Respect "Charter"

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
After the "discussions" of the past few days, I figured it was time to put forward something that summarises what many people who play this game (from all sides of the community) want. I've given it the cheesy title of the Respect Charter.

Feel free to discuss it, make suggestions and so on. We might not agree on everything, but hopefully it's something that can evolve over time. It's a starting point. If you think it's something that might work then feel free to post it on your guild websites. The aim is to try and improve people's gaming experience by improving the atmosphere within the community - something I think most people want. So anyways, here it is...

The Respect Charter

1. This Charter is not a set of rules. It is a list of understandings that various sections of the DAOC community have agreed to play to. The intention is to improve the atmosphere within the community and therefore people's gaming experience.

2. DAOC was designed, marketed and sold as a Realm versus Realm game. Enemies are highlighted with a red name over their character and can be freely attacked. This is the traditional way of playing that many enjoy. However, DAOC also allows for many other playstyles. That's the beauty of the game and all playstyles deserve to be respected.

3. People have the right to play the game free from abuse or being belittled. With that comes responsibility for their own actions towards others.

4. To enable those who prefer pure "full group" rvr to enjoy their chosen playstyle, an easily defined zone has been adopted. This zone is the area within the milegates of Agramon.

5. Within this area, certain ways of playing are understood by the community. Firstly, a fight that is already underway should be allowed to finish. i.e. there should be no "adds". Secondly, enemies should be attacked with a maximum of an 8 man group i.e. should not be "zerged". Thirdly, any solo players within the zone should be allowed to freely pass. Soloers should equally respect the first 2 conditions. (This enables the possibility for soloers to also find fights within Agramon if they choose, or to pass through it).

6. Outside of the Milegates of Agramon, any enemy can be attacked on sight. Abusing people who do this is unacceptable to the community.

7. If you abuse someone who is simply playing the game as they are entitled to then you can expect direct action to be taken by the community on your own gaming experience. This may involve having your fights constantly and purposely targetted or it may involve some other sanction from the community (e.g. being excluded from raids/ having your CM boycotted etc).

8. Equally, if you purposely go within the milegates of Agramon without provocation with the intention of acting against the understandings of the community you may face similar action.

9. If someone acts in a way that is against the spirit of this charter, then the first action should be to check that they are actually aware of it. Not everyone will have read it - indeed many won't. If that person/group hasn't read it, provide them with a link to it. If they have read it already, it may still be a mistake. People should not be abused. Remember that these aren't rules, and people paying their subscriptions are free to act however they wish within the GOA CoC, even when that is against community understandings. However, where people wilfully go against what the rest of the community has agreed upon, they may well face action by the community in the ways outlined earlier.

10. If you make a mistake then simply apologise. That avoids any misunderstandings and further consequences.

11. Finally, remember that you are playing with other human beings. How you act and what you say does affect them. We all essentially want the same thing - to enjoy our time online. With that in mind, think about how you are acting and speaking to others.

A couple of final notes.

I know this may not satisfactorily deal with the issue of 1v1 fights. I've put in the suggestion of soloers being part of Agramon purely because I couldn't think of a better idea- although it might actually work. If others can think of other ideas that could realistically work better for 1v1 then feel free to post it. Of course you might already have an area for that which is only known to those who go there ;)

The other point is about the issue of fg adds. I know some fg'ers believe that there shouldn't be adds on any fights, while others say that 3-way fights are fine. I've put in that it's any fight that is under way - but really I leave that to the fg'ers to sort out for themselves.

As I said, this is a starting point. So /discuss away :p

allure

Banned
You will never stop the zerglings zerging.

why bother posting this rubbish really. People will always whine when you add on fair fights, so dont try to jusify it or create unwriten rules around it because theres always going to be people that will ignore them even if they are appropriate, or not know about them. People will always play and be arseholes (/who warlock) and theres nothing you can do about it, so save yourself the hassle

Corran

Part of the furniture
1 Vs 1 on agramon wouldnt work out.. groups always see them as possible adders... especially caster solo'rs.. you can be sitting down at 3k range watching a fight and afterwards they will come running to gank you.

There have been some well used solo area's (in alb there was the Bold>surs>Ren run. or south of beno docks .. but people catch on to it, or die to often and you start getting trio + coming there.

Solo people are the least respected in many ways by all other parts of the community I find. It is tough to get what you want but thats life !

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
i was at DC bridges yesterday and tbh after 30minutes i was really bored,then i moved to the areas where no port is and i rather have there 1 fight then 10 at DC.
Horses made the space open for solo RVR.....you dont have to go Argramon.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
TA-62777.jpg

On a serious note, why should "zergers" wanna even enter Agramon?
Y u should wanna have a free adding zone between the bridges and the MGs (forced way to go to Agramon).
How a soloer could pass all the crap stirred at him while walking towards Agra?
Sry, good attempt, crap result.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
End of the day, play how you want.

The answer to everything is below. Reveal at your own peril:

close.JPG

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Great Post
I'm sure the majority of decent players will abide by these guidelines once they are aware of them - lets hope so anyway :)

MaCaBr3

Banned
Yep, so every other player who don't care about these rules at a degree as stipulated above, is undecent.

Great rules.

:moo:

Zede

Part of the furniture
Agramon most of the time does not attract zergs so most of the "charter" is mute.

The only problem is people like Baron & Malcolm who run in FGs, and will happliy go to Agramon with the sole intention of adding on any FG Vs FG fights they see.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
End of the day, play how you want.

I do...just figured it was worth a shot at trying to improve the general atmosphere in the game by seeing if we could get some kind of compromises going. I may well have over estimated the average DAOC player though ;)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Most decent players already know about the unwritten "rules"
Yes. People who want fg vs fg, should know these things by now. Still nice though, so those who likes to zerg knows what's going on.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I seriously doubt that there is even a semi active player out there who doesn't know this..

Grimnna

Fledgling Freddie
I repped you for this...
First of all because you say it's not rules a couple of times and second because I like people that don't give up on a lost fight.
And I really don't mean anything wrong with this, I sincerely respect what you are trying to pull of here even though there will be always people disagreeing with you.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I seriously doubt that there is even a semi active player out there who doesn't know this..

Then why do they shout/whine/name it whatever you want at others?
If you know about the "underlying rule" there's no need for all the abuse people get anyways is there?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Grimnna said:
I repped you for this...
First of all because you say it's not rules a couple of times and second because I like people that don't give up on a lost fight.
And I really don't mean anything wrong with this, I sincerely respect what you are trying to pull of here even though there will be always people disagreeing with you.

There have been ppl saying what he has written since Agramon went ingame.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
good effort bracken. Its a nice thought to try and compromise:)
I havent decided if i like puting any unwritten rules at all in this game since i mostly respect people that are respectfull to me and my friends. Then me and a lot of others will play it as they wish, which doesnt include try and ruin for everyone else, but at some nights might include kill a soloer, solo myself and get killed or zerg or whatever:) What also makes me wonder a little is this, the population isnt very big nowadays, and what happends to the people in set groups that doesnt have a fg anymore:p? will they quit game, or will they start joining in guilds that didnt have their "old" policy, just to be able to rvr some. or will they start ganking again but with lower numbers in other areas since they dont have a fg to compete with?
I dont know:) and its hard to answer now ofc.
Also i wanna ask the fg vs fg community something. Alot of you players answer here that , yes we know this a long time..we all know these unwritten rules etc. But when we all read ur agramon threads after a nights rvr, its full of adding whine on eachother and other breaks in the unwritten rules, how is that? dont you have the same idea? or do you have just a few in ur midst that breaks them or?
or is it maybe not so easely defigned as you think?
Just seems to me that all of you have a vision of a fg vs fg comunity, but cant live up to it under the same rules anyhow:)
over and out..

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
Agramon most of the time does not attract zergs so most of the "charter" is mute.

Indeed

Zede said:
The only problem is people like Baron & Malcolm

Hmm I'm a problem in DAOC RvR?

Zede said:
who run in FGs, and will happliy go to Agramon

Hmmm I think I've been in Agramon about 2 or 3 times since it appeared. Can't remember whether I was there happily or otherwise either.

Zede said:
with the sole intention of adding on any FG Vs FG fights they see.

I do what?

Congrats again on your magic eyes that can read things that I never typed!

I HAVE NEVER ADDED ON FG VS FG FIGHTS WHETHER IN AGRAMON OR OUTSIDE IT and I don't intend to do so.

Supporting the right of people who pay DAOC subs to play the game however they want to if it's within the rules of the CoC doesn't make me an adder/leecher/zergling or any number of insults FGvsFGers ever so maturely came up with.

That also includes supporting the rights of FGs to discover my cleric on its own and ganking me.

(I'll even futiley attack an unengaged FG if I see them near enough to me to know that they'll have seen me - whether they're one of the rare "honourable" ones or not - though smite level 4 isn't very good ;) )

I don't whine, moan and bitch about them on FH like FGvsFGers seem to incessantly do.

I just attempt to hit one with my hammer at least once before I die, release and attempt to get to my destination again.

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Dont worry about them Malc
Most of our allience hate AoD
It started with the insults but reached a peak when they dropped Crim to lvl1 but wouldn't release it so another guild could hold it.
I should stop logging into /as with " Hi Guys - don't forget to add on AoD today :)"
Sorry to all the decent hib or mid groups who want a fg vs fg fight but it's only AoD

Grimnna

Fledgling Freddie
There have been ppl saying what he has written since Agramon went ingame.

Just told a person I had a discussion with that I admire his efforts and respect the way he is not giving up, so I don't get your comment. If you want me to rep you or anyone else too because you or anyone said the things he said before just let me know though, I live to make people happy doing silly things <bows, then makes a silly face and runs off yelling "I'm a goenigoegoe">

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Aadia said:
Then why do they shout/whine/name it whatever you want at others?
If you know about the "underlying rule" there's no need for all the abuse people get anyways is there?
Just because they know about the "rule" (as you call it) doesn't mean they agree with it or care about it.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
ebenezer said:
Also i wanna ask the fg vs fg community something. Alot of you players answer here that , yes we know this a long time..we all know these unwritten rules etc. But when we all read ur agramon threads after a nights rvr, its full of adding whine on eachother and other breaks in the unwritten rules, how is that? dont you have the same idea? or do you have just a few in ur midst that breaks them or?
or is it maybe not so easely defigned as you think?
Just seems to me that all of you have a vision of a fg vs fg comunity, but cant live up to it under the same rules anyhow:)
over and out..

Unfortunately you only see the whine on FH, people tend not to post everytime they are not added on. The other point is that the whine about fg/fg adding is generated by a select few who just cant help but post everytime another fg so much as looks at them in a funny way from max clip range.

Wednesday night was great in Agra, some damned good fights, both those we lost and those we won and we didnt get added on once by another fg all night.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, and i'd really recommend trying fg/fg fights, it's worth the effort that you put in.

Hell I can see the fun in running around with a zerg and bridge camping etc while enemies are around - I do it myself with my low rr eldie and enjoy it - it's great because you can just jump on for 30 mins then take a break, but really, ive found nothing as rewarding as fg/fg fights. Though maybe NFD are just a great bunch of people to run with.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
There's something wrong with a game when the players keep having arguments and discussions about how it's supposed to be played.

These current laws/realities of the RvR game:
* the fun is in fighting other players
* kills make you progress
don't do what they are supposed to do...
Instead of making this a Mass Multiplayer game (like advertised) where realm mates unite and fight for the same goal, these laws turn realm mates into direct competitors.
Competitors over the targets they want to fight and the realmpoints for the kills.

So, for me, the game is flawed. But it's still fun. And until they fix this (either take away the conflict and only leave common goals or go the other way and restrict fights to instances) I'll play the game as the FFA game it turns out to be. This for me means: -anything goes, anywhere-.

This said, this "Respect Charter" is against FH CoC.

"8. Equally, if you purposely go within the milegates of Agramon without provocation with the intention of acting against the understandings of the community you may face similar action."

So you basically are calling for people who "add" in Agramon to be boycotted out of the game?

ibtl.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Baron said:
Dont worry about them Malc
Most of our allience hate AoD
It started with the insults but reached a peak when they dropped Crim to lvl1 but wouldn't release it so another guild could hold it.
I should stop logging into /as with " Hi Guys - don't forget to add on AoD today :)"
Sorry to all the decent hib or mid groups who want a fg vs fg fight but it's only AoD

so how can a rpcow like yourself think this is beeing a good poost when you clearly dont wanna follow it,... :p (why add on AoD if not for ruining their online time, and their fun)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Never had much of a problem with AoD, Iron Wolves on the other hand are a different matter. Lucky they are not around at peak times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom