Zerker

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, for comparsions sake, taking your examples from above...

A Dwarf Berserker with +15con at creation, +75con from sc, and +200 hits from SC he will have:

1896 hps

A troll with +10con at creation, +75con from sc and +200hits from SC will have:

1825 hps

Even though the Troll only had +10 at creation, and the Dwarf had +15, theres just under a 75hps difirence. While at the same time:

Imagining the Troll had +10 str at creation, and the Dwarf also had +10 str at creation:

The troll with +10 str at creation, +11 from SC, +75 str from SC, and 50weapon spec will have:

1412~ Weaponskill

The Dwarf with +10 str at creation, +11 from SC, +75 str from SC and 50 weapon spec will have:

1263~ Weaponskill

So a difirence of about 150 Weaponskill.

Lets look at quickness too, imagining both Troll and Dwarf started without putting points into quickness at creation, and using 4.0 speed weapons.

The Dwarf with +0 qui at creation, and +75qui from SC, will swing his 4.0 speed weapon at:

3.48 seconds a swing

The Troll with +0 qui at creation, and +75qui from SC, will swing his 4.0 speed weapon at:

3.6 seconds a swing

So thats a difirence of 12 miliseconds.

Even though the Dwarf had the advantage of getting +15 con at creation while the Troll only had +10 con, you can see the HPs bonus a Dwarf gets are minimal, and the swingspeed is small, the weaponskill advantage of the Troll, while not massive I agree still offsets both of these.

Regarding Dex. I know it may have plenty of use in the BG's since alot of dueling goes on there I imagine, and Im sure it would help alot for XPing too, in RvR rarely imo will you have a chance of Parrying, and when you do it will usualy be at a stage where your dead regardless. You either being zerged, all your support is dead and now the group is finishing off the tanks, your being nuked, its a gimp group your fighting and they insist on meleeing the Berserker first (in this case the group your fighting is prolly gonna lose :p ) ect.. ect..

For thid, sure Dwarf has its advantages, also the height thing helps in thid also. But in RvR, I see no reason not to go Troll, unless for looks, allthough imo Male Trolls look cool

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
I dun care about all the comparisons :p takes too long...ive tried all 3 weap types on my troll zerk and imo sword is > hammer/axe. Thats just speakin from experience :) no fancy tables or %'s. Ive enjoyed sword far more than the other 2 and ur not gonna be usin base weap styles anyhow, double frost(anytime) and snow squall(rear positional) are 2 of the most dmg'ing styles in the game in their catagories.

50 sword 50 LA 28 parry (good for PvE, so no split weap speccin like MKJ says :p)

imo!

/Dracus

P.S.
Wishes he had known mythic would change 300 stat cap, so he hadnt put 10qui at creation instead of str >_<

virragain

Fledgling Freddie
Go for the race wich looks appeal to you imo, my zerk is dwarf with 50 sword 50 la 28parry works fine.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
virragain said:
Go for the race wich looks appeal to you imo, my zerk is dwarf with 50 sword 50 la 28parry works fine.

By all means, my posts arent there to undermine anyones choices. Also the fact that this game is massively also based on luck meaning anyone could outdamage anyone with a few lucky rolls.

Also this min/maxer thing is relatively new, and anyone who hasnt picked the 'ideal' class stats wise shouldnt worry, since in the grand scale of things theres little difirence.

I agnoised over the fact that I had put +10 into str on my healers creation instead of +10 dex, until the day I actually calculated how much faster I would cast (im not saying it :p ) and realised that regardless of this mistake, any battles I had lost would not have been altered by this.

So to anyone making a berserker, by all means pick the one you want most, unless your overly concerned with stats.

Sure look at Blackdeath, that freak has +5 in charisma and +5 in intelligence and he does allright* :p

* = when I help him with specs and stuff :p

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Sure look at Blackdeath, that freak has +5 in charisma and +5 in intelligence and he does allright* :p

* = when I help him with specs and stuff :p

** And when the opponents are afk :p

Wasnt saying dorf zerkers are bad, just saying trolls have a little more to offer when it comes to frontload damage. Dorf zerkers do great in endgame rvr, look at Rudor and Osril :)

Rudor is like the best zerker in the world, no question about that!!

:wub:

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
I want a kobbeh zerker..!

ikkle cute kobbeh with red hair.. BAM ... evul monsteh vendo!!111

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Things like race and start points are awfully heavy responsibilities to entrust to the noobs we were when we rolled our first chars! My Cabalist is/was Avalonian (I mean, come on!), and I deleted and rerolled a L10 friar (that was a lot of levelling some two years ago) when I found out that staff damage was based on dex and not strength. :(

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Own site

Might start collating stuff about this game and stick it on my own site. Site been on hold for a few months from - well i dunno really - lack of interest from myself i suppose. There were 6 different forums (though i cut it back to 3) and one was to be dedicated to gaming - DAOC & UO etc. Could switch that forum back on. Should think there are plenty of sites dedicated to DAOC etc though - but am not sure there is one that could make available a lot of specialized info and programs such as Leladia's calculator though.

Wot yu think?

The forums are phpbb2 forums that have been modified with a category mod and can be made to look like vbulletin boards - like Freddysworld.

http://sites-4u.com

Give the forums a little time to load cos they are being pulled in from another server.

Click on the little Staff bubble - neat coding on that :D .

PKJ

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Another thing to take into consideration maybe?

-Racial resists:

Valkyn: Body: 5% Cold: 5% Thrust: 2% Slash: 3%
Norse: Cold: 5% Crush: 2% Slash: 3%
Troll: Matter: 5% Thrust: 2% Slash: 3%
Dwarf: Body: 5% Thrust: 3% Slash: 2%

When looking at "old" resists, Norse, Troll and Valkyn has best slash resists (studded being weak against slash, that's a good thing), but when drawing legendaries into consideration, there's also magic resists to worry about:

______________Heat___Cold___Matter___Energy

all Cloth_______+0%____+0%_____+0%______+0%
all Leather____+15%___-10%_____-5%______+0%
Studded/Reinf__-10%____+5%_____+5%______+5%
all Chain______-10%____+0%_____+0%_____+10%
Plate/Scale____-10%___+10%____-10%_____+10%

Studded is weak against cold, matter and energy. Troll offers 5% matter, norse offers 5% cold, and valkyn offers 5% cold as well.

So, this info combined with Melachi's info about dorfs being inferior in weaponskill compared to trolls, troll would be the way to go according to racial resists. Unless of course, you absolutely hate the look of trolls :)

Am I being a total dumbass here? :)

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Troll

Well Troll might well be the better choice cos you can hide your little kobolt shaman underneath him when they both xp :D .

The trouble i have mainly from levelling in DF is that an inf attacks my level 48 shaman all the time for easy rps and ignoring my other alt. Gets me down after a while cos they do it a lot.

PKJ

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
I got a dwarf berserker, i lub him coz he is so cool/ubor imo atleast :D

Id say either do troll for massive offense or dwarf for little more hp and little less damage.

The varians in thier sizes make it better in some cases to be a dwarf, eg sneaking around in df :flame:

Anyway, i think im pritty even against a troll berserker if any1 think othervise id happy try him out in aegir :cheers:

But, go for the race u think look coolest ;)

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth

Hows your Zerker Ixoth?

After all this info am tempted to create a whopping big Troll zerker myself now :) . You know i think i could hide my ickle kobbie shaman underneath him unless his title will show? If i do create a Troll zerker i make him for farming and skip BG1. Bound to get in some fights in DF at later levels or some other dungeon so will get rps then i expect :) .

PKJ

Rudor Dwarf

Loyal Freddie
Lub you to Cami! :D.

Anyway if i would make a new zerker today i would make a troll with +20 str or +15 str 10 con.
The only - with a trollzerker that i can find is that they are so big and it might get hard to target right enemy in pbae boxes etc bcoz the only thing you see is a troll's fat arse :D.

Not say that the other races are bad i love my dwarfzerker but if i would make a new one it would be a troll for sure.

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
btw, how many zerk have 50/50/29?
you get this spec few year ago using respect bug if remember correct :)

I had 50/50/29 but never figured out why tbh :D
never knew it was a bug anyway

@ Rudor: Traitor,dorfzerks rule! :twak:

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Troll

Well i just created a Troll and put 15 in str and 10 in con. Took him to Vendo and stuck full red buffs on him and 12% haste. Sheesh. I mean hell he sure is doing some damage and ain't exactly slow either.

Starting spec at 20 was:

la=20
hammer=19
rest in parry.

3.7 speed main and 2.4 offhand.

Gonna take him to Thid maybe and spec him like this:

La=21 (+5) for Scathing blade - 3rd hit in combo.
Hammer=19 (+5)
Parry=11(+5) - surprised at how much he is parrying forra Troll.

At 20 and capped in str (items) i think his str was already over 160 (+1 str realm ability) if i remember rightly.

Quite impressive.

PKJ

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Thugs said:
Hows your Zerker Ixoth?

After all this info am tempted to create a whopping big Troll zerker myself now :) . You know i think i could hide my ickle kobbie shaman underneath him unless his title will show? If i do create a Troll zerker i make him for farming and skip BG1. Bound to get in some fights in DF at later levels or some other dungeon so will get rps then i expect :) .

PKJ

I lub playing with that character. With the gear I've sorted to him, he does some nice dmg, and is a great assett in RvR. GoLM helps nicely in Res sickness'es, and in this last template of mine, I time to time have CES equipped in LA slot, and use 2handed quite a lot. CES is handy to spot them stealthers.. yesterday got few kills by just using that arti, spotted the stealther, who had no clue how I was able to see him, and just crushed with my 2handed hammer to tiny bits.

Zerker got with shaman red buffs, str of 404, I'll usually deal to orange con mobs with leather/studded/cloth armor on, in best cases close to 1k dmg, so not bad at all. Provoke with lambast backup, and if lambast landed, then thor's answer hammer skill for teh win (causes target to bleed).

My zerk is norse, 50 axe 50 la, got 100str in tempp, 10% dmg, spd and styledmg... Stealthers is no problem at all, i take any ns/infil that jumps me, only classes that can get hard is scouts from bigrange, and zephyr when you get close, most casters is piece of cake aswell, having charge3 and ml's/feathered wrap for interupt

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Surprising Death said:
My zerk is norse, 50 axe 50 la, got 100str in tempp, 10% dmg, spd and styledmg... Stealthers is no problem at all, i take any ns/infil that jumps me, only classes that can get hard is scouts from bigrange, and zephyr when you get close, most casters is piece of cake aswell, having charge3 and ml's/feathered wrap for interupt

Yes, I've faced the irritating zephyr spell using ranger at poc few days back. Really annoying - when one tries to get to the ranger, and when u've almost there, bang he casted that spell - and in that point there wasn't anything to do but watch the animation and notice how the life force ran out from the zerker. I guess wing dive leggings would reduce that falling damage, but it won't make him immune to the zephyr. Anyways to avoid getting owned like that?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Hmm, falling damage? Are you sure? It's most likely the Ranger pumping arrows into you as you are being Zephyred away, not falling damage. As for avoid FZ, it is difficult, but the best way is to strafe madly as you approach and try to run to the side once you see it coming. I don't get zephyred often, but isn't there something like you can use a healpot even while in FZ?

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Hmm, falling damage? Are you sure? It's most likely the Ranger pumping arrows into you as you are being Zephyred away, not falling damage. As for avoid FZ, it is difficult, but the best way is to strafe madly as you approach and try to run to the side once you see it coming. I don't get zephyred often, but isn't there something like you can use a healpot even while in FZ?

You're right. its the arrows he is shooting while I'm at air, txs for tips Belomar :) :cheers: will try to strafe more. About pots, my zerker's inventory is mostly filled, hence I cannot take many pots. I'll try to clear more space, last night when I was for fun swimming near blend, this stealther came and we had two fights. The first one he won, but second one I did win. Thou, he had poisoned me, and I got killed too in the end. In that point a healing potion would have saved my life (the hp left of the duel was like 100sh or so).

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
About how to avoid zephyr

Pulled from web page: http://home.earthlink.net/~demonikeen/id3.html

"Class-specifics:
Scouts: Hope that you have purge up because they will slam-stun you. Once you purge they are probably done-for unless they are able to use their rr5 to snare you and run away or Forceful Zephyr you. Try to get a snare on them so they don't run. If engaging a scout from a distance, use your shout to interupt their last bowshot as you close in. If you know a scout is ml8 strafe around a little to try to mis-target their zephyr. If you are Zephyred gulp down a potion and use some type of heal/regen charge while you are waiting, Malice or Battler charge works great in this situation as well. Make sure you have longwind1 ra and potions on you if you try to chase one...but they probably have just as many potions and Longwind2, so they will probably get away."

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
:flame: You all wrong !!!111 :flame:

39 hammer, 39 sword, 50 la, rest parry.

Troll, 15 str,10 qui at creation...get aug qui 3 and str 5 .. so close 250 qui and 450 str when buffed. Now make good set with 10 speed/melee/style bonus set with artys. Use 20% haste :)

Thats best there is. :kissit:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Osri said:

Troll, 15 str,10 qui at creation...get aug qui 3 and str 5 .. so close 250 qui and 450 str when buffed. Now make good set with 10 speed/melee/style bonus set with artys. Use 20% haste :)

Thats best there is.

I won't take any aug quickness. I have the capped quickness, due my sc set, toa and arties. wasting ra points for aug quickness.. well I wouldn't ;) I take purge 2, charge 3, aug str, mop 2 or 3, lw1 at least. Atm I'm RR3L7. Hence thats a plan for a future..

Ur right, quickness should be capped.

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
Osri said:

Thats best there is. :kissit:

why go 39 hammer, 39 sword? don't you lose some wpnskill and dmgoutput or is wpnskill for a zerker purely basted on LA ?

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
GV-Miera said:
why go 39 hammer, 39 sword? don't you lose some wpnskill and dmgoutput or is wpnskill for a zerker purely basted on LA ?

If you just use LA styles dmg wont change much from 39+xx to 50+xx hammer/sword. Thats what many tests show anyway :)

Osril, I'm curious...what artis u use in ur temp with hammer/sword spec?

/Dracus

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
Rudor Dwarf said:
Anyway if i would make a new zerker today i would make a troll with +20 str or +15 str 10 con.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can only add 18pts and not 20 into one stat at character creation, not that it makes much of a difference, im just being picky atm! :cheers:

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:
If you just use LA styles dmg wont change much from 39+xx to 50+xx hammer/sword. Thats what many tests show anyway :)

Osril, I'm curious...what artis u use in ur temp with hammer/sword spec?

/Dracus

Ye, Main battler hammer, Off malice axe, Main sok sword. Others are golm, gov, scalars, som.

With 39+20 weapon...damage diffrence is none existent when compared 50+21 weapon when using LA styles. :cheers:

Lyrre

Fledgling Freddie
You dont need 39+20, basedamage is capped and damage variance is minilized at 50 composite spec.
Free up imbuepoints in armor, you almost cap with rr bonus only...

/L

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom