WoW acc creation

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
and WHAT would u guess will happend if they DID give a rough estimation and they totally missed it? were talking mostly 14-18 year old WC3 fanbois here. :) it would be worse then the whinefest that is DAoC boards :)

If I don't get in soon, I'm gonna cry. That has to be worse than teens whining :p

Sucks though, I did plan this weekend for a hardcore WoW session :|

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hehe. well.. atleast i get SOME comfort in theese boards :)

owell.. off to planetside i think and get raped by yet another BFR nutcase....

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
and WHAT would u guess will happend if they DID give a rough estimation and they totally missed it? were talking mostly 14-18 year old WC3 fanbois here. :) it would be worse then the whinefest that is DAoC boards :)

Yeah, but they could underpromise the time, like work out they might have it up in 12 hours and then say 24 hours which would mean that most people would bugger off and stop refreshing the signup pages. It might mean more spreading out of the signup when it coes back online.

Although getting it working this weekend will be interesting as france has exceptionally strict working hours capped in most cases at 35 hours a week no matter what ;)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Indio said:
That post is dated 30/8/2004 what is the relevance?
"The forum date is wrong, and the clock is off by several hours."- Thundgot (General forum > Forum bugs thread).
Seeing as how they wiped the entire forums before release, I'm not quite sure how you managed to make that reply.

Never hurts to stop and think for just two seconds. Give it a try. :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know the technical stuff behind this, but is it not possible to have 2 servers. The first is being spammed with requests and the second is the 'real' accounts processing server, which has a cap of xxthousand connections. When the processing server has free slots, it contacts the first server, which sends some users across.

People will still have a delay connecting, but once they get through to the accounts server they can register without problems. And if the first server is spammed to death, just reboot it without the risk of losing anything.

+ If it's right that Blizzard have a 'corrupted' database because of Blizzard-EU's "copy & paste" code. imo, it would be better to wipe it, fix the code and get everyone to register again. Would probably be faster than trying to find dodgy entries... At worst, someone will lose a ~lv20 character :p

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
btw Yaruar, did you know your site was down?

Oh the boredom, I've begun clicking the links in peoples sigs :/

This account has been suspended.

Please contact Titan Internet Ltd :

accounts@titaninternet.co.uk
tel: 0845 125 9500
fax: 0845 125 9501

Jumbly

Fledgling Freddie
While I can't promise anything I have high hopes for the pages being up within a few hours. Things might be trickier than they seem though, so please don't kill me (or at least don't corpse-camp me) if I'm wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thundgot
Community Manager, English

Before anyone gets too excited about a quick fix think on it. Say the magic wand is waved and that which is unglued becomes glued. 100K + people ready to spam your server within a few seconds of each other (did I hear someone whisper DOS attack?). I know what I would do if it was my piggy bank on the line. I would fix it and then sit on it until 3am. Then I would let nature take its course and hope the torrent becomes more of a trickle as only the sad barstewards like us sign up in the wee small hours of the morning. Then you get a reasonably smooth ride in through tomorrow.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Jumbly said:
While I can't promise anything I have high hopes for the pages being up within a few hours. Things might be trickier than they seem though, so please don't kill me (or at least don't corpse-camp me) if I'm wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thundgot
Community Manager, English

Surely can't be 1 person working on it Oo, nun the less some good news at last, any idea when that was posted Jumbly?

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Silmarwen said:
Is it me or the entire page just went down? :D

Have you read the previous post's before you posted? :eek7:

Jumbly

Fledgling Freddie
Yuppers, posted

45. Re: Account Creation Pages Down | 8/31/2004 2:05:28 AM PDT

Woot? you say. What the feck is 2:05:28 AM PDT got to do with the price of fish you say? .

Well to help you with your sums (which I would have done for you if Unwins had not had the offer on cans of Stella tonight) the latest post on that thread is 2:44:53 AM PDT :)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Xavier said:
btw Yaruar, did you know your site was down?

Oh the boredom, I've begun clicking the links in peoples sigs :/

This account has been suspended.

Please contact Titan Internet Ltd :

accounts@titaninternet.co.uk
tel: 0845 125 9500
fax: 0845 125 9501

yeah i couldn't afford the renewal fees so i'm looking for other providers at the moment :)

Jumbly

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting. DAOC servers running at about 1400, normally about 2100 on a Friday night (or so it seemed to me last time I looked). Allowing for the ones like me who have logged in to DAOC cos I am peed off that sorta makes me think maybe 1200 peak time in a week? May of course creep up as ppl drop out of WoW, who knows. However we are looking (until Cats maybe) a pretty empty DAOC. How is this affecting other games?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
anyone know what the signup page url should be? lost the link!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
yeah i couldn't afford the renewal fees so i'm looking for other providers at the moment :)

Delete something in your inbox ;)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Ceryseth said:
Page up :D
Nearly droped my glass when i saw it loaded xD

No there not ;<

I still can't get in, coming up with Page Cannot be Displayed msg >.<

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Jumbly said:
Yuppers, posted

45. Re: Account Creation Pages Down | 8/31/2004 2:05:28 AM PDT

Woot? you say. What the feck is 2:05:28 AM PDT got to do with the price of fish you say? .

Well to help you with your sums (which I would have done for you if Unwins had not had the offer on cans of Stella tonight) the latest post on that thread is 2:44:53 AM PDT :)

PDT?? :eek: :twak:

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Ok people, I'm sure we can come to a conclusion that now the pages ARE back UP, there being pounded again!

So.... my solution is...

Everyone stop trying to get there acc info and let me try! then i'll come back to you and tell you all if its still working or not!

Well sounds like a good idea to me tbh!!!!1

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well.. i can honestly say that they are back up.. i JUST made my account :p

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
Officaly back up but completely unusable, the connection times out nearly every time. And they you get a session timed out thing that meens you have to start again at the begining, very irritateing and itll take a while to clear becuse of the massive backlog...

Jakus Morgan

Fledgling Freddie
Bah first I get home from work to find that my net connection is down
( damn NTL :twak: ) now it's back I can't get into the sign up pages.

Getting page not found at the moment. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom