Would Dyvet players put money where their mouth is?

Gamah

Banned
I don't play any more, I'd like to point that out before the trolls inc to get a free flame attempt off. Personally I don't give a flying fuck what happens to Dyvet now, however, I would like to see a game (and server) I used to love live on.

I read a lot of whining on the forums about this and that and the fact GOA won't do anything about the problem, also, a lot of crying, bitching and moaning.

Trouble is I see this from the same people month after month, this is particularly funny when it's from the people who cry and say they are cancelling their subs.

I would like to know how many people would actually BE WILLING AND WOULD cancel their subs on a particular day if organised by someone here? (not me, I have no interest in leading the charge)

Because to honest it seems people on this forum are all talk and no fucking action and that's what got the server into the shit state it is in now, I would actually like to re-sub the minstrel for a spin but no way in hell I would do it reading about the current state of RvR.

So come on...who would actually take part in a "strike" as it were and spread the word to non fh readers to do the same?

Not many I reckon.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I would, as long as i could be sure 90% of the population would as well. No point unless everyone does it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
for some reason i thought it was blowjob related when i read the title :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Both my accounts have been closed for nearly 2 months and don't have any plans of renewing whatsoever.
Dyvet is a lost cause in my opinion especially considering the 'help' GoA have been giving. :(

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
If i have no current game plans, then i would consider cancelling my account for this.

Its a great shame that it has to come down to quantity over quality, unless the numbers decline to only 30ish accounts open then GoA will not do a thing about it.

Sorin

Banned
I don't play more than 2 hours a day.

So no reason for me to do it.

Gamah

Banned
Tuthmes, you are the only one where I would like to put my cock where your mouth is <3

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I've already canceled my acc and don't really see myself returning to Dyvet, unless something drastic happens.. I've retired from daoc and I won't be giving my money to goa anymore! A shame that I'll have to leave a whole lot of my good friends and foes behind, but spending time and money to play Dyvet just isn't worth it anymore

If you want to, you'll probably be able to reach me either on FH or elsewhere

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Both my accounts r closed for the last month or so... and i am not renewing for at least 1 month more... and even then.. will c... may even migrate.

And molested already didnt renew and went US.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Not many I reckon.

Many already cancelled and didn't come back. This is one of the reasons why the server has such a low population.

2 out of 3 of my GoA accounts are not active, I am playing causally til it runs off then I am gone for good.

As for stopping to pay, it will not matter, GoA will milk enough people who just don't know or don't care with Warhammer while laughing in the faces of those who left due to the bad service.

They belong to the French Telecom afair, Mythic to EA - it's usually the smaller companies who give better customer service in my experience.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
prolly about to cancel mine as well, last 3 days was a nice pattern:
1) Log in
2) Notice that you're the only one in the entire /as
3) Idle for 5 mins
4) No one else comes online, log off

:(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
uk pop on duvet is irrelevent to em. If whole server cancelled their subs I doubt it would make an impact, which is the irony really.

Just make sure u give em hell from the git-go on the WAR servers, don't forget, spread the discontent there, give em a hard time and make em earn their 8 pounds a week. Only way imo!

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
I've already canceled my acc and don't really see myself returning to Dyvet, unless something drastic happens.. I've retired from daoc and I won't be giving my money to goa anymore! A shame that I'll have to leave a whole lot of my good friends and foes behind, but spending time and money to play Dyvet just isn't worth it anymore

If you want to, you'll probably be able to reach me either on FH or elsewhere

I hope u dont expect me to be ur friend for just having u in my shoulders crying over the last 4-5 years :p

just to be sure :p

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
uk pop on duvet is irrelevent to em. If whole server cancelled their subs I doubt it would make an impact, which is the irony really.

Just make sure u give em hell from the git-go on the WAR servers, don't forget, spread the discontent there, give em a hard time and make em earn their 8 pounds a week. Only way imo!

you can get a nice ban if you make their life hard... try it in any game and youll take the same answer m8 ;)

and the reason?

the little paper you tick on when u start playing the game it gives them the ability to do fack all they want with your account if they wish to...

kinda like doctors before a great surgery for not having the law in their feet.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Problem is theres no other games out there with a half decent PvP system to be in competition with DAOC.

RvR offered a good balance between pvp and pve, without the usual horrible 'pk' element of most mmorpg's so you could choose wether to be exposed to it or not. Nor did it have the lame 'collesium' style pvp fights of the rest of the market.

What we had was a plausible frontier situration that made sense and offered good incentive to take part without being compulsary for the most part. A great balance that there is still no other games out there can match, it beggers belief that no other mmorpgs have thought to copy this effective template for their games and I imagine this is partially due to not wanting to be seen to copy an idea alas.

Personally i've already quit and simply pray that one day there'll be a 'dream patch' to right all wrongs, but know full well it'll never happen. Currently I play LOTR online which does follow a similer pattern to RvR but missing all the incentives to actually make you want to take part so simply does not work. But given how little time I have for mmorpg's its enough to pick up and play and not take seriously, which is what I want from a game now.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
you can get a nice ban if you make their life hard... try it in any game and youll take the same answer m8 ;)

and the reason?

the little paper you tick on when u start playing the game it gives them the ability to do fack all they want with your account if they wish to.
Well couldn't give a shit, I like daoc and not WAR and daoc is all I give a shit about..

Some perspective. It's not rl and no need to have a dirty protest or go on hunger strike. However, going on paying for a service when they don't deliver and not tweeking their nose not to improveit is stupid.

Lecathar

Fledgling Freddie
I don't play any more, I'd like to point that out before the trolls inc to get a free flame attempt off. Personally I don't give a flying fuck what happens to Dyvet now, however, I would like to see a game (and server) I used to love live on.

I read a lot of whining on the forums about this and that and the fact GOA won't do anything about the problem, also, a lot of crying, bitching and moaning.

Trouble is I see this from the same people month after month, this is particularly funny when it's from the people who cry and say they are cancelling their subs.

I would like to know how many people would actually BE WILLING AND WOULD cancel their subs on a particular day if organised by someone here? (not me, I have no interest in leading the charge)

Because to honest it seems people on this forum are all talk and no fucking action and that's what got the server into the shit state it is in now, I would actually like to re-sub the minstrel for a spin but no way in hell I would do it reading about the current state of RvR.

So come on...who would actually take part in a "strike" as it were and spread the word to non fh readers to do the same?

Not many I reckon.
Waste of time imo = new game comes out in January & goa already have the contract,so like all other complaints it will most definitely fall on deaf ears !

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
cant fault you for trying gam but its just a wtf situation, wouldnt even bother resubbing

8quid is 2 macdonalds after all

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
> GoA

Just fyi Jacob ;)

Last time i logged on to that i ran into this nice wl called penelope with speed 7 insta mezz and stun ... not to forget the idiot that kepts spamming tents in setup area so entire server lagged like hell.

Thats alot of fun ... until then i was sure it was better than GOA but now its a draw i think.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
NoName pvp ftw noob... but my valk can own u in it anyday :p

who do you play on NN?

Ontopic: im guessing the answer to the thread is no :p

P.S. No Name PvP rules guys :p well it did until this patch :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Last time i logged on to i50 server i ran into this nice wl called penelope with speed 7 insta mezz and stun ... not to forget the idiot that kepts spamming tents in setup area so entire server lagged like hell.

Thats alot of fun ... until then i was sure it was better than GOA but now its a draw i think.

Haha...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I hope u dont expect me to be ur friend for just having u in my shoulders crying over the last 4-5 years :p

just to be sure :p

When did I ever "cry" on your shoulder?

You've been a great guy for the time I've known you, but don't think I've ever whined at you :D

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Anders!!! is illigal mkay!!
Not to mention extremely buggy and full of cheaters.. (well at least thats how it was a year ago when i tried it out)

Examples includes a valk that could perma spam the pbaoe heal, players flying in the air and also a gay gm that ran around spamming "KEEEL ME IF YOU CAN NOOBS!" in /b hitting people for 6000 damage.

Sure it was fun the first 2 weeks but after that i got tired of bugs, cheat and downtime/lag of the servers.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Not to mention extremely buggy and full of cheaters.. (well at least thats how it was a year ago when i tried it out)

Examples includes a valk that could perma spam the pbaoe heal, players flying in the air and also a gay gm that ran around spamming "KEEEL ME IF YOU CAN NOOBS!" in /b hitting people for 6000 damage.

Sure it was fun the first 2 weeks but after that i got tired of bugs, cheat and downtime/lag of the servers.

all shards were like that at the beginning, but most of them are up to date with the latest DoL patches and what not, so lag/cheaters are quite non existent

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom