Would it be possible for Goa NOT to implement new arti spawn times ?

Gamah

Banned
You dont seem to understand?

If prices fall you will need less money to buy them..so you dont need to farm 100plat or what ever..you can get a nice template done for 15plat or so :eek:..Just sounds like your throwing your toys out the pram because your gonna loose a way to rip people off :(.

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
Take a hint, more scrolls lower prices, no where to get money from = no artifacts , = no uber items = less happy casual gamers

ffs, theres other ways to get money than farming scrolls. anyone can farm salvage loot and get 10-20p a week easy or farm seals in DF and get a few plats

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
You dont seem to understand?

If prices fall you will need less money to buy them..so you dont need to farm 100plat or what ever..you can get a nice template done for 15plat or so :eek:..Just sounds like your throwing your toys out the pram because your gonna loose a way to rip people off :(.

What is that u cant understand, artifacts like GoV, SoM etc and rare items will still cost the same and will be very hard to get as many players loose there only reable source of income.

But ok u can gifv me gov for 3 plats and cs for 2 plats and i can get this "15p template".

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Can you read?

The thread is filled with people suggesting other ways to make money?

Are you related to Thugs in any way? You seem to have the same knack for completely ignoring facts that don't suit you.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
for me personally its not artifact encounter nor the artifacts that are hard its the scrolls themselves. I find it incredibly boring to farm the same mobs over and over again and not get the ubah rare scroll drop.

Mythic should probbly have just made all artifact mobs insta spawn 1 time drops only would have eliminated farming totally and made it so artifacts were easy for all to get.

I can see where people are coming for before casuals could have at least got a chance at getting artifact encounter now that they changing the drop rates going to be more artis on the CM's but less people with artifact encounter credit to buy it.

Tbh i hope this gets rid of the arti campers who dont need the money IE more than 100plat (and i know they exist) and give people who dont need the artifacts at least a chance at them.

O well we will see hib prydwen dont really have this problem with a low population you cant really rip people off it spreads ;)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Ocalinn said:
ffs, theres other ways to get money than farming scrolls. anyone can farm salvage loot and get 10-20p a week easy or farm seals in DF and get a few plats

this is not the point
forcing ppl back to DF or crafting (need 800mw) to salvage isnt making it easier for the casual player.

And 4 weeks of boring salvaging and frustration in DF for a GoV, no thanx but u can do that if u think its fun.

and btw that isnt me or other scroll farmers thats greedy, we have to take out high prices so we can afford arties and items, blame those arti campers for taking so high prices.

And as a sidenote if more ppl farmed scrolls prices would go down but all lazy ppl can do is QQ about how overpriced scrolls are instead of getting their thumbs out and go farm themself. :touch:

This dosnt apply to arties as they are on a high pop timer.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
aye scrolls are high because people dont farm them they rather buy them from CM's artis are high because they on a rare pop timer and some arnt 100% drops.

I hate seeing <selling cloudsong 15plat> spam in aigr and i see it a lot i think WHY farm the artifact if your going to sell it.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
My hunter cost around 25p all in, mostly down to my very freindly "helping the team" guild mates, who would rather share the decent scrolls than sell them. This includes 7 artis (all easy ones) plus 3 MP parts. I think your template is over the top if you cant afford it or cant see alternatives.
QUOTE]

Amen, similar situation to myself, even the slightly harder artis haven't been too big a deal.

Worst part is the scrolls, although I have an animist I find farming rather boring and with it being relatively easy to obtain what I need I have no motive to sell loads of stuff to buy something. Mostly I make money from salvage and spent about 14p last week, I'd say since TOA arrived I've spent maybe 35p-40p on about 4 toons.

One problem I see atm with the amount of scrolls on the ME is people don't adjust their prices very often, see one scroll for 20p and someone else selling it for 2p. Often when there are dozens of the scroll available!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Let Oboy voice his point of view as much as he wants, and let him qq when the prices plummet below his IQ ;)

Gamah

Banned
Vladamir said:
Let Oboy voice his point of view as much as he wants, and let him qq when the prices plummet below his IQ ;)

They will never get that low? Low indeed but free? living in a dreamworld

Gamah

Banned
Oboy said:
What is that u cant understand, artifacts like GoV, SoM etc and rare items will still cost the same and will be very hard to get as many players loose there only reable source of income.

But ok u can gifv me gov for 3 plats and cs for 2 plats and i can get this "15p template".

you will proll get cs for 2plat after the patch xD

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
OK.. so tell me: when you´re a casual player and you managed to farm one more or less expensive scroll.... where do think does the money come from when you sell it? I.e. where did person who´s buying your scroll get the money from?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
person who is buying the scroll does the same as everyone else goes out and farms the scroll they want or farms mobs or power levels an alt /bot and the money they make from the loot / drops/ seals /scrolls they then funnel into buying the scroll they want.

I do it but i set my limit of a plat for rare scrolls normally ill buy the other two and go out and farm the scroll mob and when ive made 5 plat farming for the scroll and still no drop i go and buy it anyways.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
OK.. so tell me: when you´re a casual player and you managed to farm one more or less expensive scroll.... where do think does the money come from when you sell it? I.e. where did person who´s buying your scroll get the money from?
From the animists of course. ;)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Exactly.
But if the two of you are doing the same thing (farm scrolls to get money to buy scrolls), then what´s the point of having a market for scrolls at all? It would be much better to just farm money and buy artifacts instead of being forced to farm scrolls to get money, so you can buy scrolls AND artifacts. Because not only other people need scrolls... you need them too and the demand for scrolls isn´t infinite (i.e. the market WILL be satuated at some point).

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
now i dont post on these forums much but i must ask where did Oboy go to school, because i dont want to send my kids there.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Berthold said:
now i dont post on these forums much but i must ask where did Oboy go to school, because i dont want to send my kids there.
go back to the cave u crawl up from twoll :touch:
and if u really have kids i feel sorri for them having a dad wasting his time with a game

Helme

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
you will proll get cs for 2plat after the patch xD
No, because they upped the spawntime. And if you were refering to me as my only income will be gone with this patch, surprise surprise I dont sell any scrolls, I dont farm any scrolls. Infact my CM got 2 RoG staffs I got from some mob when I levled my artifacts, and they are there for 5g each.

But this update is still bad, since you wont be able to get that GoV anyways, since you now cant farm for the scrolls and sell what you don't need and make enought profit to buy it. But trying to get you to understand this is ofcourse, impossible.

Gamah

Banned
Oboy said:
u can always have sweet dreams about it :wanker:

I don't really like dreaming about arti prices...more into naked swedish blonde girls catering to my every desire!

Gamah

Banned
Helme said:
No, because they upped the spawntime. And if you were refering to me as my only income will be gone with this patch, surprise surprise I dont sell any scrolls, I dont farm any scrolls. Infact my CM got 2 RoG staffs I got from some mob when I levled my artifacts, and they are there for 5g each.

But this update is still bad, since you wont be able to get that GoV anyways, since you now cant farm for the scrolls and sell what you don't need and make enought profit to buy it. But trying to get you to understand this is ofcourse, impossible.

I was refering to this guy I quoted in my post. Also nobody knows how much they upped the spawn time could be very little indeed.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
I was refering to this guy I quoted in my post. Also nobody knows how much they upped the spawn time could be very little indeed.
VNboards -> Camelot main boards -> Trials of Atlantis -> Read US whine about the spawn times.
Assuming its going to rock without looking on what the US people reactions are to it surerly is great isn't it?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Helme said:
VNboards -> Camelot main boards -> Trials of Atlantis -> Read US whine about the spawn times.
Assuming its going to rock without looking on what the US people reactions are to it surerly is great isn't it?
The yanks will whine about anything that involves a loss in game profit, so dont even bring them into it. Hell the patch isnt even finished yet, so its too early to take their word for anything.

Simple business rules prove that this will work, if it didnt your PC would still cost £5000 and companies like Intel would be ripping you off left right and center. Supply and demand, the more demand, more supply then less cost, simple.

No one is saying its going to make things too easy, artifacts will still be the same, but with less and less people needing them, the prices will have to fall eventually anyway, hell look at SOM, I used to see it for 20P plus, now id be lucky to sell one for 6p, GOV is the same, old price = 60P, last one sold in Mid for under 40P. So the trend is already happening.

I have probably sold 5-6 scrolls ever for more than 5p on my CM, yet I still have over 60plat, I farm DF, and any mobs in SI that drop top tier materials and /salvage and hinge away while doing my Networking course, so blab on about how hard it is to make cash. Again this mentality comes from too much PL and ebaying, my first 50 dinged with 4 plat in his pocket, and then it was a huge amount of cash, compared to now, its bugger all.

Oboy, I suggest you roll a necro asap, and shut up whinging about being skint, mine can roll in 1p ever hour or two in a variety of zones, 10 hours a week thats 10 plat, 10 weeks, thats 100p, so its doable to get the money without relying on uber drops. Then I suggest you find a more generous guild and some freinds who will help you get what you need, like I have, we help each other for everything we need, as a team! We can make in excess of 5p per hour in DF (when we get it) as a guild group, which goes to a guild fund and is spent on what the guild team needs, some of us even spend our time getting scrolls for others alone in DV, and ask nothing in return than help when we ask. One guildie lost his house due to a bug, and we bought his plot back for 50p from the guild funds, which he repayed over time. Another wanted MT3, we found a nice spot, hit it hard and got him what he wanted, and he doesnt play more than 2 hours weekdays only.

This can only do good things, if you cant see it, your completely blind.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
After change non will have to camp an artifact more than once, they will drop every time...hence there will be more artis on the market and the prices will get lower EVEN if the spawn time is longer. I love it! and I can farm for scrolls myself, no need to go to ML7-cave anymore... :) Wonderful! :clap:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Only potential downside to me of stuff getting cheaper is that the guildhouse rent won't go down to compensate.

Darzil

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Oboy said:
go back to the cave u crawl up from twoll :touch:
and if u really have kids i feel sorri for them having a dad wasting his time with a game

and what is wrong with an adult playing a game? Its a hobby for most just like any hobby. Some people watch movies alot, some devote alot of time to S/M-sex, some have animals.. some play games.

that comment just made you look like an even more arrogant fool with no knowledge about.. anything in life as an adult. You'll understand when you grow up I hope. Kiddos that pretend to know stuff like you do just make me laugh :)

regarding scrollprices etc.. jesus... whats the big deal? :eek: there ARE other ways to farm cash.

If one doesnt have a purse to support an uberdrop, dont try for it, settle with a lesser item/template instead. Thats what most _casuals_ actually do, you have a buffbot and can farm scrolls that sells for alot of cash, and you actually believe you are a casual player? You seem to be a normal player with high ambition gearwise, nothing wrong with that but it if you cant farm items/cash that you need in some way, cry a river and send feedback to Mythic instead of rambling about it here. To justify a higher difficulty in farming something most people need simply because you need cash for uberitems is just plain selfish and also pretty stupid. You arent worried about casuals players, you are worried about yourself and not much more, which in itself make your silly arguing pointless and yet again, silly.

If you are fighting for true casual players, then you should bring up the problematics around artifactencounters, masterlevels and finally the RVRsituation for casuals, those are real problems, not what you describe.

/ponders

new fenomena, wannabecasuals? :eek7:

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Helme said:

I saw the same mixed reactions there as in this thread tbh.

Although I'd say the majority are pleased about the changes, the downside is not controlling what scrolls you are farming for, personally I think it increases the random chances of aggro mob x dropping something useful to someone.

Scrolls will still be worth some money, just less, hence the scrolls you find and sell can still generate enough to buy the ones you seek.

On the other hand more people will probably trade, I for one will be sticking a lot in the guild vault :D

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
that comment just made you look like an even more arrogant fool with no knowledge about.. anything in life as an adult. You'll understand when you grow up I hope. Kiddos that pretend to know stuff like you do just make me laugh :)

If some random tard insults me without any grounds i insult them back :flame:

Shike said:
If one doesnt have a purse to support an uberdrop, dont try for it, settle with a lesser item/template instead. Thats what most _casuals_ actually do, you have a buffbot and can farm scrolls that sells for alot of cash, and you actually believe you are a casual player? You seem to be a normal player with high ambition gearwise, nothing wrong with that but it if you cant farm items/cash that you need in some way, cry a river and send feedback to Mythic instead of rambling about it here. To justify a higher difficulty in farming something most people need simply because you need cash for uberitems is just plain selfish and also pretty stupid. You arent worried about casuals players, you are worried about yourself and not much more, which in itself make your silly arguing pointless and yet again, silly.

i am a casual player in the time i spend on the game, and when i play i like to do it as efficient as possible.
Why should a casual/normal player settle with a lesser template? This only wide the gap and makes rvr even worse. And it wont just be me in this position like u say but all ppl who cant farm artifacts and overpriced drops. Its not fair that normal players have to bust there ass of in DF for a semi-good template when the leetbois just farm arties like mad.

Shike said:
If you are fighting for true casual players, then you should bring up the problematics around artifactencounters, masterlevels and finally the RVRsituation for casuals, those are real problems, not what you describe.
if u bother to read you can see that i mention that this changes actally are good IF they come with other changes (artifacts, ml´s)
Guess we have to so what the new artifact changes will lead to but im not convinced arti prices will get any lower. As many ppl said u actuallty can start alts now and alts need artifacts so the demand still gonna be high = high prices.

And pls stop using the word silly its just make u look even more fag then u are. ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Oboy said:
If some random tard insults me without any grounds i insult them back :flame:

well with what you wrote, you do not only insult the random tard that you call him, you insult every single parent out there playing a game.

Oboy said:
i am a casual player in the time i spend on the game, and when i play i like to do it as efficient as possible.
Why should a casual/normal player settle with a lesser template? This only wide the gap and makes rvr even worse. And it wont just be me in this position like u say but all ppl who cant farm artifacts and overpriced drops. Its not fair that normal players have to bust there ass of in DF for a semi-good template when the leetbois just farm arties like mad.

people that cant farm artifacts.. there is a reason for quite many why they cant, either is lack of understanding of gamemechanics (read, poor player), or they simply lack friends. Which one are you? Friends can help out with most things, if you help them back, it do require a certain amount of peopleskills though. I believe this is where you are failing. Otherwise you wouldnt solofarm for scrolls for cash to buy what can be easily obtained with a decent group.

Oboy said:
if u bother to read you can see that i mention that this changes actally are good IF they come with other changes (artifacts, ml´s)
Guess we have to so what the new artifact changes will lead to but im not convinced arti prices will get any lower. As many ppl said u actuallty can start alts now and alts need artifacts so the demand still gonna be high = high prices.

More drops of artis will lower prices overall no doubt. Simply because the item in question isnt rare anymore, which is a benefit for pretty much everyone. Pretty much every single artifact out there can be done with a decent full group (read, easy to obtain) and more and more artifacts will come out on the market, which naturally will lower prices on them. Items otoh will cost the same I guess, which is fine, since pretty much every item can be farmed with a full group anyway. Or, you can farm some lesser items and build funds or salvage your way to more cash. It isnt hard, and it isnt very timeconsuming either. 150plat may seem to be alot, but it isnt, anyone can farm that with a lvl50 and a bot. All you need is time, but thats what you pay since you lack a group.

Oboy said:
And pls stop using the word silly its just make u look even more fag then u are. ;)

why..? I find your arguements nothing but silly, I label them just like you labeled a large portion of the playerbase with your comment about a parent playing a game. And I also see you have something against fags aswell, since you are using the word in something that is supposed to resemble an insult, that would add prejucided to the long list of bad sides you seem to have. Prefer I call you fuckwit instead? Might suit your "personality" on this forum better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom