Your outcomes of duels....

O

old.mattshanes

Well my ra spec is shit because goa do not give me one grr doing 10-20% less dmg:(

Mirieth funny how few of them it was who got last hit....

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by Traia
All in all I think friars make a good dueling class.

If I spent close to 10hours dueling and beat the shit out of anything that moves, I'd say the same aswell :D

Just wait till I get my spellcrated gear...

...then I'll get slapped silly by friars in spellcrafted gear also... :(

O

old.SadonTheGrey

If you spam PBAE, I just sit in the corner of the room, go off and get a drink and wait for you to run out of mana. The key to playing an infil is patience

That's like just as lame as spamming pbaoe, you don't wanna stoop as low as I do :p

H

Hadess

No point duel any casters because its impossible to get a fair fight.

This is my resuslts so far:
Other Minstrels: 90% victory. 29% slash resist :)
Paladins: 60%
Armsmen: 30%
Friar: 0%
Infiltrator: 0% if they start with pa. 30% otherwise
Scout: 100%
Merc: Only faught 2 and won 1 but i guess that was luck :) so maybe write down 20%

I must say that minstrel did way better then i could ever imagine :)

R

Roalith

Myself: Hybrid spec slash polearmsman.

Friars: Down to RAs. Have beaten level 50 lower RR Friars, around 75% victories. Went up against Traia a couple of times, got pwned.

Mercs: Pretty high victory chance, unless they use dirty tricks. Polearm rage/revenge chain is the way to destroy Mercs.

Infiltrators: Have defeated most infils I've fought fairly readily, only times I had problems were when kited, and my very first duel when the patch went live - vs Liste. I would say avoid dragonfang infs like the plague, but Jadow's a gimp :D
Land a slam on an infil (normally after about 4 attempts), swap to polearm, and watch their HP drop.

Scouts: Giggle.

Paladins: Can beat low chants pallies quite readily. Asori, Carnelian, and a few others are next to impossible to beat though - twisting end and health regen while engaging (Carn) is bad m'kay. Yussef has evil tactics too.

Polearmsmen: All down to who gets the first Rage/Revenge chain off. Usually, it's Damionus.

S/S Armsmen: Impossible, unless they're dumb enough to use all their end trying to slam you while you're engaging them. Even then, they will most likely block every attempt you have at slamming them back. Swapping to polearm once they've burnt their endurance on your engage, styling with pole till you're OOE, then swapping back to s/s has won me one or two bouts, but otherwise very nasty.

Casters: Refuse to go there :D

L

Lochlyessa

Hm, spent a few hours tonight dueling in sauv, some funny results

Clerics - Won every single one, va Nee and Bell, prolly due to me being highlander. Normally made them use 2 instants and BoF with me using one instant

Friars - Ow. Traia beat me every single time, even once when she didn't use any styles. Least I can say is 'I was pwned'

Infils - Fairly mixed here, went down to the wire with Derric, he won tho. But then, I used both instants etc, and he didn't use anything :p Nerf infils! Jadow just kited after I used BoF, and still managed to do worse then Derric.. made him use IP and fa, still got him down to 30% after that and 2 pa's :(

Minstrels - Heh, so wanna duel coren :p Only went up against Viras, but I think it was 3-1 to me at the end, he won once when I insta-healed him instead of me, how dumb :D

Theurgists - ow, ow, ow, chain stunning pets is just ow. Only chance I had vs Sami was resists, or a pure melee duel :p

Sorcs - again, only dueled Xorta twice, won both tho. Was nothing much she could do up close, 'cept hit MoC, then she died 1 sec later :p I felt so ewul.

Armsmen - Dueled Kastagir, nee's alt, won in pure melee, and obviously in normal duels, but then he's a blue con :p Would prolly lose vs a lvl 50 arms, or pala :eek:

Was really quite suprised at some of the results, but all the duels were fun, but they're starting to lose the novelty now

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Lochlyessa

Minstrels - Heh, so wanna duel coren :p Only went up against Viras, but I think it was 3-1 to me at the end, he won once when I insta-healed him instead of me, how dumb :D

lol :clap:

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Why melee's don't duel wizards I do not know, we can only root once, which normally comes at the start of the battle since you will sprint at use; we need to stop you. No way we can keel you before you reach is from 1500 range especially with decent resists. Ice dd/snare is 30 secs and broken as soon as a normal DD hits...

Sucks that so few casters duel each other though, caster vs caster is fun, who can beat the interrupt code first, rah ~~

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Ice dd/snare is 30 secs and broken as soon as a normal DD hits...

Chain cast dd/snare and kite.

B

bellious

Inf-If my con i will pwn in 3-5 smite, if oragne 50/50
Pally-erm took one down b4 he even got to me(lvl 50)
Arms-had one and lost
Cleric-Hard for me 50/50
Merc- had one and lost
Wiz-got Nomercy to 5% hp then he used fa(we said no instas, had both of mine left) so i would have won
Still want to try the rest : )

K

Korebwyn

Logged on alb today for a laugh, duelled 4 people

won em all :p

Gimly
Pliny
Andbool
Mersain

thanks for the great fun, never tried duelling before today

C

cruhar

not done a serius duel yet
but been killed by Danhyr (merc) Bilz (merc) and
Ozwaldo (polearms)

I'd like a fair fight against ozwaldo tho, cus I wanted to see how much damage a polearms did to me (~280) ... but I think I blocked / parried quite alot ... and being a VERY defensive s/s pally with engage, I could probably take him ... even tho im bluecon

O

Ozwaldo

Originally posted by cruhar
not done a serius duel yet
but been killed by Danhyr (merc) Bilz (merc) and
Ozwaldo (polearms)

I'd like a fair fight against ozwaldo tho, cus I wanted to see how much damage a polearms did to me (~280) ... but I think I blocked / parried quite alot ... and being a VERY defensive s/s pally with engage, I could probably take him ... even tho im bluecon

Dream On :)

Call me tonight if you are on

T

Turamber

Nearly had him when we duelled the other night though :) And now I've discovered the joys of 'engage' I expect to win a few more duels against polearmsmen.

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by Turamber
Nearly had him when we duelled the other night though :) And now I've discovered the joys of 'engage' I expect to win a few more duels against polearmsmen.

Ever since people have started playing with engage, polearmsmen chances have went from certain win to 50/50 :(

O

old.Sko

Funniest one was with Morpheus - , ran a bit around, till got dragonfang in, one evade chain, second evade chain - stun wears off - me on 90%, he at approx. 10%, oops, he gets his pole stun in at last bits of health and bashes me into ground in two hits ;)
Strange that polearms dont get it off often - their stun is pure evil i'd say ;)

O

old.GeForce

without it, we're pretty much dead tbh- its like S/S and slam.

O

old.mattshanes

Roalith bet you say they dont destory mercs now after fighting me eh?:) hehe well duels are luck too i guess.

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Roalith bet you say they dont destory mercs now after fighting me eh?:) hehe well duels are luck too i guess.

Roalith is a Hybrid though :( Bad example of a Polearmsman... or a S/S'er :(

O

old.mattshanes

No he isn't highlander and doesn't have master of parry 3:p like you damionus you bastard!! i get you back pieman!!! hehe:D

K

krait

Originally posted by old.GeForce

Ever since people have started playing with engage, polearmsmen chances have went from certain win to 50/50 :(

<takes notes>

:D

H

hrodelbert

well i've beaten a crush poler and velo ( slash?) without using engage and done it quite comfortably.

R

Roalith

I used pure pole that fight matty, and you parried my defender's rage you bastid :p

The only way I really win fights is to use my full spec, slam, run through, phalanx x 2, then pole or s/s as necessary ;)

A

agraucred

so far ive only lost to an RR5 paladin and an Infil who i didnt even know had challeneged me, i thought it was some armsman stood in front with his sword out when <stab/poison/death/wtf?!>

ive beaten every armsman thats challenged me (although i did loose to altron when we tested out the end regen stones), smite cleric, Ice wizard, another infil, slash and crush mercs, and a couple of other paladins

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Didn't they change it to diminishing returns tho?

D

daphatfriar

Friar seems to be the best duellist in Alb I've had pretty good results so far. Prolly won 80 - 90 % of my fights and i'm only RR3..

The only class that really owns a Friar 1v1 is a champ - A debuffed Friar is a dead Friar.

If u want a tip for best duellist in the game then a LW champ is a damn good bet...

O

old.mattshanes

A lv47 friar beat 2 lv50 armsmen last night and he nearly beat me so i would say they are yes.

Users who are viewing this thread