Your daily terrorist bullshit.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Suicide bomber in Ansbach Germany. Seems like he blew himself up and injured 10 + , only confirmed dead so far is the bomber.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Adding more fuel to the right's fire, what a tool.

I would say they need to put a lid on it fast but they have already opened Pandora's box.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This keeps up and attacks against refugee's will skyrocket, exactly what ISIS wants because they'd flock to join ISIS then.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
And of course the last one wasn't anything to do with Islamic extremists was it oooo no . Germany is under attack it seems, a problem of it's own making.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well the last one wasn't an Alan's Scackbar sales representative, just a moody teen.

This and the many others looks like it probably is.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
And of course the last one wasn't anything to do with Islamic extremists was it oooo no . Germany is under attack it seems, a problem of it's own making.

Maybe, maybe not. Young, displaced, impressionable. Not in his right mind, suicidal. Perfect cannon fodder.

On the other hand, he could have come up with everything himself. Its not ridiculously hard to make a bomb. Just because you're not in your right frame of mind and suicidal doesn't mean you magically become stupid and incompetent.

Sadly ofc IS will claim it. Its what they do. The purpose of terrorism is to cause terror. They're doing that. Nobody said they had to do it with their own bunch of young displaced suicidal nutters.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jihad is the backdrop for their actions, that mythical bigger than all of us notion that people with a grudge use to justify their actions by attaching it to a higher morality.
We will hide these under the PC carpet till the big one comes and then have a huge frickin..'what did we tell you' autopsy.
Lessons learned..new relationships..musn't let it happen again..maybe we were blind to this and that.
..repeat and spin

Job

jeez and now another shooting in Florida.

Job

Thats the most Nazi thing so far.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Think that shows the media hysteria of terrorism from Islam.

That story on 19 disabled people being killed has been moved out of the headlines in favour of 1 84 year old priest. I'm not lessening the severity of it but if Muslims are involved the chances of it dominating the headlines increases by 100%.

its a bit like on the same day of the Nice attack, 84 (iirc) Iraqis were bombed by the Americans - oh shit, sorry.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

That story on 19 disabled people being killed has been moved out of the headlines in favour of 1 84 year old priest. I'm not lessening the severity of it but if Muslims are involved the chances of it dominating the headlines increases by 100%.

its a bit like on the same day of the Nice attack, 84 (iirc) Iraqis were bombed by the Americans - oh shit, sorry.

Because it is part of a bigger picture. One unrelated and individual attack, while tragic is not of as much importance as yet another snackbar attack.

Also its (sort of) on home ground so again, or more interest.

Not only that but access to facts and reaction, a drone strike in Iraq will never generate as much interest, rightfully or wrongly.

throdgrain

FH is my second home

Thing is, you're looking at it from a world perspective. Most people look at situations from a (fairly) local situation. Therefore, murders in France are much more relevant than murders in Iraq.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

50+ died in a suicide attack in kabul this week, havn't heard about it on the news at all.

Dailytimes | 80 dead as IS claims deadliest attack in Kabul

It's proximity, not bias.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One unrelated and individual attack, while tragic is not of as much importance as yet another snackbar attack
At what numbers does it become more important? 20,000 pollution deaths per annum, for example?

The rush to "OMG terrorizm" is an emotional reaction. It's not what we should be focussing on at all.

Most people look at situations from a (fairly) local situation
Agree. But that's only because we're stupid stupid monkeys.

We can do better, given the right level of education and training in risk and a more global outlook that's interested in the survival and betterment of the human race rather than parochial local or emotional concerns.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
At what numbers does it become more important? 20,000 pollution deaths per annum, for example?

The rush to "OMG terrorizm" is an emotional reaction. It's not what we should be focussing on at all.

Agree. But that's only because we're stupid stupid monkeys.

We can do better, given the right level of education and training in risk and a more global outlook that's interested in the survival and betterment of the human race rather than parochial local or emotional concerns.

Either we're stupid monkeys, or we just want to look after our own. One or the other .. :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Either we're stupid monkeys, or we just want to look after our own. One or the other .. :p
Same thing. Limited thinking.

Evolutionarily we're not miles away from the other primates. You know it when you meet people - people are dumb. The best of us know that they are and try to communicate this fact to us - Einstein, Feynman, Sagan et al.

They know how dumb we all are and the fact that we're blind to it. They know that what sets us apart is communication and written record - so we can stand on the shoulders of giants and construct the world we have. But as a species we don't think and react to the world's problems the way we should or could...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The idea that we are all one species and therefore can think the same and agree with each other is probably the dumbest thing of all. If you can't see that, and continuing arguing from that perspective then it's just about a waste of time carrying on with this. In fairness, you have said that we can't agree.
Therefore we have to look after our own. Maybe one day, James T Kirk can fly his space ship about with the united federation of what-ever-it-is, but even then he'll still have to fight other people / beings / whatever. Get used to it :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The idea that we are all one species and therefore can think the same and agree with each other is probably the dumbest thing of all.
You mean, we're not all homo sapiens? Wow!

If we're not all human, and therefore subject to the same behavioural patterns given the same educational and cultural upbringing, then how does it divide up Throd?

I take offence that you think Trading Places is a load of bull. :eek:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
lol stop being a mentalist it's far more extreme than that me little ideological scouse chum.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
lol stop being a mentalist it's far more extreme than that me little ideological scouse chum.
You said we're not all the same species. But we are.

That's not ideology. That's biological fact.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Therefore, murders in France are much more relevant than murders in Iraq.

Unless you're an Iraqi who, oh, I dunno, just held your dead son in your arms. In which case Id say he would feel just as bad as you would, if it happened to you.

Regarding the other thing, with the exception of psychopathic people, trading places is true. If you think "looking after your own" is a valid belief in this current age, then you should build a time machine and travel back at least 1200 years.....If not 8000.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
But I'm NOT an Iraqi am I silly bollock, and nor is anyone else in England ??

throdgrain

FH is my second home
When you remember that some people on here are doing the argument based on "we're all the same really" , you know it's time to stop talking :D

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
So let me get this right Throddy, you're refuting the fact that we are all the same based on... what... location, cultural upbringing, environment, the kind of trees we see or not see each morning? Am I getting this right?

In that case, aren't you the lucky one, for being born somewhere where hotels don't have arrows on the floor pointing to Mecca.

Esentially, what makes you different is the lottery of your shell being spawned somewhere else. Nothing else.

I'm not saying that whatever is happening right now is ok - people dying is never ok. It's just that your "us vs them" is infectious, and I only hope that you do not spread this to your children. Or your children's children. Otherwise the planet is and will be fucked for a long time to come.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But I'm NOT an Iraqi am I silly bollock, and nor is anyone else in England ??
Does empathy have a distance limit?

For example - someone I don't know gets killed in Newcastle on a bike, and on the same day someone I don't know in Qatar gets killed on a bike.

I feel equally bad for them. Neither of them are "my own" - or, as a Brexiter, yours - unless you define "my own" as "white europeans" - at which point you can count me out.

murders in France are much more relevant than murders in Iraq.
Basically - I want you to explain/give logical and rational, rather than base emotive, reasoning for your opinion on this Throdlar.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Of course they are, and I'm sure you even know it, but you're too busy arguing the hypothetical to realise it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom