Worth Reactivating Bainshee or Minstrel?

Davejohnson

Banned
a 'good' solo sorc would realize a nuking caster had gotten the jump on him, thus instantly moccing cc/lifetap or ichoring the target

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
I agree full heartedly!:) And I was waiting for this response!:)

Davejohnson said:
a 'good' solo sorc would realize a nuking caster had gotten the jump on him, thus instantly moccing cc/lifetap or ichoring the target

Now that I agree with, I was actually waiting for this response mate!:)

Now same senario as above post...but instead of qc mess the sorc moc and start to drain, now you have a situation where its more a toss of a coin, it all depends on the crits the bain hits with in the start of the fight...

If the 2 first nukes hits for 750+ then its no chance you can turn it (since you have been 2 shotted).

But if you indeed manage to get him to nuke 3 times you might have time to hit a nice drain and get about 500 back, but you will still be on a 100 hp survival, so if he crits even the least he will take you out, but if he doesnt, within 1-2 nukes you will be winning (especially since your ml9 pet is at him pounding away) and his casting speed is rediculous with the debuffs...so as I said then its about crits or no crits...(but lets face it with WP5 the crits are more common than not, so Id put my money on the Bain owning the sorc in this senario too, but the sorc has alot better chance to survive the jump than a bain would have if the tables were turned)

/Charmangle

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
ROFL :D

YOU calling someone random..classic.

because that makes sense? mr attention seeking whore, omg no one likes me irl I need some attention shall I post on FH to see if anyone loves me online!

Gamah

Banned
I think I upset him :(

Let me know how many Kleenex's you just used drying those tears Brakus and I'll send you some replacements.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
I think I upset him :(
Nah, would take a lot to upset me, just dont quite understand what gives you the impression I think im leet, im not, I play with friends for fun.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
If you never get jumped you should get some balls while moving your toon in RvR.
It's not about balls, it's just stupid to let someone get the jump. Of course you should do everything to avoid it.
As a sorc everytime you see something you should of course kite back and use the nice bolt range mezz to get a nice start.

(About the bainshee, it's probably one of the hardest casters to play 1v1 with. Extremy low util for 1v1 situations, no speed, no stun,no debuffs, no ml9pet and the taunt is interruptable.)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
rly with champresist you arent gonna get nuked for 850 even with a perfect crit, 750 yes, but that would still mean 3 nukes to kill

breaking mezz bt still interrupts the one who had it + if its doubledexdebuffed you sure as fuck will land a spell before he does after the qc/interrupt timers are over

lifetap = win

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
rly with champresist you arent gonna get nuked for 850 even with a perfect crit, 750 yes, but that would still mean 3 nukes to kill

breaking mezz bt still interrupts the one who had it + if its doubledexdebuffed you sure as fuck will land a spell before he does after the qc/interrupt timers are over

lifetap = win

Nah, not sure I agree here with ya mate!:)
But would love to test it out with ya!:)

/Charmangle

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Bah timed out on edit...but here we go:

Sigh I hate this freaking forum sometimes...3:d time I write this now...

I still say that the one with the jump wins...
following the above post id say it is likely to look something like this:

Bain: 750 first hit (1400 hp on sorc: 650 to go),
Sorc: Face, doubledebuff, moc,
Bain: moc,
Sorc: mess hit messblock bounces
Bain: Hits for 500 (If you want to argue castspeed with debuffs, just purge them: 150 to go)
Sorc: Drain hits for 300 (60% back (200): 350 to go)
Bain: Hits for 500 (sorc dead with 150 damage to spare or so!:)

I still say at high rrs, the damage and low hp combined gives the win to the one who gets the jump, unless he makes some stupid mistake or is extremly unlucky with resists etc.

And that the sorc will have a much better win chance if he doesnt go for the cc, but just for moc damage exchange...

/Charmangle

Gamah

Banned
charmangle said:

Bain: Hits for 500 (If you want to argue castspeed with debuffs, just purge them: 150 to go)

I still say at high rrs, the damage and low hp combined gives the win to the one who gets the jump, unless he makes some stupid mistake or is extremly unlucky with resists etc.

And that the sorc will have a much better win chance if he doesnt go for the cc, but just for moc damage exchange...

/Charmangle

So Bainshee need so have spent 15 more realm skill points to win?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
So Bainshee need so have spent 15 more realm skill points to win?

Not sure what that has to do with anything?
We are talking about 2 high rr chars, that are facing off when 1 of them gets the jump.

The point here is that the one getting the jump will most often win unless he screws up.

A sorc has ALOT more funutility than a Bain in 1vs1, the Sorc has a huge advantage (hence the higher use of RAs than the Sorc, since there are simply nothing for the Sorc to purge). But the jump overrides that in high rr cases. Which was the bases for the argument...

If you want to discuss rr1L0 chars the fight will look alot different...(id say sorc wins almost any fight in that case, weather or not the Bain gets the drop)

/Charmangle

Dard

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:

/Charmangle

Honest question here ... once the sorc has mocced, why does he mezz, wouldnt he just lolltap for the win ?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Dard said:
Honest question here ... once the sorc has mocced, why does he mezz, wouldnt he just lolltap for the win ?

charmangle said:

Yes, I was going with Vodkas first qc version...but as you see it was stated in the same post!?!

/Charmangle

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:

/Charmangle

I can't believe you're sad enough to write it 3 times.

It's just so meaningless. One scenario out of hundreds...

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
I can't believe you're sad enough to write it 3 times.
It's just so meaningless. One scenario out of hundreds...

Its an argument, in a discussion, it helps if you actually use arguments you know?

It gives you alot more giving responses than your version of just assuming you know everything the otherside might think...try it, you might even evolve some braincapacity! (well I woudnt expect to much of you ofc, but atleast enough to start functioning in society again) - Now go out there and try it...

Gamah said:
So yeah..should I return :p?
Hehe well, to be honest, there isnt much to return too...Id say reactivate, join one of the gzillion english cluster guilds on Avalon and have fun instead...

Then relog to English cluster when ever you feel like pwning some!:)

/Charmangle

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Its an argument, in a discussion, it helps if you actually use arguments you know?

It's a shit arguement.

You've listed out scenario out of hundreds. Generally if any caster get's the jump on another, he'll kill him. It'd be the same if the sorc got the jump, if a chanter got the jump etc.

I could list a scenario where a bard kills the sorceress because all his timers are down and the bard has all his up. Whoo-pee-do - another scenarion out of possible hundreds.

Gamah

Banned
Brackus said:
The word on the street is no one cares actually

Yeah sorry mr 1337 to have disturbed you, I am sure you have better things to do like "dominate" the PvE'rs on empty cluster ;)

Playing on Avalon now with "All about us"

Davejohnson

Banned
actually charmangle, of the 1800 solo kills on my vamp, i got jumped by non-stealthers 2 or 3 times, so on this cluster i would say its hard to get jumped on a sorc as long as you are experienced and a good player.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Yeah sorry mr 1337 to have disturbed you, I am sure you have better things to do like "dominate" the PvE'rs on empty cluster ;)

Playing on Avalon now with "All about us"
Thats amazing, be sure to keep us updated for the next installment

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom