XDA-II news0r

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not sure if anyone else has one of these yet, but I just spotted that the nice chaps over at XDA-Developers have created a tool to show the simlock code, which is rather handy seeing as O2 seem to be breaking OfTel regulations and refusing customers their unlock codes through official channels :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=4596

*goes off to break his smartphone...*

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Phew, after much tinkering I've 'tested' the tool (purely in the interest of journalism you'll understand ;) ) and.... it work0r!

\o/

Now all I need to do is get rid of all that fugly O2 branding :)

G

Gavin

When I switched network, O2 kindly provided the code to unlock my XDA, took 3 days to get, but they were very nice about it.

G

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, they've been pretty good with XDA-I owners, but most people who've called O2 asking for the sim-unlock for their XDA-II's, even after offering to pay the years contract in full up-front have been refused the codes to which they're legally entitled. OfTel are in the middle of investigating the matter too I gather - O2's staff seem to believe that they have exclusive right to the XDA-II (even though the same device is sold under three different names with other companies) and thus seem reluctant to release it.

By the way, if you've got an XDA-I check out XDA Developers main site, they've got a bunch of custom firmwares which add functionality and bugfixes which O2 have never bothered to address.

Xav

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom