverHood

They have plate armor

And more HP than any other class in the game

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.Charonel
and i feel soooooo sorry for all the people who have just finished lvling an inf to 50 and a HARD time they'll have had too, just to get there in time for the class to get hit with a nerf... gotta hurt :p

and you do realise this patch wont come in for absolutely ages (its not even set in stone in US). Most people who rolled new chars for uberness will have moved onto the next uber class as percieved by the vn boards, or just moved ship to another game before SI gets released over here.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by SilverHood

They have plate armor

And more HP than any other class in the game

Why do armsmen have more hp than a dwarf/troll warrior?

O

old.Krusha

if you gave dodger2 you might aswell keep it, i -think- you get an additional 10-15 dodge rate from full stats .. so 35%+6&+10-15% = 51-56% dogde rate (capped at50%).

And the IP thing.. -FINALLY- i never intended to go IP (mop3 baby :)) but the way that things swing, ie the old he has it therefore i must too, was getting out of hand. But then again -when- will we see this patch? as it is now it must come before SI is released (and after 1.53-1.55), and SI is scheduled for march.... but as with everything else it will probably be moved back....

And the hunter/warrior love bit.. finally they got some attention, to bad they didnt look at the Thane's aswell (but there's a few letters left in the alphabet :)).

I will not get into that discussion, but silverhood was close ;)

J

Jarrax

I have no problem with these "nerfs". IP should only be given to true melee classes anyway imo.
The evade rate being capped at 50% isnt a real problem, especially for pve (you'll never realistically get close to that pre-lvl50)
In fact mythic could nerf the crap outta me, I'd still play sb, cause I enjoy it, which is more important.

And its about time the hunter's got some loving. Good job there.

Jarrax
Master of Shadows
Wolverines

S

Sharma

Wont bother me much, i evade too much anyway, even had some inf shout "nerf friar evade!"

L

liste

IP: Good God, Finally its off the rogue chart! Never belonged there, and never will.

Evade: as said, 50% cap is about evade 7 + High dex/qui. i can certainly spend my 8 points from dodger and aug qui differently, no doubt about that.

All in all, this assassin 'nerf' is not excactly what i would call mind shattering. Makes other assassins easier for me to kill as well :)

Lower spec points. lower hit points or damage table. Lower PA cap. THATS a nerf. this is not. This is game balancing, as it SHOULD be!

Friars will be pretty much up to par with assassins, evade wise ( with dodger lots and high dex bonus, granted :p ) which _could_ be considered a game unbalance, considering parry and absorb shields. But God knows we dont have alot of clerics, so anything that can make people roll at least a friar, is welcome :p

F

Fafnir

Give us evade ffs, even the thanes in then new rvr dungeon have evade. And perhaps same hits as an sb, i want to have more hits than a healer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom