X-men 3

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
off to see it tomorrow morning. oh the joys of being a student :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
haarewin said:
off to see it tomorrow morning. oh the joys of being a student :p

The morning? bad time for a film imo.. me and my gf will be going to 11pm showing at our cinema like we always do for the pure fact of:

1. no screaming kids.

2. no chavs messing around at the back and talking all the way through the film

3. we love to watch films in the evening.. just something about it

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
there was no kids, just me and my brother and a few other people sat around.
it was good! i won't post any spoilers but the ending was lame :/

Aada

Part of the furniture
haarewin said:
there was no kids, just me and my brother and a few other people sat around.
it was good! i won't post any spoilers but the ending was lame :/

Any hint of a 4th?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
haarewin said:
ending is very open so could well be.

Nope. Well certainly not with the current actors anyway. There are a couple of X-Men spin-offs in the works; a Wolverine movie and a Magneto: The Early Years movie.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Aye, this is the final X-Men movie.

Certainly with these actors anyway - it's said as much in the press generally.

Oh and I've convinced Mrs Sar to go too, so we're going Sunday afternoon - although I may sneak off and see it on Saturday anyway :D

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Tired of discrimination and prejudice, Magneto sets out to recruit disgruntled mutants and forms an organisation to promote mutant rights!

That was in X-Men 1
And X-Men 2
And X-Men 3

Dark Phoenix was wasted! She's meant to flaunt her power by flying out into space with a firebird form around her, circle the sun and shoot off into deep space... or something more spectacular then darkening her face!

I'd give it 5/10 - wait for the DVDrip (the lighting was off aswell, it was like watching a live stage act).

It's time the series moved on from Magneto Vs school kids. It needs Apocalypse or the Hellfire Club and a mature team of X-Men.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Soooo predictible.. I expected more tbh

I hope they won't make a 4th tbh..

BTW.. do not leave the cinema room wait till all the credits are gone.. there is another 5 seconds of movie after them!!!!!!!!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Does it involve me spaffing on Halle Berry's tits while she enquires whether I'm having a 'racist moment' ?

DaGaffer

Urgluf said:
Soooo predictible.. I expected more tbh

I hope they won't make a 4th tbh..

BTW.. do not leave the cinema room wait till all the credits are gone.. there is another 5 seconds of movie after them!!!!!!!!!

Well I thought it was good. Didn't pull any punches either.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i know the films arnt following the comic books 100% and inthis film not at all but cyclops is the most under used char in the 3 films where in the comics he is preety much part of things

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
the problem with Cyclops in the films, is that hes not a strong enough actor to pull over scotts leadership skills.

DaGaffer

Wij said:
Does it involve me spaffing on Halle Berry's tits while she enquires whether I'm having a 'racist moment' ?

Did you see her on Jonathan Ross last night? Oh Momma, what a rack.

Anyway, *cough*, back on topic.
They were never going to please all the fanboys because, as has been pointed out, there are so many different X-men continuities, so I think they did the right thing doing thei rown. It allowed them to them to take risks with characters, especially the ones they 'de-mutated' or killed. When Phoenix killed Xavier I was genuinely shocked, because it wasn't a fanboy-pleasing moment, ditto Cyclops. It was also great to see so many mutants on screen, even if only for moments.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
For those who stayed til after the credits...

Was Xavier being unethical or a desperate dying man clinging to life whatever way he can?

(Or was it just a silly ploy by the film-makers? :p)

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm not a fanboy but I was extremely dissapointed. All visual, no substance. The lack of Singer was painfully obvious.

I wasted 15 quid on a bloody Vue Gold Class job seat too.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So what happened in the last few seconds after the credits?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I didnt stay till after the credits ...did Xavier return or what did he do ? And although the movie was pretty good all round ..I think there were too many 'losses' for a change ... Everyone died really ..

But the Magneto on the bridge scene ..I felt was absolutely awesome .. The thought of him backing down to Jean was annoying :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Wij said:

lol! I heard that on my way to work the other day. Bloody weirdo she is.

Just got back from the cinema and have to say I REALLY enjoyed the movie. There's flaws and things I'd like to change but it's rare to find any popcorn films these days that don't.

Vinny Jones is a little off putting but plays the Juggernaut as well as anyone can play a brainless, unstoppable hunk of muscle. His muscle suit is funny tho. There's a couple of scenes where it looks very plasticy.

Overall a great film imho.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Don't quote the posts without spoiler tags ffs

Nice use of Spoilers for all those that have not seen it yet :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Great film tbh. Seen all 3, liked all 3.

STAY AFTER THE CREDITS >< There IS something there. (Not saying what, it's really worth the wait)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Overdriven said:
Great film tbh. Seen all 3, liked all 3.

STAY AFTER THE CREDITS >< There IS something there. (Not saying what, it's really worth the wait)

I agree. If you like rubbish endings. This film will suit fans of Underworld films. For those that are still undecided.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sir Frizz said:
I haven't been that bored in a long time. :(

Bored? lol.

As someone else said seen all 3 enjoyed all 3, the bit after the credits was worth waiting for maybe X4 or something i hope.

I'm also glad happy for Magneto at the end and i hope there is more X films with him because i think he is awsome and the guy who plays him plays the character so well i thought he was probably the best character in all 3 films 2nd for me comes Mystique.. which i'm still damn well shocked about because she was the star of the show in X2 imo.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Dont you think its time to move away from Magneto though? I mean X-men have had some awesome enemies, I was hoping with the introduction of Angel that we were going to get Apoc and his 4 horsemen at some point and not just Magneto vs Xavier. Saying that I still enjoyed the movies guess when youve watched the cartoons as much as I did you kinda expect things :p

I was praying for Bishop to come from the future aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give Gambit aswell best one :-(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I really enjoyed it :) Stayed to the end of the credits with a couple of other people, all of which were muttering under their breath, "There better be something or I'm going to feel really silly"

Best bit about staying to the end of the credits was getting to see 4 chavs being forced to sweep up all the popcorn they'd been throwing at random people throughout the showing.

Also saw about 15 kids chucked out about 20 mins into the film for being twats. Good on the cinema staff, they could have easily just ignored it :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
fgs would someone just spoilertag what was in the last few seconds of the film?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
as any book or comic turned into a film it shouldnt be considered a filmatization (spelling?) but rather a film in the genre or whatever so one never gets dissapointed, that said i thought the first one was shit :/ this one seems ok, but any trailer can make a film good tho.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Nath:

The guy that was in the bed attended by the nurse, that Xavier showed his class earlier in the film: He woke up, and in Patrick Stewart's voice said "Moira" (the name of the nurse), and she turned round with a shocked look on her face and said "Charles?".

The intimation being that Xavier somehow transferred his consciousness into the vegetative patient shown earlier in the film, before Jean killed him.

As for me, I loved it. Thought it was an excellent end to the Trilogy.

And thank fuck I didn't see it after some of the posts in this thread, which would have ruined it for me totally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom