your earliest memory of exp'ing .. who with ?

Y

-yoda-

dunno why i posting this but i got reminiscent toay loiking back at the fun times of exp'ing to 50 ... so i would like to ask you all what are your memorys of some of the people you exp'd with back in the early days ? doesnt mater if they left now still here or recently came back,, which people stick out for you from way back few of mine are

Galayreon (think thats spelt right, exp in catas with him)
Belthazor ( around about cornwall lvl's grpd a few times)
nektar ( in tepoks )
kirennia (in tepoks . n still grp with him today)
vane ( cornwall again)
edra or summin like that ( again in cataz she was a cleric)
apocalypse ( old d2 buddy )
bigtim ( i think thats right , again in cataz )

there is MANY MANY more but regretfully cant remember there names :(

E

Ekydus

Delrith (Pretty much all the time until level 15ish then he overtook me.)
Nyte (Was a Minstrel under another name.)
Puppetmistress (Slavers etc. I remember you might not. :p)
Lorebon (2 Little 2H Paladins running around plains duo'ing anything and everything.)

Ahhh the memories. <Sniff>

S

sirexairman

LoxleyHood at Broken Bridge ;) only person who i can remeber who still plays and i Exped with as a noob ;).

L

loxleyhood

Ghaladriel and Sirex on Salisbury Plain, and Hugominola, Metalwolf and Teleri in Keltoi, Ckiller and Ashgen in Dartmoor, Dreams at tanglers. :)

W

wilddork--

taglim, theurg @lvl 14 (or something) petting boars/adders etc

K

kirennia

Originally posted by -yoda-
dunno why i posting this but i got reminiscent toay loiking back at the fun times of exp'ing to 50 ... so i would like to ask you all what are your memorys of some of the people you exp'd with back in the early days ? doesnt mater if they left now still here or recently came back,, which people stick out for you from way back few of mine are

Galayreon (think thats spelt right, exp in catas with him)
Belthazor ( around about cornwall lvl's grpd a few times)
nektar ( in tepoks )
kirennia (in tepoks . n still grp with him today)
vane ( cornwall again)
edra or summin like that ( again in cataz she was a cleric)
apocalypse ( old d2 buddy )
bigtim ( i think thats right , again in cataz )

there is MANY MANY more but regretfully cant remember there names :(

teapots are indeed the best ever times I can ever rememebr in DAoC :D You, me, bootae, matthiaus....as well as me, hinan tempestblade, rinsewind and moeilijk :D

The best and most generous groups I have ever been in :)

H

hercules-df

remember my first week or so in mithra, all the chaos and deaths, Ghengis Khant spent a lot of his time rezzing me :)
Also Gobby and Infinity at boulderling hill very early on, some therg gave me a quick powerlevel there too around the same time, not sure of the name.

K

Kagato.

In early days around salisbury plains is when I first started grouping, and that was with a bunch of red dragons guys more often or not right up into the 30ies, consisting of people like:

me,
Kestrel,
cadence,

and the rd's:

pallando
fii
brachfae
madonion
ariadni/minnie

Sadly few of those play still and after 40+ it was mostly barrows or random df groups.

Fondest memories of exping though will no doubt be some of the hilarious danoin clerks chain pulling groups we had, back when you could still chain pull them, the group and exp was as good as any but I remember having some very funny conversations and missends and generally a good laugh during those few levels down there.

X

xplo

Slaying small boars with cartouche at lvl 7 and huge boars with konorrel at lvl 15 :)

Oh and in the beta i lvl'd 10 -> 20 with Kalgarn, now the number 1 zerker on prydwen.

O

old.Wildfire

treniel
wtf
alithiel - levelled all the way up with her :great:
ashgen + adaptive + calomas + tydomasi + nerrida + isarisha + tomsc (old-skool Knights who say Ni)
sharielle (aka dreama)
kcinimodus
phish
bommer
chicoperro
temos
infilttrator (twat)

prime (play with him now as his 50 champ in hib)
vortimer (again, play with him now in hib, 50 chanter?)
if anyone could get hold of him actually, i just found this pic of us exping on salis, was gonna show him :)

B

Brynn

I remember exping in Llyn Barfog on the cwyn (skellys) and the Monk things. With Jeffery/Arau/Cait Sith also, at about 24. I remember seeing Moo in Mithra thinkin he had an ace name, and also had to be a high lvl coz the mobs wernt attacking him :p

H

heilel

I was originally introduced to DAOC by a RL friend who convinced me to have a go.
And he was convinced by another RL friend to play.

We originally played on Hib/PRyd , but later both went to Alb/excal, where I started a cleric and he started a Pally.

Neither of them play much anymore, due to their work and home life not leaving much time to play.
But I still do.
Since then I have discovered that a couple of other friends play DAOC and I meet them sometimes.

M

mawina_HB

First group ever i was in was with my then L7 Theugist. Up til then I had soloed only A level 20 invited me by mistake - got so excited about beeing in a group and really dissapointed when he disbanded me: " Sry mate wrong invite"

First XP group was out of WD as L9 or so - remember those scary Wind Mephits. Was often in group with Puma a Cleric. Later he changed to Viel a theugist.

Dina eventually got "parked" at L32

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
alithiel - levelled all the way up with her :great:
ashgen + adaptive + calomas + tydomasi + nerrida + isarisha + tomsc (old-skool Knights who say Ni)
Yeah, I remember hunting extensively with you in Tepok's, Snowdonia (Arawnites were actually good exp for a while! :p ), Barrows, and of course the inevitable Gobbo and Tangler spots... and even Trees!

Oh, and you missed Celesbro off the list! :uhoh:

infilttrator (twat)
I remember him, too.... :rolleyes:

A

acei

Jorath, Ubertankki and Galuc.

We leveled from 13-30 together and i was the only one out of us 4 to continue all the way to 50 :( the others quit, or play on another realm.

M

Madonion Slicer

Way back when...

First ever person i grouped with was Brachfae and we became good buddies, shame he has now left for greener pastures.

Else all of the orignal Red Dragons there still a few of us knocking around.

Kagato & Kes many days hunting Ponies, with Brachfae terrible sense of direction and not so clever pulling powers, lucky Kes was a damn good cleric.

Man it is damn good thinking of the old times.

S

solersor

Ekydus and Nyte at low levels :)
Then people like Jetsetminer, Keels and a few others :)

T

thorwyntf

Astrala was the first person I`ve ever grouped with on releaseday. Still got the chatlogs. Other people I used to group with those days were Pbaz, Polemides, Starion, Murrock and a lot of other people who´s name I forgot :/

F

Flimgoblin

can't really remember many xp groups - me Appollo and Twisted went to Avalon marsh one day (I thought it'd be really dangerous being all that distance from camelot)

Jiggs, Pog, Iolan, Catalina all fighting in Salisbury Plains

I remember a group in keltoi with Silverhood in the ant room :) was superb.

Level 21 I spent two weeks doing bronze/iron/steel consignments in Camelot :) spent days talking at the forge with Badjelly, Kiarra, Egidius, Lawrence, Mcdoom.

T

tazzke

First people i teamed with were my old guildmates from Angels of War :p (long lost guild Dalby -> the original owner of the account & me started right after beta).

I still got some wallpaper of 6 of us showing off to get a nice screenshot :)

After all those months i leveled with SO many people it's impossible to remember them all... but think most of them were guildmates... so ex-AOW & ex-DVE etc

J

Jiggs

well there was alot of people, but the ones i remember the most fondly are prolly:

sunis, thedaddy, fingoniel, catalina, morry, slashy, xalet, afroninja, snailbomb and recundis :)

loads of others too :)

T

TBF[Pazuzu]

Originally posted by kurik
Me and Pazuzu did alot of xp duos in the early days.

ofcourse i did alot of xping with all the Covenant of Zak members... but me and Pazz were tight..

tobad we dont speak to much lately :(
QUOTE]

Nice screenshots Kurik.

I'm officially the crappest person in the world for keeping in contact with people, in RL and Virtual Life. I need to sort myself out.

I'm still in Newcastle, living with GF now, and one of these days, I'm gonna end up on a ferry to your part of the world. Hope DAoC hasn't clobbered your studies!!

See you in game soon mate.

Pazuzu

O

old.Ashgen

Oh the memories ...

Great thread btw …

The names have been mentioned by others, especially Wildfires and Bryn's posts, the thing that I remember most was the adventure.

The first trip to the “ponies” at Dartmoor, the first time in Barrows and of course the “those damn trees”. Even the “Ants” room in Keltoi and the massive gold we used to farm at Tepoks (I remember hitting 100G in there!)

The old Knights Who Say Ni! used to have great guild hunts, an element of the game which I think is lost with all the spell crafted armour. The new players do not have that part of the game to enjoy, and I feel they are missing out on quite a bit.

I think we need “uber” items with “stacked” skills as drops to rekindle the interest in these places.

Regards

Ash

E

Ekydus

Heh. That reminds me. Right far back at the start, Delrith, Nyte and myself were all on Midgard/Prydwen. We managed to get up to about level 7ish and decided to change to Albion/Excalibur. It was fun though because me (Thane), Delrith (Beserker) and Nyte (Skald) were constantly going down to a Lan centre and trying to level up. We came into contact with weird little players such as a female who got very attracted to Delrith because she had a troll fetish. ROFL. Funny times.

H

Hatjitjai

beta xp mostly : pacificx,ialkarn,chipper,herbal,serra
release : mad, ialkarn,rawkeer,pacificx,dherkova,shasa,shell,filthius stekeltje,apocalype,Team Cow,everyone from my guild till 2,5months after i dinged 50 and some danish gimps like sturm(aka master of spoonism),jerroum,trouba etc. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom