Zerker

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi,

I created today a zerker called Nahkapaska :p . A question about a good spec - I saw a template where were hammer and parry maxed. And rest put to left axe.

Also MKJ told to pick dwarf and take high constitution. So nahkapaska is dwarf and I boosted his constitution.

So would a build of :
-50 hammer
-50 parry
-rest to left axe

Be good in rvr sense too?

Any comments/hints/ideas?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
valkyn 50 axe 50 LA imo :)

you will have much lower WS with that spec due to LA seeming to be main WS modifier for dual wielders

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
hmmz but I thought hammer would be better, because I want to crush those filthy infils. Sorry forgot to mention I despice that class, thus this zerker would be especially tailored to deal with 'em :p

Groag

Loyal Freddie
50 Parry would mean only 28 LA, and that's about the best way I can think of to gimp a 'zerker.

You want 50 LA for variance, and the higher weapon styles, particularly Doublefrost and the evade reactive/stun combo (forget the names).

If you want to try 50 weapon/50 parry, roll a 2H Warrior ;)

Edit: Just saw the comment about Infil's

If you want to go after Infil's Hammer is the worst choice, since leather armour is strong to crush damage, go sword or axe

Ormorof

FH is my second home
If you want to go after Infil's Hammer is the worst choice, since leather armour is strong to crush damage, go sword or axe

actually alb leather is weak to crush ;)

with 50 LA 50 hammer you will have high enough WS to stop them evading your every hit :p

also as mentioned the evade chain stun is very nice

also if they ever decide to run the snowsquall chain (to icy brilliance to auroura borealis) is very handy :D

though i still think hammer is crap :p

Groag

Loyal Freddie
Ormorof said:
actually alb leather is weak to crush ;)

Shows you how much I know ;)

I'd agree with you about Hammer being crap though. My personal preference is for sword, have you seen the obscene damage Ragnarok does in Hamster mode? :flame:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
"Hammer being crap"

Nice one. /clap you won the prize.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
atos said:
"Hammer being crap"

Nice one. /clap you won the prize.

thank you :)

i just dont like the look of hammers :p

axes for the win :clap:

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
why take a dwarf when u can take a troll tbh, zerker = offensive, str = offensive stat, go figure :X

as for the spec, since u'll be doing the LA styles anyway it doesnt matter whether u take axe or sword or hammer, just the dmg type, hammer is good vs stealthers/bard, weak vs the groupchars of hib/alb, slash is random to all in alb, good vs hib (iirc)

hammer still gives a preference to me, having a snare if u really need it.
and ragnarok is very overrated, sledge does way more dmg then ragna

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
44/44/44

Hammer/LA/Parry

If you want a defensive Zerker.

Hammer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Axe

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Albion​
Character Class Armour Type Thrust Crush Slash
Armsman / Plate / Resistant / Vulnerable / Neutral
Paladin / Plate / Resistant / Vulnerable / Neutral
Cleric / Chain / Vulnerable / Resistant / Neutral
Mercenary / Chain / Vulnerable / Resistant / Neutral
Minstrel / Chain / Vulnerable / Resistant / Neutral
Scout / Studded / Vulnerable / Resistant / Neutral
Friar / Leather / Resistant / Vulnerable / Neutral
Infiltrator / Leather / Resistant / Vulnerable / Neutral

Hibernia​
Character Class Armour Type Thrust Crush Slash
Champion / Scale / Neutral / Resistant / Vulnerable
Druid / Scale / Neutral / Resistant / Vulnerable
Hero / Scale / Neutral / Resistant / Vulnerable
Warden / Scale / Neutral / Resistant / Vulnerable
Bard / Reinforced / Neutral / Vulnerable / Resistant
Blademaster / Reinforced / Neutral / Vulnerable / Resistant
Ranger / Reinforced / Neutral / Vulnerable / Resistant
Nightshade / Leather / Neutral / Vulnerable / Resistant

As you can see it depends on what you'll be fighting most, and if you want a few advantages/disadvantages or same requirements vs all in the alb chart. When looking at hib classes, it's more varied, as it's pretty much half vs half, and there you have to make up with yourself: which types of hib classes do you count on fighting most. Casters are left out on purpose, because they have the same resists in all 3 realms: Vulnerable vs all dmg types.

But if you count on fighting infils all the time, hammer would be your choice.

Unless of course we disregard all the old-school resists and look at legendaries, where a couple of heaters would make both axe/sword/hammer viable specs, and now you have to look at playstyle vs weaponstyles; e.g. which specline has best use-anytime's, positionals and reactionary styles. Ragnarok is propably pretty nasty in hamster mode, but if you're fighting an infil, you'll need to get LA stun style in first in most of the fights.

I'm no zerker pro, but just trying to look at it logically.. hope it helps more than it confuses :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
For pve and levelling 50 axe, 50 parry, 28 left axe is a nice spec but for RvR you deffo need 50 weapon, 50 left axe, 28 parry imo.

I xp'd bluey to 50 from around 20 ish maxing main hand weapon and almost maxing parry and if you use fast axes try to use the evade and parry reactionaries on left axe A LOT, the reactionary stun chain on left axe is really quite uber imo :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Troll, 15 str 10 con

50 weapon / 50 la / 28 parry.

The end! :p

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, correct me if I am wrong, but dwarf get more hp than troll? I know troll gets more strength tho.

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
Forget any +Parry. What you need it for? Berserkers are not
going head to head with the enemy if you play some decent
RvR. Try to duel a good warrior with a berserker and he'll own
you, even if you have +11 to parry. Think about maxing hits,
str cap and also con if you can. Berserkers only job is to deal
damage, and preferably with Left Axe rear-chain.

My two RvR templates have 50 Sword +11, 50 Left Axe +11, and 28 Parry +4.

The Parry is from the Harpy Feather Cloak.

Put anything in your Left Axe and "Sword/Hammer/Axe" spec.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
dwarf has highest con, troll most str.
if i made now zerk again? i prolly take norse? not sure thou because dont making new zerk :)
hmm old days axe was way to go, axe was dropping most and easiest to get (and even axes was pain sometimes to get, 30-40 desperately look some drops, garou axes from WW guards was uber those days), these days its same what spec you take, prolly sword/laxe? is way to go, but nothing against hammer/laxe.

Troll for win!

btw, how many zerk have 50/50/29?
you get this spec few year ago using respect bug if remember correct :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ixoth said:
Aye, correct me if I am wrong, but dwarf get more hp than troll? I know troll gets more strength tho.

go for looks imo, and with zerker u cant go wrong, unless u go norse :D.

Troll, go tall male troll, looks cool.

dwarf go small female with white hair and black armor, looks cool

Valkyn aslong as u go female and small ur gunna look cool.

each race has its advantage. troll hits hard but has least defence.

Dwarf takes dmg, doesnt hit as hard as troll but i think hits harder than valkyn, also has nice dex

valkyn hits fast and has decent defence, should evade a fair bit, dunno about damage though with hitting fast, and the fact that ur a zerker, should still b doing nice damage.

best thing of all about dwarf/valkyn, the size change when u zerk is amazing :D.

also hammer/LA 50 rest parry, though i was also wondering before what about 50hammer 44left axe rest parry, probably not worth it tbh as ur there 2 smack down the hizhoe labs :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
valkyn is better :kissit:

Why? Cos you like being gimped? :p

Zerkers are made for damage, go troll. If you plan to PVE alot you might choose a different race, but for rvr, troll.

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
trolllllllllllll, else play some other char than an offensive one :)

And got for max weapon skil, 50 50, rest in parry

arawem

Loyal Freddie
If u want kill stealthers forget about hammer. Go spec in sword, and then get a lgw heat sword and LA ftw :cheers:

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
arawem said:
If u want kill stealthers forget about hammer. Go spec in sword, and then get a lgw heat sword and LA ftw :cheers:
If hes gonna go LW anyway spec doesnt matter, damage-type-wise anyway :p

Maybe he should go whatever spec that offers the slowest mainhand? But i agree with whoever said that hammer has more to offer when it comes to backstyle than sword, snare is pretty good in rvr ;)

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Choice of Zerker

Did quite a bit of testing on this - again - at thid level.

Troll - great damage but very slow. At Thid level does make a great deal of difference. Still a very good choice of Zerker. Can also end up with a lotta hits cos of good con. Will make a very good 2 handed zerker for sure (2 handed is not so good against infs - they evade more).

Valkyn - extremely fast but certainly lacking in hps but the speed of attack should make up for that but is susceptible to be weakened from perf though having lower hps.

Dwarf - Sonofsomeone was a dwarf Zerker at Thid level - full con and with +1 con and +1 toughness pushing his hps up around 920. A perf from an inf hardly marked him and he ploughed though them. Also duelled numerous Troll zerkers and won. Only one i had trouble with was another dwarf zerker who liked to use 2 handed at times but when i pushed up dex i stopped missing so much and won from then on in.

God knows wot hps a level 50 high con dwarf will end up with but i should think a hell of an amount giving you enough time to beat a few infs up at a time i should think.

Always keep your quickness capped and get it as high as you can for weapon swing speed. Weapon speed can be adjusted from using various speed weapons to make use of the la effect. You will miss more the slower the weapons and ofcourse recovery is slower on a fumble.

Hammer against inf armour is nasty and they drop like flies. Ofcourse at later levels you can use either la or 2 handed. But the stun on the la chain is pretty useable when you get the hang of it for sure.

Am pretty sure in places like DF for example a full con buffed dwarf la zerker would have hardly anything to worry about from an inf attack - even from 2 at a time. A Troll 2 handed zerker the same as long as he has capped quickness and dex to cut evades down (but infs will evade like mad for sure against a 2 handed weapon user). Don't forget when in bear mode sometimes better to hit with 2 weapons for 2 crits and to use fast weapons so you get more hits in whilst in bear mode.

My two-peneth worth. I ain't a fan of level 50 combat so everything is based on or at Thid level but i think things are more or less the same really later on.

PKJ

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Valkyn aslong as u go female and small ur gunna look cool.

rawr

oh and damage is pretty nice at 50 with valkyn, 340 str buffed with no +str cap yet :D

though i imagine valkyn probably not best choice if you just want to do rvr all the time and never use zerker for pve :p

with 340 str, 305 con, 313 dex, 190 quick (adds up to about 2200hp and 1804WS) buffed i think valkyn make ok zerkers :p

though trolls do more damage and dwarfs can take more valkyns well..... look so much better :D

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Spec

Wanted to alter my posting but again the timer run out - LENGTHEN IT PLEASE FREDDYSWORLD ADMIN!.

Spec forra 50 Zerker - 50 weapon and 50 la and rest in parry.

Bearmode cancels out parry as far as i know. Tis why you never parry in bearmode cos you are a damage dealing monster then so you are only gonna use parry in normal mode.

PKJ = MKJ by the way.

PS: if you really want to be different you can infact spec 50 la and also spec in 2 weapon choices for a spec of this:

50 la - 39 + 11 hammer & 39 + 11 sword or axe - and 16 + 11 in parry. Keep 2 choices of weapons on your quickbar (2 weapons equipped - one in 2 handed slot) and exploit your opponents armour weakness by swapping weapons in combat. Hard to get a lot of things maxxed on your armour though sc wise.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Troll by far imo if you plan on RvRin. High weaponskill helps you get through enemy defenses, so the lack of defense going Troll imo is a trade-off since you go through others defense.

Also little quick comparison.

Assuming +10 con at creation, and +75 con from a SC suit, +200 hits, unbuffed.

Dwarf will have 1869

Troll will have 1825

not a worthwhile tradeoff imo.

Also go either Sword or Hammer.

Hammer Pros: Conquer having a snare, dunno speeds of LW's for this, Battler ability.

Sword Pros: 4.0 Speed LW's, Battler, Golden Spear.

Regarding Growthrates:

Ragnarok: 0.85
SnowSquall: 0.95 -> Icy Brilliance: 1.10 -> Aurora Borelais 1.25

So LA chain is better to use than Ragnarok, and about Conquer -> Sledgehammer chain.

I believe its something like
Conquer: 0.85 -> Sledgehammer 1.00
Now dont quote me on that, but Im nearly positive remebering that Sledgehammer was quite unique since it had a growthrate of 1, which is very high for 1h weapon specs.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agree with you for RVR

For RVR-ing with mates maybe go Troll but as far as i can make out he wants protection from infs mainly. Could be he wants an alt that can stand up to them when they farming for cash or something.

But against infs only i would pick a dwarf cos he is faster. Infact i wouldn't put anything in str at creation but 15 in con and 10 in quickness. After that pumping things into con and toughness to make him that much longer lasting. Making him have as many hits as possible enables the first part of the inf attack to be lessened - the perf and follow up moves. Damage penalties when poisoned weakened against infs armour weaknesses are not worth the extra damage - speed i found is really the answer.

Still it is down to personal likeness but also running around in Thid as a Troll is just asking for trouble but as a small dwarf you can move around without getting every thing under the Thid sun jumping from a great height on you.

Quite a lot to consider apart from damage when creating an alt for sure :D .

MKJ

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
if u compare dwarf to troll, dwarf has 80 con 60str, troll has 70con 100str, so dwarf gives 10 extra con, which is like 60hp or smt? while troll gives 40 ! more str, easy choice to make :)
as for hit speed, 10melee speed +decent poa +cap quickness in suit = u hit fast enough
hammer gives the possibilty to use battler+malice or malice+croc tooth/traitor
with sword or axe u dont get that possibility, malice being the best arti weapon is a must for a template so u are obligated to use that in offhand if ur not axe/hammer, and u better take a faster offhand for better hit speed
with hammer u can pretty much take any arti u want for mainhand, battler and malice, when as sword u can only take battler, and as axe u can only take malice in mainhand

for axe and hammer: malice+croc tooth+gov+scalars = 10dmg 10style 5speed(10 when u take arti cloack)
for sword: battler+croc tooth+gov+scalars = 10dmg 7style 9speed
or: battler+malice+gov+scalars = 10dmg 9style 6speed

looking at that the best combo is axe/hammer with malice+croc tooth, but hammer > axe styles for rvr, so hammer to go !

as for spec, u need 50weapon no matter what, no point not speccing 50 as a pure tank, as u need the cap increase and higher ws, ws is made from mainweapon, dmg from LA spec, so best dmg = 50weapon +50 LA simple as that :)

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Troll or Dwarf?

At lower levels - the levels i tend to fight in - Thid levels maybe the dwarf is the choice. I lack experience at later levels and have no experience to draw on. Personally i dislike Trolls for their sheer size draws attention but there is no denying they are strong and hit for mega damage. As you level beyond 25-30 stats become less important it seems and various ones can be boosted etc but your creation at the beginning still stands. Should you start a dwarf zerker with 95 con then he will have more hits by 50 than a Troll. He also will be faster and not hit forra lot less than the Troll if both use la cos of the la nerf bat in use.

I have a level 28 dwarf zerker with +1 con and +1 toughness and +1 quickness and he is so much easier to level cos he takes damage so well.

Played a Troll zerker in thid and a dwarf zerker also. The difference at that level is that the dwarf can easily take out a buffed inf without calling on bearmode. The Troll though will have to in some instances. The dwarf only goes into bear mode on 2 infs or more. As i have said at 50 things are different but personally i think that a dwarf zerker specced right with tons of hits will take out a Troll zerker in a duel. Only way i can prove that though is to finish levelling my own dwarf zerker - Sonofsomeone :D .

PKJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom