Would you say yes to Old Frontiers if you had the chance to bring it back?

Of or NF?

• Yes! I hate camping for hours at keeps

Votes: 356 58.3%
  • No! I ahted running all the way to hw/odins/emain

Votes: 176 28.8%
  • Not fussed

Votes: 79 12.9%

• Total voters

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Nothing too special about Agramon, but the zones looks loads better than the Brynja to dock rinse and repeat route ._.

I would make it special real fast.

1st: I would increase the siege and keep defense RPs
2nd: In normal NF zones you wouldn't get RP for kills above say RR4 (like on BGs), but get RPs for Missions, Siege and Defense
3rd: In Agramon, you would get RPs for kills

Separation of 8vs8 and casual siege people, who would have a good chance in normal NF zones for building up. You would have more quality 8vs8 fights, and more quality sieges.

But what would you do with soloers, duoes, etc?
Add a new RVR instance, and make sure groups of same size would end up in the same instance :) /1 group per realm, both dungeon and open instances, and would use OF lands for them)

After this: I would make a copy of frontiers with COOPERATIVE ruleset, and would allow grouping with other realm members in PVE lands including this new copy (and porting between lands) /some truce because of some common enemies. They contain the fighting to frontiers by law, etc/ for a full PVE mode (cooperative mode frontiers) you would have an almost permanent flag /there would be respeccs for this flag droped in relic temples only, and 1 free respec at start/

I think this ruleset would help a bit more, and would encourage the community to change, and changes in the community would help MUCH more.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Since i am playing insta50freeshard now i most say old frontiers are very nice.

Thing is they could change also as i50 have is that ppl able to teleport to keeps, so hibbis if they have DC can port to DC, and middis can port to bled/nott etc.

But u cant port to DC if u are a middie and controlling the keep and thats good.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
As mentioned, I'd really love OF back as a questing zone. A quest that tells something about the great epic wars in odins/emain/HW. And a story why these zones got banished from the world map(Not sure how theyr gonna do that tho;P)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
LOL people say they miss Emain bad but not a single person uses Cathal Valley. I know there a few differences but still its dead

So i dont honestly think bringin back OF would make a difference if anything it would make things worse

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
LOL people say they miss Emain bad but not a single person uses Cathal Valley. I know there a few differences but still its dead

So i dont honestly think bringin back OF would make a difference if anything it would make things worse

I think ppl missing OF as a whole, not just Emain. HW was fantastic too and the other areas was good too.

Windwalka1

Fledgling Freddie
its true, OF had some beautiful terrain and awesome entries for fights, anyone who remembers Dem Hibbies vid, the first fight where DH and a mid grp clash on the hill is a fight scene worthy of remembering.

can still be achieved somewhat in NF but imo, they need to make the focus much more on agramon, make it easier to access and make the keeps n towers n bridges less of a focus area.

Imagine agramon being changed to be easily accessed and made more open in some areas and highly forested in others for a mix of open and closed battles, wud be awesome imo.

Keep NF, just improve it. NF as it is is too flat and hence is becoming boring

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Windwalka1 said:
its true, OF had some beautiful terrain and awesome entries for fights, anyone who remembers Dem Hibbies vid, the first fight where DH and a mid grp clash on the hill is a fight scene worthy of remembering.

can still be achieved somewhat in NF but imo, they need to make the focus much more on agramon, make it easier to access and make the keeps n towers n bridges less of a focus area.

Imagine agramon being changed to be easily accessed and made more open in some areas and highly forested in others for a mix of open and closed battles, wud be awesome imo.

Keep NF, just improve it. NF as it is is too flat and hence is becoming boring

Not really, its just too big for what the playerbase is. I mean, the main fights happen mainly in Hadrians Wall, where its open terrain, compared to the hell of red con mobs and hils in Odins and the smallness of Emain(i mean, the main part of emain is between Crim and that river, where the bowl is)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I love RVR in Thidranki. So much more fun than 50s RVR.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can throw NF in the bin, chuck away all your BG's other than Thid, Leirvik, and Molvik, and get back to doing what RVRs all about - having fun. Many ppl seem to have turned it into one massive ego-competitive rat race. No thanks.

Thid 4tw :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Agramon = lagtastic n abusezor map ftw thus not feasable for anything save a museum piece of the game of which overall is laughed at because of its universal crap implementation and design.

After reading the whole the this thread and being bored overall of reading it, the obvious sum up of it is this :- One man's meat is another man's poison.

The problem with this game overall has been the bone of contention 'balance' and no matter how often they try to make this a fair and interesting game, the EU community continues to find flaws in its every aspect - which for some is why they continue to play. So the dream and purpose of this poll actually lies in when are they going to make this game interesting enough and balanced enough that everyone is happy. Answer to that is nevah which usually =

Originally posted by Samaroon (no offence, your name just seems handy)

Yeah like the thread says, see ya matorz I am off to WAR or some other random mmo where the grass and my pet cow wants to eat the greener side of some other crap game with no less and no more faults than daoc but tbh wanna leave anyway. Thx meights for such a good time over the years, cya etc

ZZzzZZ

Instead of saying what suxxor and what is good on a forum where the community managers are EU and can do nothing to influence the game, try being part of the program that makes the game better via Mythic? Feck yeah that just seems too obvious :( But without your input they cannot make the game better without integrating carefully considered valid solutions on how to make the damned thing better. Start getting creative please and stop waiting for GOA to post :- Greetings, below there is poll on aspects of the game we feel could be improved, please vote for the following and we will implement them into the game and btw we would be grateful for any other ideas that you would post in earnest into this thread ty etc

As for level 49 bg, bah didn't stay around long enuff to see it but then again from what i read, may as well just ding toons to 50 anyways and leave it :F

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Well mythic game design is from the bottom to now very bad imo If you even consider how bad the game interface is and the keybinding options where at start ok so they changed it and you could make macros and bind keys to the macro... but emain was just a fluke imo, Its not really that good zone either you can't "pvp" eveywhere in it because it was full of mobs (if you didn't know), but daoc is an old game and my memorys from being level 40 zerging emain to stop pvping because of 3fg shroom hibs at amg.. is good and bad. In someway I really miss having fun in daoc as I did but toa changed this game more then just the new zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom