Your daily terrorist bullshit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And all the stupid fucking shit put there by the NRA like mental health professionals being barred from asking of you own guns.

In fact, curbs on the NRA full stop. They don't represent gun owners. Many people who buy a firearm are automatically enrolled whether they want to or not. They don't have millions of actual, willing members. The NRA represents gun manufacturers and nutters.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And all the stupid fucking shit put there by the NRA like mental health professionals being barred from asking of you own guns.

In fact, curbs on the NRA full stop. They don't represent gun owners. Many people who buy a firearm are automatically enrolled whether they want to or not. They don't have millions of actual, willing members. The NRA represents gun manufacturers and nutters.
I mean, fuuuuuck. These are shitty, scary people. They send this sort of threatening crap out to elected officials across the US:

FACT CHECK: Did the NRA Ask Judicial Candidates for 'Position Letters' on Guns?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Peaceful protest and civil disobedience on a massive scale.
Read a new scientist article a number of years ago that weighed up the efficacy of peaceful protests as opposed to direct (sometimes violent) action that leads me to think that's a recipe for being ignored. Plus - that would happen earlier on anyway - but if you have a criminally oppressive regime it's likely that armed struggle would end up being the only option.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Read a new scientist article a number of years ago that weighed up the efficacy of peaceful protests as opposed to direct (sometimes violent) action that leads me to think that's a recipe for being ignored. Plus - that would happen earlier on anyway - but if you have a criminally oppressive regime it's likely that armed struggle would end up being the only option.
How did the Eastern European dictatorships fall?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Before we start pointing the finger..no one knew how many attackers there were..or where they were in a large school...you could have easily ended up shooting an innocent kid.
Situations like that need information and a careful approach.
I wouldnt have run in myself..into what exactly...hindsight is a wonderful thing.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Before we start pointing the finger..no one knew how many attackers there were..or where they were in a large school...you could have easily ended up shooting an innocent kid.
I wouldnt have run in myself..into what exactly...hindsight is a wonderful thing.

So why have armed guards in the first place?

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Suggesting that arming John McClane the maths teacher maybe isn't the best solution.

Job

I hear the new John Wick movie...'His school years', has been toned down to less than 100 kills after the bully steals his pen.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So why have armed guards in the first place?
Even law enforcement work on a safety first principle, you don't run in without backup. Although I heard on one report that when the cops turned up they saw 3 sherif's/marshal with guns drawn behind cars outside.

The fact that no one has informed the media what the actual procedure is that ther are some lessons to be learned.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The fact that no one has informed the media what the actual procedure is that ther are some lessons to be learned.
BSOD (work laptop) interrupted - should read
The fact that no one has informed the media what the actual procedure is indicates that there are some lessons to be learned

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Even law enforcement work on a safety first principle, you don't run in without backup. Although I heard on one report that when the cops turned up they saw 3 sherif's/marshal with guns drawn behind cars outside.

Yes, but this shows up the ultimate flaw in the gun lobby argument;by the time the “good guy with a gun” takes out “the bad guy with a gun” it’s all a bit too late.

Job

They need to fit everyone with a control chip so they can switch you off if need be
Sounds a bit ridiculous and peurile to mention it, but the day they invent one is the day pressure starts for everyone to have one.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
German newspaper Focus mentions a vehicle having been driven into a crowd of people in Germany, Münster. Driver shot himself afterwards, apparently.

Job

Which is good except they will follow it up with 20yrs in jail..out in ten on good behaviour.
He can wave to his victims loved ones on his way out.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Which is good except they will follow it up with 20yrs in jail..out in ten on good behaviour.

Which is the law of the land, the law that these terrorists want to dismantle.

Or would you rather have beheadings?

Job

You will end up with beheadings on a much grander scale when the people feel they are being let down.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He was a loner at a special needs school who used to wander around making cat sounds to himself. He needs to go into a care unit, not a prison. Prison would be a waste of money and achieve nothing.

Job

Or back into mental health institution..released after not doing anything too weird for 5 years.
Of course we are into a different area of free will, is anyone actually responsible for what their brain tells them to do.
Your cuddly idiot scenario doesnt line up with a guy mowing people down and then asking the cops to shoot him in the head.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Or back into mental health institution..released after not doing anything too weird for 5 years.
Of course we are into a different area of free will, is anyone actually responsible for what their brain tells them to do.
Your cuddly idiot scenario doesnt line up with a guy mowing people down and then asking the cops to shoot him in the head.

Your views are so Victorian its untrue.

Problem is, Victorian approaches weren't brilliant.

Look at the USA as an example of locking people up and throwing away the key; they've got a HUGE prison population.

Look at the Scandinavian countries and the Netherlands (IIRC?) who are shutting prisons due to a lack of prisoners because of a much more 'liberal' (ie actually caring about other people) approach.

The problem with the UK is that we do half and half which is terrible.

Job

The liberal approach is a smokescreen...as all liberal policies are...under the carpet politics.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I never said cuddly idiot at all. I said special needs (and it's clear that he's dangerous) - as can be seen by mowing people down and then asking the cops to kill him.

Answer this, directly: How does prison help fix things here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom