WTA Guthlac Great Shield

auroria

Banned
Do you want the king of the shields?

Startprice 100p
Buyout 200p

or pm with offers

can take money from hib or mid, same shit, though would prefer on mid, then possibly transfer

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
you know ... it's my birthday on april 9th. can i have it as a present? :cheers:

auroria

Banned
im not trying to be funny. if you dont like the price so be it, took me ages to get ;)

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
to all the rofl kids...

this shield have been sold for 100p+ plus b4, and i've heard ppl offering much more than that for it, so stop the rofl. This shield is the result of weeks of hard work.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
It takes 2 man playing 4 characters actively of the 4 right classes alot of time to do this. Expect 4 hours per run, long repop and you cant log your chars on spot cause you need to reset the dungeon. Then take into consideration that its a 1/10 drop and imagine how much time they spend getting this.

100 plat is indeed not that much considering what they could have spend their time doing instead.

I have been offered alot more than 100 plat for my shield several times but refused them all since no shield even comes close to this one.

So please keep your jealous comments for yourself.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Someone offered me 200plat + some ml 10 stuff for my shield, so 100platinum is quite cheap for this godlike shield!

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
I know how much time and hard work theese guys have put in to getting that shield. So please take youre silly rofl comments and stick em up ya moms ass.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
adoNix said:
I know how much time and hard work theese guys have put in to getting that shield. So please take youre silly rofl comments and stick em up ya moms ass.

oh dear.. good thing i didnt say rofl, or id have a months work ahead of me :p

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Post taken of thane forums from a discussion about TG farming.

To farm tg you need:

1 summon sm with ml 9
1 power font enagled aug healer with rr 5 and bof 2, and DI 2
1 skald with sos 3,

Enter the glacier, hit speed of sound 3, Divine Intercention, and barrier of fortitude as soon as you hit the skeletons. Run to the far wall - away from mobs in the spine room. The mobs will get tired of following you eventually. Wait for speed of sound 3 to come back up. Repeate this step to get past the pair of dominators, and stop in the room before council hord. Allow the mobs to catch and kill you, using healer rr 5 to self rezz. Use SM specs and healer bases, have the skald ungrouped and single mob pull, then peel with the celerity enhanced ml 9 pet with focus shield. You can kill Ozur, Otryyg, and Hord in about 30 min from the time you stepped into the dungeon to the time they drop. Celetiry + focus pull, with skald protect on the healer will only make it that much easier. You can farm these three councils on every server on your cluster in about 4 hours, and walk away with about 600 plat in rare TG loot to split up, or sell to your helpers.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

Blah Blah Blah

That's nice. However, Guthlac's shield drops from Elder Council Guthlac, who lives right next to the King. You have to destroy the entire of TG to reach him, which is most definitely not doable with your 3 man combo. Yet another post from someone who just hasn't got a clue about the item. Perhaps get a clue, and then you can comment, ok? :)

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
also, GL getting 600p from anything that thoose 3 drops. even if u kill them on both exc and pryd, the max ammount u can get from em should be somewhere around 70p, and that's with alot of luck. U can make better moneh during that time if u rly want to though, but i aint gonne tell some1 how atm xD

edit: and vell is right, it takes quite some more toll kill guthlac then it takes to kill ozur and thoose easy boys.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Should be pointed out that this player is an American, and I'm pretty sure he knows what hes on about. Before you flame me I suggest you try it out. Or perhaps you rather waste time on random mobs? :)

auroria

Banned
atos said:

To farm tg you need:

1 summon sm with ml 9
1 power font enagled aug healer with rr 5 and bof 2, and DI 2
1 skald with sos 3,

Enter the glacier, hit speed of sound 3, Divine Intercention, and barrier of fortitude as soon as you hit the skeletons. Run to the far wall - away from mobs in the spine room. The mobs will get tired of following you eventually. Wait for speed of sound 3 to come back up. Repeate this step to get past the pair of dominators, and stop in the room before council hord. Allow the mobs to catch and kill you, using healer rr 5 to self rezz. Use SM specs and healer bases, have the skald ungrouped and single mob pull, then peel with the celerity enhanced ml 9 pet with focus shield. You can kill Ozur, Otryyg, and Hord in about 30 min from the time you stepped into the dungeon to the time they drop. Celetiry + focus pull, with skald protect on the healer will only make it that much easier. You can farm these three councils on every server on your cluster in about 4 hours, and walk away with about 600 plat in rare TG loot to split up, or sell to your helpers.

atos, thats so not true, really, ok u can get past them by that way, im sure. but guthlac is something very else than ozur, guthlac is in room with king and queen, and its takes alot more to get down there, besides that you dont get 600p for farming those 3 councils at all ;) Perhaps 40p at most each run. and to farm guthlac u need more than one sm and healer, u will have no chance at all with this

edit: See now others told u this earlier

Chronictank

FH is my second home
auroria said:
atos, thats so not true, really, ok u can get past them by that way, im sure. but guthlac is something very else than ozur, guthlac is in room with king and queen, and its takes alot more to get down there, besides that you dont get 600p for farming those 3 councils at all ;) Perhaps 40p at most each run. and to farm guthlac u need more than one sm and healer, u will have no chance at all with this

edit: See now others told u this earlier
It can be done with a ml9 sm and a bd, you guys should know it was my sm you had perma camped in there to farm it :p.
But takes a long time to farm as the drop rate is pish.

As for getting down there someone who knows what they are doing can get there with a savage kiter can do it, so for a shield tank it should be a breeze, unless the mobs have had a major overhaul since my tg farming days.

100p is a little steep but their time so they judge how much its worth :)

auroria

Banned
problem is u cant kite past kvasir, as theres no safespot behind him, unless u kill the dominator there first , but thats takes time, and thats something u wont have ;)

edit: Keep this topic now plz

atos

Fledgling Freddie
But this if anything should speed up the process since you can just kite your way in to teh last safe spot no? So I still think I have a point (and a clue). ^^

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yes I do! My clue being that its faster to kill less mobs than to kill more mobs!

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
right, someone stop me if im wrong but..... cant you just craft a large shield with 6 shield 5% melee resists? Is 100p really worth it for a proc and an extra 1% melee resists?

Unless of course you cant craft large shields, but ive never bothered with weapincrafting so I wouldnt know.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Funkdocta said:
right, someone stop me if im wrong but..... cant you just craft a large shield with 6 shield 5% melee resists? Is 100p really worth it for a proc and an extra 1% melee resists?

Unless of course you cant craft large shields, but ive never bothered with weapincrafting so I wouldnt know.

actually there is no proc on the guthlac shield ^^

auroria

Banned
Funkdocta said:

it is ze swingspd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom