Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Let me guess, you are in the 5...?

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Actually i'm in the 2.

Hibs have a insta call friends ability.
You kill one, two will come, you kill two, three will come etc etc, up till five or nine, depending on wheather they wanna bring bots or not.

I have no idea how the hell they do that, and on a server like dyvet? wtf!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Quite amazed that people still play this server, but but, each to their own i guess. :X

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I have a hunch it's 5v2 on a very good day as well. Last time I logged on hib population apart from myself varied between 0 and 1. It was hit and miss whether the other '1' was above 30th lvl. 5v2 is prolly a battle of epic proportions that comes along once every few months, and 3 of em are Remoteaccess.

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
last time i was on there was a lvl32 hib killing his lvl50 alb char for rps

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Next time we log on when GoA offers us a free week, there's a bunch of rr13 characters running around all of the sudden.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
funny that people actally pay to play on dyvet

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
was abderman or w/e his name was in poc last time i logged in.

probably farming doppels now with the rest of em

We never got the doppelganger dudes :(

There was nothing about them in patch notes anyway.
And i haven't seen any.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Lots of RR12 chars on the German cluster, maybe people should reroll there to join the army of high RR chars :p

Or GOA will merge all servers one day, like in the US. =)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Lots of RR12 chars on the German cluster, maybe people should reroll there to join the army of high RR chars :p

Or GOA will merge all servers one day, like in the US. =)

Server merging isnt possible, GoA said so themselves. =(((

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

and it wouldn't really help either as i'm pretty sure GOA's cluster wouldn't use english. so part from those that already do play on the german/french clusters they wouldn't get all that many new subs.

and a highly doubt that those that play on the US servers want to go back to being 2+ years behind on patches again :p

i know i don't.

Septina

Part of the furniture
and it wouldn't really help either as i'm pretty sure GOA's cluster wouldn't use english. so part from those that already do play on the german/french clusters they wouldn't get all that many new subs.

and a highly doubt that those that play on the US servers want to go back to being 2+ years behind on patches again :p

i know i don't.

Character transfer to the US servers is pretty much the only thing that would get me back to daoc. That and the origins project IF they made it purely like it was back in the OF days. :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
One of the guild did email Mythic about the possibility of a char transfer from EU servers >> US. Teh reply was:

"We have started investigating how to tackle this situation. I do not yet have any more data than that, but know that it is something currently on our minds.
Best,
Lori Hyrup
Producer, Dark Age of Camelot
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio"

Make of that what you will, possibly meaningless fluff to keep people happy and off their backs...but it's not an outright "No, not gonna happen, period".

liloe

It's my birthday today!

Oh but it is possible =) In the US they are implementing an automated system atm. The only thing is, that they would need to change everything to one language OR find a solution to that =)

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Anything's possible. All they gotta do is move the EU servers as far away from GOA as possible, and close enough to the US servers to add them to the network.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Anything's possible. All they gotta do is move the EU servers as far away from GOA as possible, and close enough to the US servers to add them to the network.

Well that is not 100% correct, because the EU servers have some extra code, but the more important argument is, that more customers are German or French and not English, so it would be rather stupid to tell all those customers to just suck it up and accept English servers =)

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Well that is not 100% correct, because the EU servers have some extra code, but the more important argument is, that more customers are German or French and not English, so it would be rather stupid to tell all those customers to just suck it up and accept English servers =)

Okay, maybe not 100% but close :p
I'm pretty sure that the coding, the scripts and the platform itself is pretty darn similar. Afterall its the same game with the same patch, as far as i know :)

Ofcourse they would have to find a way to deal with the language.
In theory i guess they could just create a custom UI which contains all quests/zone names/titles etc. So the player could download it from the site.
I can't really think of any other way :(

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ofcourse they would have to find a way to deal with the language.
In theory i guess they could just create a custom UI which contains all quests/zone names/titles etc. So the player could download it from the site.
I can't really think of any other way :(

The problem with the language is, that at the moment, everything is loaded from a DB on the servers. Giving custom languages would mean changing the code so that the players have all text on their computers.

On the other hand, this might also solve the problem that the US DB is restricted to standard symbols, whereas the EU DB can display many more symbols.

It's kinda similar in DDO, where I had an uber mix of German and English text. It was kinda fun, but very confusing, hehe =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom