X-Men 2 ?

S

S-Gray

Anyone know when this film is released? I seen a few clips of it last night on TV, and considering i loved the first, the second should be.. "okay"...

It been released anywhere like the US or somethin?

U

-Ultimate

Release is May 2nd apparently, dunno whether thats just US date though.

C

Ch3tan

Its out this month here in Oz, looks amazing.

Saw the Final flight of the Osiris AniMatrix before Dreamwatcher (cack film) here yesterday as well, pant wetting year ahead with both Matrix films and X-men.

O

old.I_Am_Glen

predection :

matrix: coolio effect, shit story :///////

xmen : coolie storie, shit effect :///////

mebbes :p~

N

nath

X men 2 will have good effects this time, glenn. They've had a big budget to play with this time.

X

Xtro

rah!

Going to see this at midnight tonight, thanks a to a m8 who works at the flicks.

I'll let you know what I think tomorrow no doubt unless I stupidly come on here at 3am...hmm wait....:)

O

old.I_Am_Glen

X men 2 will have good effects this time, glenn. They've had a big budget to play with this time.

o i c. Shud b intrestin then :))

X

Xtro

..and stupidly here I am at just before 3am.

k, just seen it. Won't give any spoilers but...

Famke Janssen - hmm lush, effects decent, can see more money went on it, drags at the end, Nightcrawler is great but underused, Wolverine is better, its much better than the first.

Start booking for X-Men 3, yes its that fucking obvious there will be a 3rd...

Matrix will crap on it imho, I'd give it 7.5 out of 10.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.I_Am_Glen
matrix: coolio effect, shit story :///////

bleh?

bad story?

from what ive seen in the trailers and story info the story sounds kinda good tbh :/

D

dysfunction

I think the Premier of this film is tonight in London....or so I heard on the radio this morning.

So if you want to take some rotten tomatoes and pelt some celebs nows your chance!

O

old.I_Am_Glen

Originally posted by sharma
bleh?

bad story?

from what ive seen in the trailers and story info the story sounds kinda good tbh :/

i kno ;/ but matrix was bit of snake in grass imo, had nice mix of gud efect n' gud story..no 1 saw it comin either :p

matrix reload shud b intrestin...jus hop that its not guna be jus a special efect show with no desent stories.

tbh they mad there money anyways, every1 will c it cos its matrix ;/ bit like star wars..... aack!

X

xane

On a side note, is X-Men 1.5 worth getting. I did enjoy the original film I was just wondering if the DVD was worth it.

N

nath

Not if you have Xmen on dvd already.

It's essentially the special edition of Xmen special edition. The film, plus special features, plus some bits about 2. Not much though.

If that tickles your fancy, buy it: else just buy the standard dvd.

I

isuck

i hate folks that go off topic in threads.

but ch3tan u lucky bastard.

D

Durzel

Originally posted by old.I_Am_Glen
i kno ;/ but matrix was bit of snake in grass imo, had nice mix of gud efect n' gud story..no 1 saw it comin either :p

matrix reload shud b intrestin...jus hop that its not guna be jus a special efect show with no desent stories.

tbh they mad there money anyways, every1 will c it cos its matrix ;/ bit like star wars..... aack!
I think the Matrix Reloaded has an almost impossible rep to live up to. Its pretty much impossible for it to push the envelope in story terms, since the first was so revolutionary.

Looks like they're going all out on the special effects. I hope the story doesn't get lost in them. :(

P

Padwah

The Matrix was revolutionary?

Don't get me wrong it was an alright film, but apart from the special effects it wasn't fantastic. I've seen it twice now and that's enough for me :)

D

dysfunction

The Radio DJ this morning said he went to see X-Men 2 yesterday at the Premier in London...(lucky bastard!)

Anyway...he said it was much better than the first one!

He also said there were loads of gorgeous celebs with their boobs bursting out of tight tops...what it is to be a DJ....

oh well

Y

Yaka

just came back from the cinema and i can say is that X2 is ver kewl:clap:

S

silverthorn

X2 just rocks...
Saw it last night and would heartily recommend it to anyone at all...

Great cameos all round :D

O

old.Kez

X2 is pretty darn good, until the end. While it makes way for all kinds of cool in X3, it could've been avoided by certain mutants using their goddamn powers.
Kurt (Nightcrawler) is very, very cool.
So is Collosus (sp?).

X3 better fucking well introduce some of the other characters that were regulars in comic and cartoon form. Gambit, Beast, Juggernaut, etc.

(and Rogue ought to get her goddamn flying power, because she's fucking shit without it)

D

Durzel

Originally posted by old.Kez
X3 better fucking well introduce some of the other characters that were regulars in comic and cartoon form. Gambit, Beast, Juggernaut, etc.
Gambit would be utterly shit. How realistic is him chucking playing cards at people? :(

Beast has been done in another guise already (Sabretooth)

Juggernaut would be pretty cool I reckon, but would probably have to end up being CGI.

Spiderman should do a cameo :) (and I dont just mean the DVD outtake)

S

stu

You're dense.

Gambit rocks. His "ability" is to energise stuff, he just uses the cards as vectors. It could just as easily be an exploding pizza. You'd like that wouldn't you! huh?

Beast != Sabretooth. You actually see Hank McCoy very briefly in X2. I doubt you'll see him in X3 though, simply because he'd be expensive to do properly, and would look quite lame (saw the full Hulk trailer, and it looked pretty bad).

Juggernaut is just a fat lamer.

What about the ending could have been changed by people using their powers? Nightcrawler tried to go grab Jean but she blocked him. Besides, the whole Jean/Phoenix angle was obvious from a mile off, and should make for a pretty decent storyline.

The RX-8 was fucking awesome, also.

Betty getting killed was a bit shit, and it was another case of Kelly Hu being criminally underused.

D

Durzel

Originally posted by stu
What about the ending could have been changed by people using their powers? *parp*, and should make for a pretty decent storyline.

The RX-8 was fucking awesome, also.

*preep*, and it was another case of Kelly Hu being criminally underused.
Gee, thanks for spoiling it for me!

Definitely agree on the RX-8, I've seen some offline pictures of it - looks amazing. Ingenious spoiler too.

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by stu
(saw the full Hulk trailer, and it looked pretty bad).
lol aye, it looks ghastly, he looks all plastic and shit.

What about the ending could have been changed by people using their powers? Nightcrawler tried to go grab Jean but she blocked him. Besides, the whole Jean/Phoenix angle was obvious from a mile off, and should make for a pretty decent storyline.

Betty getting killed was a bit shit, and it was another case of Kelly Hu being criminally underused.
Well, we've just covered spoilers, so I guess I can carry on :)

The whole Jean becoming Phoenix thing could've been avoided (though it would make her less cool in X3) by either Iceman or Xavier using their goddamn powers. I guess they were 'worn out' or some shit though, right? :\
Xavier's Time stopping trick - hello? That'd be a perfect moment to stop time, Prof!

Iceman and some water - hello?

(these would obviously have to have been done before she left the ship and decided not to let them help her, but still, they could've used their fucking heads)

I feel like a real dirty nurd now.

Beast has been done in another guise already (Sabretooth)
Shut up yeh? :\

N

Nos-

Well, Xavier didn't actually stop time, he just managed to freeze all the non-mutants (as shown by their being people still talking on the other end of mobiles etc).

And as for Iceman, doubt he could have stopped *quite* that much water in it's tracks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom