You want a none-toa server on EU as US already got since 2 days now?

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
No he didn't. He disagreed with me and he used some wrong comparisons to inflate his points. Time will tell which of us is right. However my concerns about the new server are still valid. It's not a proper fix and there's a good chance it'll be used as one.
DAoC-tower.JPG

These servers might be key for fixing the basic problems :cool:
chretien said:
Look at the templates for the really successful RvR players pre-ToA, those templates will be coming back with some substitutions for Catas gear - Darkspire jewellery etc.
99% crafted suit was perfectly fine - SI-dungeon items were just for the looks, nothing more and the aurulite stuff is more "uber". I made fully RvR competitive character withing 2.5 days /played pre-ToA - kicking on 28 days /played and still missing lots of stuff from my template/MLs.
chretien said:
Talking of blinkers how about your blinkers? How about all the people who claim that you need to do more PvE to be RvR ready since ToA than you did in SI? The only characters that required more PvE as a direct result of ToA where those who were already 50 when ToA arrived. All the rest required exactly the same amount - level to 50 getting the items you need for your final template en route. The only thing that changed was the items you needed to get were in ToA zones rather than from SI quests or in epic dungeons and you had the option of getting some nice xp while also getting new abilities on ML raids as well.
The main problems with pre-ToA was crappy PvE without good enough rewards - crafted stuff were equal or better than drops in most cases and getting crafted suit takes 5% of the time of getting ToA-suit. Keep in mind that Mythic noticed this problem long before ToA was released - getting fully capped with 99% gear was way too easy so they introduced overcapping to fix it (which they tried in Pendragon only and for some reason removed it).
Mythic said:
"The war between the Realms is still raging, and past players' characters await* now is the time to get back into the game, and experience a new 'Dark Age of Camelot,'" said Jeff Hickman, executive producer for "Dark Age of Camelot." "Frequent upgrades, additions and response to community feedback mean that the game has been constantly improving. Plus, the addition of new 'Classic' servers lets players experience the rush of Realm vs. Realm(TM) combat without having to complete the 'Trials of Atlantis' to be competitive."

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
I hoep it doesnt hit EU, it'll probably kill Prydwen totally, its alrdy taken over 2000 players from Lancelot and Merlin so far and counting.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Pudzy said:
I hoep it doesnt hit EU, it'll probably kill Prydwen totally, its alrdy taken over 2000 players from Lancelot and Merlin so far and counting.
Prydwen is clustering with Excalibur if you didn't know ;p

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Most artifacts are doable in a normal full group with very few exceptions. A lot of the nicer ToA stuff that isn't doable in a full group - MLx.10 drops for example are normally buyable from CMs and don't require the character who uses them to have done a single second of extra PvE to equip and use.

no it just requires the char to be ultra rich..as ppl charge a fortune for some of the higher ML drops coz of their rarity, so unless u buy ur plats off ebay your going to have to do extra PvE for the cash.

chretien said:
Also while most of the templates may well have been done using SI quested items and Cata drops, it won't be long before the uber guilds running around with Sidi weapons and armour are raising the bar to what everyone feels is 'needed for RvR'.

i really dont think Sidi items will be used that often as you said earlier you asking alot of ppl to on Sidi raids, when other alternatives are available

chretien said:
So the difference between a RR3 and a RR6 is less than the difference between a RR3 and a RR10? Fancy! That is an overinflated comparison

not over inflated the point is, at the moment new players or those new to RvR have enough struggle against those with artis..high RR and then when you throw in the Mls then its all too much. At least on these new servers only the RR & RAs will effect RvR greatly, ppl might not have the same templates or the best, but it wont effect them that much as Ml/Artis abilities would

So in theory a RR3 could have a chance against a RR6, where as now they have a very slim chance..then throw in the MLs..and they got NO chance at all !

chretien said:
Talking of blinkers how about your blinkers?

Mine are firmly open and i can see the bigger picture

chretien said:
How about all the people who claim that you need to do more PvE to be RvR ready since ToA than you did in SI?

TOA still takes more time to get yourself RvR rdy then it did in SI
SI all you had to to get a pretty decent template was getting crafted armour...a few quest items and SC'ed...that was it !
Now you have to get artis..get the scrolls then level the damn artis...and do Mls
This doesnt sound like much but it all adds up to much much more than you had to do in SI
It took me 1 day in SI to get my sorc RvR rdy...now you tell me you could get a toon RvR rdy in TOA in a day....i dont think so

chretien said:
but arguing that it increases the amount of PvE required is plain wrong

no it isnt, its not as much as it was when it 1st came out..but its still more than enough, also it depends on your circle of friends or your guild etc

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
If it went to a si/catacombs server, sidi items will be constantly wanted, thus leading to bitching and arguments etc

you think?

ooooo and TOA stuff doesnt lead to bitching and arguing ???

from what ive seen the Cata items are better than Sidi and more accessible, why ppl think that everyone will want Sidi stuff is beyond me

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Not really. ToA is pretty easy to farm

whether its easy to farm or not, doesnt enter into it nor was it the question

since TOA was released it has caused numerous arguments and public slatings due to ppl camping and/or stealing artis and still does

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
no it just requires the char to be ultra rich..as ppl charge a fortune for some of the higher ML drops coz of their rarity, so unless u buy ur plats off ebay your going to have to do extra PvE for the cash.
They will on the new servers as well, like I said the uberguilds will powerlevel LGM crafters, they'll farm the money as a guild to fund their crafters so they have the edge in RvR. As it's so expensive getting a good selection of LGMs, they'll control the market to begin with. Those crafters will be setting the prices across the server and so you'll be doing a lot more PvE to farm cash to either pay their prices or fund your own crafters.

NeonBlue said:
not over inflated the point is, at the moment new players or those new to RvR have enough struggle against those with artis..high RR and then when you throw in the Mls then its all too much. At least on these new servers only the RR & RAs will effect RvR greatly, ppl might not have the same templates or the best, but it wont effect them that much as Ml/Artis abilities would

So in theory a RR3 could have a chance against a RR6, where as now they have a very slim chance..then throw in the MLs..and they got NO chance at all !
The only thing a new 50 can't have that an experienced RvR player will have is RR and that will be equally as true on the new servers as it is on regular servers.

NeonBlue said:
TOA still takes more time to get yourself RvR rdy then it did in SI
SI all you had to to get a pretty decent template was getting crafted armour...a few quest items and SC'ed...that was it !
Now you have to get artis..get the scrolls then level the damn artis...and do Mls
This doesnt sound like much but it all adds up to much much more than you had to do in SI
It took me 1 day in SI to get my sorc RvR rdy...now you tell me you could get a toon RvR rdy in TOA in a day....i dont think so

No it won't take a day to get ToA'd up however it won't take longer than it normally would to get RvR ready. I'll let you into a secret. It's a big secret and not many people seem to realise this. When you kill mobs you get XP, which adds up to get you new character levels. Some of the mobs you can kill, as well as giving you XP also can drop scrolls, artifacts or give you credit for ML steps. If you levelto 50 doing all the ToA stuff you need/want on the way, it shouldn't take any longer to get RvR ready than it did in SI. You can farm for your scrolls and level your arties while levelling your character. A lot of ML steps (ML2 Chess step for example) give uber xp as do most group step raids (ML5 is amazing XP). If you level to 50 then do ToA, of course it will take longer, but doing it that way then complaining it takes so long is pretty stupid.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
The only thing a new 50 can't have that an experienced RvR player will have is RR and that will be equally as true on the new servers as it is on regular servers.

Again your failing to see the bigger picture !

chretien said:
No it won't take a day to get ToA'd up however it won't take longer than it normally would to get RvR ready. I'll let you into a secret. It's a big secret and not many people seem to realise this. When you kill mobs you get XP, which adds up to get you new character levels. Some of the mobs you can kill, as well as giving you XP also can drop scrolls, artifacts or give you credit for ML steps. If you levelto 50 doing all the ToA stuff you need/want on the way, it shouldn't take any longer to get RvR ready than it did in SI. You can farm for your scrolls and level your arties while levelling your character. A lot of ML steps (ML2 Chess step for example) give uber xp as do most group step raids (ML5 is amazing XP). If you level to 50 then do ToA, of course it will take longer, but doing it that way then complaining it takes so long is pretty stupid.

Again your presuming everyone has the option to do it this way, not many lvl 40 chars i know can solo or even duo purple con mobs especially TOA mobs.

Whilst i accept that it can be done this way and have infact done it myself..it does rely on others helping you whether it be friends guild or random groups and those ppl can be fickle at times especially in Albion

Anyways said my piece on the subject and obviously am getting to ya otherwise there would be no need for the sarcastic tone.

YOu've told me nothing i didnt already know and still havent convinced me that the new servers wont be better than those we have now. They wont suit everyones playing style thats for sure but overall to me a NoN TOA server makes more sense and makes things more EVEN which is more important

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
Prydwen is clustering with Excalibur if you didn't know ;p

Yes I know - rvr zones and cata only iirc.

Lance is struggling to get ML's done even in hib atm :/

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
:puke: GOA
:puke: TOA
:sex: SI

Now give SI server or do somehing about the zerging bollox!!

TBH i played this game US since it came out.... TOA has the potential to make the the realm more even. Problem is it takes soo much time and annoyance too get a good/uber kit in TOA there is no chance for people in small guilds or casual players too get that kit.. This maybe tru in SI too but the difference is alot smaller and takes alot less time...
Once you get too 50 you alrdy have your competetive kit thx too SI quest wich give good xp and nice items. This maybe tru for TOA aswell but problem is people CBA too roll new character unless they get PLed too 50 so there is no random xp groups and no random quest groups in TOA. They cba because they have too spend ages on scroll farming arti raids and ml's... In SI ud be done alrdy and having a blast in RvR
I play this game for RVR and am not a PvE whore ( I'd be playing EQ2 or WoW then) Imo giff a SI server in europe, german , french and english people will join it and will have a marginal influance on the total population of pther servers... They wont abandon that server totally cuz they put so much time and effort in it alrdy... FFS thats the only reason i havn't stoped playing this game.
Helll i know at least 3 people that would come back if toa got flushed.

Ahhh who gives a shit... its like talking too a brick wall.. Its not like you actually listen too customers.. Else you would have put some friggin efford in promoting the game.. There are only 2 stores in whole of Netherlands where you can buy DaoC ffs Isnt weird population declining really...
Too bad you people are too retarded too realise this... And if you arnt too retarded and actually see this then ur friggin retarded for not acting on it...

Thank You
A very pissed off and disapointed customer :twak:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Less calling people retards because they dont agree with your perfect view of life

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
If you levelto 50 doing all the ToA stuff you need/want on the way, it shouldn't take any longer to get RvR ready than it did in SI.
Been there, done that, kicking on 28days /played and not geared yet, pre-ToA I was RvR-ready in ~3 days /played. Also done it the other way, dinging 50 first and then starting ToA-stuff and found it faster. Basically you are saying that getting ML1-10/artifacts/scrolls is just as fast as leveling 40-50? Riiiight :cool:

Non-ToA
1) Level up to 50.
2) Start crafting or buy crafted set.
3) Go out and RvR.

ToA-server
1) Level up to 40, get some lowbie artifacts if you like, farm some scrolls.
2) Start doing MLs.
3) Ding 46, get credit for artifacts., farm some more scrolls, do some more MLs.
4) Repeat #2 for MLxp
5) Activate artifacts.
6) Start exping artifacts, ding 50.
7) Start crafting or buy crafted set.
8) Do some more MLs.
8) Go out and RvR.

chretien said:
They will on the new servers as well, like I said the uberguilds will powerlevel LGM crafters, they'll farm the money as a guild to fund their crafters so they have the edge in RvR. As it's so expensive getting a good selection of LGMs, they'll control the market to begin with. Those crafters will be setting the prices across the server and so you'll be doing a lot more PvE to farm cash to either pay their prices or fund your own crafters.
All that + artifacts camped 24/7 + 24/7 scroll farming sessions for sky high prices would happen on ToA-server.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
When people think of SI server they are actually thiking "yah the good old days hooo"

When in actual fact its just like now..but with no TOA, and when you think that all the game changes since TOA have been balanced with TOA in mind it doesn't give you much hope.

As one guy said in another post, attempts to turn back the clock never work, I mean ffs they made TOA pretty much bend over now, so quit complaining the game is fine.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I think all people want an extra server with even less people on than the spanish one, why do you think they merge excal and pryd ? lol.

unless you can give goa an extra 5000 english subscribtions, don`t even hope for it.

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
TOA has a long history of patches now - and will have a lot more to come. And again, the original poster doesn't speak for me.

I am satisfied with TOA as it gave a few classes a valid reason to be in RvR.

Actually the artifacts have done us a good job as community as they force people to group. That is how we learn of each other.
Other than that the majority of players runs in the Frontiers alone.

Exactly that will happen on the new US servers. Billy NoMates and Fred NoFriends will be nice and happy 50 with some good gear and wonder why they get rolled each and every time by a dedicated group.
PUGs will be destroyed as they are now and even faster if the active RAs are up. There are counters against certain RAs built in the MLs - but guess what - they won't have any counters to opd RAs.

If anything, the new ruleset will show which RAs will be opd without the TOA counters. Can the new servers survive? Probably clustered soon yes.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Mnexxiz said:
TOA has a long history of patches now - and will have a lot more to come. And again, the original poster doesn't speak for me.

I am satisfied with TOA as it gave a few classes a valid reason to be in RvR.

Actually the artifacts have done us a good job as community as they force people to group. That is how we learn of each other.
Other than that the majority of players runs in the Frontiers alone.

Exactly that will happen on the new US servers. Billy NoMates and Fred NoFriends will be nice and happy 50 with some good gear and wonder why they get rolled each and every time by a dedicated group.
PUGs will be destroyed as they are now and even faster if the active RAs are up. There are counters against certain RAs built in the MLs - but guess what - they won't have any counters to opd RAs.

If anything, the new ruleset will show which RAs will be opd without the TOA counters. Can the new servers survive? Probably clustered soon yes.

They did accknowledge that the new ruleset need different changes to prevail balance though...

And alot of people have reactivated their accounts afaik only to play just that servertype, players that left because of TOA.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
dont want an si server on eu, due to goa slowcrewness i prefer to play classic-us

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I don't understand how they can call it classic tho with both SI, NF and Catacombs are on the server xD

Gib a SI server tbh! Classic + SI + OF, that would r0x :>

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
I like TOA because you can get rich in a day or two - farming cash would be harder on and SI-server - atleast thats what i think. Farming scrolls mostly pays my new template. MP chain isnt cheap these days :/

But if goa decides to start up a new SI-server i will defenetly try :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

Back in reality.....

You do know that on these servers most of the crafters are not in the top guilds? Many of the crafters have raised their skill by crafting for playes from level 1 to level 50. Gear is constantly be sold to people of all level ranges. prices are dirt cheap through large competition and roleplaying, full sets of 99% qual gear are going for less than 1p. Individual MP's are selling for less than a 1p sometimes.

Im not pretending that its the promised land but at them moment it is really good and all the stuff you have posted about is blatently untrue.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Non TOA and BUFFBOT server and I will rule the fooking thing. Dah King of Thid will emerge as the King of Dah Whole Server :worthy: .

Yeah - you know it makes sense :) .

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Back in reality.....

You do know that on these servers most of the crafters are not in the top guilds? Many of the crafters have raised their skill by crafting for playes from level 1 to level 50. Gear is constantly be sold to people of all level ranges. prices are dirt cheap through large competition and roleplaying, full sets of 99% qual gear are going for less than 1p. Individual MP's are selling for less than a 1p sometimes.

Im not pretending that its the promised land but at them moment it is really good and all the stuff you have posted about is blatently untrue.

Interesting, most of the people I know in my US guild who also play on Lamorak tell me that crafted stuff is really expensive as it's a sellers market and the crafters know it. Various VN whines would seem to back them up too (although I'm reluctant to use VN to back up a point). So the 'reality' is that crafters are spending a lot of time and money to sell stuff for below cost price? I find that very hard to believe.

And everything else I have said has come true. Funny that you couldn't find a way to respond to that...

Warlocks and Vamps are by far the fotm classes and are horribly overpowered without the ToA balances that they were designed around. Buffbots are no rarer than they are on the regular servers with the exception that every soloer has to have their own, so if anything there are more BBs than ever.

neonblue said:
nothing new there then
Oh and look! You brought your pet with you! Does he do tricks yet?

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Zebolt said:
I don't understand how they can call it classic tho with both SI, NF and Catacombs are on the server xD

Gib a SI server tbh! Classic + SI + OF, that would r0x :>

What he said! xD

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
chretien: You are in templars, a guild that can help people, and you also have friends who can help you, it makes TOA easier for you. Unguilded people, "fg rvr guilds" who don't help with alts, etc. can make TOA a lot harder. The core of the problem is what you seen: RAs are too powerfull compared to core class abilities, so if a low RR character competes with a high level one: he has very little chance. RR1 vs RR7, as you perhaps know isn't fun, and it is even less fun, if RR7 is in an opted guild grp.

For people who make friends, know the community aspects of the game, have working guilds that are more than a permanent rvr fg and help their members: TOA make it easier, since you can get MLs and artifacts with less problems, and the difference between an RR2 or 3 (you get it in POC and missions) ML10 character and and RR7 and ML10 character is less than the difference between an RR1 and and RR7 was pre-toa.

But people without a working community around them don't know what they can do after 50, try RVR and they see, they lack more than just RAs now. TOA enforces community part of the game, and forces "1337" people to be part of the community if they want to be successfull, and they can lose their 1337 status quickly :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Interesting, most of the people I know in my US guild who also play on Lamorak tell me that crafted stuff is really expensive as it's a sellers market and the crafters know it. Various VN whines would seem to back them up too (although I'm reluctant to use VN to back up a point). So the 'reality' is that crafters are spending a lot of time and money to sell stuff for below cost price? I find that very hard to believe.

And everything else I have said has come true. Funny that you couldn't find a way to respond to that...

Warlocks and Vamps are by far the fotm classes and are horribly overpowered without the ToA balances that they were designed around. Buffbots are no rarer than they are on the regular servers with the exception that every soloer has to have their own, so if anything there are more BBs than ever.

Ok I dont know what other points you have made but everyone i see so far has been wrong (All of this is in MY experience ofc I cant speak for the other realms)

Case in point - at the moment a full sets of 99% qual cloth are being sold for 700g. MP offhander purchased for 1p. MP cloth helm bought for 800 gold.

I do not know what server/realm you are talking about but on Alb lamo - crafting is very cheap. Remember most people have not spent huge sums crafting up because it has been paying for itself as they levelled up. People have been buying crafted gear from lvl1-50

Regarding vamps and warlocks- I really hope you are joking? Funny because last night our fg spent the whole night steamrolling them into the ground.

Regarding buffbots if you had played you would know that 95% of people are levelling in fg's thru task dungeons. There is always a large crowd outside each task dungeon and you can get a grp virtually instantly. The only people that have BB's that I have seen are people who think solo necros with bots are faster but these people are very few. Having done a bit of RvR I can say there hasnt been a single BB so far left in a tower or keep that I have seen.
Please explain how a soloer can have a buffbot in RvR when buffs are ranged? If you think peope are using grouped bots hiding in tower then there is very little keep battles most is openfield and once the island comes there simply will not be the opportunity to use them at all.

please tell me what other things have 'come true', I am interested to know for some one who hasnt played there you seem to know an awful lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom