wtf at US prices

- English -

Resident Freddy
Me and a few friends are thinking of going to the new US servers on the 14th July, however, we have been trying to find realistic prices for the CD keys, as we can easily upgrade to the US patch etc. After strolling through numerous websites, I am quite shocked to see the prices on there, compared to the EU. For example, a catacombs CD key, costing £6 + free t-shirt here, is the equivilent to $35 in the USA. When the cost for Classical, SI, and TOA (Platinium Edition) is $25. This adds up to $60, which I am noway paying, even if it would be something like £40 in the UK.

Is anyone else having this problem about finding US keys etc, Im not bothered about the boxes, I just basically need a US catacombs, SI, TOA key etc. Atm, ive got a freetrial for 14 days, but I dont know if you can update etc to catacombs, and/if they will try charge $60 for it.... please can someone enlighten me on whats happening :D

Thanks

Gamah

Banned
I did this, signed up for free trial (SI) and brought cata, as I am only going to be playing non toa server it only cost me $25

- English -

Resident Freddy
Yeh ive been thinking of this, but a few other friends suggested that you may aswell buy TOA..... but that would add $35 on... feck it... Ill do what you did....

- English -

Resident Freddy
Btw.. can you get catas before the free trial runs out?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Thought you needed to have ToA to use Cata?

mirieth!

Banned
considering the classic server is no-toa, but still cata implemented - needing toa would be rather retarded, so no :).

- English -

Resident Freddy
Gamah, did you wait before putting catacombs on to your freetrial? and how did you do it?

Mey

Part of the furniture
u need Toa for the races and graphics to be supported, iirc?

Gamah

Banned
I didn't wait however it wont be fully impliemented untill the server is released, atm you get an annoying pop up saying you need to install TOA to play cats etc, but you don't I have sucessfully activated Catacombs, and played on the server server using the client and STILL have access to TOA races, and played on the test Cats version. It is also stated in a grab bag you don't need TOA to play catacombs on the new servers.

- English -

Resident Freddy
How do you activate catacombs then? I will need to buy the CD key, but which one did you buy for which cost you $25? Im quite confused with this US stuff :D

Gamah

Banned
Here is some text from a Recent grab bag located here: http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2051.shtml

Recent GrabBag said:
Q: Will Catacombs and Catacombs classes be available on the new server?

A: Yes.

Q: Do you need to have Catacombs in order to play on the new server?

A: No - though as with all expansions, you won't have access to Catacombs content or classes without having it.

Q: Do I need to own TOA in order to activate Catacombs on the new server?

A: On the new server, you do not need to own the TOA expansion.

Gamah

Banned
- English - said:
How do you activate catacombs then? I will need to buy the CD key, but which one did you buy for which cost you $25? Im quite confused with this US stuff :D

Sorry I meant $35, I got it from gamersloot. Brought CD key only and he emails you it.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Im soo confused lol..... so with teh 14 day trial... i buy catacombs etc and activate it, but will i then have Classical, SI and Catacombs ?

sorry im dumb :)

Gamah

Banned
- English - said:
Im soo confused lol..... so with teh 14 day trial... i buy catacombs etc and activate it, but will i then have Classical, SI and Catacombs ?

sorry im dumb :)

yes and no TOA, meaning you can only play on the new servers when its released on tuesday.

- English -

Resident Freddy
cool thanks alot... :))) btw how long does it take the email with the key to come? Im just waiting on that

Bellona

Banned
Gamah said:
yes and no TOA, meaning you can only play on the new servers when its released on tuesday.

im playing atm on mordred with the catacombs client (new graphics), which nothing but the 14-day trial downloaded/activated

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Ok i had a thread almost exactly like this about 2 weeks ago and it's really hard to get any good information, from either mythic or sometimes other players. It's all quite confusing :) Anyway: this is how i did:

I downloaded Cata from here: https://gamersloot.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=115_134_117&products_id=368 (although if you already have the eu version you can just change the patcher to get the full us version.)
Then i ordered a cata cd-key from here: http://www.elite-guides.com/cdkeys.html . But heard alot of good stuff about gamersloot aswell so any of them should be ok.

First when the patcher asks for a cd-key, i put in the cata cd-key. Then you need to make a new account, so i put in the cata cd-key here aswell, but that doesn't work, so i took one of the 14-day trial keys from camelotherald.
But then the game will recognise you are running the cata client, so it says "you need to have a toa cd-key", just click Cancel. Then you get "you need to have a cata cd-key", click register and type in the cata cd-key.
The game will start and you're good to go :) The game will ask for a toa cd-key every time you start but you just click cancel and it will start, works perfectly fine :)

Bellona

Banned
Ozilia said:
Ok i had a thread almost exactly like this about 2 weeks ago and it's really hard to get any good information, from either mythic or sometimes other players. It's all quite confusing :) Anyway: this is how i did:

I downloaded Cata from here: https://gamersloot.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=115_134_117&products_id=368 (although if you already have the eu version you can just change the patcher to get the full us version.)
Then i ordered a cata cd-key from here: http://www.elite-guides.com/cdkeys.html . But heard alot of good stuff about gamersloot aswell so any of them should be ok.

First when the patcher asks for a cd-key, i put in the cata cd-key. Then you need to make a new account, so i put in the cata cd-key here aswell, but that doesn't work, so i took one of the 14-day trial keys from camelotherald.
But then the game will recognise you are running the cata client, so it says "you need to have a toa cd-key", just click Cancel. Then you get "you need to have a cata cd-key", click register and type in the cata cd-key.
The game will start and you're good to go :) The game will ask for a toa cd-key every time you start but you just click cancel and it will start, works perfectly fine :)

yep, exactly what I did too, the cancelling :D

- English -

Resident Freddy
How long does it take to receive cd codes from gameloot.com?

- English -

Resident Freddy
were a lass actually :)

She said she were sending the email, but ive yet to get it o0 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom