X-men 3

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone else looking forward to it? it has gone from strength to strength so far.. the first film was great the second film was awsome i think this is just going to blow the other 2 away.

20 so days till release :D

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Fraiser as Beast!!!

No, really, it's going to be cool ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
there are a few clips on putfile of soem scenes from x3 and tbh its looks far too cheesey specialy when woverine chops of a sentinels head (of screen) while arguing with storm

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yaka said:
there are a few clips on putfile of soem scenes from x3 and tbh its looks far too cheesey specialy when woverine chops of a sentinels head (of screen) while arguing with storm

The film is based on a comic book.. some bits are bound to be cheesey. I don't care been waiting for this film the day i went to see X2 nothing is going to spoil it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Saw the clips when I went to see Slither got the goose bumps and everything, gonna watch the cartoons all the way through before its released :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
nothingbuttrailers075hh.jpg

that hiardo ruins the pic :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yaka said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aHf5rDwas&eurl=

chessy fight scene possible spoiler i guess

Its nothing new.. every film based on a comic has been cheesey in some parts.. Spider Man being the cheesiest of them all.

You know full well you'll be going to see it at the release weekend :p

I'm looking forward to seeing how Pyro turns out seeing as he joined Magneto at the end of X2.

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Is this the one that supposed to have Vinnie Jones in as Juggernaut. I havn't got a clue about the x-men back story but i think I remember a fried mentioning he's Xaiviers brother, is this true? Pretty amusing thought of Patrick Stewart and Vinnie jones as brothers.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Well technically hes his step brother in some of the stories Juggernaunts dad married Xaviers very rich mother, when she was very ill and took her big mansion and money when she died.

But yeah really looking forward to it, looks great from the trailers next to the Age of Apocalpase (sry sp) the Dark Phoneix story is great.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
seen a couple of clips but cant find the url's for them. iceman gets 'iced up'. it looks pretty cool!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just watched a 7min HDTV trailer type thing. It does look rather fucking cool actually. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

By the by, who's the spikey faced guy?

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
apparently he's called 'quills'. take a wild guess as to what his power is.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The Xmen films have been the better of the superhero films right from the 1st film i think its because you have lots of mutants with great powers instead of just one guy against the world.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
nah the best superhero/ comic film has to be blade. A lot of people forget blade is from marvel too.

It'd be funny if they tried the crossovers like they used to in the comics

Aada

Part of the furniture
I didn't know Vinnie Jones plays Juggernaught, that should be funny lol

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
A friend of mine went to a press screening, says it's ok, but don't compare it to the comics (as they majorly change things). He would know, he's a huge comic fan!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
inactionman said:
A friend of mine went to a press screening, says it's ok, but don't compare it to the comics (as they majorly change things). He would know, he's a huge comic fan!

TBH the comics themselves change things all the time; the Ultimate X-Men continuity is different to the mainstream X-Men continuity, and there are a bunch of other versions as well, so the movies aren't really doing anything different.

Aada

Part of the furniture
inactionman said:

As Gaffer said.. the comics change things all the time this is no different i love Xmen and X3 for me is going to be fantastic.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
after getting all annoyed that the first film wasnt true to the comics, i thought it better to just think of it as another timeline. ;O

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I liked a quote I saw from a comic book writer when asked about continuity in comic books.

"As far as I'm concerned, continuity is that Jimmie Olson never became Robin : The Boy Wonder. Other than that anything goes" :D

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently characters are changed in major ways, and bear no relation to any iteration of the comics, is how my friend put it.

DaGaffer

inactionman said:
Apparently characters are changed in major ways, and bear no relation to any iteration of the comics, is how my friend put it.

*shrugs*. Superman Returns is ignoring 20 years of comic continuity and tracking back to Superman II for inspiration. Its what the film industry does, no point in worrying about it. Look at what they did to Batman continuity in the original Tim Burton film, Blade is substanitally different, and don't get me started on The Hulk. The only movies that have stayed more or less consistent in recent years were Spider-Man and Hellboy.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I'll watch it, but I just won't consider it an x-men movie.

Some of the examples you cite work better without the baggage (superman 3 & 4 aren't exactly classics, especially 4!), Blade works better as adapted for film (and the comics now reflect that). Sometimes comics are just too overblown, and it all needs some simplification (which Marvel's Ultimate line shows).

DaGaffer

Wasn't really referring to their ignoring Superman III and IV (thank God I say :)), but more that they've ignored that fact that the whole Superman mythos was completely rebooted in the comics in 1985, so for most people under the age of 25-30, it won't be the Superman (or the Lex Luthor for that matter) they recognise from the comics in the new film. I guess I'd have preferred a new start a la Batman Begins rather than trying to tie back to the last lot of films (not necessarily yet another origin story, but using the modern stuff, like "Clark's not a bumbling idiot"), but we'll see.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Saw it last night!!!!

Got into a staff preview night.

It is so good and really delivers I even shed a tear when something happened.

Leaves you wanting more it does the 1st 2 films justice and Beast is great.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Definitely going to see this on Saturday morning.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom