Your solution to the alcohol binge society

noblok

Part of the furniture
I've actually talked about this before, the system should be; what you've paid in taxes, you can have as support money.

Fair trade and i have paid more taxes then i've been getting support.

If you've never worked, you should get f*ck all.
Then you could just as well not have anyone pay tax and let them keep their money in the first place instead of 'saving' it for them in case they get ill/lose their job/...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Then you could just as well not have anyone pay tax and let them keep their money in the first place instead of 'saving' it for them in case they get ill/lose their job/...

Not the same thing.

You pay tax because of, well, just as it is now. Sh*t costs.

But if, IF you fall unemployed, you have a safety net that you've earned.

The only thing that would change is the way the unemployment funds are distributed. It would punish the lazy and clear the social bums while protecting the honest worker.

If someone is ill, it's a different story ofcourse.

noblok

Part of the furniture
But if you can only take out what you put in, then why should you put it in in the first place?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But if you can only take out what you put in, then why should you put it in in the first place?

So the government can pay for sh*t :p

You pay taxes because you must.
The government uses those tax dollaaahs to pay for sh*t.
You fall unemployed, you get to take money from the government because, well, you worked for it.

It's a stricter, more moneysaving version of "If you ain't worked, you don't get paid".

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
There is no solution. There's a culture of binge drinking in this country that no amount of laws, fiddling with the NHS or best will in the world can solve. Its the same with football yobbos (go into any East London pub & you'll see the sort of West Ham scum that hates anyone who hasn't got ICF or WHU tattood into their arms) & chav underclass culture (council estates, benefits society, fucked up economy, lazy underclass). Its engrained into British Society forever. On the continent, people know how to enjoy themselves without looking like gutter prostitutes or wanting to fight people at 2am on a Friday/Saturday night. Sad but true

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But the government can only use your money to pay for your shit... So it'd make more sense to cut out the middle man.

Well let's take road upkeep(even if for brits it's a weird concept ;)), the government simply takes all of our moneys to fix roads. We need roads to use other stuff on them.

We could ofcourse pay for it ourselves, direct and all, but the government has the system in place to gather all the moneys needed. We pay X to do Y, even if people like to think "we pay government taxes because we must". No, you're paying for a job done :p

If we really lived in a nice society, we could pick and choose what things we are taxed for and as such, would set our own rights. Don't want to pay road tax? Fine, no car or public transport. And so on.

It's a shame that humanity is doomed to live in the past though and "It's worked so far" thinking is a bane of all evolution.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
I think it is simpler than all that, Society and moral paths point into a "help each other" rule or somewhat, which many of here just don't like because why should I help a moron or someone so evil that may deserve to die? I mind myself, f**k the rest... Well, it's known that being united gives strenght, so from that on, our imperfect system tries to balance things, sometimes a weak try, sometimes a fair try, rising alcohol prices or forbide it, it seems that's not working, maybe the trigger is education and public conscience, hard to manage those into that direction imho, since we tend to be selfish and careless about unknown people and strangers

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So basically; you can give a man a fishing pole, but it don't do much if the f*cker can't fish :p

Embattle

FH is my second home
If there's bullshit, then do post what is this aformentioned malecowfertiliser and point out how :D

Would there be any point, most people have silly one sided opinions and stupid ideas that have no real basis or reason when actually looked at properly from the middle. All that happens when you start to explain things is the person on the other side just shouts louder and sticks their fingers in their ears.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Would there be any point, most people have silly one sided opinions and stupid ideas that have no real basis or reason when actually looked at properly from the middle. All that happens when you start to explain things is the person on the other side just shouts louder and sticks their fingers in their ears.

You don't know what you're talking about even if it's your opinion!

:p

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Jim, thats the gayest avatar I have ever seen

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If higher prices means I don't have to see that video of fat slag dancing at the notting hill carnival then could me in. Another £2 on a bottle of vodka is worth it just to make the nightmares stop.

Everz

FH is my second home
If higher prices means I don't have to see that video of fat slag dancing at the notting hill carnival then could me in. Another £2 on a bottle of vodka is worth it just to make the nightmares stop.

Try waking up next to one :(.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You don't know what you're talking about even if it's your opinion!

:p

My version of what an opinion seems to be some what different from what often gets passed off as one. Opinions may be like arseholes but too often the facts people use are little different from shit that comes out of that arsehole.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
good, next comes the ban and my smug look of satisfaction when all the pro-smoking ban people start whining

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What's smoking got to do with it?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, a ban on drinking inside, because secondary drinking is a major issue.

- English -

Resident Freddy

It is thought the decline may be due to the effect of the recession on spending, but could also be a sign that messages about responsible drinking have affected drinking habits.

Is it the solution (responible drinking messages) or is it just delaying the problems some (recession).

Tbh i dont think there is a solution. I think lamp cleared it up saying about its just todays society. Afterall, without the alcoholics there wouldnt be many pubs, jobs etc .. its just another version of the food chain.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The numbers started falling before the recession, 4 out of the last 5 years have recorded falls.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie

This binge drinking? (forgive dailymail link)

Drinking puts 1,500 in hospital everyday, an increase of 65% in five years | Mail Online

The point I'm trying to make is, your link proves very little. Alcohol consumption may have gone down overall, but without a break down of the alcohol consumption, you can't get anything definitive from it.

Also, from your very link:

BBC said:
But Dr Stuart Flanagan, who works in accident and emergency, said while the BBPA figures were encouraging, they had to be seen in the context that alcohol consumption had risen for 60 years.

He told the BBC: "Although we've seen a decrease year on year in the last few years, we've reached our sort of peak of alcohol consumption in 2004, so these are really baby steps in terms of how much alcohol reduction we're seeing across the board."

megadave

I am a FH squatter
blow up liverpool and the drinking statistics will fall dramatically

should solve loads of other problems too :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Don't think raising prices will help all that much, Sweden has probably the most expensive alcohol in the world and we're still consistantly topping the alcohol consumption/person charts.

Everz

FH is my second home
For christ sake, let people do what they want with their lives tbfh. ;<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom