Your best gaming moment.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Been thinking about it a while and i have to say that FF7 has to be it. Even more presicely at the moment you walk out of the city and it turns into an open world game, mind blown.

This was a time when i knew nothing about final fantasy at all, just picked it up from the store and started playing. I might have had better moments, but that definetaly is the one i remember.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Killng the Dragon for the first time in Moonstone

moonstone1.png

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Logging into DAoC for the first time after getting a new top of the line pc, probably about a year after launch. Cast a shield on my Theurg and thought "Wow, how can this get any better"

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Same here; DaoC experience. When you walked off some starting place in the middle of Camelot hills, beta, first ever MMO, feeling of open-world, you have no idea what is around you, but also knowing there are actually other people running around.

Edit: Or was it Campacorentin forest?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Off the top of my head: it must be the first time I played Deus Ex (about an hour or so in) when I fully realised the scope of the game. Plus I was a massive sci-fi/cyberpunk fan at the time.

A close second was when I first played GTA3 on the ps2 (grim I know) but for some reason I fully expected it to be shit :)

Best MP experience: Counter Strike with the KEA lads :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Winning at LAN in Paris. The combination of meeting teammates for the first time and beating a team we were really closely matched and had a tense rivalry with was just incredible.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Leading 100 people through ML5 & ML9

yes, thats it...yup...most assuredly (this is how I choose to remember it)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
DayZ - mooching about in Cherno in a school. Two noisy fuckers come in after shooting some guy in the street. Both on voice coms, typical broshooters talking bollocks. I hid in one of the rooms and went prone. I only had a pistol and they had assault rifles. One came round the door and I head shot him. The other manages to immobilise me. Que trash talking and what not "You mad bro? etc etc. He starts dragging me about in front of zombies. After about a minute of that he gets me stuck in a door frame and drops me and I manage to head shot him too. 2 alice packs full of goodies and all the extras.

I died about 30 minutes later due to some fucknugget using the throw everyone in the air hack.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Hard to say.

FF7, just the whole game. Lost an entire summer holiday to that game. Dont regret a thing.

Playing a whole season in one night on Championship Manager and then going to bed and suffering from vertigo and a severe migraine. Dont regret a thing.

Completing Dizzy on the PS1 after leaving it on pause for 4 hours so I could fuck my gf and have a sleep. Dont regret a thing.

Thats the top 3

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
my earliest memory of playing a computer game is Moon Patrol on an Apple IIe

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhig18_ZKDM

I remember playing Impossible Mission, a truly excellent game, to death with a mate in my pre-teens. We never completed the game, but must have logged up quite a few hours :)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5eC_BDSfiQ

shaking and doing terrible things to my MSX trying to get in to witch space in Elite. I must have had over 2000 hours in that game.

witch.gif

A few years on I remember ganging up with mates to play puzzle games like Myst and The 11'th Hour. I still have a tradition with friends to play the Silent Hill games if and when they come out (even though the recent ones are crap).

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Also, the last memory, coming out off the starter dungeon in Skyrim, running around the open landscape, every setting maxed, seeing the fluffy clouds go by, the foggy mountains in the horizon, also, strutting around the snowy mountain-ranges. Fucking amazing, damn, have to install that game again.

Chilly

Balls of steel
DAoC. Logged in for the first time, logged out like 14 hours later having made a good mate in Australia. Literally the single best gaming session I've ever had. Unfortunately, DAoC then went on to ruin my life...

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Ocarina of Time, almost every key part of that game is memorable, even finishing it months and months later.

Honourable mentions obviously have to go to FF7 and DAoC.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Probably Arma 2 or DayZ - setting up ambushes on Takistan Life and stuff, fights of like 20 cops vs 10 terrorists lasting for a couple of hours :)

Yeppy

Regular Freddie
FF7 when
Aeris Gainsborough
dies I just got up and just switched my PlayStation off. Rookie mistake as when I jump back on I had to replay her death scene again.. her theme still brings a tear to my eye.

DAoC when I could afford my first 5silver horse ticket out of the Marsh to Camelot... probably spent a week there with my avalonian armsman. That epic ride through the forest, Salisbury plains then to the gates of Camelot. Even on a voodoo3 grphx card that scene blew my mind.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
DAoC. Logged in for the first time, logged out like 14 hours later having made a good mate in Australia. Literally the single best gaming session I've ever had. Unfortunately, DAoC then went on to ruin my life...

Would you change it, if you could?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Playing DAOC and I always loved the Shiny swords. I never did big raids or anything though so never got one. Then Nitz told me we could go and duo some Mob or another so off we went to Dartmoor and 3 of 4 deaths later I had my shiny sword!

Just about every time Nitz said we could duo something lead to an awesome time :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Playing DAOC and I always loved the Shiny swords. I never did big raids or anything though so never got one. Then Nitz told me we could go and duo some Mob or another so off we went to Dartmoor and 3 of 4 deaths later I had my shiny sword!

Just about every time Nitz said we could duo something lead to an awesome time :)
the lightsabers or?

Chilly

Balls of steel
I dunno. As it happens, my life has turned out OK, so I wouldnt, but DAoC stole years of my youth.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Whenever I look t daoc screenies or items I feel so much nostalgia. Like a longing for sweet, sweet crack.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
When I got to 1700 ELO on Age Of Empires II. I was so proud I would log in and go sit in the lobby just to show off my rating with no intention of actually playing a game.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I dunno. As it happens, my life has turned out OK, so I wouldnt, but DAoC stole years of my youth.

Did it though ? or was that just how you choose to live them, did you really miss out on anything becuase of it?

Whenever I look t daoc screenies or items I feel so much nostalgia. Like a longing for sweet, sweet crack.

I here you, but even if you wnt back, it would not be the same - not by a mile

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Lots to choose from, but kicking a knife out of the air in Double Dragon in the arcade was a bit special. I had no idea it was possible and it blew my mind for some reason.

The first time I player Street Fighter II in an arcade after months of lusting after it over screenshots it C+VG/Mean Machines, was up there, as was the first time I saw Super Mario World.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Going south from fort atla in daoc with a level six or so hunter. Lots of bad mobs and trees and no idea where the road went cause no maps then as it should be. First mmo. And being completely drawn into the world.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Off the top of my head: it must be the first time I played Deus Ex (about an hour or so in) when I fully realised the scope of the game. Plus I was a massive sci-fi/cyberpunk fan at the time.

A close second was when I first played GTA3 on the ps2 (grim I know) but for some reason I fully expected it to be shit :)

Best MP experience: Counter Strike with the KEA lads :)

Some of my best MP moments too. We really believed in them days :)

In more recent times, I've got to say DayZ too, the other day I shot a bloke who was hiding behind a bush from the top of a Firestation (I play on UK111, they have a Firestation at Balota) , anyway it was a long shot with an M4, had to aim high and got him with a single headshot.

He rejoined and bitched and bitched about it, saying how he would hunt me down etc. I killed a few more people and every time he coated me, saying fucking bandits etc.

Anyway, later on, I'm on the road south east by the factory there, and I hear a lorry coming up the road. Turns out it's a little convoy, a car and a lorry behind it. I think fuck it, and as the front car slows down to negotiate a roadblock a step out and shoot the driver with my AK47. He dies, the lorry stops and two players jump out firing wildly at me, I turn and shoot them both dead. The last one to die? Yeah it's him again :)

Great fun :)

Single player? Don't ask me, I don't play single player :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom