XBOX LIve & Wireless

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Well, I finally have got my internet running.

So, goto connect my Xbox to Wireless network.

Say its connected, Ive checked im connected to the correct SSID and have the correct WPA in but still cant connect to XBOX Live.

Any ideas anyone?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Do the diagnostic thing, tell us where it fails.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
There's an option in the settings somewhere to do a network connection test - it then does a series of steps and tells you where it's failing.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
There's an option in the settings somewhere to do a network connection test - it then does a series of steps and tells you where it's failing.

Just says failed when I text Xbox Live connection. Fails straight away

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Did you see all the other tests? They all pass?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Did you see all the other tests? They all pass?

Im not sure what test it is youre talking about lol.

I goto configure network, scan for my wireless network, find it, put in my WPA Key, its connects and when Test XBOX Live Connection it fails.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Darth, doesn't the Test xbox live connection thing give you more information than just failed? As in there should be 4 or 5 items that pass (on the test screen) before the final Xbox Live bit fails.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Darth, doesn't the Test xbox live connection thing give you more information than just failed? As in there should be 4 or 5 items that pass (on the test screen) before the final Xbox Live bit fails.

Oh yes

Page 1 - "Make sure youre connecting to the correct wirless network" - Which I ahve

Page 2 - "Turn your router or modem off and on again" - Which I have no change

Page 3 - Cant connect to your wireless - Makesure i have the correct WPA / SEP key in - I have

Page 4 - Cannot connect to your hardware look on Xbox webby.

:(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Is your router set up to only accept certain MAC addresses maybe?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well just disable wireless access list or whatever that limits MAC addresses on your router.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh right, well if you didn't set it up to do that it wouldn't be, and by your answer I am assuming you did not.

Are you sure the SSID and password are correct? Can you test them with another device?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Ahh right, well if you didn't set it up to do that it wouldn't be, and by your answer I am assuming you did not.

Are you sure the SSID and password are correct? Can you test them with another device?

Cant test them no. But the SSID are correct and it does say I am connected when I entre the WPA.

Its baffeling me like shit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh yes

Page 1 - "Make sure youre connecting to the correct wirless network" - Which I ahve

Page 2 - "Turn your router or modem off and on again" - Which I have no change

Page 3 - Cant connect to your wireless - Makesure i have the correct WPA / SEP key in - I have

Page 4 - Cannot connect to your hardware look on Xbox webby.

:(

you say that you are connected to your wireless network, but doesn't point 3 above say that it can't connect to your network?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
you say that you are connected to your wireless network, but doesn't point 3 above say that it can't connect to your network?

Aye thats what is confusing me.

I scan for networks and find mine and put in my WPA and it accepts it, I then try and connect to Xbox Live and it fails.

So, I scan for networks again and again it finds mine but it shows (connected) below the name of it.

Totally confused

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Can you log into your router and turn UPNP on? I'd suggest looking at the xbox live help pages that the diagnostics tell you to look at as well.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
make the xbox ip the DMZ to stop any packet filtering maybe

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Well Ive just tried it wired and no problems. So deffo Router issue.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Some wireless routers don't reject passwords, they simply accept whatever you put in and then block all traffic if the password is wrong.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
When i try and input a wrong password on purpose though in my obox it fails.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Right, Ive just turned security off and it still fails when I connect to the XBOX Live, MAC address thingy?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It's unlikely you've got mac address filtering as you'd also not be able to connect with that.

Could be an IP thing - is the xbox set to DHCP? I.e. to receive an IP automatically from the router?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
It's unlikely you've got mac address filtering as you'd also not be able to connect with that.

Could be an IP thing - is the xbox set to DHCP? I.e. to receive an IP automatically from the router?

Yes, its all set to auto

Confusing OR WHAT!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any way you can find out what IP its got? I can't remember if it shows you that. If it does, open up a command prompt on your computer (Start>Run>cmd enter) and type in

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where the xxx's are your ping displayed by the router. See if it gets a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom