your job

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Hargh
Yaruar you have some freaks on your website eh?

Heh, that website sucks and is in the middle of a total redesign.

I collect freaks ;)

Actually most of my focus is on photographing upcoming alternative bands. The pics on there are nothing compared to some of my more controversial work ;)

H

Hargh

What does alternative mean these days? I'm a bit out of touch, looks more like goths to me. I am past it now tho :D

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Hargh
What does alternative mean these days? I'm a bit out of touch, looks more like goths to me. I am past it now tho :D
Pretty much anything, goths, punks, cyberkiddies, metallers, and a mix and match of the rest. I'm technically past it too, but I pretend most of the time ;-)

R

Roo Stercogburn

IT Consultant

Pros:

I like what I do. A lot.
A lot of the time it is easy which allows me time to get up to mischief on the DAoC forums ;)
What I do is genuinely satisfying.
Sometimes I bail people out of the kak where others have failed which means I get to feel smug.
I work for myself.
I get around the country a bit, which means I get to meet lots of people, which I enjoy.
All my work is word of mouth, I haven't had to apply for a job in years.
Sometimes I get to deal with techies that make the mistake of talking down to me. Let the fun begin MUHAHAHAHA(TM).
My customers buy me beer. At times, lots of beer. Occasionally insane amounts of beer.
Pay isn't half bad.

Cons:

I am away from home a lot.
Hotel rooms have long since lost their charm and the internet connections I get are generallly really bad. (However, fooling hotel switchboards into letting me have a free internet connection makes me chuckle when I can make that work).
When the shit hits the fan there's me and then there's god which means there can be some pressure at times :D
There is always someone who has to prove they know what I do better than I do instead of trying to cooperate to make things work.

L

Lumikki

Worked this summer in the Opera festivals in Savonlinna doing all sorts of thingies

Pros:
Got to work in a beautiful castle
Sometimes lots of free time --> nice tan :)
Don't have to pay to watch the operas (love them)
Mostly nice people and great atmosphere
Got to meet/see world famous stars :)
Plenty of new friends

Cons:
Sometimes very stressing
Long days and sometimes 7 days a week
Pay could have been better, 5.7€/h. Made 2313€ in total
Dangerous place to work in, lots of steep stairs and well.. it's an ooooold castle so!

Great experience :)

Back in school now :(

xx

T

Tom

Television cameraman:

pros:

Work all over world
Don't get bored (mostly)
Good pay
Self employed
Meet lots of famous people