wtf is it with scouts

K

k0ugar

why do people hate scouts? i log mine on and i spend 3 hrs looking 4 a grp :(
and if i solo, the xp sucks.. bleh damn scouts..

A

Arnor

Originally posted by k0ugar
why do people hate scouts? i log mine on and i spend 3 hrs looking 4 a grp :(
and if i solo, the xp sucks.. bleh damn scouts..

it aint easy being a fotm-to-be :p

L

loxleyhood

Theres ways to get around it. Personally im partial to voodoo dolls.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Kidnapping their loved ones works wonders as well.

...or so I am told. :-S

S

saltymcpepper

wouldnt you have to be dead first?

O

old.m0000

I'm here in London, England - the home of the queen mother

fucker

K

k0ugar

heh..so basicly my chances of lvling are fucked :p

great.. any necro's fancy a chat? lol :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

heh..so basicly my chances of lvling are fucked :p

great.. any necro's fancy a chat? lol :D

Make your own necro. :p

Most necros prefer to keep to themselves and the only time you will ever hear them talking to other people is when they are shouting, "FUCK OFF!! MY CAMP SPOT!! DIE IRL!!11".

Ha ha! :D This is my first necro whine thread. Woo! Goooo meeee!

Actually, it isn't my thread...and not really a whine either, more an astute observation. Ah well.

D

Driwen

k0ugar sissyfoo has a necro :p. But if its same as a hunter (which it prolly is). Just let your guildies help out and solo. No other option. I just went on pve raids with guild and by that got higher level, but had the luck of having atleast 1 pve hunt every week. Atleast when I was lvl 30+, which is when it really matters. Allthough for a scout it prolly sucks more than a hunter as your melee is normally suckier (scouts spec bow higher) and hunters got a pet in pve, which can hold of 1 or 2 adds for long enough to let you kill the main mob. Without getting hurt by the adds, but I can only take 2 adds if they came later than the initial mob (otherwise my pet would be dead) and they have to be blue. As my pet cant survive 2 yellows (being blue himself) and I dont think i can survive fighting 3 yellows after eachother without having access to IP :p and having major luck in evades:p.

K

k0ugar

Originally posted by Cloak_
Told ya to move hib :D

the words NER NER NER spring to mind :( :p

if i wanted to be a hib, id eat grass! :p hehe

A

Aoami

the words NER NER NER spring to mind :( :p

if i wanted to be a hib, id eat grass! :p hehe

Thats cows and other such livestock, not hibernians

A

Alkoran

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
They smoke it.

We do not, we're just a naturally happy and moderately incoherant people.

B

BlitheringIdiot

How can you be so happy, you're all so ugly.

A

Alkoran

Nah, you're thinking of albs.....Inconnu give the art of doorstop-craft a bad name.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

This coming from the Midgardian 'I flat-share with trolls' and the Hibernian 'My ex-girlfriend was a firby'? :p You are all ugly freaks of nature! Why do you think the realm of Albion wants to keel you all? When we are done keeling you we will turn our attention to the...Icconus.

Soon our glorious Aryan realm will rid the world of all the oogly creatures and blah blah...~insert rest of facist propaganda here~

Writing facist dogma is quite a drain on the system. I think I will go and have a bowl of Phish Food ice cream. :D

H

heilel

I don't mind scouts in a grp.
Assuming I can't get any other class for the grp that is. ;)

K

k0ugar

cunt.. why treat scouts different? infils are purly Rvr chars, scouts help grps with pulling, or holding mobs off while the grp kills the 1st with engage (shield ability) fine we are.. i suppose mainly rvr.. but we do have grp uses.. infils.. wel.. not sure..

B

BlitheringIdiot

Scouts bring nothing to the group, everything they can do someone else can do better and usually faster and with less fuss :p Personality has quite a bit to do with it though and calling people c*nts is a bad start...

K

k0ugar

hmm. of course calling everyone a cunt isnt the best way to go about it...think.. sumthing called common sence has a BIG part to play there, and 2nd, i dont call everyone a cunt, im actually a nice person other wise ma friends list wudnt be full wud it :/ anyway, scouts must have sum use, and tbh who else can use a bow better than a scout blither? :p small point, but tbh i dont care really.. anyway, i want a answer about infils, wtf is so good about them in a group? and ..i wont agree that scouts have fuck all to do in a grp i think sum people need to take their heads outta thier arses and not be utter cunts when it comes to scouts just as any class were there to lvl up and go to rvr.. and do what every other fucking class does. why single out scouts? rangers and hunters dont get as much shit as scouts do, jesus.. i mean SORRY for wanting to be a scout lol.. :rolleyes:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

You reap what you sow. :p Personally, I would take a scout over an infi any day...mainly because there are so many of the damn bastards running around AC begging for a group.

K

k0ugar

i reap what i sow.... guess im doomed to have cunts like blither think scouts are useless with the result that not many peeps who have a scout will acutally enjoy it but rather be punished for it.

Twats :great:

B

BlitheringIdiot

You sir, are a moron. (first time Ive ever said that)

1 - A full friends list means people like you?

2 - Your attitude here is probably reflected in game upon rejection to a group, being nice goes a hell of a long way. You know there is more than one free space in a group, people do leave...

3 - Hunters and rangers do get it and just as badly.

4 - My main was a scout up until September of last year, I was the 26th best (ubzors!!!1) on prydwen, so in fact I have xped a scout.

5 - Archers will become rather decent next patch and so are considered a Flavour of the month char (FotM), there will be truck loads of them.

6 - In my experiences all rouge classes are treated unfairly, perhaps if you werent to make such a victim of yourself you might do something productive.

7 - Archers are good soloers.

8 - This is OT, this thread is not, fuck off.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Being a scout turns an ordinarily nice person into a seething, hollow, bitter shell of a man/woman.

I was once like you, playing my infi when they weren't FOTM/Y and struggling to find a group. Being told by a group of lowbies who were 2-3 levels below me that they needed a tank over an infi was all I heard on Salisbury Plains. I grew bitter and resentful. I wanted to show them that I was just as good as a tank and my high dex meant that I wouldn't take so much damage as those slow moving and cumbersome plate boys!

...in the end I just gave up and rolled a wizard. Instant group love!

"Sissyfoo, do you need a group?"
"Sorry, I already have one."
"Well quit that one and come and join us! Pleeease?"

Siiiiigh...so many memories. :)

God, I hate you people. :p

D

Driwen

problem is that for xp groups. Scouts are better not to be the main tank, so just one shot for pulling then let someone else take the agro of the mob. So their damage done on the mobs is smaller than that of the tanks. Most casters will do bigger damage and can pull great enough range (with nearsight just as far as scouts can iirc). So as pullers archers are not good as damage dealers they arent aswell. So thats why not every group will take you. Actually enough will probably, certainly with the agro management from critshots now (agro will be mostly spread around the group and just a little bit more on the archer) and with rapid fire. But still archers will be doing less damage than most people that are not supporting the group with heals/buffs/cc.

and sissyfoo most archers i know arent that bitter and resentful :p, but then again most know what they begin on or know it soon enough and just deal with it;). Being bitter/resentful wont help you one bit as it only ruins the fun in your game :p.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Well, it was my first character so I didn't really know what I was getting into at the time. :p

They should put a warning on the game package. :(

Users who are viewing this thread