WoW acc creation

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Got WoW this morning through the post... w00t!!!
and erm... well I installed it and as soon as I got to creating my acc I get an Error ( after searching for my CD-Key ), I get to step two when I type in my CD-Key and Security Code and I get a message, Slow Poke! You've taken your time and your sesson has run out, please go back to do it all again...

Well wtf is that about????

I can't play the game if you don't give me enough time to enter my CD-Key, so what if i'm a slow typer!!11 After trying my hardest to type it as fast as I can ( I know it off by heart now I've typed it so many times! ) it still gives me that same damned message !

Anyone care to explain please..

Thanks

Haggus.

/edit Its also saying now that my CD key is not Valid.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Getting the same, guess there are 100k players trying to subscribe :)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
What I thought mate :)

But I just rang up my mate and he had no problems what so ever trying to get his acc. nerf GoA, oopps I mean Blizzard

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Done :p

I just need to whine abit then things go my way again :D

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
:yawn:

bah fgs give me my acc !! :mad: :<<<<<<<

Ormorof

FH is my second home
<whine> cant even get to the sub pages,keeps timing out :p </whine>

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Im getting same thing, page cant be displayed, this is a bugger, going out on the piss at 5oclock, wanted to get my account setup by then.

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
It wont take my CD key, tried in different browsers on different computers. Nerf.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Adorith said:
It wont take my CD key, tried in different browsers on different computers. Nerf.

Same :<

Maybe it would be nice for some official Blizzard person to come on here and explain, oh wait.. do they know about FH yet ? :eek:

Shamyn

Fledgling Freddie
I've gotten as far as the 4th of 5th page of account creation, but then it always times out. Blizzard should've made a queuing system or something since the current server obviously can't handle the load.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
and a good way of getting passed the time out would be to write the CD key in a text editor and cut and paste them.. :)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I did that 3 times before I realised Whispress, their site is buggered, if you click the logo at the top of the EU site it takes you to the US one. Some of the other links do that too..

/slaps the slacker web designers :twak:

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Due to the heavy load on the system, we are experiencing problems with Account Creation and are therefore forced to take those pages down temporarily
So basically they didn't expect a heavy load (;)) or just can't handle it. Looks like we have another GOA here. :clap:

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:
Please make sure you aren't trying to reg it on "worldofwarcraft.com". You'd be surprised how many tried that.

Also: http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general-en&t=390&s=new&tmp=1#new

Yes i've been trying on there, and since I have no loggin acc so I can't post on the wow forums i've stoped checking them, thanks for that!

Shamyn said:
I've gotten as far as the 4th of 5th page of account creation, but then it always times out. Blizzard should've made a queuing system or something since the current server obviously can't handle the load.

Yes defenatly, surely Blizzard expected this and should of done something at least!

Anyone hold any info on when they will be back up?

Knowing this I think its a bit of a relife as people have got angry, though I'm still very angry and Blizzard for not doing anything but there all under pressure, as you would expect. But hurry up and get them pages back up :clap:

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Jaapi said:
So basically they didn't expect a heavy load (;)) or just can't handle it. Looks like we have another GOA here. :clap:

Woohoo, just what we all need

Jumbly

Fledgling Freddie
1. Account Creation Pages Down | 8/30/2004 9:04:09 PM PDT

Due to the heavy load on the system, we are experiencing problems with Account Creation and are therefore forced to take those pages down temporarily. While the pages are down, those players who have already created an account can continue playing the game. We are investigating the situation and will come back to you with more information as soon as we have it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thundgot
Community

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general-en&t=390&p=1&tmp=1#post390

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
is there a signup page for every localized language or is it just this one page that gives ppl the chance to make a account?

if its only this one its silly...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ctuchik said:
is there a signup page for every localized language or is it just this one page that gives ppl the chance to make a account?

if its only this one its silly...

the links on german and french sites goes to same one :(

so 100k people all struggling to get on :mad:

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
Only one now, and iirc during the FB 2nd phase account creations there were 3 language different pages aimed at either english french or german users
Even with 3 pages it was hard to surf trough the account process and there were far less ppl signing up since the bulk was already in beta..

Now they have just 1 page :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
seriously doubt 100k ppl is enough tbh...

and lol @ only having one sign up page.....

I WANNA PULAYYYYYYYYY!!! *runs of crying*

but seriously, ONE page for ENTIRE europe?????

:twak:

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
no offense but it's not a kickstart for Blizzard :p
i've cleand 1st and 2nd floor and removed 7 wheelbarrow's of leaf from the yard while waiting.... i havent done that much in one day since before daoc hehe :)

give me account now!!!!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The game boxes should've been released last friday. And account creation pages open 48hours before the servers go live. Someone at Blizzard totally fucked up if he didn't see this comming.

Now they have to work on their website aswell as the game servers :|

When daoc was released, the French servers opened first, a week later the German(iirc) and a week after that, the English.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Escape said:
The game boxes should've been released last friday. And account creation pages open 48hours before the servers go live. Someone at Blizzard totally fucked up if he didn't see this comming.

Now they have to work on their website aswell as the game servers :|

When daoc was released, the French servers opened first, a week later the German(iirc) and a week after that, the English.

yep.. even tho, i as a english speaker got pretty uppset about that i gotta say that it went MUCH smoother then this pile of monkey shite....

Jumbly

Fledgling Freddie
No no, you are all too unkind. It is a big suprise, a huge surprise. Words like, unexpected, unprecedented spring to mind. It is not like anyone could predict the load - after all to make things more fun they kept their eyes closed and stuck their fingers in their ears and hummed loudly when anyone there started counting how many boxes they had sold.

The good news though is that even with the load this afternoon, now 237,456 spotty urchins have raced back home from school to open their little bundle of fun and will add to this unexpected, unprecedented load on the sign-up server. Bless them.

Sooooooo, who else will be telling the wife at 2am. Comming up in a minute luv, just going to try one more time.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Jumbly said:
Sooooooo, who else will be telling the wife at 2am. Comming up in a minute luv, just going to try one more time.

hehe, im solo at the moment (god bless)

so i dont have to be forcefed cooked grass for the uppcomming weeks coz ive neglected my partner... :clap:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
ho hum i went out especially to buy a copy as mine is delayed in the post and the acc creation pages have been down, what, over an hour now.

go go blizzard!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Escape said:
If you want to make comparisons with daoc - remember the problems with the account/cd key registration pages when SI launched.

Took GOA a week or more to get things sorted out ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its been down more or less since it opened tho :p atleast for me hehe :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom