your earliest memory of exp'ing .. who with ?

B

Bleeker

i remember joining Phoenix Guard at lvl 7 with my pally and exping in Salisbury Plains with Andrew, Elath, Draegen, Nicholas, Steph and many many more...
damn i was scared looking at those giants :p

A

azvero

Hi ialk ;) nice to see you are still going strong.
and same to you noret. does koto still play? still remember the tepok nights from beta, PVE wasnt that bad and boring then :)
0nly mentioned people i played xped a lot with in retail.. would be some more if added beta to it :D

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Kalg, left game around 1000 tailoring ;)

Kalg ofc, Flint was in Dragon Knights right?

F

flibodob

Originally posted by Aybabtu
Kalg ofc, Flint was in Dragon Knights right?

Kalg i believe left daoc as he started a new job that made it kinda hard to play daoc.

If i remember correctly he started working for the Royal Mail and had to get out of bed real early.

earliest people i remember grouping with were Zerathol / pksilver, madryoch, turan (the cleric b4 he rerolled as a friar), Taxi ( kiltyascharged's alt)

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by **Aligro**
earliest memory is being in the same guild as quicksilver/rayzor/sarsur when we were like lvl 10 or so

anyone else here remember "seventh legion"

yer i was gm of that guild :p

W

wolfofslaughter

Im glad no one mentioned me lol the gimped thrust and shield british armsmen :p

I remember grouping in mithra and dieing allot due to the big boss kicking ass in there. then this cleric called hercules would come rezz me .. nice bloke

Me and coaxmetal and maybe more oragnised a raid on the bg 30-35 keep for fun cant remember if we took it or not i just remember it was fun n all.

o yea was fun taking on one of them massive crab things in lyness i was level 44 at the time and grouped with i think 2 clerics both of em lower level then me and a merc and a minstrel dont remember names bahh all i remember is i killed it by some miricle with there help... was a insane thing to try but what else could u do in lyness at 44 without a sorcerer except go nutz .... bahh i ramble too much :p

S

ssgamblor

I remeber teaming with lots of peeps , my First GUild Royal Titans.

But from Keltio onwards i seemed to grp with a Thuerg called Puppetmistress alot =) (she beat me to 50 as well :( )

and i pretty much solo'd from 40 + onwards , except for guildies every now and again ...

a colour challenged pally ,
a very gimped scout ,
a brave but ickle armswoman,
and a extremly mad Friar ,

of course there where many more , Hotc was fun as well when it opened , farm some xp , farm some mids/hibs .
One day myself and my bro ( Arms) farmed 20 k out of hotc , one guy we killed 4 times untill he relisied that we would keep on farming him ... silly bugger

V

Vegy

Started off leveling with random people, don't really remember many names except my 2 rl mates. At around 30-35 I met alien and we started to group up everyday, Alien,Seranu(now Wid hib/exc), Aigan, Gawain and some others whose names I forget.
The from around 40-50 I leveled with basically the same people day in day out, I had just joined The Ministry and we casically had GGs for the last 10 levels, Ardoc/Pulsing, Zaknafien, Alien, Faithbringer, Zevrith, Vypericor, Elisabeth, Noodle, chaining stonecrushers/demolishers in DM since no one exped there, and finally hunting hibs mids and mobs in DF.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vegy666/DAoC/guild_stonecrusher_chains.jpg < nice pic from dm hunting

A

aikmore

Originally posted by noret

edit: oh and my first rvr experience with Aikmore! Was in snowdonia at lv ~33-35. (to aik: <cough>...) [/B]

lol.... dont worry i wont tell :clap:

P

Prat

hmm lemme think

Starion
Arturion
Ukfalcon
Maff
Bedwin
Toecutter
Kyriam

pretty sure i remember killing thos named bandits above ludlow with aikmore aswell

and more but cant remember there names back when i was in azure lion company.

M

Motowntheta

He he sorry to bring this old one up again :)

I remembering meeting Starion on my first day or so in Beta and then seeing him a couple of days into retail and joining a group killing Sacrificers in South Black Mountains. He got me into the 'we love horses' Azure Lions Company, lots of people seemed to have ended up in there ;)

After them being in North & South feeling left out as the only guy not using Team Speak ;) and spending endless hours as Gambits heal/buff bitch in Catacombs and Barrows.

Ofc was quite funny when Thorwyn still had the logs of our first retail days grouping ;)

and Prat you forgot Williem ..... ;)

G

gibberish

In early days around salisbury plains is when I first started grouping, and that was with a bunch of red dragons guys more often or not right up into the 30ies, consisting of people like:

me,
Kestrel,
cadence,

and the rd's:

pallando
fii
brachfae
madonion
ariadni/minnie

Sadly few of those play still and after 40+ it was mostly barrows or random df groups.

Fondest memories of exping though will no doubt be some of the hilarious danoin clerks chain pulling groups we had, back when you could still chain pull them, the group and exp was as good as any but I remember having some very funny conversations and missends and generally a good laugh during those few levels down there.

Hehe yep I remember those days Kag - we used to have a great laff bud. Really miss those times

Way back when...

First ever person i grouped with was Brachfae and we became good buddies, shame he has now left for greener pastures.

Else all of the orignal Red Dragons there still a few of us knocking around.

Kagato & Kes many days hunting Ponies, with Brachfae terrible sense of direction and not so clever pulling powers, lucky Kes was a damn good cleric.

Man it is damn good thinking of the old times.

Uuuuum thanks for that bud........ I think...... and yes we were damn lucky we had Kes with us :clap:

Anyway these posts have really made me think what good times we used to have and how much I miss those times which is why the game has lost a lot of its appeal for me :(

O

old.SadonTheGrey

I xped on river drakelings and worms and things at lvl 3/4 with Shar with my first char, Sadon the elementalist :p

Also remember Madcarrot joining my group @ manes demons when he conned grey and we pl'ed him a lvl or two.

They were the days /sigh

O

old.Wildfire

"I also remeber Wildfire from the gobo times - when he body pulled then as caster. We are all flabegasted - especially when he asked " sos does any1 else wanna try" and all of us went /em scare fott in dirt and look away."
:clap:

C

Conchabar

teza
seven
carlos
zombie
sun
goku
quicksilver
sarsur
aligro

Y

ye-roon

my first xping partner was Chronus the armsman, now known as Magiczod the minstrel :)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
treniel
wtf
alithiel - levelled all the way up with her :great:
ashgen + adaptive + calomas + tydomasi + nerrida + isarisha + tomsc (old-skool Knights who say Ni)
sharielle (aka dreama)
kcinimodus
phish
bommer
chicoperro
temos
infilttrator (twat)

prime (play with him now as his 50 champ in hib)
vortimer (again, play with him now in hib, 50 chanter?)
if anyone could get hold of him actually, i just found this pic of us exping on salis, was gonna show him :)

I remember you fireballing some red Cornwall hen and getting 2 of us killed ya tart :p

Eick killer bump

B

Bilf

I had a Pally (called georgie) who was slash/thrust/crush/shield/chants/parry specced. :D

I remember vaguely grouping with someone called Pet (never saw him again) and Beannor too, tho I'm not sure which char of his that was.

I'm sure there was a char called Ember too. Any of those chars ring any bells with anyone?

B

Bilf

Oh btw, georgie got deleted pretty swiftly when greens were kicking my arse, and Bill the cleric was born. :D

Avalonian clerics r 4 teh w1n. :p

A

azvero

hm reminds me also of the times long long ago.. zoyster and outlaw were still newbies.. we were all around lvl 15 and grouped with some other people. Then we head to keltoi and had huge fights.. so we were resting of a fight and all LOP and LOH.

Zoyster and Outlaw were seperated from the group.. and they thought it was ok to blast a fireball and some nukes in the banisher room..
so just when we were about to ask: where are you 2 ? they came running out and were running around the place like little girls with a horde of banishers after them.. :)

no need to explain we got wiped.. :)

this happened a lot in their groups back then :p

D

Drum

I remember a couple of people from my early days just at the start of retail, playing Bede an unguilded friar. Loads of fun in Mithra with:

Goody
Paranoid
A paladin whose name I can't remember.

One particular night in Mith was still the most fun I've ever had in DAoC (despite dying like 5 or 6 times each).

Goody is still around and made 50 a couple of weeks ago (some acheivement for a scout!). Paranoid sold his account. I have retired Bede pretty much, parked at 33 while I'm levelling up Able the paladin (currently 39).

O

old.Sepiritz

I remember a nice cleric named Forbiddian (im sure hes still around playing, as a fotm infil or something) that was quoted 'I could get aggro!' when asked why he didnt heal at all in a group he was in. Good way to improve peoples attitudes vs. smite clerics. :)

Some of the best moments exping was when we had the first AoE pull groups going on gobbo beach. I think we were the first ones to start tangler groups.
However we used to have a load of firewizards area nuking the hordes of gobbos running after Odysseus critshot their scout.
Ah the good old days, the whining, the exp, the insanity. :)
*waves to Ignea, Ludwig, Odysseus, etc...

S

shivvering_away

Earliest ppl i remember were Treon, Baff and Lightsabre from the old Fellowship of the North - the 1st Guild I joined when my pala used to wander around with a dirty great big axe.

Apart from that, all i can remember is a sorc named Zoe from a tangler group at 40+

Any former FotN guys still have the screenies of me in my Pink and Silver Plate? :D

I blame you for setting up the guild colours in that way :/

p.s. Baff & Lightsabre do you still play?

O

old.Darkan

Wicked post :clap:

I miss the old days hehe....

Big up to Huma + Loras - Odin's xp fortehwin.

Nerf Arawnites tbh.

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

shot7.jpg

shot8.jpg

shot9.jpg

Number 9 specially for Donner ;)

EDIT - I have more screenies if u want to see em, chuck me a pm ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom