Your favourite BG1 class?

K

kameh

I was wondering what everyone enjoys playing in BG1, personally I quite like leveling a baby necro because they're so different or playing a caster. Which is unusual since I hate XPing with them :D

I'm tempted to try a Reaver in Thid, are they any good?

A

Asha

reaver was ok, but it's much more fun w/slam and levi :D

cabalist is fun in bg imo :)

A

andruril

Sorc, big time...

never lost a 1v1... unless i got resisted, or 2 others popped up...

specially vs stealthers, unless they can 1shot you, they fucked, qc a mezz, get some distance and lifedrain em...

i did 20 mind, 13 body... kicked arse, still am ;)

Fear Bindy Sue :D

though if you wanna own full stop, do a slash infil :S

S

Sibanac

earth wizzy = drop a gt anywhere and 4 stealthers run like rats for cover
matter cabby = aoe dot will whipe out groups

D

Danamyr

I know you asked for BG1 characters, but I have only played healing classes in BG1, so I'd like to nominate a BG0 character if I may?

I had a Lvl 19 NS in Hib/Pryd, and that was amazing fun :)

Your heart really does start racing in the second or so before an attempted wtfpwn :)

I used to love attacking players in a huge group either on the MB or right outside the CK if we didn't own it - amazing how much that unsettles people :)

The class I feared the most out of all Realms was the Alb Reaver - that insta PBAOE they have is a frickin' nightmare :(

T

tripitaka

The only char ive played in BG 1 in Alb was my fire wizzie - not the best character i dont think - and nigh on impossible to get groups with - i spent an hour asking every 10 minutes in CG once - noone replied, or invited.

I'll pick a BG0 char too i think.

Full Suppression Bonedancer - 222 (cap is 125) Realm points, died only once (with no rezz) , i think a total of 4 times including rezzes.

BD in BG0 really does WTFpwn as ppl call it.

K

kirennia

Matter Cabalists, wiping out whole fgs in one AoE DoT is fun :D

N

Nebel

I have tried out several BG1-chars.

The most funny ones imo definetely are the earthwizzy (2 bolts: on blue casters u get 1-hit-kills; GTAOE in keep-attacks/defence is very annoying for the enemy) and the minstrel (speeding around fooling the enemy is big fun too).
Matter-Cabby was fun too... BUT: 1 big disadvantage: u get RPs for every player u hurt when they get killed --> caus of your AOE-DOT u will cap out after 2 evenings of fun...rofl.

So... all in all, my advice woukd be earthwizzy... just caped out my 3rd one :-((

I

iceflower

Summon specced spiritmaster, mostly because very few solo stealthers know how to deal with the pet. Challenge the assassin/archer outside mpk, set the pet on it while you withdraw to mpk and wait for the inevitable killmessage, those buffs you give to the pet are murder at level 24. Very laid back way to kill people :) If they try and run before the pet has reached them, just put a mezz on them.

For sheer fun try a staffblade, completely outside the box char, and the damage variance makes for really nailbiting fights.

If you want lots of killmessages, go for a aoe dotter. They are very powerful at level 24. And it is a pain to cure poison on a whole group.

Stealthers and casters seems to enjoy themselves most in thid at least. And avoid playing rezzers as every soloplaying char in the bg think it is your duty to run around rezzing them instead of playing in your group.

Iceflower
Spreading the word of God among the pagans

U

uberweebeastie

PainWorking Neroc, when albs taking / Defending CK xD

O

old.m0000

love my scout

play it when bored
had it at 24 since like april
still not capped
but damn good fun

K

K0nah

Originally posted by andruril
Sorc, big time...

agree 100%

sorc is the only (non-stealth) class i've played in bg1 that can truly solo well, i guess necro might be ok but if u meet a fg+ ur fooked :)

sorc u just lay down that evul mezz, kill a few and skip away into the sunset :m00:

mind/matter worked nicely, i may roll another :p

reaver is fun but as with most non-stealth classes, u just get gang-banged all too often (assuming your talking solo)

L

lac_desariel

Sorc is great fun You see em coimng you bolt range mezz :) or theres the qc mezz for close stuff no det to worry about great fun

Q

quinthar

Matter Cabi!!, I liked it so much I made another one, scout was fun for solo action as was infil, Sorc was great fun too, mez is a wonderful thing.

I found friar, Thuerg, mincer and reaver boring.

One day I'll make a wizzy type.

S

sebi

fire wizz
gr8 4 keep attack and defense and fgvfg
not so gr8 in 1v1

necro is fun 2
to run around and pick on single target even stealther

F

Flimgoblin

smite cleric :)

though I didn't solo an awful lot...

was funniest when we had smiteone through smitetwelve out there ;)

P

pinball

Scout is best by loads.....(imo)
I was hitting for 512 in bg1 killed basiclly everyone for 1-2 shots.
Only class better then scout is animist in bg :D

N

necrofill

Originally posted by lac_desariel
Sorc is great fun You see em coimng you bolt range mezz :) or theres the qc mezz for close stuff no det to worry about great fun

actully yes... with dinging lvl 20 even the slow way or /level u get 1 rp = det2 just get 150 rps and u got det2!!

but matter caby imoa it r fun to beat a fg with 1 aoe dot :)

F

Fagane

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
smite cleric :)

Defently true, would like to see they're face when you kill someone with smite and then res somebody near them.

Buffs, and smite together rocks, just do never res anybody outside your group if you even do that, once you start to res you will only res in BG1. To manny twinks who die even before they're RS is gone.

Fagane

Users who are viewing this thread