Ye add whine malarkey

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Our hero bracken is here, The sharpest knife in the spoon draw, if you disagree he will "smash your face in down the pub" *shiver*

Thankyou for your contribution. Whenever a thread threatens to break the FH mould of mediocrity you can always be relied upon to reach for your keyboard and bring it back to it's rightful level. Now back on the bus, and this time no licking the windows.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
andeh said:
You say many people 'like' zerging yet i'm sure most would jump at the chance to play in a competitive fg, the fact is most will never get the chance and thus zerg instead. FG is really the superior form of rvr if you play the game to have fun (some fg fights you will most likely never forget, I really doubt it the same with zerging, with the exception of keep takes which are rare in nf)

Well how you can speak for 'zergers' and I can't is a little beyond me but still.

I enjoy zerging, I have the rr, the classes, spec, template and regular invites to join the fg scene if I wished to but I don't wish to I don't find it fun.

I play with anything up to 4fgs of alliance members who all play that way because they enjoy it, so I do feel qualified to speak for the 'zergers'.

Your attitude is precisely what makes this community so utterly divided. But thankyou for posting it to illustrate my earlier points.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
The line I've been aiming for (obviously some things slip past it, other things get caught by it that possibly shouldn't have) has been "discussion about adding is fine, accusations of adding is not".

i.e. in the general case it's good in the specific case it's not allowed.

I think this is a harder line on adding that you're looking for though, discuss what you'd like to see allowed, examples with fictitious people placed here (rather than referencing other threads) and we can try and work out where the line should be.

I think it's fair to allow specific instances of adding to be mentioned, so long as it doesn't lead to other breaches of the CoC, e.g. flaming, personal abuse etc. If the discussion is civilised i.e. 'Soandso added last night in agramon, didn't see anyone else do it, though.' The person is merely sharing information, and is not abusing anyone. I grant that discussion along these lines often leads to flames/personal attacks, and if this does happen then fair enough close the thread or delete the post. I think if a thread is titled 'soandso adds/added' it will almost always desend into flame and should be locked.

I think with threads of the type that discuss events in agramon on particular nights though, it should be tolerated so long as things stay civilised, rather than being closed in an arbitrary manner at the first mention of adding. I think the recent agramon thread is a good example of this. It was, despite its subject matter, full of many good-natured, constructive posts, and yet because of its subject matter was deemed instantly offensive and closed.

I would really appreciate the mods budging somewhat on this one occasional example. To have threads discussing nights in agramon and expect people to tip-toe around any mention of groups that added because the subject is 'taboo', is a bit too much imo.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
andeh said:
You say many people 'like' zerging yet i'm sure most would jump at the chance to play in a competitive fg, the fact is most will never get the chance and thus zerg instead. FG is really the superior form of rvr if you play the game to have fun (some fg fights you will most likely never forget, I really doubt it the same with zerging, with the exception of keep takes which are rare in nf)

That might be true for some, but you'd be suprised how many have played in good fg, experienced the thrill of close fg fights and still opt ultimately not to carry on with it. Why? Partly because it does require more effort in fg rvr (and many of us simply don't want to put much effort into a computer game we play purely for relaxation) and partly because we don't like the intensity of it (again, we are playing the game for relaxation - our real lives are intense enough). As for which form is "superior", it depends on what you mean by that. If you mean that it generally requires more intense concentration then I'd generally agree (although taking keeps also requires people to concentrate, albeit to a lesser extent) - although co-ordinating a zerg of strangers to achieve a goal successfully can be more difficult than co-ordinating a group that plays together every night (though ofc it takes time to get to that level). If however you mean that it is somehow intrinsically more valuable then you'd be wrong.

Gamah

Banned
Bracken said:
Thankyou for your contribution. Whenever a thread threatens to break the FH mould of mediocrity you can always be relied upon to reach for your keyboard and bring it back to it's rightful level. Now back on the bus, and this time no licking the windows.

Aww did I hurt your feelings? Theres a good football hooligan!

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
Well how you can speak for 'zergers' and I can't is a little beyond me but still.

I enjoy zerging, I have the rr, the classes, spec, template and regular invites to join the fg scene if I wished to but I don't wish to I don't find it fun.

I play with anything up to 4fgs of alliance members who all play that way because they enjoy it, so I do feel qualified to speak for the 'zergers'.

Your attitude is precisely what makes this community so utterly divided. But thankyou for posting it to illustrate my earlier points.

key word in my post, 'competitive'.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

( with risq of being called a "puppet for the tyranths again by gamah":p)
i wouldnt mind the mods making the rule of a lifetime ban for people that have to troll every single thread with something just to upset or to point out things to amuse others on someones behalf. My guess is gamah would be close to snatch that ban as nr 1.

Marc

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
i wouldnt mind the mods making the rule of a lifetime ban for people that have to troll every single thread with something just to upset or to point out things to amuse others on someones behalf. My guess is gamah would be close to snatch that ban as nr 1.

When has Gamah ever said anything remotely amusing? Ive seen funnier car crashes

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
To much of the same imo to read everything, I myself don't see why there is so much fuss about it, those who want to do fg vs fg can do so and if they get added on by those playing the way they want to (There is really no better way of playing, just different views on how to play, how people want to play)

If you get added on, well then just go out again and try to get that fg fight and just avoide the places there you have most chance of being added on.

Agramon is a good choice imo, sure you can get added on, but there is a much smaller risk that you will, so those fg wanting to have fg vs fg should agree on going there, there will probably be some problems, but atleast there will be much lesser change of getting added on there, if you still go to places where te possibilty of getting added is big, then I don't think you have any right to complain as people have many different views on how they want to play the game, and as I said noone can really say that one way is more right then the other.

haveing said that I still belive that if you state that you want fg vs fg fights and have agreed on doing so it's abit sad to not do as you have claimed ofcourse, because I see no reason in denying how you want to play the game.

All have the right to suggest things ofcourse, but there is really never any reason to be rude and start calling eachother bad names imo, when this happens I think you can see the character of the person doing so.

Still these things seems so obvious to me, I can get annoyed sometimes as anyone can, but I never take anything to a personal level and start being rude to others, I would really feel childish if I did so over a game tbh.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
The line I've been aiming for (obviously some things slip past it, other things get caught by it that possibly shouldn't have) has been "discussion about adding is fine, accusations of adding is not".

i.e. in the general case it's good in the specific case it's not allowed.

I think this is a harder line on adding that you're looking for though, discuss what you'd like to see allowed, examples with fictitious people placed here (rather than referencing other threads) and we can try and work out where the line should be.

I'm sorry should have given you some hypotheticals as you requested. Forgot to in first reply so doing another.

Hypothetical Thread: Title 'FAO: Midgard's Minions, Fight outside Berk'

Hibernian Hippy Bard: Great fight outside berk this afternoon. We were resting when you engaged tbh which was a bit qq, but my insta-mez pwned your casted so nm. ^^

Midgard Minion Skald: Yeh, well we had just had fight vs zerg so all RA's down, didn't recognise it was you on inc either.

Midgard Minion Healer: I actually had some scout pop on me as I was inc for mez. Was good fight though, we had cpl scout adds. Think was Alphonso and Gustav.

Hibernian Hippy Druid: Aye was good fight. /salute MM's. We pulled off when we saw other group inc from rear. Who was that anyway.

Midgard Minion Healer: Mostly some random pug, had couple members of Arthur's Allies I think.

Arthur's Allies Merc: Yeh I was driving group, was a mid vs hib fight so I engaged, what's the big deal?

Midgard Minion Skald: Well, it's to be expected from some no-skill RP monkey, lol we killed you anyway when hibs pulled off.

Hibernian Hippy Bard: When Arthur's Allies run guild groups we always leave your fights. Why can't you just do the same for us?

Arthur's Allies Cleric: Well we will leave your fights vs albs, but we're not going to pass by a mid/hib fight they are all enemies why should we leave it?

Midgard Minion's Skald: You suck Cleric-man and your mother was an albatross. You shouldn't add on fights.

Hibernian Hippy Bard: What difference does it make if it's a mid/hib fight, you still unbalance a good, even fight by doing it. When you engage add on a fight in rvr, even if it becomes a fg vs fg vs fg three-way, it is still unfair because the other two groups are unprepared and the third generally slaughters them both.

and so on... and so on...

I've already said the theoretical approach that I think it would be nice for mods to take. i.e. permit people to talk about examples of adds so long as it doesn't become abuse, I also think that people should be able to confront others on their decisions ingame. I.e. 'why did you have to add there'? As the bard does. I don't think threads which serve no other purpose than to whine and insult people for doing certain things should be permitted, and the Skald's posts should probably be moderated.

Gamah

Banned
Marc said:
When has Gamah ever said anything remotely amusing? Ive seen funnier car crashes

So I guess those like 5 different reps are from a different marc then? :<

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
its a real shame we just cant flame each other as much as we want :( thats what people do in real life over games. have arguments and taunt each other.

i think theres obviously a line for really PERSONAL attacks. but someone's playstyle/character is NOT them. i'd still join a new forum at the drop of a hat if one would host the whole community. not likely that would happen though :(

btw flim this is not an attack you you or the other mods personally. i just really dislike the way you guys do things here. ive been a member of a lot of communities/online forums based on games and this is the most restrictive ive known. its a shame because it limits the amount of fun i, personally, can have with the boards. what did it for me originally was being unable to make rubbish/pointless joke topics due to nazi modding.. but things seem to have just got worse from there.

it still makes me livid IRL when i see you lock a topic and post something smarmy. i'd say i wouldn't lock around 90% of the topics you do, if i were a mod.

at least you are willing to hear feedback.

So fucking true Doc!

What is most fun to read;

1. Gratz mr random gimp!

2. GO TO HELL YOUR WORTHLESS SON OF A WHORE!

Bring back the shit-throwing for christ sake, NOW! I demand it!

Marc

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
So I guess those like 5 different reps are from a different marc then? :<

Doesnt mean I found your posts funny, just agreed with what you said

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting discussion worth throwing my pennies worth in.

I have a basic outlook on daoc . . . 'Aslong as its legal and isn't a cheat/hax I'll accept the way people kill me. Fullstop.'

This doesn't mean I dont get frustrated when having a good scrap and someone adds, or when someone runs around with a grapple bot and then nukes me to death - sure I get annoyed. However I remind myself that its just a GAME.

Every player, provided its legal has a right to play the way they want. Who am I to dictate how they should play? I'm also appreciative that at the other end of the character is another human being. What good does flaming them do, just because they play the game in a different way than me?

This is why I refuse to flame players for the way they rvr - end of the day, they might not play the way I do but heck - thats there choice.

End of the day - give em a /hug instead of a /rude - goes along way to making daoc a nicer place :fluffle:

/bow

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Censi gave an example in the last thread of:
"you added on me 30 mins ago when figthing Jonathan the Wizard"

I wasnt giving an example. You actually did add on me versus this overpowered mage.

Abort this whole post its one big mistake!

-------------------

Ive commented on this till the cows come home. basically if you read this post you got both sides of the camp being reasonable and nice and actually talking rather than flaming, even though peeps disagree vehemently.

What this tells your though, is that most of the FH community (count up the posts for and against kind of thing) doesnt like whats going on here.

Mods have put rules which benefit the minority, and restrict the majority from speeking freely. (even though thats an overstatement, thats generally the thing peeps are pissed off with). Novamirs post sums it up well.

You are all taking the job of moderation much too seriously, and you are influencing what we can and cant talk about, instead of moderating how we talk about it (which is what a mod does). As such theres been ridiculous amount of bannings, the introduction of some stupid warning system and countless sensible posts being shutdown for no reason.

take a chill pill, ban for profanity and personal out of game comments. other than that, let the rest unravel by itself.

nice we can talk about all this though, u r a good mod flim i think everyone agrees that. Just one last request though, can I have some of whatever you guys were smoking when you picked eggy to be a FH mod, I need a break from reality :)

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
i d like to be able to call some1 an rpcow if he is an rpcow :( and i seriously dont see why he d be offended or why my thread would be deleted etc.

WHAT KEEPS THIS GAME ALIVE IS THE COMMUNITY AND WHINE IS WHAT THE COMMUNITY LIKES. if u dont think so then u re just clueless.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:
You are all taking the job of moderation much too seriously, and you are influencing what we can and cant talk about, instead of moderating how we talk about it (which is what a mod does). As such theres been ridiculous amount of bannings, the introduction of some stupid warning system and countless sensible posts being shutdown for no reason.

take a chill pill, ban for profanity and personal out of game comments. other than that, let the rest unravel by itself.

i absolutely 100% agree with this. i think me and censi would make great mods! ;)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
GrIrcSpammer said:
i d like to be able to call some1 an rpcow if he is an rpcow :( and i seriously dont see why he d be offended or why my thread would be deleted etc.

WHAT KEEPS THIS GAME ALIVE IS THE COMMUNITY AND WHINE IS WHAT THE COMMUNITY LIKES. if u dont think so then u re just clueless.
lol...

pip

Banned
ebenezer said:
Behave he as been banned that many times It's boring now:(

Corran

Part of the furniture
GrIrcSpammer said:

Lol D3f1,

Entertaining as always :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Flim, you spam too much shite.

Mr.Xflim is a known abuser!!!!! specially with radar look at some of the posts!!!!!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom