You want a none-toa server on EU as US already got since 2 days now?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Esselinithia said:
chretien: You are in templars, a guild that can help people, and you also have friends who can help you, it makes TOA easier for you. Unguilded people, "fg rvr guilds" who don't help with alts, etc. can make TOA a lot harder. The core of the problem is what you seen: RAs are too powerfull compared to core class abilities, so if a low RR character competes with a high level one: he has very little chance. RR1 vs RR7, as you perhaps know isn't fun, and it is even less fun, if RR7 is in an opted guild grp.

For people who make friends, know the community aspects of the game, have working guilds that are more than a permanent rvr fg and help their members: TOA make it easier, since you can get MLs and artifacts with less problems, and the difference between an RR2 or 3 (you get it in POC and missions) ML10 character and and RR7 and ML10 character is less than the difference between an RR1 and and RR7 was pre-toa.

But people without a working community around them don't know what they can do after 50, try RVR and they see, they lack more than just RAs now. TOA enforces community part of the game, and forces "1337" people to be part of the community if they want to be successfull, and they can lose their 1337 status quickly :)

ToA makes little difference to be honest. Just about every encounter can be done with 1fg, alot of the ml's can be done with 1-3fg so it would be quite easy for l33t guilds as you put it to do them theirselves. You also find it doesnt force them to interact with the community as mostly on ml's they will group with the same set of people they would in rvr and therefore it makes sod all difference to them :D They talk in guild/group chat hit some mobs and thats that. ML's done and dusted.

Oh, and the difference between a rr3 ml 10 and a rr7ml10 is fucking huge. Dont try to tell me a cleirc with DI2 and some passives is as anywhere near a DI2/3, BOF2/3, Aug dex5 etc etc cleric. There is still as much, hell there is even LARGER difference now because the higher the level of ra you got = much greater % increase for most of the RA's. Old RA's = less total number but more equal a field due to that fact (IP was 100% heal no matter if you rr2 or rr10. Now at low rr IP is 20% compared to 80% if you high RR etc)

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
US classic servers -> EU servers imo!

Could ding 50 in a week or 2 & get some decent SC & some decent items which would take a fraction of the time it takes to get ML's/Artis activated/items on normal EU servers

From the day you started your L1 forester on classic servers you could be rvr in about 3 weeks, If you roll a grp friendly char, such as a PB'r/healer etc it probably be even faster

& i also like the fact theres Ranged buffs, If i had friends that were willing to go US i would have gone, but i cba going there knowing no-one & starting all over

Its been said before & im gunna say it again, ToA fucked rvr up bigtime especially for the casual player which there is plenty of.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
On a serious note I think the game started deteriorating with the introduction of spellcrafting. Hell I remember how excited I was when I got that 100% gladius when I first played as an Alb (cough). You had to mix and get out in the game to get various bits and pieces. Was amazing fun. With the introduction of spellcrafting all item hunting went straight out of the window. No need to do sod all bar level as fast as possible for BG. That I think was a big mistake. You know I have played for at least 18 months or so without actually playing anywhere but Thid and some dungeon or other to level quickly. I mean if they make it easy for you then you are going to take advantage. Spellcrafting was a no-no from the word go in my opinion. What was needed was better treasure you could hunt for in the game. Something I suppose like TOA is though I have never tried any of that. But just hunting for items was good fun. Now - head straight for BG after quickly levelling your alt. Who needs to actually play the game now? Only the very new and they won't mix with us lot cos we have no need to do their quests or be in the same places as them. Nasty and wrong.

Carneus

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ, I disagree with you. Not in a nasty way, mind.

Spellcrafting meant that people could max their stats/resists and that was it. Maybe the odd proc here or there but nothing compared to what ToA came up with.

More importantly it was available to everyone. You wouldn't have to pay serious amounts of plats to employ a spellcrafter unlike you do today with buying artifacts and scrolls.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
well i currently play world of warcraft , and if this server was introduced i would drop wow in an instance and come right back to daoc, i left daoc before because of ToA but if they made a server without it man i'd one of the first to "yeah sign me up m8 i'm on my way back"

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
And now look at the PvP servers. The US one is all but dead and the Euro one rarely sees more than 500 people on it. New servers are always popular as people go to see the shiny things and try new stuff. It's not how busy they are now that will show how popular they are, but how busy they are once the novelty has worn off.

I think you are partially right, loads of ppl play it because its a new ruleset, but, I also think there is a large base that prefer this type of ruleset aswell, I dont think the 2 servers will die out, they will probably settle down with a reasonable amount of players to keep the servers floating.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
I'm concerned that Mythic will use the existence of a no-ToA server to stop doing this. If people complain about elements of ToA, they can point to the new servers and say 'if you don't like it, play there' instead of fixing the remaining issues.

so when a girl ask you out (if ever) you respond something like this "no, eventually you might dump me so i better not get used to enjoy myself." ?

what you don't know should not concern you mister, don't you got enough of things to worry about anyway?

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
As a returning oldie, I've not really got any itentions of getting MLs and stuff, I don't mind helping people out with them, but I've not bothered too much getting arti's and stuff for my characters.

Besides, I've found that my Hunter can still kill people even with a Pre-TOA SC suit :) And that's all that counts for me.

Cheers

Azo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom