Would it be possible for Goa NOT to implement new arti spawn times ?

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing how the effect will be on some crowded Euro realms.

I for one really dislike the idea. For causal players the longer spawnrates with higher droprate will be a killer. Atm You can do encounter and get credit, buy or get the arti from a friend.

After new spawntables You have will have a hard time even getting the credit.

Would much rather keep it the way it is and have the option of buying the arti or farm it, besides acctually killing the mob without a drop is more fun the just watching the screen zZzZ.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
DrunkSkunk said:
give url to patch notes

your angel roxxor, can't remember the card name though :s
do remember stats though ;) cos i'm sad :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure what you are on about tbh:

1.74 patchnotes said:
Encounter changes/artifact changes
In order to alleviate some player frustration in not receiving an artifact with a successful completion of an encounter, we have begun adjusting the drop rates so the artifacts will drop with almost every encounter completion. In 1.74 we have adjusted the artifacts that previously had less than a 50% chance to drop. The artifacts affected include Healer's Embrace, Ceremonial Bracer, Crocodile Tear Ring, Band of Stars, Scorpion Tail Ring, Scepter of the Meritorius, Eerie Darkness Stone, Traitor's dagger and Cloudsong. Please note that in some cases the spawn rate for the encounter has been decreased to balance the higher drop rate of the artifacts. See the TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES section below for more information.
I think this increase in spawn times refers to some artis that spawn very fast (Mariashas now seems to pop every hour at times), making that item "Not so rare and valuable".

Patch notes are normally Here for the US or our future patches.

In answer tho, I think the spawn rates are hard code, so no, GOA cant touch this (do do de do dooo dooo - hammer time)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Im more worried about the new scroll system that i think gonna ruin the economy, when all scrolls get easy to get, prices will go to the botton and making it impossible for the casual player to earn large amounts of money to buy all uber drops and arties most templates demands. Money will just stay between the "leet" pve players who farm arties and ml´s 24/7.

So if Mythic cares about the casual players dont implement this, it may look nice for the casual player at the first glance, but one deep look behind the screen reviels the truth.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
to be honest artifacts aren't the real problem for 'casual players' ... on a nice 'bimblesession' with a couple of friends it's quite easy to get a couple of artifacts. It's the scrollfarming that casual players have no time for.

I know a couple of these 'casual players' that have artifact and credit (Shades of Mist for example) but buying Regarding Shades 3 would pretty much empty the pockets on all their chars and farming it they simply don't have the time for.

So I think it's great that scrolls are going to get easier.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Oboy said:
Im more worried about the new scroll system that i think gonna ruin the economy, when all scrolls get easy to get, prices will go to the botton and making it impossible for the casual player to earn large amounts of money to buy all uber drops and arties most templates demands. Money will just stay between the "leet" pve players who farm arties and ml´s 24/7.

So if Mythic cares about the casual players dont implement this, it may look nice for the casual player at the first glance, but one deep look behind the screen reviels the truth.
Please read that again.... make sense yet...no. The economy is already ruined by "l337" farmers camping the best spots, and hiking prices thru the roof.

If the scroll prices drop you wont need uber cash, which is still farmable from DF, TOA Dungeons etc. You contradict yourself so much there, if scrolls and artis are easier to obtain, then surely the "casual" gamer can get them easier, so wheres the problem? Your not making sense at all.

Besides, Catacombes is on the horizon before 1.74's changes, the cash in there is improved and instance dungeons means farming forever in uncamped spots, so again cash wont be hard to come by. And youll be getting lots of PvE drops to play with and /salvage :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
when all scrolls get easy to get, prices will go to the botton and making it impossible for the casual player to earn large amounts of money to buy all uber drops and arties most templates demands

Errr.. what?!?!
Scroll prices going to the bottom is making it HARDER for casual players?? That´s a pretty messed up logic there dude. Scrolls aren´t easy to farm for the casual player because the most wanted scrolls are hidden somewhere deep inside a dungeon you can´t enter if you´re not ml3 or got an entire zerg behind you. And even if the casual player is able to do some scrollfarming, he won´t get too much money out of them because the hardcore gamers are usually able to sell them for a lower price (more scrolls, floating the market etc.etc... you know the drill).
At any rate, the less money you need to spend to activate an artifact, the better for the casual gamer. The more artifacts are available, the better for the economy and the casual gamer.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
to be honest artifacts aren't the real problem for 'casual players' ... on a nice 'bimblesession' with a couple of friends it's quite easy to get a couple of artifacts. It's the scrollfarming that casual players have no time for.

I know a couple of these 'casual players' that have artifact and credit (Shades of Mist for example) but buying Regarding Shades 3 would pretty much empty the pockets on all their chars and farming it they simply don't have the time for.

So I think it's great that scrolls are going to get easier.

I couldn't agree more I'm in exactly that position with several artifacts on Excalibur, Nailah's scrolls anyone? :eek7:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
aye nailah's and mad tales. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Scrollprices are insane. I do hope that the changes in the dropsystem for Volc and Aerus scrolls will put more scrolls on the market and drop the prices. Artifacts ought to be doable for anyone without having to cough up dozens of platinum pieces.

As for spawn-rates, GOA can alter them just fine. I doubt they are hardcoded into the game. They're probably in some read-file somewhere (think a nice excel sheet or something.) - I've seen Kemor fix an insta-respawn named mob on the spot while I was watching it. (Some named dude in SI, near Iarnwood that was getting farmed continuously).

- English -

Resident Freddy
if scrolls become easier to farm, and artis become 100%, there is probably more chance of being able to make alts useable. We just need a ML nerf now :(

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
lol u cant se clearly here, farming scrolls are the only way to get money for a casual player and with the new scroll systems its taken away. And artifacts gonna get harder to get with further increase in spawntime.

How am i suppose to get 35 plat for example gov without high prices on scrolls that are easy to farm? Go df? pfft gimme a break.

My temp cost me about 150plat and almost all of it comes from solo scroll farming.

These rules will just increasy the distance from casual players and leet farming bois.

And yes if scroll prices drop i still need uber money for artis and ml drops. It isnt the scrolls that are a problem, its the camping and prices of artifacts and ml drops, that is.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Oboy said:
lol u cant se clearly here, farming scrolls are the only way to get money for a casual player and with the new scroll systems its taken away. And artifacts gonna get harder to get with further increase in spawntime.
Rubbish, theres plenty of ways for everyone to make money, and no one said artifacts would become harder. 100% drop rate means they can be obtained easier, more will have them, the leet farmers will give up as the demand lessens. Also if you read, its stating that its the artis with low spawn times being affected, not the high ones, so probebly ones like GOV, SOM will be untouched.

How am i suppose to get 35 plat for example gov without high prices on scrolls that are easy to farm? Go df? pfft gimme a break.
Yes go DF, sorry but youve had life too easy, in both RvR and PvE its quite easy to get cash, and there are always alternatives to wanting all de uberest itemz! GOV will drop in price, as will its scrolls in these changes. Oh, and did I mention the decent cash in Catacombes?

My temp cost me about 150plat and almost all of it comes from solo scroll farming.
My hunter cost around 25p all in, mostly down to my very freindly "helping the team" guild mates, who would rather share the decent scrolls than sell them. This includes 7 artis (all easy ones) plus 3 MP parts. I think your template is over the top if you cant afford it or cant see alternatives.

These rules will just increasy the distance from casual players and leet farming bois.
How, more scrolls and artis, less cost and more availabilty makes TOA capping for anyone easier.

And yes if scroll prices drop i still need uber money for artis and ml drops. It isnt the scrolls that are a problem, its the camping and prices of artifacts and ml drops, that is.
Bull plop, artis will be easier, what part of that concept doesnt make sense? Yes ppl will camp, make a BG for credit, then offer them cash (eg, i could offer 10 ppl 2p to help me do GOV, thats 20p instead of 35p :p). As for ML drops, run the raids yourself, claim and item each time, its not hard and theres plenty of advice out there.

You seem blind to how the DAoC economy works, rare item = more cost, which makes sense, well to a degree as some cant wait to charge the earth. More items = less cost. So it balances out. As for campers, well if you read the Friday news about camping arti's and ML steps, youll know its being frowned upon, and beleive it or not, ask those campers nicely and many will let you in on the action!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
People farming artifacts => as time goes by, there are more and more artifacts in the game => the economy/market is getting closer to a satuation status => prices will drop because there´s less and less demand.
If your template costs 150p, how much of those 150p are for scrolls? Try and calcualte the price for your template w/o the scrolls. The try and calculate the time you need to farm the money in some other way than by farming and selling scrolls (which - as I said before - is NOT the best way to farm for a casual gamer and on top of that it´s not relyable too since you need to sell the scrolls and compete with the scrollprices made by all the hardcore gamers). The mechanism of farming scrolls to make money does NOT compensate the fact that you need to buy 3 scrolls for every arti you need in your template, since - again as I said before - the top priced scrolls are usually not farmable by a casual gamer, at least not at a reasonable pace.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
i cant bother arguing with you, but the fact remains this change has two sides
1, it makes it easier for causal players to get scrolls
2, Takes away the best way for a casual player to farm money

and Thor, of those 150plats and rare items are the biggest cost, i farmed most scrolls by myself. Ii isnt that hard, u should try it someday. Only paid for cs book and mt 2 and 3 (around 25-30p) rest is arties items.

Yes go DF, sorry but youve had life too easy, in both RvR and PvE its quite easy to get cash, and there are always alternatives to wanting all de uberest itemz! GOV will drop in price, as will its scrolls in these changes. Oh, and did I mention the decent cash in Catacombes?

Isnt the changes suppose to make it EASIER for casual players

All the changes gonna do is wide the gap between those who can farm arties and mls and those who cant. As it is now i can actually get the template i want.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
your second point is completely bullshit ... a casual player can't farm scrolls to sell them .. if he ever comes around to farming them ... he'll need them himself far to much...

I guess it's where you lay the line between casual player, 'normal' player and powergamer cause I don't know anyone that conciders farming 150 plat worth of scrolls solo "casual".

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
your second point is completely bullshit ... a casual player can't farm scrolls to sell them .. if he ever comes around to farming them ... he'll need them himself far to much...

I guess it's where you lay the line between casual player, 'normal' player and powergamer cause I don't know anyone that conciders farming 150 plat worth of scrolls solo "casual".

its easy and maybe u should try it sometime before giving a opinion and yes i call it casual, i play max 10h/week and took me about 3 months to get my temp done. This includes exping all arties.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
wtf says I didn't try it?

I have 6 characters all fully toa'd 3 of which also have their arti's fully leveled... I'm not a casual gamer though I farmed my little heart out to get all that.

My point is that you obviously have a different perception of the word casual then me and a couple of other people I know. They'd be happy if they had 10 hours a week and they'd be happy if they had the means to solofarm scrolls.

Not very casual ... having a buffbot :p

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Not very casual ... having a buffbot :p
leveld my bb when i solo xped arties so has nothing to do with this, and bb is pure for rvr, sometimes i dont even bother moving it from cs.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Well you said it and now I agree with you.

Oboy said:
i cant bother arguing with you

Been a while since I saw someone contradict themselves this much in this short a timeframe. Very very little point in arguing with you.

Have a nice day

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
Well you said it and now I agree with you.

Been a while since I saw someone contradict themselves this much in this short a timeframe. Very very little point in arguing with you.

Have a nice day
:clap: Very well put.

Take a hint, more scrolls = less money needed = less farming scrolls for money = more happy "casual" gamers.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
:clap: Very well put.

Take a hint, more scrolls = less money needed = less farming scrolls for money = more happy "casual" gamers.

Take a hint, more scrolls lower prices, no where to get money from = no artifacts , = no uber items = less happy casual gamers

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
u can go on for ages about this but, scroll changes gonna improve for some casual players and gonna be devestating for others, nuff said.

Time for me to build up a money reserv :m00: :m00:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
u can go on for ages about this but, scroll changes gonna improve for some casual players and gonna be devestating for others, nuff said.

Time for me to build up a money reserv :m00: :m00:
Translation:
"Scroll changes gonna improve for all casual players who don't have the time to spend hours farming for scrolls and gonna be devastating for me cos I won't be able to rip people off with overpriced scrolls anymore."

Lower scroll prices is great news for everyone except the people who are curently controlling the prices of scrolls. There are plenty of ways to get cash other than scroll farming - a couple of hours in AC will net a plat or so in salvage drops, PoC can net some respec stones after not very much farming. ML bosses can be farmed for decent gear still and as Whoodoo pointed out DF hasn't gone anywhere. Stopping scroll farming from being the the cash cow that is currently is, is a good thing for the game and a good thing for the community.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Translation:
"Scroll changes gonna improve for all casual players who don't have the time to spend hours farming for scrolls and gonna be devastating for me cos I won't be able to rip people off with overpriced scrolls anymore."

Lower scroll prices is great news for everyone except the people who are curently controlling the prices of scrolls. There are plenty of ways to get cash other than scroll farming - a couple of hours in AC will net a plat or so in salvage drops, PoC can net some respec stones after not very much farming. ML bosses can be farmed for decent gear still and as Whoodoo pointed out DF hasn't gone anywhere. Stopping scroll farming from being the the cash cow that is currently is, is a good thing for the game and a good thing for the community.

go buy a clue on ebay.

no one controlls prices on scrolls except the market its self
u gotta understand that it isnt just scrolls that is overpriced, its artifacts and drops to, prices like 35p for gov and 40p+ for some drops is insane, but as long ALL prices are overpriced its not really a problem.

The problem comes when u bring unbalance to the market as its gonna be when scrolls get common.

Its impossible to farm enough money in poc, df or whatever even to efford 1 of those items and all ppl dont have acces to high ml chars or necros and stuff to farm arties/ml´s with.

Its a good start to doing this changes but its gonna bring unbalace so long artifacts and ml drops dont get common them to.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
If scroll prices drop then people won't have the cash for expensive artifacts so their prices will drop so that they sell, simple market forces. You either price so that something sells, or don't sell anything.

That said I made the bulk of my template money from solo farmed scrolls back in the day (mad tales 2/3 largely). I wouldn't call myself a casual player though, almost any casual player you can mention wouldn't be able to farm such valuable scrolls.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Those changes are actually rather bad, It is now an ~8 hour respawn on Ceremonial Bracer mob, but a higher drop chance(still not 100%) cloudsong got an even longer spawntime, but upped dropchance.

In the long run it is better as it is now, you can just go do CB with some guildies and hope for drop, if it doesnt drop well just log and try some other time since its always up. Now you got to have the luck as a casual player to find the artifact with the now long respawn timer being actually up.

And yes, if scroll prices drop that will ruin it more then it helps, if you can't get that lucky scroll drop from that bluecon that aggroed you and sell it for a nice profit you can't get that drop thats priced high on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom