Your outcomes of duels....

O

old.mattshanes

Having some nice fun today dueling around 20-30 people it's been great,proves that rps can make a difference aswell as many other things with peoples chars.

My results on the following classes are summarised here:

Paladin-Usually beat fairly easy even though they give a nice long fight and one nearly killed me:)

Armsman-If hybrid specced i am dead but i will give a good fight,s/s i won all.

Friar-If lv50 i die usually or may win just they are very very tough.

Infiltrator-Slash spec they dead,thrust they have 50/50 chance of me beating them or losing.

Scout-If i get within range they die quick if i dont i could if they are 50 bow.

Minstrels-Their dd's can hurt and give a decent fight although they don't win they pack a punch.

Anyway thats the classes i have mainly dueled,in my view my class does decent i guess but not the best,best in duels are friars and hybrid spec armsman.

Anyway duels are just for fun:D

What did everyone else think of each class they dueled?

Y

Yussef

Having a hard time against Thrusters atm, due to low thrust resists. Beaten most S/S opponents, lost 2 times that I'm aware of.

Still need to get use to 10 buttons + endurance chant techniques, but doing ok atm.

O

old.windforce

paladins - me: 0-5 (hybrid rocks)
friar (traia) - me: 2-0 (ouch)

didn't do tanks yet

O

old.Atrox

Minstrels = Almost impossible.
Friar = Well played friars are very hard to beat.
Paladin = Won all so far
Armsmen = Won all so far
Cleric = Not tried so far
Scout = Not tried so far
Infiltrator = 50/50, missed PA and I'll win, If I get them targeted fast enough after PA I have a small chance.
Merc = Won all so far
Wizzard = Pretty easy, depends on resists.
Theurg = Wind are hard, not tried earth yet
Sorc = Not tried so far
Caba = Not tried so far ( imagine these being the hardest )

Been fun, kinda hard to duel as a caster thou :(

O

Ozwaldo

Originally posted by old.Atrox
Armsmen = Won all so far

Been fun, kinda hard to duel as a caster thou :(

Hmm I beat you its 1 all atm

A

Arlone

very dependant on their RR and playingstyle. I had some fun and long fights with other s/s armsmen. Won most cause of my nice legionitems and MP sword I s'pose :)

Killed 6-7 polearmers until I met one guy (Daminus?) that killed me in a close fight. They hit hard but with a few blocks in the right places they can't get their nasty chains off and you outlast 'em.

Mercs are very hard for us s/s'ers. Very low blockrate on dualweild and they deal damage fast and aggresivly. If you manage to get them out of endurance before you die you can outlast these too.

Scouts ... <giggle> ... doubt s/s armsmen are their primary target.

Infs. Very mixed results. Got owned by some due to no blocks and icky debuffs, and others were killed during the 10 sec brutalize-shieldstyle :)

Paladins. Lost 2 (godfather and SF) and won .. uhm, around 5. Fun fights but once I'm out of endurance I can't deal enough damage to counter their healchant. A no win situation if I don't save end for reactionary styles only.

Friars. Started with losing 2 fights (traia and Ouroboros) but I later had my revenge on both (and one other). It might be a 50%50 chance against friars - depending on their evades and my blocks.

Minstrels .. didn't loose any (even with their darn mezz/kite thingie). With a level 50+ pet things would probably not be as easy tho.

Didn't fight any casters or clerics.

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by Arlone
Killed 6-7 polearmers until I met one guy (Daminus?) that killed me in a close fight. They hit hard but with a few blocks in the right places they can't get their nasty chains off and you outlast 'em.

Rah! :clap:

and its Damionus! :p

Just to round up quickly, the only real danger to pure polearmsmen are friars really. SS armsmen, some pallys and also some infiltrators are challenging. Also found out that Hybrid Polearmsmen seemed a bit gimped tbh, only lost a few rounds with them. Other melee classes fear and obey the pole.

But Overall I won much more battles than I lost today, and I'm really happy with my spec now as I've tested it fully in 1 v 1 combat :clap:

C

Cybwyn

Duelled 2 people so far....

Theurgist - Kicked my arse all over the place (well, the pets did anyway)

Friar - One duel where the Friar allowed me a crit shot start (I won). Next duel which was purely melée (I got knocked on my arse having taken about 20% off the friar)

T

tris-

most even con tanks i could kill in 3 hits apart from one paladin who took about 5 minutes to kill. so i got my level 10 paladin out and started dueling a couple of people around pryd bridge about 2-3 levels higher than me. killed them all and they said i cant be level 10 even though they did a /who :clap:

S

Sagba

Using active RAs (IP,purge etc) in duels is allowed, right?

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Sagba
Using active RAs (IP,purge etc) in duels is allowed, right?

Dueler's decide on this one, I prefer not to use ra's.

O

old.Bubble

all my duels so far have been without pet

i have beaten a paladin( close through )
minstrel i lost to twice(second was very close)
wizzys i have only lost 1 duel(a staff duel against mortisha...i fogot she doted me first lol...her dot crited for 189)

Beaten a smite cleric :D

C

civy

Watch out when using a pet, or at least make the other person aware. When I was killed my pet decided the outcome wasn’t right and proceeded to continue the fight after I was dead.

Luckily the pet wasn’t hurt, so I was able to quickly mezz and recharm. I don’t think people will want to fight you if there is a possible xp death at the end :doh:

C

cHodAX

Can beat all other casters fairly comfortably except other wind thuergists, they have proved to be tough adversarys but so far only Teoz has dropped me and as everyone knows he is a quality opponent. One sorc has soundly beaten me (cabbage) but after adjusting tactics I overcame him again and again. As for tanks, well only one Paladin has beaten me so far. He did that by running round a house and so I couldn't cast and the the cheeky devil sprinted in and slammed me :) Suprisingly I have found stealthers fairly easy to kill so far, scouts are tricky if they stealth and then crit shot although pbt takes the first arrow 85% of the time and then /face quickcast mezz ends the battle for them . Infs with proper tactics will be very hard to drop I am guessing. Mercs are pure evil if they get close, fast weapons and double hits just mess any caster up. Minstrels, hold them off at range and they are damn easy but if they get close they can be a casters nightmare by timing DD's and Stun right.

N

Nightchill

0-5 Friar
0-1 Paladin

This is with my level 23 minstrel against equal level players :) not really surprising tho. Was very close with the friar a few times, the paladin handed me my ass on a plate heh.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Paladin - Can't beat em, even had a problem vs a bluecon :p And I cheated using MoC against Bofgrey :p
Armsman - Fairly easy
Wizards - Easy, nerf 2.6 sec DD with mastery of art :)
Theurgists - Got beaten 5 times by a bluecon air theurg without me winning once, nerf!
Friars - Only one one cos she thought I was a fire wizard and wasn't prepared, impossible to kite normally cos they do so much dmg with swing
Cleric - Easy as pie
Minstrel - Cannae do them, too hard
Infiltrator - Easy if I spam PBAoE, otherwise depends if they PA successfully
Sorcerer - Only dueled one, both of us got unlucky on resists, she beat me in the end :p

Basically against casters its who manages to beat the interrupt code, vs tanks it depends on whether I get a dd/snare off before they melee me, paladins have too much cold resist ~~

Of course, it doesn't help that most people want to start really close to me, which is silly cos why duel if you start in unfair positions? Like I wouldn't nuke you to hell and back as you run towards me in Emain from a distance.

C

Coren

S/S Arms/Pally - ouch
Pole armsmen - havent tried one yet
Merc - close one without a pet, easy win with one. :p
Inf - 50/50, nerf Derric ;)
Scout - haven't tried one yet
Minstrel - usually very close since it all depends on who evades and blocks more, and the chance to do that is kinda small
Wizzies/Theurg/Sorc - easy kills (yes, I use stealth :p)
Cabbie - 50/50, depends on who presses the pet attack button or the stealth button the fastest. :eek:
Friar - ouch :rolleyes:
Cleric - haven't tried one yet

Will probably win against all of those if I get to use an orange/yellow con pet, but not many around the places I dueled. :eek:

O

old.Bubble

i haven't faught a wind theugist yet :)

i'd bring an ellyll guard as a pet to make it fair :D
(fast git that can outrun Sorc/theugist speed)

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Infiltrator - Easy if I spam PBAoE, otherwise depends if they PA successfully

If you spam PBAE, I just sit in the corner of the room, go off and get a drink and wait for you to run out of mana. The key to playing an infil is patience :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

Dueler's decide on this one, I prefer not to use ra's.

play best of three :)

makes it fairer (since passive RAs are used...)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey

Of course, it doesn't help that most people want to start really close to me, which is silly cos why duel if you start in unfair positions? Like I wouldn't nuke you to hell and back as you run towards me in Emain from a distance.

Never take a challenge if they don't give you at least 1200 units, casters need time to cast where as 1st melee round is instant. With Quickcast being interuptable you need that space and any fair duelist will give you that. The lamest thing I have seen so far is Ino challenge Sandrariel, Ino accepted the challenge after he had close the gap to under 500 units and then just insta stunned. LAME! I took issue with him and he basically said anything that gets you a win is fair, hmm and a 17th century duel with a pistol against a minigun is fair too right Ino?

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by old.Bubble
i'd bring an ellyll guard as a pet to make it fair :D
(fast git that can outrun Sorc/theugist speed)

They can? bah :(

D

davince

cleric lvl 45

won all duels equel or under my lvl so far, lost all the duels above my lvl altough i nearly won from a merc 2 lvl's higher if only my insta mezz had worked.
If you fight a cleric it all depends of that insta mezz if he gets it off your almost certainly dead but if not you win i saw a lvl 50 cleric lose from a lvl 45 pally cause his mezz failed, dueled the pally myself and won :)
A pitty so many have purge wich makes it hard for a cleric to win.

H

hercules-df

Maybe we need a proper duelling area to fight in, would make it a bit better for the poor ranged ppl, just some area of land with 2 lines for each person to start from so casters cant complain about ppl starting too close or tanks being raped from standing too far apart. Wont make much difference for tank c tank fights theyll just have to heave their lumbering fat bodys towards each other :)

Also how about some team based duelling in the next patch :D and maybe some npcs representing different realms classes so we can test out stuff on them. Also maybe just maybe a big sexy zoneable duelling area for all realms to goto

T

Traia

Hmm done a fair amount of duels, a few interesting outcomes. S/s tanks are definatley the hardest for me, with my duel with Shane lasting over 5 minutes and 1-1 result.

All in all I think friars make a good dueling class.

O

old.Kladen

twohanded paladin must be the most gimpest duelist class coz ive lost ever single duel ive been in.

oh well one month sub for nothing :( when do you think we will get respec stones??

D

dippy

when i start duelling i'll want to be using mithra as the arena.... but it depends what kind of fight you want :)

D

darbey

With my sword/board pally score ive beatren 2 even con friars, although fights took forever , i blocked 4 out of 5 swings, he evaded 4 out 5, lost to a polearmsman although was close and won 2 sword/board pallys although all very close. My high shield works very well now the blocking and parrying issues are sorted.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by old.cHodAX

Never take a challenge if they don't give you at least 1200 units, casters need time to cast where as 1st melee round is instant. With Quickcast being interuptable you need that space and any fair duelist will give you that. The lamest thing I have seen so far is Ino challenge Sandrariel, Ino accepted the challenge after he had close the gap to under 500 units and then just insta stunned. LAME! I took issue with him and he basically said anything that gets you a win is fair, hmm and a 17th century duel with a pistol against a minigun is fair too right Ino?

To add to the list of lame things:

Dueled an Inf: they were at about 2% and me about 10%, she snares and kites... :sleeping:

It's bad enough in the frontier, but in duels? :wall:

Other than that: most s/s beat my hybrid specc, beat some s/s pallies... dueled no casters properly. Pwned Sycho totally :clap:. Infils 50/50 ... Friars... ow.

Users who are viewing this thread